IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

I was sitting at home on my birth ball, rage eating Arby's and crying when I was that far along. (So hormonal. So emotional.)

Oh, my gosh! I genuinely laughed out loud reading this. I can just picture it and, even though I've never been pregnant, Arby's is my go-to rage food (which I can't eat anymore because of medically-mandated vegetarianism. Long story). Nothing like it for soothing the pain. Solidarity, sister.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I heard correctly, Jessa said on the video that she doesn't know where Joy and Austin are going on their honeymoon. I wonder if she was just hiding the location or if she genuinely didn't know but that seems kinda weird to me 

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

The longer I look at Joy's dress the more I wonder if there is something like an almost Empire/Regency waistline going on. There is no real waistline in sight where I would have expected it, so wether it is just the angle or it sits a bit higher. Or the dress is just a bit to wide. 

It is not as stunning as Jinger's (my absolute biased opinion), but it looks like something a lot of people buy now. Lace and longer arms are the style for a "classic" wedding dress right now. Strapless seems to be out. The other big groups are "boho hipster" and "vintage".

What I can see of Joy's dress I think it looks a LOT like Jingers, with a little less lace.  It has the same neckline, the same type of "strap" and illusion sleeve (w/ less lace on it), even the lace looks similar they are different but similar patterns.  It makes sense since they had the same riper offer of other peoples wedding dresses, designer that they would be similar since she probably only has a handful of dresses she makes copies.  

2 hours ago, mlsgregg said:

Jessa's side-eye is everything. Love it.

Jessa:    "STFU already Jill." 

52 minutes ago, Henk12 said:

I can't snark on Jill's outfit. She's super pregnant. It was probably the best they could do, especially with her coming home at the last minute. And as far as her shoes go, I wore flats to my own wedding because I was 6 months pregnant and I just wanted to be comfortable and I was afraid of tripping and falling if I wore heels. I doubt Jill has much practice in heels and sandals were probably cooler. I am actually giving her props just for showing up. I was sitting at home on my birth ball, rage eating Arby's and crying when I was that far along. (So hormonal. So emotional.)

I was HUGE, as in Stay Puff marshmallow man in Ghostbusters (1 or 2 can't remember) HUGE, with my 1st baby, I had ONE pair of shoes that I wore that looked like an elephant had been wearing them they were practically round and I wore a size 9 1/2 shoe at that time. I also had 3 outfits that fit me an just barely, I was going to go shopping the day after thanksgiving because I still had a month to go when I'd outgrown pretty much all my maternity clothes, but thankfully he was born at 36 weeks so I never had to go to the rage eating Arby's stage with him.  So I will also give her a pass, when that pregnant you NEVER comment on a woman's outfit or shoes.  

With #2 though I did rage eat grilled cheese and mashed potatoes at least twice a day, because fuck you honey I'm miserable. :pb_lol:

37 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

If I heard correctly, Jessa said on the video that she doesn't know where Joy and Austin are going on their honeymoon. I wonder if she was just hiding the location or if she genuinely didn't know but that seems kinda weird to me 

The Duggar couples have kept their honeymoon locations secret, starting with Josh who knew that his siblings would be out for revenge disguised as a prank. Nowadays I think it's more about People/TLC exclusives.

5 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I agree that JD has the good guy vibe, but also wonder how much of it is driven by their PR people.  Could it be that, after the Josh debacles, they felt they needed to portray him as responsible older brother and role model?  I still remember the car trashing at weddings and the photo of him with the Hartono guy holding up their rifles.  Who's the real JD?

I believe that JD is making a good living, and Joseph is also.  They've both always come across as handy and hard-working.  And I doubt Joe would have been able to propose unless he demonstrated that he could support Kendra.  I'm less sure with the younger brothers, but think - between the auto business(es), Duggar Aviation, and real estate work - that there are enough things to do to go around.  The Duggars just may have decided to keep most of what they do private.

The real JD is a gun-lovin' redneck prankster who is also a decent, reasonably intelligent person. It is possible to be both.

43 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I still think they are headed out west--glamping!

I was surprised how in the Marital advice video, how natural and genuine Jana, Jinger and Jessa sounded compared to Jill. Jill kept interrupting and you could tell they cut the video to shorten her rambling. Also when ever she talked her sisters seemed just as annoyed with her as we can get. Maybe they think she is just as ridiculous as we do, that is an interesting thought. 

1 hour ago, Henk12 said:

That right there is why my headship is getting the old snip snip this summer! Wasn't your daughter born in late December? Mine was too (same birthday as Jinger!) I hope your daughter is doing well! 

Early December! Little stinker refused to wait for January. :pb_lol:

Thank you! She's doing really well. Close to the 19 pound mark which is completely ridiculous.

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

My daughter is a december baby too! (15th)

No offense to all the other babies, but December babies are clearly the coolest babies. At least in this conversation. Lol!

On 5/28/2017 at 9:02 PM, The limit does not exist said:

I know why people do "unplugged," especially since all the wedding advice sites pitch that people stand in aisles and ruin pictures, but that hasn't been my actual experience at any wedding.

I go to a lot of weddings.  I've got a couple weddings in the same day an hour apart to go to in July.  3 hours apart start time.  I can't count how many I've been to.  And I've never, ever, ever seen someone stand in the aisle to get pictures.  I think that wedding sites and magazines tell brides this is what happens if they don't have "unplugged" weddings because it boosts business for the photogs they hire.  Since photogs get to keep the rights to the pictures they were paid to take in the first place, and those sites and magazines exist to push the wedding industrial complex, they're of course going to say whatever it takes to get brides to spend more money.  If a bride's favorite photo with her new spouse ends up being a candid a guest took, she might pass on a photo the photog took, which means that the photog's not going to get that sale.

I very much disagree with photogs keeping the rights.  If I pay someone to take the pictures for me, they shouldn't get to keep the pictures away from me unless I give them more money for personal copies of what I paid to be made for me in the first place. 

14 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Early December! Little stinker refused to wait for January. :pb_lol:

Thank you! She's doing really well. Close to the 19 pound mark which is completely ridiculous.

No offense to all the other babies, but December babies are clearly the coolest babies. At least in this conversation. Lol!

That's awesome! Way to go, Velocibaby!

As a fellow December baby I agree that we are the coolest. :my_biggrin:

6 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

HOW girly or HOW tomboy is she?

...it's a relative value of tomboy as seen through their very narrow prism. In this context it certainly looked from the tiny sliver we saw, like 'tomboy' was a euphemistic beard for 'this one displays some chronically unfeminine* behaviours that we're keeping a very close eye on if it gets any worse'.

*Where their definition of feminine appears to be quiet as possible, still as possible, and ideally pretty much surgically attached to a baby doll from pretty much gripping age, up until you can graduate to real ones, while looking clean, shiny and as attractive as possible while of course never attracting a glance etc...

These people really get in my craw. Do you think somewhere in there teenage Michelle ever screams at current Meechelle that she'd like to bitchslap her so hard?

14 hours ago, Lurky said:

@HurricaneBells As other people have said, Lularoe is a pyramid/multi-level marketing scheme, which you need something like $5k to set up, the original leggings they're set up around develop holes, and they basically are a way to bleed money.

More:

https://consumerist.com/2017/03/02/4-things-to-know-about-lularoe-sales-reps-problems-with-the-company/

http://uk.businessinsider.com/lularoe-admits-leggings-are-tearing-holes-2017-3

I know a few sellers, and I asked them their set-up costs.  $5500 for 1, and over $6k for the others.  

Even though the leggings shred, people still go back to get more, and carry back-up clothing in case of shreds.  I don't get it.  $25 leggings should last and now need a person to really carry backup clothes.

4 hours ago, mpheels said:

That could just be from differences in sizing, especially if Jessa's post-pregnancy bust is larger than her sisters. As the owner of a pair of larger breasts, they tend to pull neck lines down, especially with stretchy/jersey fabric.

Tell me about it! (Spot the FJer whose ample frontage recently changed polarity).

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

Re Joy as tomboy - in that marital advice video, Jnger talks about her tomboying, and in that ridiculous "survival weekend", she was the only one sleeping outside (when she was "nearly eaten by a bear"...)

I'm guessing there's an element of that whole young love thing - you know: 'yeah, I've slept outside and pitched a tent, but never experienced the tingly-wonderful/enhanced colours/overwhelming romance of *camping* the way HE does it...

Do you think somewhere in there teenage Michelle ever screams at current Meechelle that she'd like to bitchslap her so hard?

I believe it. Back when I watched the show, there were times when she looked ready to boil over or bolt or scream or something, but had to "keep sweet." I'm also of the opinion that JB did what an ex of mine did, which is prey on insecurities and push buttons. M has her faults, but I believe he's the controlling one in that relationship.

@Jug Band BabyIt depends on the photographer.

The one my sister booked made them and their guests purchase any photos they wanted. Not sure on the details - they may have given my sister a limit of free images or something. But after a certain time period, they removed the gallery from their website and you couldn't access them anymore.

My wedding photographer operated differently. They offered multiple packages. We selected the least expensive one and opted for the nice Italian leather bridal album over an engagement shoot. We had full access to our online gallery and could download any photos we wanted for free - I printed our favorites at Walgreens for cheap. We could give anyone the gallery name and password as well, so they could have done the same. The album had room for 50 photos and those images were loaded onto a jump drive so we have those digital copies as well. After about six months the gallery was taken down from their website, but that was more than enough time to download what we wanted to keep.

It worked out well for us that way. I wouldn't have known what to do with 500+ full resolution photos. I can understand other couples feeling otherwise though and I'd encourage those people to look for photographers who are happy to accommodate that request. The photos will be around a long time and you should be happy with what you have.

1 hour ago, Jessalyn said:

I was surprised how in the Marital advice video, how natural and genuine Jana, Jinger and Jessa sounded compared to Jill. Jill kept interrupting and you could tell they cut the video to shorten her rambling. Also when ever she talked her sisters seemed just as annoyed with her as we can get. Maybe they think she is just as ridiculous as we do, that is an interesting thought. 

is it me or does she ramble now more than ever before....because she knows it all better.. what with her being a midwife and delivering izzy by herself and whatnot. 

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

She is hiding the location.  Jessa is great at keeping secrets and keeping a straight face.

Thank you VineHeart137 & Thank you VelociRapture for taking the time to post the Duggar dresses! I see why I thought Jill's was mermaid, hers is the only one that doesn't flare out from the waistline. Maybe she should have gone for something else but TBH I probably would have hated anything she picked. I've never once seen a Jill outfit and gone "Wow I would wear that"

*Eats crackers and glares at Jill's smug face*

20 minutes ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

Thank you VineHeart137 & Thank you VelociRapture for taking the time to post the Duggar dresses! I see why I thought Jill's was mermaid, hers is the only one that doesn't flare out from the waistline. Maybe she should have gone for something else but TBH I probably would have hated anything she picked. I've never once seen a Jill outfit and gone "Wow I would wear that"

*Eats crackers and glares at Jill's smug face*

That last line was great. Lol!

Heres information on Jill's wedding dress:

http://starcasm.net/archives/278019

IMG_7332.JPG.8ef814ef18cc420d35c1c1948ef1f4f8.JPG

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the original dress. I think Jill's alterations had promise, but either weren't done well or the fit wasn't right - she very well could have lost a bit of weight between the final fitting and the wedding day.

I never understood why so many of them just don't get an already "modest" dress, like they exist!

That's what it originally looked like? Damn, it's like a giant bird pooped lace all over it. And you're right, it fits wrong in the worst places.  I guess that's what happens when you're the first sister mom to get married and you have no one with decent style to go off of. I'd feel bad, but it's Jill.. :dance:

I had no trouble finding modest wedding dresses. My problem was size and color (I wanted palemint green) I finally gave up and found my dress online. The only alterations needed was hemming and adding a sash.

12 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I never understood why so many of them just don't get an already "modest" dress, like they exist!

Jessa did. And wasn't Jinger's a custom design? I think for many fundie women, already modest gowns are still lacking somehow (they show collarbones and/or upper back, sleeves are sheer, sleeves not long enough, etc.). I notice many of the truly beautiful gowns that would fit into their narrow specifications are only available at Mormon or Catholic bridal shops, which they'd have a problem with. Plus, said shops are often far away and fundies can't afford or are too lazy to travel there. Then there's the persecution complex (but EVERYTHING'S soooo worldy, the heathens just don't bother to cater to us). I bet many fundies never try to prove themselves wrong.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived