IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 6: All Hail Rufus

Destiny

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow,  do not only is Rufus introduced but Joy blatantly says that they built the house and only after being questioned does she say, "well, some friends helped out." Riiiiight. Helped a lot. Not that the Duggars didn't do a lot but they were putzing along until TLC stepped in with their check book and designers and contractors. 

I was watching some of the old TV specials on youtube yesterday and they definitely had a lot of (professional) help.  Joy was really young when the house was being built though, so she might not realize how much outside help they really had.

4 hours ago, ak1188 said:

I was watching some of the old TV specials on youtube yesterday and they definitely had a lot of (professional) help.  Joy was really young when the house was being built though, so she might not realize how much outside help they really had.

Yes but that means that the story JB and the older Duggars tell is that they did it themselves. She's just parroting what she's heard. 

8 hours ago, ak1188 said:

How long have they been in that house? OK so I googled and she was just 8 when they moved, in so yeah, she probably doesn't remember much of the building only what she's been told. 

He was indeed spotted in the Laredo apartment!!! Now, whether he stayed or not is another question altogether. The last we saw of him, he was ensconced in Jeremy's office/guest bedroom. 

I was walking along the streets of an Australian country town on Saturday at dusk.  One house had their lights on and curtains open.  I spotted a Rufus impersonator on their loungeroom wall!   I didn't take a photo, because that would have been creepy, but I did immediately think of Rufus.

1 hour ago, Karma said:

I was walking along the streets of an Australian country town on Saturday at dusk.  One house had their lights on and curtains open.  I spotted a Rufus impersonator on their loungeroom wall!   I didn't take a photo, because that would have been creepy, but I did immediately think of Rufus.

Hmm, it sounds like JinJer were spreading the Word of Rufus while in Australia. You've spotted one of the first converts!

12 hours ago, BadMammaJana said:

Hmm, it sounds like JinJer were spreading the Word of Rufus while in Australia. You've spotted one of the first converts!

Praise Rufus! That is is especially impressive since deer aren't native to Australia, right?

Honestly I think a mounted deer head is required decorating  in any "real American" home, right next to that there flag AND the picture of Jesus & Ronald Reagan, well now Trump.  

That was all sarcasm but seriously everyone I know (and it is a LOT of people) that has a hunter in the home has a deer head mounted somewhere. I've always found them creepy AF but I obviously didn't grow up with a hunter in my house. 

people.com has a link to the new season and the girls are asking a married jinger if she is pregnant.  Joy wants to know. It's sad they CANT think of anything else 

and Derick thinks SCA is scary 

not shit 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

people.com has a link to the new season and the girls are asking a married jinger if she is pregnant.  Joy wants to know. It's sad they CANT think of anything else 

and Derick thinks SCA is scary 

not shit 

I think Derick is an idiot. To think I once thought he was a real live working-type person. 

I guess I was wrong. I will shut up now. Get Jill home for Jeebus' sake. 

"Have you taken a test?" Ugh. Seriously? I know that pregnancy is all they are known for but that's over the top! 

9 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

"Have you taken a test?" Ugh. Seriously? I know that pregnancy is all they are known for but that's over the top! 

I thought exactly the same thing.  Their obsession with pregnancy is really off putting and creepy.  

I think if fundies could say WTF, Jinger would have been saying WTF.

According to People, the new season starts on June 12. Explains JinJer's social media accounts and more frequent posting of videos by TLC. 

I fully expect a pregnancy announcement soon, as well a preview from Joy's wedding.

They have no boundaries and are a family that does not believe in any form of pregnancy prevention. So sex (usually!) eventually leads to pregnancy.

I haven't seen the video but could that have been a segway for Jinger to say "yep! I'm pregnant".... because let's be real, an announcement is coming. This is the longest we have ever gone without a pregnancy announcement from a Duggar newlywed.

On 5/6/2017 at 1:36 PM, ak1188 said:

I was watching some of the old TV specials on youtube yesterday and they definitely had a lot of (professional) help.  

Seriously. Wasn't a theme of the early specials where they were building the house specifically that they brought in professionals so the kids could "learn" to do these things themselves? 

3 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

let's be real, an announcement is coming

Yeah, it hardly even qualifies as an announcement anymore. Perhaps baby confirmation or something would be a more appropriate term. 

That video chat with her sisters happened before Jill went back to CA so she wasn't pregnant at that time.  Basically they were badgering her 2 minutes after they came back from the honeymoon. She may be pregnant at this point though.  Video shows Joe asking Kendra's dad about courting.  Would love to see him grill Joe like JB grilled Ben, Derick, and Jeremy.

11 hours ago, December said:
Yeah, it hardly even qualifies as an announcement anymore. Perhaps baby confirmation or something would be a more appropriate term. 

Oh, they would never use the term 'confirmation' because of the Ebil Catholic association.

I just went and found the video mentioned (http://people.com/tv/counting-on-jinger-duggar-vuolo-sisters-grilling-her-about-starting-family/), and depending on how the footage was cut and whether that was Jinger's reaction to the question, she definitely seemed like she was acting coy as not to reveal certain info.

Judging solely on the clip as the way it was presented to us:

She could've been pregnant in that clip, and not ready to share the news.

She could've been pregnant and then revealed to her sisters that yes, she was pregnant.

She could be quietly preventing pregnancy (lol) which is a big fat no no... so being probed about pregnancy would give a similar reaction to Jinger's, especially when you are from a family like hers where lying to your family is also a very big no no.

If there is no announcement by the time the show premieres, I will be very, very surprised... but out of the married couples if there were a couple to prevent I think it could be these two. Who knows!

I want to know if Joy will be as happy to be asked eleventy times if she is preggo.  At first it's probably a happy thing for them since it's one of the few ways that they are allowed to attract and revel in attention.  But if it's been a few months then it gets old fast. 

Now we know when the new season starts.  Now I'm also wondering if the timing of JinJer IGs is related to the fact that they have a new season to promote.  Hmmm.  Seems like they allowed filming immediately.  

Derrick is worried about returning to CA.  I would be too.  Your wife if pregnant, you barely can string a sentence together in Spanish, you have a toddler, and you are going to be in the middle of nowhere attempting to convert people with nothing more than a bible and some paper mache.  Oh, and there is gang violence.  Good job buddy.  

I almost want to say Joy as being sarcastic she said "have you taken a test, answer the question"  very quickly, almost like she was trying to make a joke after Jill opened her stupid mouth. It will be more interesting to see in context, ok not MORE interesting, but it will make more sense when it is watched in context. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

So not cool. But then again thats probably "normal" behavior for girls like the J'slaves that started tracking their mothers menstrual cycle when they were still kids themselves just so that momma and daddy could add another blessing and give them a new buddy. 

And I'd really like to punch Derick in his stupid face! Central America is a dangerous place? For sure? Then why the f*ck do you feel like dragging your pregnant wife and toddler there just to convert people with real problems and who cannot pack their stuff and leave for Arkansas whenever they want to your "holier than you" crazy AF branch of christianity??? The stupidity - it burns!! And their ignorance really hurts me. It is always about them and no-one else. They couldn't care less about the harsh reality families are facing in a lot of parts of Central America. I'm really mad right now. Sorry for the rant. 

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived