IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

43 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

For $25 I can get 2 pairs of normal leggings at any outlet that won't shred. I still don't understand why people want to wear large flowers or ugly cosmic print on their asses but that's a different story.  

To break even you'd have to sell 240 pairs of leggings. That's crazy imo 

The worst thing is that because a lot of people end up sucked in, then realise they just can't afford to keep doing it, so end up desperately off-loading their stock for whatever price they can, there are always lots of lularoe stuff turning up on ebay at much lower prices.  So if people ever want to try it, that's the way to do it.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, habert said:

Golly, Jill's weird "jokey" comment to austin about not knowing why Joy is crying is like...what on earth kind of dynamic do derick and jill have honestly?

Maybe I've just been reading in too much what glimpse we've had into the Dillard's lives this past year but I really get the sense the Derick doesn't give a shit about Jill and she is just his trophy to legitimize his white savior for jesus desires. I think she miserable but also whatever who knows

I think he seemed really into her in Nepal (as much as you can be when you can't talk to her alone without her Dad/camera crews around), but now he doesn't seem to really like/enjoy being around her all that much. In the 'normal world', they'd probably have dated for a while, grew apart, broken up. 

I'm thinking that once the honeymoon stage was over, he realised he wasn't as into her as he thought and the two of them realised they had different ideas on life. They probably discovered annoying habits the other has that they couldn't stand.  Jill realised she liked the idea of being a missionary but hates the reality but is not trapped with her missionary husband. But because of how quick they are forced to move in fundie circles, they were already married and pregnant by the time they realised all this. 

4 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen! That is SO CREEPY! 

Can you imagine being a 19 year old who got married 4 days ago and people are already obsessing over your uterus? 

Poor Joy! that is insane! What kind of people make these accounts?

They've been obsessing since before they were married. I saw that account earlier this month. Creepy doesn't even begin to cover that shit.

On 5/29/2017 at 5:53 AM, Lurky said:

I  really like the fact the bridesmaids dresses are genuinely re-usable, rather than re-usable-at-a-party-maybe.  With so many Duggar weddings going to happen from now until forever, it would be insane to have to keep all the bridesmaids dresses they'd need, especially because I imagine there'll be pressure for the Duggar males to have their sisters as bridesmaids, to try to keep People/TLC interested.  So there'll be 3 Duggar weddings from November til (most likely) September just this year.

I only get here to read sporadically, these days, so want to ask where photos of the wedding, especially of Joy, can be found, please.

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, nst said:

so consider Joy completely koolaided 

she wants kids right away 

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-talk-kids/

I wonder why Jinger was able to escape the koolaide to a degree but Joy's interview is just so sad. 

and no she didn't even get a sidebar - doesn't surprise me 

Joy married someone within the cult. Jinger married someone outside the cult. That's the difference.

Jeremy is a different type of Fundamentalist, so he may not buy into all the things the Duggars believe (just enough to get approved.) 

27 minutes ago, Lizzybet said:

I only get here to read sporadically, these days, so want to ask where photos of the wedding, especially of Joy, can be found, please.

Thanks!

Here are a few:

Spoiler

IMG_7360.JPG.8103dce855a2a21aaba4bb58900b19b8.JPG

IMG_7361.JPG.1f09d58c37238ad143c03c362741b28c.JPG

IMG_7362.PNG.17416eaf65b0a5f5d7ceaab425ad6fb2.PNG

They've managed to keep everything pretty quiet this time around. I don't think we'll see many more photos until an article in a magazine pops up. 

ETA: Jill's dress is a different style from PinkBlush (maternity line.) The white lace is part of the dress, not something added. Smart choice to just get her a maternity dress to avoid having to do a last minute super rushed alterations job.  

21 minutes ago, nst said:

and no she didn't even get a sidebar - doesn't surprise me 

A sidebar like on the magazine? Didn't Jessa get like 4 covers lol. 

Also that lady said they are going to build a house after their honeymoon. I wonder where they are gonna live until then. 

Just now, VeganCupcake said:

A sidebar like on the magazine? Didn't Jessa get like 4 covers lol. 

don't make me dig out her covers :D 

she had like 3 covers and 4 sidebars - - correct me if I am wrong. 

39 minutes ago, Lizzybet said:

Thanks!

Here's the newest pic from People

646941.jpg

42 minutes ago, nst said:

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-talk-kids/

I wonder why Jinger was able to escape the koolaide to a degree but Joy's interview is just so sad. 

Jeremy said exactly the same thing as Joy, that they would see what the lord does.  I didn't see where she wants kids right away but they won't be preventing so it may be right away.

So after that most recent pic of Joys dress, I have to say I don't like how the sleeves are. I feel like lace/sheer sleeves like that style either need to go a solid three-quarters or be cut above the elbow. That awkward length there makes it hard to bend the arm and it also makes the top part wrinkle poorly (like shown). I like the *idea* of the sheer/lace sleeves but that length she has there is awkward. JMPO.

13 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Is it me or does Joy's dress seem really similar to Jinger's? 

Well didn't Joy go to the same bridal store er designer as Jinger? I'm not sure how many dress "designs" Ms. Renee can pass of as her own. She might be a tad limited. 

In all seriousness, I hope Joy liked her dress! 

Why is Joy's dress weird?  Per that video, it was made from about 4 separate dresses - she bought 2 and had the designer cut the skirt off one, and the top off another, sew them together, add sleeves to make them "modest", and also added bits of her grandmother's dress, which Michelle also bought,  as well as bits of Austin's mother's wedding dress.  Which just seems weird to me - why not as the designer to make her a new dress incorporating all the design element and bits of family dresses she wants?? 

(Well, of course if it's the same "designer" as Jinger used, it's because she doesn't actually design and make the dresses, but buys them from IIRC China and maybe customises them, or so the story went after Jinger's wedding)

ETA So with Joy and Austin building their own home ("in the area between both their parents' homes") it feels like Jinger and Joy would be the most interesting Duggar-ettes for spin-offs....  maybe I say that because I love Grand Designs....

Watching the video, it says that she took the top half of one dress and added it to the bottom half of another dress.  Then they added sleeves and part of Michelle's dress and Mrs. Forsythe's dress.  

it seems that Joy already have a twitter account, i saw previously on Twitter a Official Joy-Anna Forsyth acount 

Got busy with work, came back to like 200 notifications and about 200 pages worth of wailing and gnashing of teeth from the FJ fashion police (who I'm sure are always so perfectly poised, coifed and dressed they would put Kate Middleton to shame). Someone just wake me up when the flip-flops/dress/other dress/earrings/hair/smile/eyebrows/t-shirt/bare feet/necklace/face BEC circlejerking is over.

This is why I hate Duggar weddings.

Nice to see the 'omg Jinger seems so free now, so nice that Jeremy lets her do X' train is still rolling, though. That's so great.

(On a serious note, if you tagged or quoted me and I haven't responded, I'm really sorry! Not purposely ignoring you, I promise, just swamped with the deluge of notifications that only a Duggar wedding and simultaneous engagement could produce. And I'm busy all week, so I have no time to catch up. Someone PM me if Jana suddenly moves to Amsterdam, or Sarah Maxwell gets married or something.)

2 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Here's the newest pic from People

That's a really lovely photo of the two. They seem very comfortable in this wedding photo in a way some other Fundie couples don't.  They almost look like a normal couple - they just look really relaxed and at ease being in close contact.

The silhouette of Joy's dress is much clearer here too. It looks much better fitting from this angle. I think it suits her really well.   

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

More info!

Ten bucks says Sierra made the cupcakes.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Ten bucks says Sierra made the cupcakes

Per that video, "a friend" made the 1,000 cupcakes the night before, which pretty much has to be Sierra, right?  Cue an episode showing her making the Lost Girls do the work... 

The paper airplanes thing is adorable and I love it. No BEC there. :pb_lol:

18 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Per that video, "a friend" made the 1,000 cupcakes the night before, which pretty much has to be Sierra, right?  Cue an episode showing her making the Lost Girls do the work... 

You could not pay me $1002.00 to eat one of those cupcakes!

Six tier wedding cake, 1,000 cupcakes (sounds like a last minute Duggar request) and a custom dress in less than 3 months. I can't imagine that cost for all three in the short amount of time in my real world. However, it is the Duggar's that is what I gleaned from the unenthusiastic run down of the video.

Looks like the first People picture just wasn't a good one. Joy's hair and dress look much more flattering in the new picture and she and Austin look comfortable together. Very cute.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived