IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

THANK you, @EowynW, for sharing Aunt Lori's heresy! Is she honestly saying that Christians should rely more on the teachings of Paul (a flawed sinner) than Jesus (the Son of God)? 

Because that's how it reads to me.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori apparently has zero clue about Revelation and how narrowly it made it into official canon.  The orthodox church doesn't read it in liturgy because it's not what people like Lori think it is. 

44 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

THANK you, @EowynW, for sharing Aunt Lori's heresy! Is she honestly saying that Christians should rely more on the teachings of Paul (a flawed sinner) than Jesus (the Son of God)? 

Because that's how it reads to me.

Yes I believe so. 

The Law and Grace cannot co-exist...but Aunt Lori is all about laying down the law to women.

They won't contemplate any other way of understanding the passages, will they? This is from the husbands don't submit post.

Commenter says:

I was always taught that that verse means to treat each other with mutual respect and kindness – “submit” in that context simply means treating each other well. And isn’t that what husbands and wives should be doing anyway?

Lori:

The definition of submit: “To surrender, to yield one’s person to the power of another, to give up resistance,” therefore, it means a lot more than mutual respect, kindness, and treating each other well. The one in submission to another is following the one who is the leader.

Commenter:

Absolutely Lori!
But the verse I was referring to was “submit to one another out of reverence to Christ” – this is the part that I have always been taught is respect and kindness. A husband is not called to submit to his wife, but he is called to love and respect her and treat her with kindness.
How can both be in submission to each other, which is what that verse is saying? Easy: by treating each other with respect and kindness. And the following verses delve deeper into what that should look like – wives submitting to their husbands in everything, and husbands loving their wives as they love their own bodies.

She explains how it works, but Lori responds:

But the words respect and kindness don’t mean submission because submission means the act of yielding to power or authority. Husbands are commanded to love their wives and wives are commanded to submit to their husbands for the husband is head over his wife.

The verses don't say "submit to the authority of your husband" and they also don't say "submit to one-another, except husbands to wives". They don't say "submit to each other's authority".  Submit, or the greek ὑποτασσόμενοι, has more than one meaning and I think it's understood in the wider context of the passage, which is not talking about hierarchy but about spirit-filled life. 

And I'll say what I've said often enough. The husband is called head of the wife, not head over the wife. That preposition is meaningful.  Again, you can't read that alone, isolating it from the context of what it means that Christ is Head of the Church, of which he is savior -it says in the Bible-. And further, in the clear instruction to those heads, Paul never says to "exercise authority" or "correct" or "make all final decisions".  

Another commenter says:

But you will find John MacArthur say that husbands should submit to their wives and he DOES connect it to the preceding verses. His older sermons follow the original interpretation, but his newer sermon says husbands and wives are to submit to each other.

Don’t believe me? His sermon is dictated into notes right on hi sight.

To which Lori replies: (edited to take out the name)

I do believe you, male commenter, and I was very disappointed since I heard him teach it correctly years ago.

Lori, you are always saying that women are easily deceived and that we should submit to church authorities, right?  According to you, John McArthur is a "godly man". I've read that somewhere on your blog. 

Ken says:

the admonition to submit is given exclusively to:

The Church to Christ
Members to Elders
Wives to husbands
Children to parents
Employees/Servants to the Boss

You said that submit means to 

submission means the act of yielding to power or authority.

And Ken says that 

I also know a number of successful partnerships, and in some of them the partners have found a way to separate responsibilities, and in others one partner is considered more senior and deferred to by another. I have also seen about half of the 100+ partnerships I am familiar with fail or dissolve, sometimes in very ugly divorces over unresolvable differences because no one could make a final decision.

It could be that John McArthur, as the more senior, the one who has spent more time studying the Bible, has evolved in his understanding.  If he is "more senior" and if he should be allowed to "make a final decision", who are you, Lori, to question that final decision?  If John McArthur is supposed to have authority as a senior pastor, if Christians are supposed to submit to the decisions of senior pastors, and if women are supposed to be more easily deceived than men, then why are you placing yourself above John McArthur, the senior pastor, and a man, and calling his understanding wrong? 

Sorry, everyone, for this long ramble..... obviously, I think McArthur, like any other person, is fallible.  I think Lori has a very narrow view of submission, and I think Ken is rambling.  Nothing new. 

So what Jesus said is not important. Good to know. That's why she calls her belief Christian despite being a different belief than I was raised in and the people I have yet met.

Lori, just call it something else. I suggest Lorism, so everyone knows what they get . Also there isn't this big misunderstanding that you wanted to teach about Christ. And no-one can argue with you that your texts aren't true for Lorists. You can make Ken the main god and yourself the all knowing prophet.

Don't call it Peter-and-Paulism as those two may raise from their graves and give you a lecture that will make your head spin. I am also sure the other authors would mind being associated with your religion.

I truly cannot fathom how one can call oneself a Christian and not believe Christ's words are relevant. 

We are to interpret scripture as a WHOLE, not pick and choose a verse here and there, so we are to take Paul's words in light of Christ's teachings, and apply them this way.  

Christian means like Christ, or at least that is what I was  taught.  Best way to be like Christ is to do the things He commanded, live the way He lived, treat others the way He treated them. 

I feel pity for Lori, that she doesn't seem to have experienced the love of Christ that I have, that she doesn't have that love in her heart to give to others.  All she has is rules and legalism, and that is just sad.

Did you catch her "secondpair" hashtag? :roll:  I am telling you, she is trying to make her readers jealous of her ability to spend money right and left.  

She's no one to envy, though.  Look at this comment from Ken:

It takes years perhaps to get to this stage where a wife trusts God completely and in turn vulnerably submits her will to a loving husband’s, but when that target is achieved, as it is in my marriage, it is something fantastic. No more walking on eggshells around each other. No more thinking things and not able to say them for fear of upset and discord. No more barbs and digs at one another because issues cannot be resolved.

Ken thinks that those things are normal in marriage, which says something about the kind of people they are.  

The ONLY reason Lori stopped doing those things, is because Ken started moving towards the door.  If she hadn't feared losing his income, I think she would still be behaving the exact same way towards him.  Now she just directs it at her adult children, and her readers.

From her Instagram today:

We aren't to grumble or complain, no not even about the weather or politics but should be known for our joy & thankfulness.  

Right.  How often does Lori complain about "trolls"??  How often do we hear about her health?

We are also not to be in strife or arguing with others.  We aren't called to change other's opinions by being strong, forceful, or offensive but by being kind, loving, & peaceful but never failing to speak the truth in love.

Says the woman who spends her entire day arguing with people on the internet. 

As far as the thing with Jesus- Ken's already said that Jesus was wrong.  The Horse of TRUTH told him.

Ken actually said that Jesus was wrong??  Can I get a link or a quote on that?

Why call yourself a Christian at all then, Ken? 

7 minutes ago, Koala said:

We are also not to be in strife or arguing with others.  We aren't called to change other's opinions by being strong, forceful, or offensive but by being kind, loving, & peaceful but never failing to speak the truth in love.

Says the woman who spends her entire day arguing with people on the internet. 

So true!

And the woman who asks her readers to write positive reviews for her book -even if they haven't read it yet- to counter all the negative reviews,  but only has "how tragic" to say about a truly dreadful, life-altering situation (like the loss of a spouse, leaving little children behind), when she could call her readers to action by raising awareness of the need... whatever.  This lady loves strife and controlling others. 

Lori, you are a false prophet, heretic, and blasphemer. The words of Jesus matter.

If the words of Jesus in the bible don't matter, then someone ought to, right quick, let my pastor know...he's preaching through the Gospel of John right now...and i mean, what would he know anyway?!? He's only been a pastor for 40 years, he's only got a bachelor's, master's and PhD in theology...

55 minutes ago, slp said:

Ken actually said that Jesus was wrong??  Can I get a link or a quote on that?

Basically, yes.  

It happened in the comments of this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/01/if-only-submission-fit-into-nice.html

Some of Ken's comments have been deleted, but they forgot to delete the ones in which both Dave and Ken address the fact that Ken said Jesus was wrong.  Ken's comments were quoted here.

Ken Alexander:

Note that Jesus’ request was even wrong

Dave:

“Jesus’ request was even wrong.” Wow! What Book of the Bible is that in? Or is that new scripture? So where else is Jesus wrong in scripture. Should I throw my Bible away because He is wrong? 

Ken:

Wrong does not mean sinful

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Lori, you are a false prophet, heretic, and blasphemer. The words of Jesus matter.

More than anything Paul, or Matthew, or Peter, or any other Biblical writer, ever wrote. 

How Lori and Ken try to deny this is just blowing my mind to bits. :my_cry:

1 hour ago, Koala said:

We aren't called to change other's opinions by being strong, forceful, or offensive but by being kind, loving, & peaceful but never failing to speak the truth in love.

Says the woman who calls loud women prostitutes, who beats her own toddler for dropping "raisans" and who berates her infertile daughter publicly.

Yeah, okay. Sure.

Just now, Loveday said:

More than anything Paul, or Matthew, or Peter, or any other Biblical writer, ever wrote. 

How Lori and Ken try to deny this is just blowing my mind to bits. :my_cry:

I think the message of Jesus, and the message of Lori are two very different things.  That's why Lori finds the words attributed to Jesus so problematic.  

If she got weighed down with the message of Jesus, she'd be stuck with love, grace, and kindness- three things she's most definitely not interested in.  

Same reason she gets so frustrated talking about the Proverbs 31 woman.  She is NOTHING like Lori, so Lori has to come up with all kinds of wacky stories about her standing in her doorway, calling out to people in order to sell things.  Pure crazy talk, but Lori has got to find a way to justify sitting home on the internet all day.

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

Lori's skin makes her look like she's in her 70s or 80s. I am about her age and my skin looks nothing like that. 

I have a feeling Lori was one of those girls who covered herself with oil (people did that back then) and lay in the sun for hours. She really fried her skin.. It's a shame she didn't have a job to go as a teen, a job that would keep her indoors, because it looks to me like she spent hours broiling her skin in the sun.

Her skin is badly damaged. I think it's a combination of sun exposure and bad nutrition. Nothing's going to convince me she's getting enough protein OR fat and possibly not enough calories. And, for that matter, exercise. Her skin, her biggest organ, is reflecting her poor health.

21 minutes ago, Koala said:

I think the message of Jesus, and the message of Lori are two very different things.  That's why Lori finds the words attributed to Jesus so problematic.  

If she got weighed down with the message of Jesus, she'd be stuck with love, grace, and kindness- three things she's most definitely not interested in.  

Same reason she gets so frustrated talking about the Proverbs 31 woman.  She is NOTHING like Lori, so Lori has to come up with all kinds of wacky stories about her standing in her doorway, calling out to people in order to sell things.  Pure crazy talk, but Lori has got to find a way to justify sitting home on the internet all day.

I often find myself wishing we had one more button at the bottom of every post, in addition to the green and red arrows. One that said 'YES! THIS!' in screaming neon. 

Oops!

Male Reader: The Transformed wife....I am sorry but this is a field of study which you have no clue about.....I enjoy your teachings on the role of women and their authority but you should stick to those and stay away from other topics. The guy who wrote this article is a absolutely clueless....with all due respect.

The first reply is gone 

But there is this new one

Same Male Reader: Your whole premise of the woman's authority spoken of by Paul is through the Law....Paul says that wife are to submit to their husbands...."just as the law says".....you are contradicting your whole blog page. Paul didnt say "do this and do that" because I said so...he said, "because its written"

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

@RosyDaisy, well said. I agree completely. 

Based on her statements, Lori isn't a Christian in word or deed.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

If Proverbs 31 woman is calling out to passers-by, does that make her a loud woman as per Aunt Lori's definition?

Lori teaching a man:

male commenter (on facebook):

The ten commandments are part of the Law....so its okay to commit adultery, lie, steal and break Sabbath?

Lori:

We are commanded to not commit adultery, lie, and steal in Romans through Revelation but we aren't stoned to death if we break them as those who live under the Law are supposed to be. If you want to live under the Law, you must be willing to suffer the consequences. Christ died to free us from the Law and its condemnation. Jesus is now our Sabbath rest and we worship Him daily since He lives in and through us. Read and study Galatians. The entire letter is exhorting us to NOT live under the Law.

male commenter:

He freed us from the curse of the Law, but he didnt free us from attempting to be obedient to his righteous decrees..... as Romans says, "the law is holy, righteous and good". Paul also says that we are not justified by the law, but our faith in Messiah does not nullify the law and should cause us to establish it in our lives (Rom. 3:30-31). He also says that "ALL Scripture is profitable for doctrine, reproof and instruction in righteousness......" and Paul was not talking about the New Testament because it had not been disseminated, circulated and canonized at that time. Our instruction in righteousness is the Hebrew scriptures that was written at that time

Let's see what she replies. Maybe she'll send Ken over... but wouldn't that be exercising authority over Ken?  

As if we needed any more confirmation that either Lori or Ken is lurking on FJ, in EVERY comment on that "Law and Grace cannot coexist" post Lori has properly spelled "Revelation". :pb_lol:

*waves in believes Jesus over Paul* Hi Ken!!!

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Exactly.  I seriously doubt the Proverbs 31 woman sold things from her home. Think about it. That would mean merchants (who were most likely men) would be going in and out of her house while her husband wasn't home. Don't think so. Can you imagine the rumors?   She likely sold them at a town market, which would mean she left her home occasionally. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived