IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 6: All Hail Rufus

Destiny

I've decided to be creative vs. reminisce about precious Duggar moments from seasons gone by.

How about showing us the consumption of a typical, but massive, Duggar meal (including standard fat, salt, starch, and Rotel components) followed by an even more massive farting contest in the boy's dorm.  Winner of the contest gets to invite Michelle in for "her opinion on something".

Yeah, I'm losing it.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/8/2017 at 4:25 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Jenni pretty much always looks like she's 1000% done with everyone around her. I love her for it.

Oh yea.  In my fantasy world Jenni and Joydan play softball, wear shorts, have their own rooms and take the school bus to a real school. Their parents will encourage them to go to college and they will move out and live with their boyfriends.

28 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I want a prayer-closet-cam

Be careful what you wish for. 

Back to the shorts. I would really, really love to see JB and M's reactions to that. And the exposed shoulders in the dress on the honeymoon.

Other than that, nothing really as reading on here is way more entertaining than any Duggar episode.

I would like to see real conversations between the siblings that sound natural and not contrived. Everything sounds so scripted and they're so careful with their words.  It would be far more interesting if they let their guard down. The 3 episodes preceding the show getting renewed when they discussed the scandals were at least somewhat insightful.

ETA:  I just realized that I hit Level Eleventy:Yes:

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I would like to see real conversations between the siblings that sound natural and not contrived. Everything sounds so scripted and they're so careful with their words.  It would be far more interesting if they let their guard down. The 3 episodes preceding the show getting renewed when they discussed the scandals were at least somewhat insightful.

This! They have to bicker, we see a little of Jessa and Jana having different opinions! I'd like to see more of that. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

This! They have to bicker, we see a little of Jessa and Jana having different opinions! I'd like to see more of that. 

Yes. Instead of asking them stupid questions during their talking heads like 'if Jana were an ice cream flavor, what flavor would she be' how about asking Jana what she was feeling when Jessa became dismissive of her decorating ideas and tried to take over.  I'm so over the whole 'my siblings are my best friends' b.s.  After the scandals Jessa said that they never claimed to be perfect and yet they never let us see the real people behind the masks.

I want to see them in a college course, at a proper university. How they deal with the workload, the different opinions and life on their own. 

Also I want them to travel again, and get more non staged material. I want to see reality.

Wow Michelle and Jim Bob, that you would even ask my opinion ... I really look forward to more dental visits and (fake) correction of children in youthful hijinks!

But if the general public has to watch your show, it may have to be more palatable. A lot of people would be happy to not have you on TV at all, but I think you could switch things up. Michelle could actually teach! And cook! And engage with her kids! Jim Bob could be less greedy, less phony, less 'I'm a big important man talking to the masses' all the time. Or better yet, less of you, more of your more personable children (not Jill please! She needs to be out of the spotlight and focused on her life, rather than being a testimony to others). Show the loving side of your faith through your family if that's what you want. If things happen, be honest and don't hide them - confront them. We know where Joshglare is. We're smarter than you think.

I'd like to see the show take a more "documentary" turn (never going to happen on TLC). Cover the big interesting subjects. How do the adult kids feel about their relationship with IBLP/Gothard? With secular culture? With other Christians? With the scandals? Cut away with educational film bits on the type of stuff discussed here on FJ. I'm not saying they need to "break Duggar" and move to San Francisco to become atheist university students... I just want to see more of what I find interesting about them. 

19 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Yes. Instead of asking them stupid questions during their talking heads like 'if Jana were an ice cream flavor, what flavor would she be' how about asking Jana what she was feeling when Jessa became dismissive of her decorating ideas and tried to take over.  I'm so over the whole 'my siblings are my best friends' b.s.  After the scandals Jessa said that they never claimed to be perfect and yet they never let us see the real people behind the masks.

I think for the original show they had to claim they were best friends otherwise people would question why they didn't interact with other people.  But we know they interact with fellow Gothard people.  Or leghumpers

They couldn't let us see behind the masks because they never truly showed themselves if you think about it.  

Even now Jessa never a posts a picture of herself - she posts pictures of the brand. 

I scoff at Jessa claiming they never claimed to be perfect.  In every original episode JB and Michelle did claim to be perfect. 

On 2017-04-06 at 9:52 PM, SamiKatz said:

Isn't Jennifer the one in the awkward happy birthday video with her mom as well?

The one where she looks like she's in a proof of life video?

I'm looking for this video everywhere and I can't find it - I think the Duggars took it down not long after they put it up. Does anyone have a link?

That's the one I remember. Jordyn looks confused about the strange woman holding her. She has no interaction with M.

Ah, thanks guys. That's the one I was looking for. I misremembered and thought it was Jenny.

It really does look like a proof of life video.

On 4/6/2017 at 9:31 PM, Suz8710 said:

I don't like Inquisitr but this article summarized it well and has the Counting On snippet video. Jenni Duggar FTW in the most awesome Duggar category...

http://www.inquisitr.com/4123933/jinger-duggars-wedding-was-the-most-strangest-in-the-world-according-to-jennifer-duggar/

THIS MADE MY DAY! Since we can no longer free Jinger can we please free Jenny instead? Lol

On 4/7/2017 at 0:38 PM, RosyDaisy said:

Why did Josie need a NICU nurse at Jinger's wedding?

Because Miracle Child Josie!

On 4/8/2017 at 9:06 PM, fluffernutter said:

I would seriously love for them to have one eye-rolling, mouthy, could give two shits teenager. But unfortunately I guess that wouldn't bode well for Jenni. I can't imagine what they would do to keep her in line.

Some version of teenage blanket training that will involve Nickelback playing through the speakers anytime she doesn't "keep sweet"

22 hours ago, JMO said:

@WhyNotJulie Jordyn had an awkward birthday video, that I know.

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2016/12/birthday-wishes-for-jordyn.html

I don't remember one for Jennifer.  And searching around it looks like they just posted some pictures of her for last year's b-day. 

Am I seeing things or is Michelle wearing outdoor Christmas lights around her neck as a necklace? Also that is the coldest looking kiss a mother could give her child. She looks like the producer was prompting her to do it "kiss her head now to show the people you love your crotch fruit"

On 3/29/2017 at 2:33 PM, HereticHick said:

No mention of the Duggars in this TLC press release either: https://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/programs/tlc-upfront-2017-18/

"TLC Upfront 2017-18

TLC Announces an Aggressive Upfront Slate with 120 More Hours of Original Programming Including the Return of TRADING SPACES...

TLC has long been the home for loveable families.  Fan favorites returning to share more life changes and milestones are THE LITTLE COUPLE, KATE PLUS 8, the Busbys of OUTDAUGHTERED, LITTLE PEOPLE BIG WORLD, SISTER WIVES and many more.  The network welcomes to the family HAIR GODDESS (working title), a show about a working-class family in Staten Island who are building an empire.  A BABY STORY LIVE will return for its second year, following expecting mothers through their final weeks of pregnancy culminating with a broadcast of the births on Facebook Live... "

And next year they will start following people who are about to undergo their first colonoscopy!  From the initial drinking of the crap that makes you crap to the view of their insides!   And the finale will be when they start to pass gas and have a big smile of relief on their faces!  TAH DAH!!!!

@SuhrEnity that is definitely a Christmas light necklace.  I guess it was a week before Xmas but still looks funny in April.  Michelle is old enough to be the kind of goofy middle aged mom/grandma.  She seems to be playing that part more and more.  It fits, that is what she is.  Jordyn clearly could care less about being in the video. 

My bets now are on Jackson and Hannie to beat it the day after Hannie turns 18 Jenni and Jordyn following. 

5 hours ago, JMO said:

@SuhrEnity that is definitely a Christmas light necklace.  I guess it was a week before Xmas but still looks funny in April.  Michelle is old enough to be the kind of goofy middle aged mom/grandma.  She seems to be playing that part more and more.  It fits, that is what she is.  Jordyn clearly could care less about being in the video. 

Well, the video is from December. Jordyn's birthday is 12/18. 

What I'd like to see on the show:

(Assuming they can do this with a GED, which might not be possible): have the older kids who are interested enroll in four-year colleges and see what happens.  No pressure on them to "break free" and go to every party on campus, but I'd like to see how they adjust to mundane things like dorm life, staying on a schedule, cramming for exams, joining clubs, interacting with people with different beliefs, and going places without a chaperone or accountability partner!

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived