IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 6: All Hail Rufus

Destiny

It would be awesome to see a "Very Special" episode of Counting On where Jeremy explains to a group of the Duggars (and their sycophants) how birth control fits into the fundie lifestyle. In my fantasy world, Josh would make a Very Special guest appearance in this episode, and be so moved by Jeremy's talk that he breaks down in tears, and admits that one more baby might just push him over the edge mentallly. "PLEASE JUST STOP BLESSING ME THIS WAY, JESUS" he'll plead, "ITS ALL TOO MUCH!!" Then he would admit he has been moved by The Lord to enter a new, less virile season of life, all thanks to Jeremy showing him the light. After this Very Special moment,  all Duggars and their sycophants would head out to enjoy some twee megachurch lattes from the Christian hipster coffee shop that no doubt exists in the lobby of Jeremy's church. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That was all sarcasm but seriously everyone I know (and it is a LOT of people) that has a hunter in the home has a deer head mounted somewhere. I've always found them creepy AF but I obviously didn't grow up with a hunter in my house. 

I also find it creepy AF.  Imagine if a lion's den had the heads of people they killed mounted.

3 hours ago, nst said:

and Derick thinks SCA is scary

I'm sure they think he's scary too.

Hope there's massive backlash. Their "normal" is not everyone's normal. I had an aunt who was very blunt. Nothing was censored and she just didn't care. I loved her dearly, but I also avoided her.

11 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Skin crawling at the invasive "are you pregnant yet??" stuff. These girls suck.

but don't forget this is what they are getting paid to say endlessly 

10 hours ago, JMO said:

Now I'm also wondering if the timing of JinJer IGs is related to the fact that they have a new season to promote.  Hmmm.  Seems like they allowed filming immediately. 

and you hit the nail on the head.  These two are learning from the best.

Also jessa in a TH said that she told her sisters not to ask Jinge

so I am in the camp Jessa is protecting Jinger 

I'm pretty sure it's always Jessa-protecting-Jinger haha, they're BFF's for a reason. Jessa and Jinger will believe anything the other tells them, I think, so if JinJer are preventing pregnancy by any means (I think NFP is entirely possible with Jeremy), really the only person Jinger has to lie to Jessa, who will effectively be her front to the rest of the family. Jinger also seems to be a more private person, so I think when she is pregnant she'll wait a bit longer (10-12 weeks like Jessa rather than immediately like Jill) to tell her family, and wouldn't answer direct interrogation by all the sisters anyways...

25 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Hope there's massive backlash. Their "normal" is not everyone's normal. I had an aunt who was very blunt. Nothing was censored and she just didn't care. I loved her dearly, but I also avoided her.

I once knew a woman who used to say "I can't wait until I'm old.  You know how there's always an older woman around who says what they think, right to your face, and no one can say anything to them about it because they're old?  I can't wait until that's me."  In the meantime she was practicing saying just what she thought about other people, except not to their faces, and was actively avoiding dealing with an older woman from her own family who was the one who said what she thought and no one would push back on her because she was old.

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

And I'd really like to punch Derick in his stupid face! Central America is a dangerous place? For sure? Then why the f*ck do you feel like dragging your pregnant wife and toddler there just to convert people with real problems and who cannot pack their stuff and leave for Arkansas whenever they want to your "holier than you" crazy AF branch of christianity??? The stupidity - it burns!! And their ignorance really hurts me. It is always about them and no-one else. They couldn't care less about the harsh reality families are facing in a lot of parts of Central America. I'm really mad right now. Sorry for the rant. 

Is there something wrong with helping people here?  I think about the food kitchens/pantries, habitat for humanity etc... there are SO many ways to help people without uprooting your pregnant wife and child.  The money that they are spending flying down there, setting up their housing compound, food, internet etc... all that money could probably do a lot of good if it were donated instead of spend on their selfish goals.  I have a similar rant about nonprofits.  It seems every time I log onto facebook another one of my friends has started a nonprofit and is asking for money to do this or that.  Most of the time its things that ANOTHER nonprofit (big and small) is already doing, so why the hell do you have to do it yourself also? Oh right, because you are clearly cooler than the other organizations and they are doing it wrong.

4 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

According to People, the new season starts on June 12.

Oh fuck. That means the Duggars will ruin my birthday on the 19th. Time to stock up the liquor cabinet! 

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Praise Rufus! That is is especially impressive since deer aren't native to Australia, right?

You're right, they're not native, but they were introduced in the 19th century for hunting purposes. They're quite a pest in some areas - they're culled quite close to where I live.  I saw one in the bush just last week actually.

Would love for Jinger's answer to the "are you pregnant????" question to be, "well, actually, girls, I've gone on the pill and Jeremy and I are having the time of our lives getting to know each other if you know what I mean.  Jeremy says Jesus is totes cool with birth control and we've decided to have just 2 or 3 kids, and not for a few more years."   

(I know it won't happen... that blatant of a speech about it, anyway... but I'd love to see the expression on the sisters' faces!)

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Is there something wrong with helping people here? 

Yes. For the Duggars there is, you can't ask for an obscene amount of money, talk about how scary it is, and how you are risking your LIFE, if you're in NW Arkansas. The Dillards will grift nothing at home and Derick is not getting a real job again. 

Wow I just watched the preview and I think for the first time in her life Jinger  was dangerously close to saying,"What the fuck?" After she said "huh" there was a brief flash of stabby eyes.

I loathe Jill so naturally her doing this makes me loathe her even more since Jessa apparently warned them not to ask. 

Well I don't trust Jessa in this either. She could easily say "now don't you ask about any pregnancy y'all, wink wink". Which ofcourse will make them ask in an instant. 

And like any other footage, Jingers response could also very likely not be the  response to that question. That's just smart editing. 

20 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

"Have you taken a test?" Ugh. Seriously? I know that pregnancy is all they are known for but that's over the top! 

"F*** OFF".

Jinger didn't say it but she was thinking it. 

12 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Would love for Jinger's answer to the "are you pregnant????" question to be, "well, actually, girls, I've gone on the pill and Jeremy and I are having the time of our lives getting to know each other if you know what I mean.  Jeremy says Jesus is totes cool with birth control and we've decided to have just 2 or 3 kids, and not for a few more years."   

(I know it won't happen... that blatant of a speech about it, anyway... but I'd love to see the expression on the sisters' faces!)

I think Jill would actually cry if that had happened.

12 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I think Jill would actually cry if that had happened.

She'd probably say that they both needed to work on their contentment. :P 

McAdenville, NC is a small town that is famous for its Christmas lights. Almost every house on the main street is decorated, and you can drive through or park & walk through. In one of the houses, you can see into an upstairs room that must have a dozen mounted deer heads (maybe other animals, too). I thought a dedicated hunter must live there, but now I believe its a temple devoted to our beloved and almighty Rufus. The Mother House of the International Order of Rufus, maybe?

I wish I had a mounted deer head in my office, just to weird out some of my colleagues!

Wow, just watched the people video. The look on Jinger's face when they ask her. She cracks me up with her expressions. I want to send her and Jeremy a "boundaries with in laws" book. And poor Joy. "Ok. I'm going to take you in the middle of the woods on top of a mountain, and then blindfold you. You down with that?" These people and their weird-ass proposals. 

On 5/8/2017 at 0:11 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I'm pretty sure it's always Jessa-protecting-Jinger haha, they're BFF's for a reason. Jessa and Jinger will believe anything the other tells them, I think, so if JinJer are preventing pregnancy by any means (I think NFP is entirely possible with Jeremy), really the only person Jinger has to lie to Jessa, who will effectively be her front to the rest of the family. Jinger also seems to be a more private person, so I think when she is pregnant she'll wait a bit longer (10-12 weeks like Jessa rather than immediately like Jill) to tell her family, and wouldn't answer direct interrogation by all the sisters anyways...

It surprises me how many people on this site think there is much of a chance that any of these women are going to embrace any lifestyle significantly different from how they were raised. 

These women do not believe in any form of birth control. Including the rhythm method. And virtually the only way for a woman to gain status in their culture is through immediate and constant baby-making. 

I think if she is not pregnant now, she will be soon, pants notwithstanding. 

It's tragic to me, that they have no power over their own bodies or reproduction. But they don't. Not really. They would have to do something more radical than put on a pair of pants to convince me they are no longer embracing the Quiverfull philosophy with fanatic fervor. 

18 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Yes. For the Duggars there is, you can't ask for an obscene amount of money, talk about how scary it is, and how you are risking your LIFE, if you're in NW Arkansas. The Dillards will grift nothing at home and Derick is not getting a real job again. 

Also--if you help someone and there isn't a camera around to record it, did it ever really happen? 

Volunteering at the local HfH, five homeless shelters, or three food banks within driving distance of Tonitown doesn't quite have the same potential for public attention. 

Actually we dont know any/all of these couples will be quiverfull. The Duggar parents are but it doesnt seem to be something that everyone in their circles are required to do. I think the Dugs and Bates associate with plenty of non quiverfull people. I think this generation on Duggars and Bates will have MUCH smaller families than their parents did and that each couple will at least make some concious decisions about their family size.  We already have Jill with 18 months between pregnancies, Alyssa Bates flat out stating they were limiting their family size, and if Jinge isnt pregnant yet, thats like 7 months in. all the Duggar in laws come from small families except Ben but his isnt near Duggar size. I know people can be quiverfull and not have that many kids bc of fertility differences but i just dont get the feeling that many of these couples are keen on baby after baby without any type of intervention. I just dont see the evidence yet that they are. We cant know unless they address it somehow, like Alyssa did.  

4 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I thought the blindfold thing was ver weird Very. 

50 shades of duggar

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Wow, just watched the people video. The look on Jinger's face when they ask her. She cracks me up with her expressions. I want to send her and Jeremy a "boundaries with in laws" book. And poor Joy. "Ok. I'm going to take you in the middle of the woods on top of a mountain, and then blindfold you. You down with that?" These people and their weird-ass proposals. 

Ooo yes - we could get a copy of the fantastic 'when difficult relatives happen to good people' and a pretty bookplate and sign it from all at FJ. 

We could even get it a book crossing ID and see how widely it gets shared... (I'm joking on the latter).

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived