IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 6: All Hail Rufus

Destiny

I remember that trio of girls being sat down and shouting, "WE ARE 4 YEARS OLD!" They went to some chocolaterie in D.C., I believe. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if after Jinger's afternoon wedding, all the Duggars and friends went back to the compound and had a first birthday party for Spurgeon there. Jessa would've loved all that extra attention for her firstborn. They always throw a post-wedding party at the compound. Remember how at Jill's post-wedding gathering, the sewer backed up? 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Remember how at Jill's post-wedding gathering, the sewer backed up? 

That was prophetic. 

5 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

That was prophetic. 

They were already full of s***

So I guess I have FJ brain. Last night, I was driving home and saw this deer family and my first thought was of Rufus, not the amazing sight. Excuse the picture quality. I was moving and did not want to get too close. 

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

The day after Thanksgiving in 2015, a female deer hit the driver side of my truck. Now I believe it was the Blessed Mother of Our Lord & Saviour Rufus, sent to give me his blessing.
My door is still bashed in*, but now I can claim it as a memorial to the Blessed Doe.

*because I had a $1000 deductible, $3000 of visible damage, and owed less than $1000 on the truck. I was not spending $1000 on something cosmetic. I did have the suspension damage fixed on my own dime. If it had been discovered when the adjustor was looking at the truck they would probably have totalled it. 

Also, she bounced off my truck and was hit by a car behind me. When we stopped up the road to assess the damage, a guy stopped, not to make sure we were ok, but to ask if we wanted the carcass. I told him to help himself.

3 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I remember that trio of girls being sat down and shouting, "WE ARE 4 YEARS OLD!" They went to some chocolaterie in D.C., I believe. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if after Jinger's afternoon wedding, all the Duggars and friends went back to the compound and had a first birthday party for Spurgeon there. Jessa would've loved all that extra attention for her firstborn. They always throw a post-wedding party at the compound. Remember how at Jill's post-wedding gathering, the sewer backed up? 

They did have a party at the compound afterward. Not sure if it was just for Spurgy, but they had a party. Didn't we see some photos of Spurgy and a cupcake or something that day? 

My aunt and uncle got married on my first birthday. I honestly love that that day is special to all of us --- I always wish them a happy anniversary and they never forget my birthday. I feel more connected to them that way, not like anyone got overshadowed. It's something nice that the three of us share.

EDIT: Not a fundie sized family either (dad/uncle are two of four, and I'm the fourth grandchild).

I know this is strange question but....

With these people being so Christian, do we know if any of them were ever baptized?  I mean it's sort of the hallmark and defining moment.  We see marriage and live birth, but no real embrace of Christianity?

9 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

I know this is strange question but....

With these people being so Christian, do we know if any of them were ever baptized?  I mean it's sort of the hallmark and defining moment.  We see marriage and live birth, but no real embrace of Christianity?

They've all been baptized (well, all the ones over a certain age), definitely. They don't baptize infants, though. The child has to 'get saved' first, and then gets baptized. 

Thanks.  I guess they hold something personal after all.  

I would personally prefer to see that than the birth scenes.  It seems over the top to have that broadcast.

25 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

JB baptised Amy in the Jordan river, with rats swimming by.

I can't even explain why I find this so funny. :pb_lol:

13 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

This is full of win.

14 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

That story never gets old. I will laugh every single time that I read it! 

15 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Thanks.  I guess they hold something personal after all.  

I would personally prefer to see that than the birth scenes.  It seems over the top to have that broadcast.

Dont give them ideas!  Sweet angel miracle Josie wanting to be saved could be 4 episodes!

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Dont give them ideas!  Sweet angel miracle Josie wanting to be saved could be 4 episodes!

Five episodes.

Three 30 minute episodes covering Josie doing something super sinful (like glancing briefly at a picture book about evolution), Josie feeling terrible about it, Josie reading the Bible, and Josie deciding she needs to accept Jesus as her savior. Then one that's an hour-long look back at Josie's journey thus far - from her dramatic delivery and NICU days to whatever she does now. Finally, a super speshul hour-long episode that's half-recap on everything we just saw and half her prepping of the ceremony. The ceremony will be squeezed into the last ten minutes. 

Bonus points if they air it on Jordyn's birthday and follow that up with a massive birthday party for Josie. It's not like anyone other than Mack and, possibly, Jessa would likely remember it anyway.

(Side note: I feel really bad for Jordyn, but for Josie too. I hope they don't still Baby her so much because it's not going to do her any favors. She needs to be allowed to grow up.)

9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Five episodes.

TBH, I think the baptism of the sainted child warrants another Duggar trip episode.  Maybe they could go to the Ark encounter and baptize her in the fountain near the dinosaurs?

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

TBH, I think the baptism of the sainted child warrants another Duggar trip episode.  Maybe they could go to the Ark encounter and baptize her in the fountain near the dinosaurs?

I don't know. I mean, Amy got the Jordan River and swimming rats. Ark encounter is a bit understated compared to that and Amy isn't even a super speshul miracle. 

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I don't know. I mean, Amy got the Jordan River and swimming rats. Ark encounter is a bit understated compared to that and Amy isn't even a super speshul miracle. 

Where else is holy to the Duggars?  The Washington Monument?  They've already done DC.

Didn't they have a flood in their front yard recently? God sent blessed rain for Josie. They could always use the pool at the pool house, with everyone in modest swim wear.

They could all fly out west (the days of the RV are over) and baptize her in the pacific ocean.  Gotta milk it for the trip!

It's so weird to me not to celebrate a first birthday. Yes there will be more but culturally for us at least the first birthday is pretty special. We do huge parties for it.

29 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Where else is holy to the Duggars?  The Washington Monument?  They've already done DC.

Well, the Museum of the Bible (being built with Hobby Lobby money) opens here in DC in the autumn. I think at least some Duggars and/or Bates will need to film a field trip to it.

https://www.museumofthebible.org/

18 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

If my baptism would have involved rats (or other rodents), the would have been no baptism! I have the same feelings towards them that others have for snakes, spiders, or insects.

My husband and I were baptized together in church, but someone forgot to turn on the heat for the water so it was ice cold. We found that out as we were stepping into the water. True story: several members of the congregation became emotional because they thought my husband was weeping/having an intense religious experience as the pastor dunked him. Nope, he was simply freezing and couldn't hold it together for the ceremony. :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived