IGNORED

Another Duggar Courtship: Joseph and Kendra

front hugs > duggs

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Maybe TLC will "give" her a "personality" for the show. Like how Ben is the dumb one.

This is rather hysterical!!! Full points on this one!!!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember being excited to play spin the bottle when I was 12. Being excited for side hugs at 18. Whoa, dream big.

Maybe it's already been said, but am I the only one who couldn't even hear Kendra's "meek" voice over the background music? I mean I couldn't even make out one word. It was like a spoof of a courtship announcement. 

she seems awkward like anna was on earlier episodes, but then anna really grew into her own once they moved to DC. let's hope the same for kendra, obviously without the scandals and popping out babies every 2 years...

her mom is really pretty.

2 hours ago, faraway said:

I have a feeling Gil and Kelly are not dying for one of their kids to court a Duggar after Joshgate.

Joe and Kendra do not strike me as good reality tv material, even their announcement video is boring. 

She definitely seems uncomfortable and quiet in front of the camera. But I think Anna was kind of like that at first too. So who knows. Maybe there is hope for her to be more than a wet blanket. I won't hold my breath though.

Wow, I really got a chill looking at the picture of the Caldwells. The pastor is about my husband's age and we are just starting to think about a family, never mind having an 18 yr old. Of course lots of people have children young. I think it's more that this would be the normal or expected picture of the parents of an 18 yr old in their world. In my world it's the picture of a couple starting a family. (The other part is me coming to terms with my age lol). No wonder her parents are fine with Kendra starting a teenage courtship.

I do wonder how they will explain Joe's provider role. But if Ben could claim to do it then he can. Probably something about working in the family business.

I absolutely agree with the comments that Kendra sounds more like she has a new boyfriend than potential husband. I can kind of imagine how terrifically exciting it would all be for her. A courtship with an attractive TV star from a wealthy family! It probably seems like a day dream and she hasn't really processed what it will mean in reality. I imagine lots of giggling, screaming and jumping on the bed with her girlfriends. I mean that's the age she actually is for all intents and purposes. 

But I can only wish them well and hope they share real affection and love for each other as a married couple, when this inevitably gets there. 

They've known each other all of six months, and any time spent together has been in the company of about 48 other people including one or more parent.  So clearly that's enough to now be engaged, which is what this is, because he gave her a promise ring "to wait for her until marriage."  So the first boy you talk to in a crowd you have to marry.   And this is different from marrying off a girl in a village in Pakistan ... um, how exactly?

Okay, slight exaggeration. BUT NOT MUCH!!!

Wow. 37 and 39. There are people around this age having their first or second child...and the Caldwells have seven. Guinn and Michael Seewald were young too, but they don't look as baby-faced as Paul or Christina.

I already said this last year; there may be two Duggar weddings in 2017, Joy and Joseph.

Joy's is probably late May early June, Joseph might get married very late in the year, december maybe?

Michelle had a child every 16 to 18 months on average. So they need to get married at that rate, too, to stay in line :-). with Josh getting married in 2008 they need to catch up a little bit.

4 hours ago, Kira said:

2. I also read a rumor that Jed or Jeremiah is courting Kendra's sister?

Yes, Lauren was seen standing next to Jedediah in a couple of frames and pictures.

2 hours ago, season of life said:

Wow. 37 and 39. There are people around this age having their first or second child...and the Caldwells have seven. Guinn and Michael Seewald were young too, but they don't look as baby-faced as Paul or Christina.

They look SO young. I am 35 so these sets of parents being only a few years older than me is terrifying. 

However, this is the point of Quivers. Start young and have as many as possible. They are building God's army.

I did attempt the search function, but couldn't find it. How many children do Paul and Christina Caldwell have, and how old are they? I just know the names of Kendra and Lauren. 

17 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

I did attempt the search function, but couldn't find it. How many children do Paul and Christina Caldwell have, and how old are they? I just know the names of Kendra and Lauren. 

Seven, Kendra is the oldest, youngest is a toddler. Their names and ages are on their dads church's website, lighthouse baptist

4 hours ago, metheglyn said:

I did some free White Pages sleuthing (I assume this is okay since it's all publicaly available info?).  Per the White Pages, Paul G Caldwell is 39 and Christina M Caldwell is 37. So if Kendra is just 18, then he was around 21 and she was around 19 when Kendra was born and thus Christina was presumably 18 at the oldest on marriage. They definitely don't have anything against marrying young, since they definitely did so just like JB and Michelle did.

SHe looks like Amanda Wilkes nee Neely

4 hours ago, luxfilia said:

Maybe it's already been said, but am I the only one who couldn't even hear Kendra's "meek" voice over the background music? I mean I couldn't even make out one word. It was like a spoof of a courtship announcement. 

I couldn't hear her at first too, had to turn up the sound and thus the music. I'd say she's an Anna-type personality. She'll grow into the camera's. Unlike Marjory who was about to jump out of your tv at any time. Not sure which I prefer...:). 

She sure does seem as happy about this as any 12yo given a iPhone for the first time. "I can text now!", you just have to show it to your parents every now and then. 

In talk of the Duggars multiplying so quickly, it reminded me of the campaign to spay your cats. In a few generations, if all 19 kids have 19 children, and they have 19 children that's 6859 in 3 generations!

Start with one young breeding pair. Assume they will have two litters of kittens a year, that 2.8 kittens in the litter will survive, and the cats will breed for 10 years. Factor in all the cats born into the formula and this is how overpopulation occurs:

Year 1: 12 
Year 2: 66 
Year 3: 382 
Year 4: 2,201 
Year 5: 12,680 
Year 6: 73,041 
Year 7: 420,715 
Year 8: 2,423,316 
Year 9: 13,968,290 
Year 10: 80,399,780

Wow. I should not be surprised as a lot of us already speculated about them but DAMN! They will be engaged too very soon. I am still in the camp that Joy and Austin were or were as good as) already  engaged when they announced the courtship. The Duggar train is getting faster. 

:TrainWreckMotion:

9 hours ago, Markie said:

Is it bad that as soon as I saw that Joe was a'court'n I came to check out Free Jinger? They look nice together as a couple. Shame about their belief system. 

That's what I always do! 

7 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I don't get the promise ring thing. He'll be buying an engagement ring in short order, why not just save the money towards that? 

Maybe they really are planning a long courtship. I hope so!

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

The parents really are babies...The husband could pass for later 30s but his wife looks early to mid 30.  They must have had Kendra as very young teenagers like 15 or 16 I'd guess. The parents look closer in age to Josh and Anna than JB and Michelle...

IMG_5953.JPG

Wow, that's crazy! I would say she looks younger than Sierra, and she is still in her 20s! 

3 hours ago, jqlgoblue said:

They look SO young. I am 35 so these sets of parents being only a few years older than me is terrifying. 

However, this is the point of Quivers. Start young and have as many as possible. They are building God's army.

Yes, they do look young. I'm 32 and the mother looks younger than me. I would have guessed she is 28 or something. I suspect they are not done having children, 1 or 2 might follow.

On another note. Ben's parents are very young, too. Wasn't his mother also only 38 when he started courting Jessa? I assumed back then that they are not done having children, but apparently they were because now, with Guinn being 42, chances are much lower.

15 hours ago, jacduggar said:

The best bet for the Duggar kidults is to use their fan base to build businesses. But none of them have the knowledge or experience to do that.

So true. Jill/Jessa have over 1 million IG followers (probably share most of them). That's a huge audience to market to. 

44 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

On another note. Ben's parents are very young, too. Wasn't his mother also only 38 when he started courting Jessa? I assumed back then that they are not done having children, but apparently they were because now, with Guinn being 42, chances are much lower.

If that's true then she was a rough 38. Lol. She looks older than Mullet to me. 

1 hour ago, meowmeow19 said:

In talk of the Duggars multiplying so quickly, it reminded me of the campaign to spay your cats. In a few generations, if all 19 kids have 19 children, and they have 19 children that's 6859 in 3 generations!

I just hope their future generations keep track of who is related to whom so they don't accidentally end up inbreeding. I'm dead ass serious. 

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

Yes, they do look young. I'm 32 and the mother looks younger than me. I would have guessed she is 28 or something. I suspect they are not done having children, 1 or 2 might follow.

But Guinn's youngest at the time was like 5 years old. I guess I always assumed they weren't "open to more blessings" like the Duggars. 

And just imagine, that blonde who looks like she's in her twenties will probably become a grandmother in 2018 or 2019. 

18 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

I just hope their future generations keep track of who is related to whom so they don't accidentally end up inbreeding. I'm dead ass serious. 

This is exactly what I was thinking about. When you live in such a strict and small community, and the only people you ever meet are people you go to church with (since you're being homeschooled), and everyone stays relatively put in the same area, so everyone gets their potential mates out of the same small pond, then at a certain point - although the pond might be bigger because everyone spawns like crazy - isn't everyone somehow related?
How do you prevent inbreeding in very strict and fairly closed-off communities? Granted, Jinger marrying Jeremy, someone from outside of the pond, shows that fresh blood is sometimes added into the mix. But is this the rule or is this the exception? And how do the even more strict communities, like the Amish or the Hutterites, do this? 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived