IGNORED

Another Duggar Courtship: Joseph and Kendra

front hugs > duggs

31 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

No. They are criticizing Pastor Caldwell and others for not being anti-gay enough. According to these people, Paster Caldwell teaches that gay people are born gay and must remain celibate. Pastor Caldwell is not supportive of gays.

Well, at least it seems a step above the robocall. There's no way this family was going to go for anything further than that :pb_lol:

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Mr. and Mrs. Caldwell look young. :pb_eek:

1545986_767634719930681_1163830472_n.jpg

OMFG am I the only one who thinks this couple mirrors the crazy anti-vampire religious nuts from second season of True Blood?!?!?!

(says the person who just recently starting watching this series and has only made it into the second season so PLEASE NO SPOILERS!)

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Wait, wait, Gil and Kelly jealous of Jim Bob and Michelle for getting rid of their kids in marriage quickly? Until just recently, Gil and Kelly were moving along at a much faster clip than the Duggars. They're about even now, I'd say.

I keep a Duggars vs. Bateses spreadsheet, actually, so I can tell you where exactly each family is.

-Each family has 19 kids.

-The Duggars have 4 married kids (Josh, Jill, Jessa, Jinger). The Bateses have 4 married kids (Zach, Michael, Erin, Alyssa).

-One Duggar kid is currently pregnant (Jill). Zero Bates kids are currently pregnant.

-One Duggar kid is currently engaged (Joy). Zero Bates kids are currently engaged.

-One Duggar kid is currently courting (Joseph). One Bates kid is currently courting (Tori).

-The Duggars have 7 grandchildren (Mackynzie, Michael, Marcus, Meredith, Israel, Spurgeon, Henry). The Bateses have 6 grandchildren (Bradley, Kaci, Carson, Brooklyn, Allie, Lexi).

You forgot the independent jobs aside from the Family Show.

Duggars: 1- Jinjer's congregation of 6 families.

Bates: >1

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

how do we know Jinge's congregation has 6 families...I thought because of her there would more by now. 

Soooo.....are the Duggar sons just going to marry preachers' daughters and the girls will be stuck with preachers or wannabe preachers? Can anyone outside of these two categories get an okay from the Boob? I hope some Grand Duggars make a break from fundamentalism because I lost faith any of the current family members will.  We will see more slip ups like Joshley scandal #2 but I want someone to just walk away from it and acknowledge it isn't healthy. 

5 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Soooo.....are the Duggar sons just going to marry preachers' daughters and the girls will be stuck with preachers or wannabe preachers? Can anyone outside of these two categories get an okay from the Boob? I hope some Grand Duggars make a break from fundamentalism because I lost faith any of the current family members will.  We will see more slip ups like Joshley scandal #2 but I want someone to just walk away from it and acknowledge it isn't healthy. 

JB and his money packing schemes will have to be out of the picture before anyone walks away.

I'm keeping my eye on the Vuolos- did they really request no Duggar visitors for 6 months???If so, pretty ballsy. Also, did they make a appearance at any of the recent Duggars holiday festivities {Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day}?

Also a weird thing about the Duggars- JB and M want to control all their offspring, yet they do not seem overly attached to any of them. For example, neither parent seems to make a fuss when one of the kids is missing from an event.

Everything about the dynamics of this family is odd and bordering on dysfunctional.

15 hours ago, season of life said:

Wow. 37 and 39. There are people around this age having their first or second child...and the Caldwells have seven. Guinn and Michael Seewald were young too, but they don't look as baby-faced as Paul or Christina.

I didn't have my first (and only child) until I was in my 30's. I had a friend in high school who had a baby senior year. It was always so weird to think that she could easily be a grandma at the same time I have a toddler. (She's not yet though.)  It's just totally bizarre to me.

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

No. They are criticizing Pastor Caldwell and others for not being anti-gay enough. According to these people, Paster Caldwell teaches that gay people are born gay and must remain celibate. Pastor Caldwell is not supportive of gays.

I thought his church was passing out pamphlets about how homosexuals don't exist though.

Wow if gays aren't real, my friend count was just slashed by 80% LOL 

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

JB and his money packing schemes will have to be out of the picture before anyone walks away.

I'm keeping my eye on the Vuolos- did they really request no Duggar visitors for 6 months???If so, pretty ballsy. Also, did they make a appearance at any of the recent Duggars holiday festivities {Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day}?

Also a weird thing about the Duggars- JB and M want to control all their offspring, yet they do not seem overly attached to any of them. For example, neither parent seems to make a fuss when one of the kids is missing from an event.

Everything about the dynamics of this family is odd and bordering on dysfunctional.

I think once they got past a certain number Michelle stopped really bonding with the kids. She was their 'buddy' for a bit then passed them on. The same thing happened with homeschooling. I think over time the kids just got on with it and JB and Michelle got less involved. JB seems to get more emotional at the weddings than M as she seems fixated on Josie. I think post Josie/Jubilee M has massively struggled and reports were Joshgate hit her far harder than JB. When it comes to birthdays etc they have very little unique to say about their kids. I genuinely think I could write more person specific birthday messages than them just from watching the shows because they have too many kids to really pay attention to each one.

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think that Joseph always wanted someone quiet, and they look genuinely happy.  As far as supporting a family...won't surprise me if Joseph is  the one being groomed to eventually run the family "business".  Jim Bob has always seemed really fond of him, Josh is out of the question and JD's busy, and everyone seems to like him/no scandals.

I don't believe they've known each other for a short time.  Hasn't Kendra's dad been on the show during previous seasons?  And if they've attended the same church, they weren't strangers.

** MEEK**

Sooo, I had my first child young. I had prepared myself for the possibility of being a grandma in my thirties. Thankfully, I don't think that will happen since oldest child does not feel ready/plan on being ready for marriage for some time. I do, however, worry about having children at the same time as grandchildren. It's just weird And I'd like to be available to go be my child's slave when they have a child, which isn't so easy when you have your own baby. When FJ expresses general disapproval over the young grandparents/simultaneous babies and grandbabies thing, it just brings up all those feelings for me. I'm still young enough that high school friends are just having first babies and I'm over here thinking about grandchildren.  Sorry for the ramble, sleepy morning thoughts being expressed to my FJ therapists. ;-)

also, @VeganCupcake. Seriously. Say what you will about Guinn Seeeald's personality, she is a beautiful lady. She doesn't look "rough". 

Same. My mom got pregnant with me when she and my dad were 17. I got pregnant with my first at 16. So they were both 35 and grandparents.

I was actually pregnant at the same time as my mom and step mom with my first and then my second and I have siblings younger than my youngest daughter.

I'm now 29 with a 12 year old and if she follows my footsteps m parents can be great grandparents at 52. I hope this isn't the case, but you never know.

All this judgey "they're just babies" stuff makes me a little uncomfortable because it's actually historically the norm for people to get married and have babies young, not in their mid to late 30s. I'm glad I had my kids young, I can't imagine being 45 with an 8 year old.

10 minutes ago, unicorncastle said:

All this judgey "they're just babies" stuff makes me a little uncomfortable because it's actually historically the norm for people to get married and have babies young, not in their mid to late 30s. I'm glad I had my kids young, I can't imagine being 45 with an 8 year old.

You do realize that the human lifespan, especially in developed countries, is much longer now than in the past, right?  And that just because something is "historically the norm" doesn't mean it is optimum today, or ever desirable?

If you are bothered that many of us believe that two marginally educated, extremely sheltered, young people with little or no real life job skills, uncertain employment, and very little experience with either critical thinking, or the opposite sex, are not the best prospects for marriage, FJ may not be the right place for you.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Doesn't Austin make his own money thought?? He seems like the most financially stable out of the husbands, alongside Jeremy 

You do realize that the human lifespan, especially in developed countries, is much longer now than in the past, right?  And that just because something is "historically the norm" doesn't mean it is optimum today, or ever desirable?
If you are bothered that many of us believe that two marginally educated, extremely sheltered, young people with little or no real life job skills, uncertain employment, and very little experience with either critical thinking, or the opposite sex, are not the best prospects for marriage, FJ may not be the right place for you.

Oh man. I had no idea, whatever would I have done without you?

The average age for marriage throughout American history is still higher than when the Duggars are getting married- throughout the 18th and 19th century, it was in the early-mid 20s for women, and mid-late 20s for men. Not late teens and early 20s for women and early twenties for men. This was of course the average, and there were exceptions both older and younger. It was much more common for the aristocracy or the wealthy to marry young in the past, in order to secure resources and produce heirs. Us normal people didn't have to worry about that so much, so the age of lower and middle-class marriages was a few years later than the upper-class :)

That being said, I don't think it matters a whit what age the Duggars marry. Mentally and emotionally, they are immature, because of their sheltered upbringing. Just hearing Kendra Caldwell speak... maybe she's awkward on camera or something, but she seemed child-like. Their cult has no transition period, no teenagerhood- you're a child, completely dependent on mom and dad, and then bam, you're married and having babies. I know sixteen year old who are more mature than the Duggar daughters. Even if they waited until the future Mrs. Duggar was 25, she'd still have the same maturity level, I think. Especially because she's a woman- that means she's even more infantilized, even more "protected". It's nuts.

So Kendras mum and I are the same age, but she looks younger. We both have toddlers, but she also has six other children and could quite possibly become a grandma next year. 

I wish I aged as well as her but I guess I don't believe in Jesus enough and am being punished with overweight, wrinkles and grey hairs. 

21 hours ago, Kira said:

I don't think Joe and Kendra will have a long courtship. I predict they'll be engaged by late summer or fall and married in the winter. We thought Joy would have a long courtship. I wonder if the reason Ben and Jessa had a long courtship is because it was outed too soon.

Maybe they just didn't know that would be the ratings boost that it was.  So it was moving at a more natural speed.  And then Jill got courted, which I've always felt was more off-book so to speak than Jessa's, and they realized they had ratings gold for them, for a while. So why not churn them out? Or as Michelle says "The multiplication process" in her baby voice. Since she doesn't multiply...

They want total control, or at least Boob does, Michelle is too far out in space to give two shits about anything other than what her headship tells her too.  They want control over them and want others to do their bidding but they don't want to put any work into making sure that the bots are being properly cared for.  This is eventually going to blow up in his face, has he has over 200 people to support on  a couple hundred thousand dollars that won't last long and TLC will be long gone.  Its already a proven fact that this kids cannot function away from TTH, we still need to wait and see on Jinger. I think if Jeremy isn't  a serial killer (This is a I watch too much Criminal Minds so everyone is a serial killer IMO sarcasm not toe be taken serious)  Jinger will be fine Perhaps JD Jana and Joy & Austin, IF Austin keeps up his hard work, JD won't let anything bad happen to Jana, he'll take care of her if she never marries.  

TL:DR but 3 or 4 of the Duggar kids are FUCKED if they don't start getting real jobs real soon. 

Ooh. I've missed something. Did they request no Duggar visitors? Where did we hear this? 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I could give a shite about the marriage, that can be dissolved, but the parenting aspect is very important.

If you're so stupid that you require an accountability buddy 24/7/365 lest you make a bad or independent decision or choice,  you're too limited to be a parent.

4 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Ooh. I've missed something. Did they request no Duggar visitors? Where did we hear this? 

On one of the recent episodes, Ben and Jessa had a TH about it. He said something about visiting, and she piped up that "They said no visitors for 6 months."

Just now, CreationMuseumCurator said:

On one of the recent episodes, Ben and Jessa had a TH about it. He said something about visiting, and she piped up that "They said no visitors for 6 months."

I must have tuned out.  Thanks!

7 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Jessa mentioned it in a Talking Head.

1 hour ago, unicorncastle said:

Same. My mom got pregnant with me when she and my dad were 17. I got pregnant with my first at 16. So they were both 35 and grandparents.

I was actually pregnant at the same time as my mom and step mom with my first and then my second and I have siblings younger than my youngest daughter.

I'm now 29 with a 12 year old and if she follows my footsteps m parents can be great grandparents at 52. I hope this isn't the case, but you never know.

I was 45 with a 5-year-old (and also an 11-year-old and a 9-year-old). It was great. My husband and I were settled in our jobs with more patience and more money than we had had fifteen years before, and if not with more time, certainly with better time-management skills. I cringe to think of the type of mother the 18-year-old me would have been, and I was educated and not sheltered.

This is not to say that young parents can't do a good job, though I have serious doubts about the ultra-sheltered, uneducated Duggar types. But I laugh when younger parents sneer at older moms like me. They should be so lucky.

2 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I must have tuned out.  Thanks!

To be fair, it is pretty hard to stay focused for a whole episode. :bedtime:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived