IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/30/2017 at 5:06 PM, VelociRapture said:

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the original dress. I think Jill's alterations had promise, but either weren't done well or the fit wasn't right - she very well could have lost a bit of weight between the final fitting and the wedding day.

There is no earthly way to modify that kind of bust centered bodice to the way Jill wanted it and have it look normal.  It's one of the you can't get there from here things.  The only way to make it work would be to take the entire bodice apart and remake it and even it would be an obvious alteration.  I'm not a fan of the formed bustlines, but many brides like them.  But please Rufus do not try to alter those things.

24 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Is it me or does Joy's dress seem really similar to Jinger's? 

Yes, same neckline, similar lace style similar sleeves, but less lace. I really an't wait to see the whole thing, I love the lace I see, but it doesn't look like it fits well or it's just a bad angle. 

20 minutes ago, Dr. Fundie Stalker said:

I think Joy is wearing Jill's, Veil.

I said that the other day, they look similar and if it is, is a nice gesture to her sistermom. 

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

With #2 though I did rage eat grilled cheese and mashed potatoes at least twice a day, because fuck you honey I'm miserable. :pb_lol:

This reminds me of that episode of Parks and Rec where Ann is super pregnant and yelling at everyone because she can't have cheese and she just wants a garbage bag full of potatoes lol

From what I can see, the only similarities with Jinger and Joy's dresses are the sleeves and the neckline height. Jinger's dress is far nicer, because the use of lace and the way it's put together seems more coherent than Joy's. The sheer sleeves on Joy'sdress look tacked on, and don't make sense for a summer wedding. The neckline on Joy's dress could've stood to be lower, the material looks cheaper, and the fit doesn't seem that great.

So far Jessa and Jinger have the best dresses. I'm curious to see what Kendra's dress will be like, seeing as she's not a Duggar daughter. Will TLC buy her a nice dress, or will she get something more like what Anna had?

2 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

(re:  LLR)

Even though the leggings shred, people still go back to get more, and carry back-up clothing in case of shreds.  I don't get it.  $25 leggings should last and now need a person to really carry backup clothes.

that is utterly stupid.  $25-leggings absolutely should not fall apart so suddenly that one needs backup.  i just bought some leggings at walmart for $7, they replaced a pair that also came from walmart about 4 years ago.

12 minutes ago, catlady said:

that is utterly stupid.  $25-leggings absolutely should not fall apart so suddenly that one needs backup.  i just bought some leggings at walmart for $7, they replaced a pair that also came from walmart about 4 years ago.

I love my Walmart leggings which do not shred or fade. I bought some for $19.99 on a tv shopping channel, and they are substantial and high quality. Twenty-five dollars for crap? What's wrong with these women?

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I never understood why so many of them just don't get an already "modest" dress, like they exist!

One of my friends had one of those at her wedding - more modest than anything the Duggar girls have worn (high neckline, non-sheer sleeves) and was absolutely stunning!!

No honeymoon video releases from this couple yet?  TLC's employees got the holiday weekend? (The real reason the wedding was on Friday?) Did one of the husbands say no?

Oh man I forgot what Jill's dress looked like originally. She really butchered that thing.

The only alteration I had on my wedding dress (aside from the bodice) was padding around the bust. We itty bitty titty committee girls need help sometimes. :pb_lol: 

10 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Why couldn't Jill have worn some ballet slippers rather than flip flops?   You know that your feet are going to swell.    http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod46/dw/image/v2/AAPR_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-payless-catalog/default/dw35db6b3b/images/hi-res/158877_6_1400x1400.jpg?sw=556

Golly, Jill's weird "jokey" comment to austin about not knowing why Joy is crying is like...what on earth kind of dynamic do derick and jill have honestly?

Maybe I've just been reading in too much what glimpse we've had into the Dillard's lives this past year but I really get the sense the Derick doesn't give a shit about Jill and she is just his trophy to legitimize his white savior for jesus desires. I think she miserable but also whatever who knows

Wow the side eye from Jessa. I love it. She's matured a lot, I gotta say. I agree with someone else who said Jill is giving advice like a teenager. "you don't have to worry about meeting up" Who gives advice like that?

And why can't she use her grown up voice?????

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

No offense to all the other babies, but December babies are clearly the coolest babies. At least in this conversation. Lol!

I have a December baby, too. I think she's the coolest. 

Re: Joy crying - didn't one of the guys say in Jinger's wedding special that Joy was a crier so they expected her to turn on the waterworks first? (paraphrasing, of course)

54 minutes ago, habert said:

Maybe I've just been reading in too much what glimpse we've had into the Dillard's lives this past year but I really get the sense the Derick doesn't give a shit about Jill and she is just his trophy to legitimize his white savior for jesus desires. I think she miserable but also whatever who knows

There's also the possibility that he's run out of fucks to give about her emotional states. I dated a guy who was *constantly* volatile about every. damn. thing. to the point that I became emotionally exhausted trying to tend to his emotional needs. I'm not terribly proud of that fact, but he just wore me out with his immaturity and lack of resiliency. He just couldn't even begin to handle things like an adult. (This makes me sound heartless, but after awhile I couldn't muster up compassion for his freak outs about HBO-Go being down or his endless fights with his mother.) When we finally broke up after a big fight, I honestly felt nothing. That's how drained I was from tending to him constantly. 

I think De-wreck signed on to a no-escape-clause relationship with an emotional vampire. We've seen how needy and clingy Jill is, and I can't imagine that being in the Scariest Place Evah with a Big White Baby helped matters in that regard. It's possible he loves her, and wants to give a shit about her feelings, but after the twentieth crying jag he's just burned out. 

3 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

From what I can see, the only similarities with Jinger and Joy's dresses are the sleeves and the neckline height. Jinger's dress is far nicer, because the use of lace and the way it's put together seems more coherent than Joy's. The sheer sleeves on Joy'sdress look tacked on, and don't make sense for a summer wedding. The neckline on Joy's dress could've stood to be lower, the material looks cheaper, and the fit doesn't seem that great.

So far Jessa and Jinger have the best dresses. I'm curious to see what Kendra's dress will be like, seeing as she's not a Duggar daughter. Will TLC buy her a nice dress, or will she get something more like what Anna had?

I actually like Joy's sleeves but in comparison to Jinger's dress I think Joy's dress may have a higher waistline and is more loose fitting around the top half, or just a looser fitting sheer top layer of  the dress (split in the front), which I would like. I do think it looks distinct enough from Jinger's, though.

I like the lacey look on Joy, too. A different dress might have  made her look even younger than she already is! I cannot say it enough: you can marry early if you wish to of course but why teen marriage? just...why?!

3 hours ago, Dr. Fundie Stalker said:

I think Joy is wearing Jill's, Veil.

I noticed in the pictures of Jill in her wedding dress earlier that she had two veils.  A lace veil that was longer,  scooped and framed her face moreso, (sat higher on her head) and another veil that sat more at the back of her head,  was shorter and tulle.  In the three pictures posted of her and her wedding dress, one was with just the tulle veil, then another with both veils and then the other with just the lace veil.   

It was mentioned earlier about them not telling the honeymoon location....I didn't tell ANYONE where we were going our first night.  It was in my hometown....minutes away from all my family....no way I was going to let them know that.  And *I* didn't know where we were going after that!  Dh kept that a secret. :)

2 hours ago, habert said:

<snip>

what on earth kind of dynamic do derick and jill have honestly?

Liking this fails to demonstrate how much I agree with you! Ugh, I have absolutely no sympathy for her. She wanted to marry a missionary she'd never even met in person and move to SCA away from the only place and people she'd ever known. If she's miserable it's because she made poor choices and isn't adult enough to understand that she *could* change things if she wanted to.

And all of what ViolaSebastian said too, 100%. Those two deserve each other, I just feel bad for the eleventy kids they will inevitably FUBAR. :fubar:

(I know this thread is supposed to be about Joy-stin but Jill is her mom after all so I feel like it's ok to drift off and rip on Jill a bit.)

1 minute ago, Chewing Gum said:

So what do we think/guess about Joy's social media activities? Currently non-existent ofcourse. I searched instagram and found this lovely account: https://www.instagram.com/babyforsythupdates/

:my_rolleyes:  

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen! That is SO CREEPY! 

Can you imagine being a 19 year old who got married 4 days ago and people are already obsessing over your uterus? 

Poor Joy! that is insane! What kind of people make these accounts?

I'm currently in the misery/rage eating stage of pregnancy (I think Jill is a few weeks behind me, this baby should show up any day now). A couple of days ago I asked my headship to get me some bread and butter to eat, and he decided to get me crackers with some fancy local honey on instead, as a nice surprise (I love honey. I love crackers. This is an entirely reasonable surprise.). I wept for 20 sad, sad minutes about the 'wrong' food whilst stuffing my face :pb_lol:

Nb the end of pregnancy comes with some serious mobility issues for me; it's not the case that I just sit around demanding the headship make me food because: pregnant! 

9 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

I know a few sellers, and I asked them their set-up costs.  $5500 for 1, and over $6k for the others.  

Even though the leggings shred, people still go back to get more, and carry back-up clothing in case of shreds.  I don't get it.  $25 leggings should last and now need a person to really carry backup clothes.

Holy shit! It costs $6k to start selling leggings?!?!? Wow that is a giant pyramid scheme. 

For $25 I can get 2 pairs of normal leggings at any outlet that won't shred. I still don't understand why people want to wear large flowers or ugly cosmic print on their asses but that's a different story.  

To break even you'd have to sell 240 pairs of leggings. That's crazy imo  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived