IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 6: All Hail Rufus

Destiny

@marmalade, that's what I figured.  I remember when the video was posted right before Christmas.  Poor Jordyn, sharing her birthday month with Christmas and the Holy Child Josie.  

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got a chance to watch the wedding and the honeymoon episodes (oh yeah, Jinger and Jeremy just happened to come across a group of aboriginal men with boomerangs in a random park while carrying a soccer ball that Jinger looked SO ready to play with, whatever. Also, Jeremy, no. Just no with the stupid accent. And every other stupid hick Duggar too ... Ahem.) where they also highlighted Joy's courtship.

The scene where Austin asked Jim-Bob to court Joy and JB asks why Joy made me so sad ... When I met my partner there was an instant attraction. We got on well, and still do, in all kinds of ways. In all kinds of ways we piss each other off with our quirks and oddities but we are getting better at communicating over time. I could tell you many things about her and us, personal and generic, and it would give you a good picture of who she is and why I'm with her.

Austin's first's answer? 'She has a heart for the Lord.' Then says something Gothardy about her character. Then mentions her beauty, but as an afterthought, and as a whole, not even singling out anything, like her hair or her eyes. He could have spoken about any of the females in the Duggar family. This Christianese speak is just so cold and distancing. Just another way of making sure you never get to say 'I love you' before busybodies think you're ready.

10 minutes ago, purjolok84 said:

Austin's first's answer? 'She has a heart for the Lord.' Then says something Gothardy about her character. Then mentions her beauty, but as an afterthought, and as a whole, not even singling out anything, like her hair or her eyes. He could have spoken about any of the females in the Duggar family. This Christianese speak is just so cold and distancing. Just another way of making sure you never get to say 'I love you' before busybodies think you're ready.

He could have been speaking this way about any woman in their world.  Jeremy and even the other two were more effusive in the answers.  I'm trying to push it off on him being a more private person and that could really be true.  But, you are talking about your future wife and helpmeet here, why not say something other than you admire the way she orders her little siblings around??? That's the example you can think of??  

@purjolok84 I don't think they tried to imply that they just happened to run into those guys at the park. It was very clear that it was a planned activity, just like the cooking lesson and visiting kangaroos. 

Unlike Austin the other guys weren't raised with Gothard principles which is maybe why they didn't mention the godly virtues first.

8 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Unlike Austin the other guys weren't raised with Gothard principles which is maybe why they didn't mention the godly virtues first.

Austin's Dad appears to be strict as well. So, I imagine that Austin is pretty much drowning in the koolaid. 

39 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Austin's Dad appears to be strict as well. So, I imagine that Austin is pretty much drowning in the koolaid. 

Which is why I'm not happy about them getting married. Probably no pants for Joy.

21 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Aren't they the family who are obsessed with the book The Purpose Driven Life? So much so that they've devoted their lives to promoting and giving away copies to others? There's not much hope for Austin (or Joy, if they've roped her in to the book pushing).

21 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

@purjolok84 I don't think they tried to imply that they just happened to run into those guys at the park. It was very clear that it was a planned activity, just like the cooking lesson and visiting kangaroos. 

Lol, that I got - the Duggardillardsseewaldvuolos can't do anything unless it comes from a very old and misinterpreted Christian book or a script for money. It was just so cheesy and gross!

I hope they enjoyed ALL their planned activities and the people who were very nice to them. Including the girl with green hair. I would hate to think that there was any judgment of people who were kind and generous with their time.

Joy & Austin are going to go 1 of 2 ways IMO, granted all of them are but, I do think there is more of a 50/50 shot of these 2 being ear deep in the kool aid and totally over the bull shit & they are playing the game to get out. Austin obviously isn't afraid of work, unlike the Duggar's, and Joy seems to be willing to get her hands dirty. but they are getting married 1st and not sure why they would do that? Maybe to get out together or what who knows.  I do have a slight pinch of hope for these two being totally over the fundy cult BS, but I'm mostly more terrified that they will be the worst of them all. 

I don't think Austin and Joy will ever do anything non-fundie BUT I do think they will work hard at whatever they do. Given how much we gripe about the man children and grifting ... I'll grant them that.

It may actually be good that they don't seem ga ga over each other, their expectations are likely more reasonable and I do think they fundamentally like each other so that's good. I think marriages are often built on shakier foundations than that. 

I'd be surprised if Austin isn't controlling, so I am just hoping he isn't a complete psycho. That said, a controlling male patriarch isn't exactly foreign territory for Joy (or any IBLP woman) so it probably won't seem so bad.

On 4/14/2017 at 0:36 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Which is why I'm not happy about them getting married. Probably no pants for Joy.

"Probably no pants for Joy."  Is the funniest thing ever!  No idea why it made me LOL so much. ;-)  But thank you.

She won't be wearing pants.  She has to be JOYfully available.  Haha

On another note,  if I get a future husband,  I'll have him make a YouTube spot so y'all can give me feedback.  

1 hour ago, Jesquire said:

"Probably no pants for Joy."  Is the funniest thing ever!  No idea why it made me LOL so much. ;-)  But thank you.

Well I was actually sad when I wrote it. You make me feel a little better about it. Can't seem to wrap my mind around a fundie tomboy. Simply incredible....

13 hours ago, Jesquire said:

12 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Well I was actually sad when I wrote it. You make me feel a little better about it. Can't seem to wrap my mind around a fundie tomboy. Simply incredible....

Once my grandmother was writing a eulogy type poem for her brother in law. He was a real down-home, farm type guy who wore denim head to toe, 365 days a year.

My grandmother was going to say "Rarely seen without his jeans..."

Quote: On a website called Free Jinger, one person wrote, “I used to think Jessa dressed the best of all of them but ever since she started having babies there are more and more pictures of her dressing more like Jill does. And I know after you have kids you want to wear more comfortable clothes (I have two littles so trust me I know) but her style changed dramatically.”

It's about Jessa, not jinger. 

Yes, so much backlash Yahoo. We are talking about the fact that her wearing pants doesn't matter because her beliefs are the same. It's not the same thing! 

17 hours ago, Pasta said:

Quote: On a website called Free Jinger, one person wrote, “I used to think Jessa dressed the best of all of them but ever since she started having babies there are more and more pictures of her dressing more like Jill does. And I know after you have kids you want to wear more comfortable clothes (I have two littles so trust me I know) but her style changed dramatically.”

It's about Jessa, not jinger. 

Dude they quoted me. I'M FAMOUS!!!!! :56247958035f1_32(18)::56247958035f1_32(18)::56247958035f1_32(18):

2 minutes ago, nst said:

well done - get it framed :D 

I've done many accomplished things in my life but I feel like I need this on my tombstone.

2 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

I've done many accomplished things in my life but I feel like I need this on my tombstone.

I'd feel the same way if I were you! Don't know how my family would react though ;-)

If someone wants to write about actual backlash to one of these fundies doing something non-fundy, they're clearly looking at the wrong website. 

I would frame it, share it on facebook, send it in an email to my friends and family.Lol. I totally didnt see it as backlash at at. After my third was born, I dressed like a comfy granny for months. My friend actually took me to Khols and told me to buy new clothes. I bought a pair of yogas, and a pair of toms. I feel like its my style now. I know I am probably 1 of like, 7 people, but I appreciate that Jessa has discovered tight maternity shirts, and in that, has found her belly button. Someday, somewhere, Joy may not get to wear pants, but I bet she discovers the joys of having her own closet.

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived