IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 6: All Hail Rufus

Destiny

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Rufus question:

Jinger said that Rufus ascended to heaven on Spurgeon's birthday, right?  Am I remembering that correctly?  I just want to make sure I have the date correct to celebrate the holiday.

Yes he did. :) 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So November 5th is:

ascensionem grege cervos iaculari

Assuming google translate "ascension of the deer" is accurate.

All hail rufus!

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

So November 5th is:

ascensionem grege cervos iaculari

Assuming google translate "ascension of the deer" is accurate.

All hail rufus!

It's no coincidence that Jinger got married on that day! ;) 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Even more appropriate that we commemorate something else!

On the topic of quiver size, Austin is only one of two??? Is that "all god gave them?" Idk if that family has ever commented, but Austin must've at least went full-quiver on JB's questionnaire...

So place your bets then.. Scenario: big enough to know his own mind, Spurgy goes on a vision quest November 5th and guess which totem animal reveals itself...

2 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

So place your bets then.. Scenario: big enough to know his own mind, Spurgy goes on a vision quest November 5th and guess which totem animal reveals itself...

Is Spurgeon Seewald the Chosen One? Will he grow up to rebel against his own family and bring down the Dark Forces (aka fundamentalism)? All I'm saying is, Harry Potter's patronus was a stag....

2 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Arctic wolf because that is what I want mine to be.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Is Spurgeon Seewald the Chosen One? Will he grow up to rebel against his own family and bring down the Dark Forces (aka fundamentalism)? All I'm saying is, Harry Potter's patronus was a stag....

Ok. You've gone too far. Don't you dare besmirch Harry Potter by comparing him to a Fundie (no matter how stinking adorable!!!) :pb_lol:

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

What the... I didn't even realize this until your comment.

JinJer deciding to getting married and move away on the day of Jessa's firstborn's very first birthday baffles me... does anyone recall there being thread discussion on this? I may have missed or forgotten about it.

Maybe it's just me, but at best I find that shitty & inconsiderate, and at worst, yet another red flag on Jeremy and his controlling ways. That reads to me as a possible isolation move; Jinger's supposed to be really close Jessa, and yet they schedule Jinger's Kidult Graduation on Spurgeon's first birthday??? That's really weird, and I have a hard time believing she was the one who suggested that date. 

I can only guess this was Jeremy's idea, which leaves me with ALL SORTS of thoughts, most of which I will keep to myself. I just want to make note of that while I'm paying attention.

I don't find it that weird. There are so many of them that any date is pretty much guaranteed to conflict with someone else's birthday, anniversary, pregnancy announcement, engagement, etc. And a one-year-old is too young to care that their birthday is being overshadowed by their aunt's wedding. I mean, if my sister had a kid I probably wouldn't schedule my wedding for the day of the kid's first birthday, but I only have the one sister, not 18 siblings plus a gazillion extended family members and friends with a billion kids of their own. :pb_lol:

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't find it that weird. There are so many of them that any date is pretty much guaranteed to conflict with someone else's birthday, anniversary, pregnancy announcement, engagement, etc. And a one-year-old is too young to care that their birthday is being overshadowed by their aunt's wedding. I mean, if my sister had a kid I probably wouldn't schedule my wedding for the day of the kid's first birthday, but I only have the one sister, not 18 siblings plus a gazillion extended family members and friends with a billion kids of their own. :pb_lol:

I agree I don't find it all that weird. I have 4 siblings and my husband has 5 siblings so that's still a relatively good amount of dates to work around. Ultimately what I did was track my period out for the year and picked a weekend it wouldn't fall on- no way I was dealing with that on my wedding day and honeymoon! It ended up falling within a day or two of his nephew's birthday and they just celebrated the Sunday after our wedding. Worked out pretty well since out of town relatives who normally wouldn't be here got to come to his party. 

3 hours ago, mizandry said:

What the... I didn't even realize this until your comment.

JinJer deciding to getting married and move away on the day of Jessa's firstborn's very first birthday baffles me... does anyone recall there being thread discussion on this? I may have missed or forgotten about it.

It was discussed endlessly. :pb_lol:

These people are known for having engagements that last about three months. Having a short period of time to plan a wedding means other dates were likely taken - for instance, Derick's brother got married exactly a week after Jinger. Considering he was engaged first, it's likely they had their date picked before JinJer did. And that's not even counting other people they know who may have gotten married or availability at their venues.

There are 19 Duggar offspring and seven (soon to be eight) grandkids. I have no doubt there will be many overlaps in important dates now that more of the adult kids are getting married and spawning.

My uncle's birthday is the 6th of July; one of my cousin's got married on his birthday in 1990. His son got married on July 6th, 2001, it's not a big deal. Spurgeon will have many other birthdays, Jinger will only get married once. With this new generation of Duggar grandkids, there will be plenty of shared birthdays. 

Do the Duggars even celebrate first birthdays? I don't remember ever seeing a first birthday party. So maybe it's not a big deal.

My birthday is on my parent's wedding anniversary.  Granted they were married first but it makes for an interesting day.  

38 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Do the Duggars even celebrate first birthdays? I don't remember ever seeing a first birthday party. So maybe it's not a big deal.

I remember Anna had a big party for Mackynzie.  They made that crazy cake.  It was filmed for the show.  I think that was the first time we met Sierra, is that correct?  

I also see that promo pictures for the new season include Spurgie's birthday party.  

30 minutes ago, JMO said:

I also see that promo pictures for the new season include Spurgie's birthday party.  

OoOOOh where are the promo pics?

36 minutes ago, JMO said:

I remember Anna had a big party for Mackynzie.  They made that crazy cake.  It was filmed for the show.  I think that was the first time we met Sierra, is that correct?  

Mackynzie's party was also when they announced her second pregnancy.

I thought the same thing about the birthday/wedding, but then considered everything everyone else is saying. It's probably impossible to work around that many peoples birthdays, venue availability, plus have a short engagement, plus not interfere with the big holidays everyone celebrates **BIRTH OF JESUS**

I only really remember two birthdays being celebrated from the original show.

One of Jill where she gets to have lunch with just JB and Michelle and they discuss how she got that speeding ticket trying to get to a home birth, and one for Joy Anna where they go rock climbing and she's all wrapped up in that harness tripping and screaming for Michelle and good ole mom of the year apparently doesn't hear her calls for help.

I get the feeling they never celebrated birthdays (except for Jesus) until TLC came along and needed more "events" to film?

Who did Michelle go sky diving with? Was it their birthday? 

@Carm_88 that was Jessa's birthday.  They've shown multiple kids' birthdays.  One of the younger girls had pony rides.  One of the middle boys was taken for a chess set, another got a new bike.  They've said that each kids gets a lunch and present from mom and dad and then they celebrate as a family doing whatever the kid chose.  I think the only noticeably absent party was Jordyn's first.  No mention of that, despite all the filming going on for Josie's birth. 

Oh, and who could forget the party for Jordyn/Josie and Mac when they were all the same age.  I think 5? 6?

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived