IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

If calling them "girls" absolves them of responsibility, then calling them "women" implies that they are fully adults, which they are not.  It takes more than being 18 to be an adult, and having a baby doesn't make a person an adult either.  If it did, Lina Medina would have been an adult when she was just 5 years old.  (Lina is the world's youngest verified person to have given birth.)

I didn't say anything about having a baby making anybody an adult. My DD is over 30 with no children and has been an adult for a long time, don't know where you are coming  from with this remark. It is your judgement that the Duggar women are not "fully"adult, but they are surely adults whether you like it or not. Calling them women means just that, that they are adults, whether fully formed or not. Using your logic, Jana will soon be a thirty year old girl. Nope. It infantalizes them to expect nothing as they age because they had shitty upbringings that they have no apparent problem with.

FJ opposes fundamentalism and everything the Duggars stand for. So to stand by and watch these women continue to pass along all their cult awfulness, while not expecting a damn thing because they are not "fully formed" adults is hypocritical. 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Jug Band Baby said:

They think that if the FundyGod didn't want more kids for them, infertility it would be!  Also if FundyGod wanted them to have babies while on birth control, isn't he mighty enough to make the method fail?  Even vasectomies and tubal ligations fail.  And embryos have implanted outside the uterus entirely.  Take 11 minutes and watch this: 

Hide contents

But a condom is too much for FundyGod to thwart?

That is the craziest, coolest, best, most intense thing I've ever watched. 

If God can keep the four of them alive he can break a condom! 

1 hour ago, Jug Band Baby said:

I think the problem with her dress is she had it be opaque, which made it look like there was a (bad) attempt at adding something to it instead of an intentional design.

<snipped image for space>

I really like the dress, but there are too may ATI eye traps for the Duggars.

22 hours ago, habert said:

Golly, Jill's weird "jokey" comment to austin about not knowing why Joy is crying is like...what on earth kind of dynamic do derick and jill have honestly?

I'm not sure what she meant by that. I figured that she was referring to when Joy is on her period?? I wonder if it was a comment that only her family would understand?

I don't know. Maybe Jill is the one who is crying and her husband doesn't know what's wrong.

On 5/30/2017 at 11:33 AM, Kelsey said:

Also, I love that when Jill starts talking over Jessa, Jessa looks at her like "bitch, I'm still talking."

I am fairly certain it didn't take Jessa long to train Ben to never talk over her.

My favorite wedding dress has been Jinger's. It is beautiful and elegant. I think Joy's dress may be my second favorite, but I need better photos! I think this gown fits her well and it's very pretty. My only complaint is the sleeve length. 

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Everything you said is just shocking to me. Why would anyone choose to do this? It's a huge pyramid scheme. It just sounds like there's no way of making money from it

I am absolutely horrified. My child's teacher started selling this. She's a sweet, single mom who teaches autistic children in NC. It doesn't get more glamorous... 

I bought a couple of pairs of the leggings but I did not love them. She's asked me several times to host a party. (I hate that kind of crap) Now I am filled with guilt. I guess I am going to be buying copious amounts of LLR leggings.

sighh.

1 hour ago, eye_browz said:

Maybe Jill is the one who is crying and her husband doesn't know what's wrong.

Yes, this. Hector the projector...

7 hours ago, eleanora3 said:
Not sure where this came from

So no Carlin in the bridal party...I know that the simple explanation is that she wanted to include family before friends, but let me imagine a Real Housewives-level fundie catfight/falling-out. But I can't decide if I'd be Team Joy or Team Carlin.

8 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

So no Carlin in the bridal party...I know that the simple explanation is that she wanted to include family before friends, but let me imagine a Real Housewives-level fundie catfight/falling-out. But I can't decide if I'd be Team Joy or Team Carlin.

again, quite possibly this is just a "family-only" wedding picture that's been publicly released. this picture only verifies that these women *were* in the bridal party, *not* that anyone in particular wasn't. 

9 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It's been suggested that this photo was a "sisters-only" photo. Particularly since Sierra isn't included but we are pretty sure she was a bridesmaid as she was also wearing a navy dress. I would be shocked if Carlin wasn't a bridesmaid.

I got the people magazine and that bridesmaids picture is from the article. It just says it's "the wedding party" (not some of the wedding party). I find it possible that Sierra and Carlin and others were bridesmaids, but didn't end up in the people spread for whatever reason. Who knows with these frequent liars by omission. 

I will say this photo of Joy and Austin in the table of contents is really cute. 

IMG_4871.JPG

Surprised Jim Bob and Michelle haven't been pictured in the background vainly trying to get some attention with some irritatingly over-the-top PDA

The wedding picture above looks like a prom couple. And the Instagram picture is like some teens on a date. 

Because she is so young. Ugh. 

Hey guys I lost my virginity at the same age as Joy! 

But I was unmarried and a sophomore in college....

i love that people mag photo! the sepia tone is a bit weird haha...but a good photo. they are just soooo young and it shows....

Austin just gives me an odd vibe. I don't dislike him, i think he and Joy genuinely love each other, and i think in candid little moments between each other they seem so far to act pretty natural....but whenever Austin directly answers a question, it's like he puts on a mask and seems totally unnatural and the lines about blessings and burdens and all that jazz are horrid...

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hey guys I lost my virginity at the same age as Joy! 

But I was unmarried and a sophomore in college....

I was 2 weeks shy of 20- and a college Jr.

Joy is beautiful!

I was also a college sophomore! 51 weeks into dating my bf. Which means Joy actually moved much  faster physically than I did (considering the courting/engagement time). NOT that I'm trying to "slut shame" anyone! Just that we were alone in college dorms NOT having sex, while the Duggars seem to think their children have no self control and will bone the minute they're alone. Which they actually do, since they're not alone until the wedding night! :COLERE:

Re: Jessa not knowing where they're going on their honeymoon ... I think it's more because Joy & Austin don't even know. They're probably loading up a truck or RV and going for it without a huge plan, which is why she said "They'd be travelling on their honeymoon for awhile."  They're probably mapping it out as they go ... let's hit the Grand Canyon and then go up to Colorado ... and I've always wanted to see Zion National Park in Utah and ... why don't we turn left here?"  Maybe they've decided to take two and half weeks and see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

Re: Jessa not knowing where they're going on their honeymoon ... I think it's more because Joy & Austin don't even know. They're probably loading up a truck or RV and going for it without a huge plan, which is why she said "They'd be travelling on their honeymoon for awhile."  They're probably mapping it out as they go ... let's hit the Grand Canyon and then go up to Colorado ... and I've always wanted to see Zion National Park in Utah and ... why don't we turn left here?"  Maybe they've decided to take two and half weeks and see how it goes.

I would love to do this, with money not being an issue, I would love to hop in an amazing RV and just drive. See a whole lot of everything. 

7 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

I kinda like that plan. My husband and I are planning a road trip across the US when our youngest goes to college. Sort of an empty nester thing. He's taking a month off of work and we are hitting the road. Some basic planning but mostly just check out the US and what looks interesting at the time. It also kinda revolves around food. I can't wait to eat some southern cooking.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived