IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

I should have said wedges not heels. :-/ I am just surprised by how high the wedges are for her. But like others have said, she's probably being forced to grow up now that the older girls are married off. 

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jessa is the only one that ever pays attention to Jordyn.

I should hope. She is her mom.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

There is no earthly way to modify that kind of bust centered bodice to they way Jill wanted it and have it look normal.  It's one of the you can't get there from here things.  The only way to make it work would be to take the entire bodice apart and remake it and even it would be an obvious alteration.  I'm not a fan of the formed bustlines, but many brides like them.  But please Rufus do not try to alter those things.

It could have been done.  A non-opaque overlay with sleeves could have worked nicely.  This dress has an opaque part with a neckline like that, and then netting with lace.  If Jill had made an overlay like that, and tacked it to the bodice at the top sash seam, it would have been pretty.

I think the problem with her dress is she had it be opaque, which made it look like there was a (bad) attempt at adding something to it instead of an intentional design.

12.jpg

3 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Maybe that explains why Izzy and Baby #2 are so far apart. 

And the gagging. ;)

One of the many things I don't understand about the Duggars is the fact that their entire social life is based around wedding, engagements etc yet none of the men have a properly fitted suit or dress shoes.  The women don't wear anything except sandals I would wear to the office.

Who thought the boys not in the bridal party with suspenders and worn down and dirty shoes was a good look for Jingers wedding?  The looked like they were trying out for Jimmy Olsens job on the Daily Planet.  The rest of Jingers wedding was elegant and they looked like Newsies.

The women could invest in a pair of gold or silver sandals to get them throught the next round of weddings.

The boys and JB should get a dark grey or navy suit that fits for the same reason.

3 minutes ago, Jug Band Baby said:

It could have been done.  A non-opaque overlay with sleeves could have worked nicely.

You'd still have those stiff breast forms showing up and it would have been obvious plus with everything else that dress had going on I don't think it would have looked very good.  Plain material against the lace would have stood out as different and they did put lace panels on it and we could all tell. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They were courting, and Joy probably knew that Joe was going to ask at some point, not to mention that Joy & Kendra were/are friends so she was a bridesmaid and they said join the sister pick because "courting" you'll be  a sister eventually. 

Also, she's deliberately at the end of the row, so she can be cropped out of the photo if she runs away with Joe's heart pieces.

18 hours ago, habert said:

Maybe I've just been reading in too much what glimpse we've had into the Dillard's lives this past year but I really get the sense the Derick doesn't give a shit about Jill and she is just his trophy to legitimize his white savior for jesus desires. I think she miserable but also whatever who knows

I think she thought life with him would be going to shows and stuff.  Didn't people here also think that he would open up more of the world to her?  And he had a job where she could stay close to home with all the amenities she was used to.  And now she lives in what is a shack compared to what she's used to, far from home, where she doesn't have a clothes drier or anything, and it's dusty dusty dusty and hot.  This is so different from where it looked like they were going to end up back when they got married.  I think Derick's happy down there since he gets to play White Savior saving a bunch of people who are already mostly Christian from being...not...Christian?  But if Derick says this is where "god" wants him, what can Jill do?

Isn't it funny how often "god" wants the same thing for a family that the head-penis wants?

17 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I think De-wreck signed on to a no-escape-clause relationship with an emotional vampire. We've seen how needy and clingy Jill is, and I can't imagine that being in the Scariest Place Evah with a Big White Baby helped matters in that regard. It's possible he loves her, and wants to give a shit about her feelings, but after the twentieth crying jag he's just burned out. 

I'm gonna armchair analyze.  I don't think he got to know her well enough to know how clingy she is that she'd show up everyday to his work for lunch, and I don't think she got to know him well enough to know he would want to go live the life they are somewhere far from home.  I think they are a good example of why the fundy model of courtship that prevents people from getting to know much more about each other than how often they pray is so bad.  She'll be a failure if they split, and he'd lose the media attention.  They'd both be damaged goods on the marriage market in their community (religious community, it's not like they're part of their actual physical communities more than teaching people to make piñatas for Jesus).

I really don't think either of them got what they think they were getting.  These are things a lot of other couples get to figure out before deciding on getting married and having kids.

27 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jesus Jill & Joseph Its the trilogy or trinity, can't remember, they are the trifecta of Holiness. 

The Holy Duggar Family Trinity- Jesus, Jill & Joseph. 

13 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Holy shit! It costs $6k to start selling leggings?!?!? Wow that is a giant pyramid scheme. 

For $25 I can get 2 pairs of normal leggings at any outlet that won't shred. I still don't understand why people want to wear large flowers or ugly cosmic print on their asses but that's a different story.  

To break even you'd have to sell 240 pairs of leggings. That's crazy imo  

The stuff you buy right from LLR is between $5,000 and $5,500.  You get about 350 pieces, and you don't get to choose.  You get what they send.  A lot of reps try to offload the unpopular stuff on Facebook for a few bucks.  Some reps have report getting only unpopular stuff, and losing their investments.  I think the actual start-up cost depends on what they decide to send.  None of my LLR-rep friends got the same stuff.  But then you also have to buy clothes racks (the friend who got started at $5,500 bought a ton of those when Macy's closed here a while back, and already had them when she decided to do this), and business cards and hangers and a ton of other stuff they expect you to buy to set up a store-type area.

Yeah, to break even is 240 pairs of leggings.  More to see any profit.  You sell 240 pairs of leggings just to take all that money and do it again.  It looks like self-employment, but it's really a twisted form of employment.  I don't know about you, but I think an important part of self-employment and running a retail business is getting to choose exactly what you want to carry, or, if you want, to select a shipment of randoms.  There's not a choice with LLR.

I think Jill will deliver in the middle of June and Anna will deliver in July.  

I would have thought that boob shell would have invested in some shoes, like some silver ones, for all the girls so that they could have the same pair of shoes to wear for every wedding since they're going to constantly have weddings. 

ETA: It looks like Joy had 2 different colors for the bm dresses. Anna is in a lighter blue and jinger/jessa are in darker. At least to my eyes. 

13 hours ago, Lurky said:

The worst thing is that because a lot of people end up sucked in, then realise they just can't afford to keep doing it, so end up desperately off-loading their stock for whatever price they can, there are always lots of lularoe stuff turning up on ebay at much lower prices.  So if people ever want to try it, that's the way to do it.

Right.  It takes, on the short end, something like 7 months to get to a point where you've made back all of your initial investment and are buying new stuff using just profit.  Normal for huge retailers, problem for not-rich women.  And that's if a person's lucky and is in an area where all the inventory can be sold off every couple weeks and they have no duds.  I read a website that broke it down and did the math.  The profit margin isn't anywhere as high as LLR says.  They say you pay X amount and if you sell it all at retail Y, then Z is the profit.  But out of that profit comes all the other costs.  Renting UHauls to haul everything around, costs to set up pop-up shops which always have a fee unless you're at a friend's house, damaged inventory, and all else.  It comes out to very little profit. 

But most reps won't get all their investment back until they quit and dump what they have left.  Then all they're doing is getting their money back out of it.

9 hours ago, nst said:

so consider Joy completely koolaided 

she wants kids right away 

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-talk-kids/

"“We want as many as the Lord thinks we can handle and we are putting it into his hands,” she shares."

Thinks?  If I was letting someone else decide how many kids I was going to have, I'd want them to KNOW what we can handle.  

17 minutes ago, Jug Band Baby said:

I don't know about you, but I think an important part of self-employment and running a retail business is getting to choose exactly what you want to carry, or, if you want, to select a shipment of randoms.  There's not a choice with LLR.

I completely agree. Everything you said is just shocking to me. Why would anyone choose to do this? It's a huge pyramid scheme. It just sounds like there's no way of making money from it. And not being able to choose what I sell? That's a huge deal breaker. I'm picky by nature if I don't like something I won't ever try to sell it to someone. I work in a store. I have my favorites that I sell because I know they work. 

3 hours ago, Lulu22du said:

To me Ben and Jessa look like they don't get along well. Ben looks like he's sick of Jessa.

Didn't he see her on TV and get his parents to drive him several hours to her church so he could meet her, and next thing we know, they're married?  Hasn't he lived a bit more worldly?  How can he feel like a MAN if he's living under his wife's father's thumb?

At first I thought he looked more into her, but post-kids, I think she's more into it now and he's more...meh.  Hard to be a guy as young as him wanting to get to have fun with his hormonal urges, but his wife's pregnant all the time.  Pregnant sex just isn't the same.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I'm surprised the mustard cardigan didn't make an appearance- maybe at the rehearsal dinner. 

I wonder who will get to keep the mustard sweater, either after moving out or being the last one left.

13 minutes ago, Jug Band Baby said:

Didn't he see her on TV and get his parents to drive him several hours to her church so he could meet her, and next thing we know, they're married?  Hasn't he lived a bit more worldly?  How can he feel like a MAN if he's living under his wife's father's thumb?

At first I thought he looked more into her, but post-kids, I think she's more into it now and he's more...meh.  Hard to be a guy as young as him wanting to get to have fun with his hormonal urges, but his wife's pregnant all the time.  Pregnant sex just isn't the same.

His wife is pregnant all the time allowing to his actions.  If he wants to have fun sex and indulge in his hormonal urges, he could just cover it up.

People said there were 1002 guests at the wedding. That sounds as made up as the pop-up factoids on 19K&C. Glad we're done with those.

1 hour ago, mlsgregg said:

What's weird for me about Jill is that I don't hate her like some do. I get irritated with her because I perceive her to be forcing herself into a lifestyle that doesn't work for her. Didn't she want to be a nurse at one point? I think she's got a brain in there and hides it, which is really sad.

I have a soft spot for Jill, and don't know why.  Maybe it's because she did want to do more with her life than this.  Or maybe because she's come full circle and is back to the small cramped house without the appliances and all that were at the TTH.  Maybe because something in me says she wants to lead her own life a bit, but is being dragged around by the men instead, and she doesn't know what to do.  I think Jill, more than the other girls, has been forced to be a role model by marrying first, and it's all been public, and she has to hide her feelings.  I don't know.  Just something makes me feel bad for her.

59 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

You'd still have those stiff breast forms showing up and it would have been obvious plus with everything else that dress had going on I don't think it would have looked very good.  Plain material against the lace would have stood out as different and they did put lace panels on it and we could all tell. 

That's why using a complimenting lace that isn't backed by another fabric would have been a good choice.  Lace can be shaped around breasts.

25 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I completely agree. Everything you said is just shocking to me. Why would anyone choose to do this? It's a huge pyramid scheme. It just sounds like there's no way of making money from it. And not being able to choose what I sell? That's a huge deal breaker. I'm picky by nature if I don't like something I won't ever try to sell it to someone. I work in a store. I have my favorites that I sell because I know they work. 

Hop on over to google.  There are a lot of articles covering the start-up costs and what LLR requires.  Since they're mostly from earlier last year, the pricing has changed, but even the lowest of them is still $4,900.

I don't understand why God can tell them to stay at home with their family, take a new job, move, etc. But he can't tell them it's time for a vasectomy or NFP. God can tell them/the husband ANYTHING but he can't tell them to use birth control. It makes more sense to me that God would tell them to use birth control than if he shut their reproductive system down when he decided they were done. Am I missing something? Does that make sense? 

I feel for these women who have endless pregnancies. I've been pregnant or nursing since 2011 and I can't imagine doing this until I hit menopause.

10 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

His wife is pregnant all the time allowing to his actions.  If he wants to have fun sex and indulge in his hormonal urges, he could just cover it up.

Kind of.  She'd have to consent to a condom, and if she won't, his choices are to go bareback or abstain entirely.

Also saying she's pregnant all the time "allowing to his actions" says that only he has any responsibility here.

1 minute ago, Henk12 said:

I don't understand why God can tell them to stay at home with their family, take a new job, move, etc. But he can't tell them it's time for a vasectomy or NFP. God can tell them/the husband ANYTHING but he can't tell them to use birth control. 

They think that if the FundyGod didn't want more kids for them, infertility it would be!  Also if FundyGod wanted them to have babies while on birth control, isn't he mighty enough to make the method fail?  Even vasectomies and tubal ligations fail.  And embryos have implanted outside the uterus entirely.  Take 11 minutes and watch this: 

Spoiler

But a condom is too much for FundyGod to thwart?

1 minute ago, Jug Band Baby said:

Kind of.  She'd have to consent to a condom, and if she won't, his choices are to go bareback or abstain entirely.

Also saying she's pregnant all the time "allowing to his actions" says that only he has any responsibility here.

I disagree that saying his actions are responsible for her two pregnancies is saying only he has responsibility, just that he does contribute to that little problem.

According to the cult, Ben is the headship.  If he wanted to use condoms, Jessa pretty much would have to go along with it.  

8 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I disagree that saying his actions are responsible for her two pregnancies is saying only he has responsibility, just that he does contribute to that little problem.

According to the cult, Ben is the headship.  If he wanted to use condoms, Jessa pretty much would have to go along with it.  

I think the Duggars are a bit of an exception.  They get to do things other fundies don't, and Ben wasn't raised steeped in such Flavoraid.  Being so young and going from private person to psuedoceleb husband of the wife from a well-known family, I don't think he'd be comfortable just demanding she submit.  She's not like the daughter of the Rubies magazine, who was raised away from tv cameras.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived