IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 6: All Hail Rufus

Destiny

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

My theory is that Josh and Anna are living in the pool house.

But Jill and Derick were staying there until they went back to Scary America in February. I suppose Josh and Anna could have moved in after they left or maybe both families were living in the house together.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Bethella said:

But Jill and Derick were staying there until they went back to Scary America in February. I suppose Josh and Anna could have moved in after they left or maybe both families were living in the house together.

Living with Jill and Josh...my idea of hell.

13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Living with Jill and Josh...my idea of hell.

Yep, same here. Equal hell is Lawson and Carlin Bates. :P 

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

i can't imagine uprooting every couple of months just because the whims of JB or Jill decide. 

I need a place to live and stay 

but then this is what they think is normal I guess 

I'm pretty sure Josh and Anna or living in either the warehouse guest house or that house they were fixing up pre jesus jail.

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm pretty sure Josh and Anna or living in either the warehouse guest house or that house they were fixing up pre jesus jail.

I don't know that JB would allow Josh to live in the Sialom Springs house. It's about 15 miles away, IIRC. He wants Joshiepoo close by, under his thumb, so he can monitor the guy to make sure he doesn't screw up (see what I did there?) again. I'm surprised he even has an Iphone. I was certain that JB would issue him a Flip Phone of Shame when he returned from Jesus Jail. 

On 5/1/2017 at 9:22 PM, marmalade said:

I don't know that JB would allow Josh to live in the Sialom Springs house. It's about 15 miles away, IIRC. He wants Joshiepoo close by, under his thumb, so he can monitor the guy to make sure he doesn't screw up (see what I did there?) again. I'm surprised he even has an Iphone. I was certain that JB would issue him a Flip Phone of Shame when he returned from Jesus Jail. 

Maybe the iPhone provides better features for monitoring?  They must be keeping close tabs on him, "brother's keepers" that they are, and nfw does JB want another scandal....hell no.

What happened to the house with the circular wall that they bought?  I know some people speculated it could be used as a church, because of the big glass side, but I was wondering who goes there?  Joe & Kendra?

(The politics of who lives where is fascinating- Jill obviously being favoured over Jessa, with the pool house done up for her, even though she's only in the country for months of the year...  Jessa getting the smallest house... If they do pass the round-wall house to Joe, that'll be interesting)

6 minutes ago, Lurky said:

What happened to the house with the circular wall that they bought?  I know some people speculated it could be used as a church, because of the big glass side, but I was wondering who goes there?  Joe & Kendra?

(The politics of who lives where is fascinating- Jill obviously being favoured over Jessa, with the pool house done up for her, even though she's only in the country for months of the year...  Jessa getting the smallest house... If they do pass the round-wall house to Joe, that'll be interesting)

The politics is fascinating. I would think that Jessa and Ben would soon be moved into a bigger house because of the amount of children that they have. It's fine with Spurgeon and Henry, but they aren't going to slow down. They are going to need a bigger house. So I'd think that Jessa and Ben will move, then Joe and Kendra will have their house. 

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

The politics is fascinating. I would think that Jessa and Ben would soon be moved into a bigger house because of the amount of children that they have. It's fine with Spurgeon and Henry, but they aren't going to slow down. They are going to need a bigger house. So I'd think that Jessa and Ben will move, then Joe and Kendra will have their house. 

I thought they'd move the Seewalds into the Pool House for sure, when Jessa announced her pregnancy.  Nothing wrong with Seewald home (and wow, a free house is amazing) but it would make far more sense to be rewarding the kids who follow the Quiverfull path by giving them incentives to breed more, and put the newlyweds in the smaller place.

11 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I thought they'd move the Seewalds into the Pool House for sure, when Jessa announced her pregnancy.  Nothing wrong with Seewald home (and wow, a free house is amazing) but it would make far more sense to be rewarding the kids who follow the Quiverfull path by giving them incentives to breed more, and put the newlyweds in the smaller place.

I thought they would as well. However, I am seeing now that since Jinger and Jeremy weren't staying around the compound, it would make more sense to wait until there was another courtship. Now there's nothing saying that it's a guarantee but Jessa has been hinting enough. 

The pool house seems to be used as a guest house in general.  I think they said that when they were fixing it up.  I also remember them walking into the house and being surprised by the amount of crap littering the counter tops in the kitchen.  They could also be renting it out at times, or at least intending to.  I think Jess got shafted with the little house since she's there full time.  I would be interested to see where they move when little #3 comes around.  With Josh the discussion was what he and Anna would buy.  But then he moved to DC.  I wonder if the deal is that the little house is free but if they want something bigger they have to pay for it.  Since Bin works for JB he might be able to use sweat equity to help buy a new home from/with JB.  I also wonder where Joseph will live once he's married and where Jill would live if they moved back from CA.  Hmmmm. Joseph may get Grandma's old house or he may have one that they already picked out and are fixing up.  

Maybe Jessa just wants a small house for now. You know, so it's not so much to clean. More time to spend on hair, makeup, taking photos of the kids...

Jessa said they were fine in the little house but would probably move when baby #3 was on the way, which means by the end of this year, right?

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Maybe Jessa just wants a small house for now. You know, so it's not so much to clean. More time to spend on hair, makeup, taking photos of the kids...

This is what I think too. I think she prefers the smaller house cause there's less housework to do and less places to chase a baby around. Plus her kids are so young still and with them both being boys they can share a room for a few years yet.

6 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

This is what I think too. I think she prefers the smaller house cause there's less housework to do and less places to chase a baby around. Plus her kids are so young still and with them both being boys they can share a room for a few years yet.

Considering that the dust bunnies under the bed were dust dinosaurs I'm not sure she could handle "cleaning" a bigger house.  God forbid Bin would help... 

They don't need to go from the small house to a huge house like Jill had. All they need is extra bedroom.

I wonder if they've ever considered extending that little house. But I guess it's the perfect size for newlyweds until they pop out their 3rd baby.

A few of the boy kids own homes now too. Has anyone found what they have?

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

So I'd think that Jessa and Ben will move, then Joe and Kendra will have their house. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe already owns a fixer upper house that they're gonna fix up before he marries Kendra

4 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Clean...bwaahh are Hannie and Jenny not available?

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

When she had HWS, she said in that People spread they were always checking the market for houses, so maybe there's mild hope that they don't wanna be under Boob's real estate thumb.

2 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

When she had HWS, she said in that People spread they were always checking the market for houses, so maybe there's mild hope that they don't wanna be under Boob's real estate thumb.

I sure hope so. That would be a step in the right direction. 

I think we are discounting the fact that Bin and Jessa have their own $$$ from the show, People magazine covers, etc.  They live in a low cost area and likely could get their own place if needed/wanted.  Sure, grifting off JimBob is a better deal but they are not without options.  

1 hour ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

I think we are discounting the fact that Bin and Jessa have their own $$$ from the show, People magazine covers, etc.  They live in a low cost area and likely could get their own place if needed/wanted.  Sure, grifting off JimBob is a better deal but they are not without options.  

I think we have debated here about whether they actually get any $$ from magazine coverage. It depends on their contract with TLC. TLC may do all the legwork with setting up such publicity, and may be the only one that gets paid.

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I think we have debated here about whether they actually get any $$ from magazine coverage. It depends on their contract with TLC. TLC may do all the legwork with setting up such publicity, and may be the only one that gets paid.

Gees, that would suck!  I mean, even with free travel, and free publicity ~ I can't imagine a Duggar (especially one who appears to be as savvy as Jessa), to be like, "Wait, TLC keeps the money, and I get zilch?  Okie-dokie!"

The Duggars have their own publicist. Ben lists an agent or publicist to contact for speaking engagements on his Instagram. I'm sure this person also handles their magazine spreads as well. I'm also sure that Jessa's parents have the same representation. 

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived