IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

I don't wanna be super snarky but this place is perfect for it. So here it is: Anna is pregnant too and she found shoes that fit. Jill has no excuses! Those flip flops need to be burned. They look awful in the aisle picture. If an 11 year old can wear wedges, Jill can wear cute beigy/brown sandals for 3 hours.

PS: The photographer is awful. You always make sure the bride is a foot step in front of everyone and they're all squished. The photo should have been taken from further back or with a different lens.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jinger has the high heels. Johanna has wedges. I see they decided again to let everyone pick out their own brown leather sandals.  I'd be more in favor if they weren't 10 different shades of brown. 

Heidi Query was one of the bridesmaids as well per this picture (top left), so if Carlin and Austin's sister Meagan were in it too it would make it 12 bridesmaids! Geez 

IMG_1230.PNG

19 minutes ago, Lurky said:

ETA with Hannie and Josie being Jinger's bridesmaids, and Hannie & Jenni Joy's, I wonder if Jordyn feels left out?

Jordyn got to be a flower girl all by herself for Jessa though

Hannie is swearing wedges, which is still kind of much for an 11 year old. 

@OyToTheVey, I totally agree with you. If Anna could do it, Jill could, too. 

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

OMG and if they really wanna get down- hand sanitizer. :brainbleach::laughing-rollingred::puke-front: Wait wait- PURE-ell! :laughing-rollingred:

Gives a more literal meaning to "no glove, no love." :GPn0zNK:

10 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Jordyn got to be a flower girl all by herself for Jessa though

Nah, Ben's youngest sister was another flower girl.

Hannie is in low wedges it seems. Not too abnormal for 11-12 years old. I (a twenty-something year old with extremely small feet) have frequently bought spring-y wedges/sandals/flats in the kids section. i'm a 2-3 in girls sizes, and I remember having classmates with that sized feet in 4th or 5th grade

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:
Not sure where this came from..

It looks goofy to have just the one long bridesmaid dress.   The lace looks like it was almost a shawl that was slipping off.  
Poor Josie didn't get to wear a flashing crown!  

38 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

One thing I can almost guarantee is that the Duggars altered the timeline and the time remnants say that Kendra and Joe were already engaged at the wedding because why else have her in the wedding party.

They were courting, and Joy probably knew that Joe was going to ask at some point, not to mention that Joy & Kendra were/are friends so she was a bridesmaid and they said join the sister pick because "courting" you'll be  a sister eventually. 

15 minutes ago, JMO said:

Jinger has the high heels. Johanna has wedges. I see they decided again to let everyone pick out their own brown leather sandals.  I'd be more in favor if they weren't 10 different shades of brown. 

Jana also has pretty tall heel/wedge sandals!

.....I'm nowhere near getting married, but i'm definitely planning on having a similar shade navy-blue as one of my colors, for bridesmaid dresses, and having everyone in a nude/tan dress sandal.....with the bridesmaids in knee-length dresses and the MOH in a long dress :my_tongue::my_tongue::my_tongue: guess joy-joy and i have similar taste in wedding party outfits....haha

7 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Nah, Ben's youngest sister was another flower girl.

Right I mean out of the littles, she got singled out as special. So I think it's okay for each subsequent bride to single out her little buddy as well

Was Jill Matron of Honor?  Is that why she is wearing a floor length dress with lace doilies on the sleeves? 

Jill was the MOH (according to Derrick, anyway) so it's understandable why her dress was a little different.  I probably wouldn't choose to have a different length dress from the bridesmaids in a wedding party but maybe it's what Joy wanted.  I'm with those who think we haven't seen all the bridesmaids yet.  

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

@VelociRapture The thing is, your version is probably too short (and too interesting!) for TLC.  And your teasers before the breaks FAR too interesting!

(I just had to tell my partner why I was cackling, and then read it to her too!)

I forgot to include the two flashbacks - the root beer float fiasco (Jill's wedding) and the lack of tent debacle (Jessa's wedding.)

Boom. Full episode plotted out for you TLC.

In the sister pic you can really see that Joy & Jessa have the same chin, face shape and mouth, but Joy's eyes are wider set than Jessa's. Her and Jill have the same smaller set smaller eyes. Jinger & Jessa have the same nose.  Hannie is going to look so much like Joy, she has the same eyes, forehead and I can see her face shape will be like her's & Jessa's.  Jana & Jinger seem to be the most unique looking in all the girls, and I think Joy has out paced Jessa as "the pretty one" she truly is a stunning young woman.  Jana really has this regal elegance about her, things I think look goofy on other people she just looks amazing in, she is one of those woman who just exudes class and poise.  

I don't want to say anything about Jenni, she's a little girl in that awkward tween stage. But you can tell she is getting ready to shoot up a bit and I think she will take after Hannie, who is starting to take after Joy, who takes after Jessa. She will be a very pretty young woman as well when she grows up.  

I found this on FB where Jenni & Jordy BOTH have smiles on their faces, it is so nice to see, since we see it so rarely. Jordyn is adorable. 

Spoiler

18740639_1051515564982092_2138222566332103097_n.thumb.png.63fbbb7b4e9fcf044e733104ebdb29e4.png

40 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I don't wanna be super snarky but this place is perfect for it. So here it is: Anna is pregnant too and she found shoes that fit. Jill has no excuses! Those flip flops need to be burned. They look awful in the aisle picture. If an 11 year old can wear wedges, Jill can wear cute beigy/brown sandals for 3 hours.

Anna was in Arkansas for any fittings and alterations there may have been. Jill was not. Jill continues to get a pass from me, especially because Joy was likely the one who picked her dress. 

(Jill was pregnant at Benessa's wedding and still wore the same dress as the others. So I honestly think she would have worn the same dress as the others this time too if she had been in the country more than a few days before the wedding. I actually think it was a smart decision to handle it this way, even if not everyone likes the way it looks.)

As for shoes, it's pretty much the only article of clothing I don't really snark on. My mom had bunions. She also had a torn ACL 30+ years ago and next to no cartilage left in her knee due to surgeries. She legitimately can't wear nice shoes for long because they're so uncomfortable and painful. She managed to wear nice shoes for my short wedding ceremony and a few family photos - then she switched to very comfortable black sneakers the rest of the night.

Jill may not have that specific issue, but it's very possible that her feet are simply at that point where pretty much everything feels uncomfortable.  She's used to flip flops and that style might be her default comfort shoe. Or maybe she had a different pair of shoes to use and her feet were too swollen the day of the wedding. Or Joy may have simply told them what color shoe and gave them the ok to pick their own styles.

Point being - uncomfortable shoes can be absolutely miserable to deal with and it can be really tough to hide that discomfort. Jill looks happy and comfortable. So I'm giving her a pass again.

So I'm giving her a pass again.

You're probably right. I let my irritation with Jill ratchet the snark up. Joy more than likely did pick out that dress for her.

What's weird for me about Jill is that I don't hate her like some do. I get irritated with her because I perceive her to be forcing herself into a lifestyle that doesn't work for her. Didn't she want to be a nurse at one point? I think she's got a brain in there and hides it, which is really sad.

Basically, Jill believes she is the Fundie Version of the Virgin Mary. Someone needs to photoshop this image for me. I don't possess these skills. Jill in the long blue dress with the Jesus sandals and heavy with child..... yup, Virgin Mary. 

I will say the Duggars do get a great deal of use out of their shoes.   Jessa has been sporting those flat sandals forever.  I'm surprised the mustard cardigan didn't make an appearance- maybe at the rehearsal dinner.  Beside restaurant meals and paper products, what do the Duggars actually spend money on?

14 minutes ago, divadivine said:

Basically, Jill believes she is the Fundie Version of the Virgin Mary. Someone needs to photoshop this image for me. I don't possess these skills. Jill in the long blue dress with the Jesus sandals and heavy with child..... yup, Virgin Mary. 

Jesus Jill & Joseph Its the trilogy or trinity, can't remember, they are the trifecta of Holiness. 

48 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Hide contents

18740639_1051515564982092_2138222566332103097_n.thumb.png.63fbbb7b4e9fcf044e733104ebdb29e4.png

Why are those dolls okay but Cabbage Patch dolls evil?

I really like the orange flowers, even though orange is not my favorite color. I can't see Joy's gown too well, but I think I like how it looks. The color of the bridesmaid dresses are pretty, but I don't like how casual they are!

On 5/30/2017 at 6:47 AM, SilverBeach said:

Completely different context. I do similar with my friends, but I know they are strong adult women. Not so with these fundy "girls", whom many never acknowledge are not real girls anymore. It is infantilizing and absolves them of responsibility for their choices and decisions. Since FJ highlights the dangers of fundamentalism, I don't think infantilizing is useful, thus my dislike of the "girls" in this context.

If calling them "girls" absolves them of responsibility, then calling them "women" implies that they are fully adults, which they are not.  It takes more than being 18 to be an adult, and having a baby doesn't make a person an adult either.  If it did, Lina Medina would have been an adult when she was just 5 years old.  (Lina is the world's youngest verified person to have given birth.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived