IGNORED

Another Duggar Courtship: Joseph and Kendra

front hugs > duggs

I like Joe but I don't think he can "carry" an episode, he's so quiet. Plus how many times do we need to see permission for courting asked, permission given, courtship offered, courtship accepted, courtship rules explained. I am pretty sure we have all got it. The only ones I am interested in learning about are Jana and John David, and if they have anything going on in their lives, they're not telling. I guess Jana's tattoo parlor is on hold indefinitely as she said in the clip show they would work on it after Jinger's wedding. Now that, I would like to see. What will the tattoo parlor be?  Sadly, I think it's a tax write off as some of you have already discussed. Fundie women can't have a business of their own, can they? Anyway, good luck to Joe and Kendra but holy cow, she is way too young. 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I don't get the promise ring thing. He'll be buying an engagement ring in short order, why not just save the money towards that? 

I bet Mechelle gave him an old ring once he made his intentions known. I always wondered if the girls kept their purity rings (that also supposedly came from Mechelle) after they were engaged? 

I mean, let's face it, Duggars, they be cheap. 

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I bet Mechelle gave him an old ring once he made his intentions known. I always wondered if the girls kept their purity rings (that also supposedly came from Mechelle) after they were engaged? 

Is it sad that I find that scenario terribly sentimental and romantic? Because I do...

3 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I never saw a purity ring on Jill and Jessa

The Duggars' lives are like a conveyor belt in a factory. 19 people melded into one.

Court

Engagement

Wedding

Baby

Court

Engagement

Wedding

Baby

Lather, Rinse Repeat.

23 minutes ago, nst said:

I never saw a purity ring on Jill and Jessa

Jessa and Joy, no, but I remember Jill, Jinger, and Jana all with rings at some point. Jinger's wound up on her middle finger, I guess to her weight loss. I think Jana still wears a ring, and Jill wore hers up to her courtship (maybe engagement). They aren't usually worn on the ring finger and often on the right hand...I suppose Daddy is right, hubby is left? I have no clue there. But with the Duggar girls, it's been really inconsistent. 

Mechelle's claim about giving the four oldest old rings she had bought at a pawn shop to give to them came from one of their books. It might have even been the "girls'"book. I just remember thinking this claim was weird, since Mechelle is not a ring-wearer. She overplayed her hand once, showing off a gaudy wedding set, but when the cameras roll, she wears the "modest" gold band. 

I always wondered why they couldn't just admit that they bought rings for the girls rather than claiming Mechelle gifted them when no one had ever seen them before. Why give rings to a person who never wears them? 

Every time I read Joe & Kendra, I think Lt. Joe Kenda, Homicide Hunter.

Joe Kenda2.jpg

I thought Jill was wearing hers when Derick proposed? I seem to remember her taking it off and moving it to her other hand, before Derick put the engagement ring on.

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The Duggars' lives are like a conveyor belt in a factory. 19 people melded into one.

Court

Engagement

Wedding

Baby

Court

Engagement

Wedding

Baby

Lather, Rinse Repeat.

Every time I see this phrase I just think of the wonderful Phoebe Buffay:

IMG_1472.GIF

1 hour ago, season of life said:

They look good after having 7 kids. They are definitely young.

I don't think any Duggar kids will court a Bates until much later. Lawson didn't court Jinger, neither did Carlin... For all that speculation, I think the courtships will not overlap a lot with these two families.

Gosh they look like babies. The wife doesn't look older than 35....

4 minutes ago, Englandgirl2491 said:

I thought Jill was wearing hers when Derick proposed? I seem to remember her taking it off and moving it to her other hand, before Derick put the engagement ring on.

I included Jill in my YES column. :)

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

I included Jill in my YES column. :)

Sorry must have mis-read it. (it's 3;30am my time) :)

10 minutes ago, Englandgirl2491 said:

and because you are new :)

- i just rewatched that scene and she did indeed. 

they looked so different 

I may be nuts and misremembering this, but I remember the purity ring story told as the four older girls decided they wanted purity rings and picked ones out from Michelle's jewelry box. Someone (Jana?) had a sapphire and Jill's was plain gold. 

Damn, why do I remember the mundane details of their crazy pants lives but can't remember where I parked my car in a lot? :my_confused:

ETA: Joy got hers after menarche, I just recalled. Wish I hadn't. :8U:

Second edit: Found collaborating evidence. Apparently Jessa had the plain gold band, Jill a pearl, Jana a sapphire, and Jinger a diamond. Still no explanation on why I have retained this information.  

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1032430-jana-duggar-quotes-from-oldest-daughter-of-jim-bob-and-michelle-age-engaged-single-or-married/

4 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Gosh they look like babies. The wife doesn't look older than 35....

It's Arkansas. She could marry at 16 with parental consent. So, 35 at the low end. But do we know how old this picture is?

3 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Maybe a little ratings boost, depending on how much personality J'Kendra does or doesn't have. The Duggar girls are stale and boring. I can't tell if they're hiding things or if they're sincerely as dull as they appear. Maybe a new girl will freshen things up a bit. I think Joe is likable so far, but he has been given such limited air time, it's too early to tell. 

That's what happens when you have the personality beat out of you from a young age and you're trained to be another brick in the wall.

So how many littles (not legally old enough to marry) does this leave with Tweedle Dug and Tweedle Duggar in the TTH?  He must be chomping at the bit to get all of the older ones married off (except CinderJana of course) 

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

That's the million dollar question.  We only get a sense of what JD does.  The rest must be running some covert operation.  We know Josiah is learning to fly and the twins are into flipping cars but Joe is a mystery man.

I don't get how "flipping cars" can be an actual profitable career.  Flipping houses I get because houses are an investment and generally increase in value.  Cars? Uh, no.  So they take wrecks, fix them themselves, repaint them, maybe take the stains out of the upholstery, put in a new radio?  The profit margin per car must be really small.  But on this we expect to support 19 children?  In what universe is that possible?

8 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I agree with others. I want to see what a Duggar Boy gets from TLC. So basically there's going to be 2 weddings this year.

Well if her parents have any gumption they'll say "we're paying for the wedding and it's going to be 100 people and only what my daughter wants."

I'm more freaked out by Kendra's parents' age than by Joe and Kendra's ages. They look happy enough, but are definitely more at the "Yay, everyone knows I have a boyfriend!" stage than the "Yes, I am ready to make a lifetime commitment" stage. She's very soft-spoken compared to the Duggars. God help her if she ever visits the Bates. I'll bet Joe came back from Tennessee with "quiet" at the top of his "character qualities I'm looking for" list. Did it sound like Austin introduced the Caldwells to the Duggars? No wonder they were all hanging out at Jinger's wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the twins is getting to know Kendra's sister Lauren. They'll have lots of chaperoning and wedding party time together.  Also, Josiah is meant to marry Kendra's sister Jesiah, even if there's a huge age gap.

The parents really are babies...The husband could pass for later 30s but his wife looks early to mid 30.  They must have had Kendra as very young teenagers like 15 or 16 I'd guess. The parents look closer in age to Josh and Anna than JB and Michelle...

IMG_5953.JPG

9 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

The parents really are babies...The husband could pass for later 30s but his wife looks early to mid 30.  They must have had Kendra as very young teenagers like 15 or 16 I'd guess. The parents look closer in age to Josh and Anna than JB and Michelle...

IMG_5953.JPG

I did some free White Pages sleuthing (I assume this is okay since it's all publicaly available info?).  Per the White Pages, Paul G Caldwell is 39 and Christina M Caldwell is 37. So if Kendra is just 18, then he was around 21 and she was around 19 when Kendra was born and thus Christina was presumably 18 at the oldest on marriage. They definitely don't have anything against marrying young, since they definitely did so just like JB and Michelle did.

7 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

So does the Caldwell family live close to the Duggars? Interesting to me is that Ben and Derrick came to and stayed in the Duggar location. Why wouldn't a Duggar boy go live close to his wife's family? Or is it mandated that no matter who marries, whether it be boy or girl, they have to come live close to the Duggars? Except of course Jeremy and Jinger. He is his own man and has a life and career.

It's like a giant black hole that sucks every fundie in the universe into it.  Once in its orbit, there's no return.  "Abandon hope ye who enter here."

6 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@Dogalog I love Pentecost and Palestina. Way to go. This could be a career for you naming FundieBabies. Ha ha

@dogalog Heck that's so good I want to have twins and name them Pentecost and Palestina. 

Maybe TLC will "give" her a "personality" for the show. Like how Ben is the dumb one.

6 hours ago, CreationMuseumCurator said:

Just watched the TLCme video. She's so quiet! Poor thing's never going to be heard in the Duggar house.

I wish them the best. Granted, my idea of "the best" is probably radically different from theirs...

Problem is, she's just a teen who's happy to be able to text a boy.  She doesn't quite grasp that in Duggarland, being able to text a boy means you're on the lightning bolt train to marriage and 19 children.  Poor thing.  All she wants to do is text a boy. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived