IGNORED

Another Duggar Courtship: Joseph and Kendra

front hugs > duggs

12 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

To be fair, I actually loved the first 4 seasons. Then I 100% agree. Biggest trainwreck ever. I think only The Walking Dead is coming close to matching a show with a gigantic drop in quality like that. 

Now who's going to be the "Jason" in the Caldwell scenario? The one that says "I felt Heaven...inside your wife." then punches him in the face. :pb_lol:

Completely agree. I kind of loved it after it went off the rails, too. I should probably clarify that train wreck is basically a term of endearment for me when it comes to TV. True Blood, Dexter, Weeds, The Walking Dead, 19KAC...just can't get enough. 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Josie will run off with Jeb or Jud. I really wanted loud , silly, short skirt wearing Carlin up in the Duggar house though ! She would have rocked that ship!

Ha! Me too, imagine Carlin tellin' everybody like it is. Although maybe loud Carlin would have been crushed at the Duggars.

Watch this courtship get to the altar pretty fast, Jim Boob is not gonna let this one fail like Josiah and Marjorie. I feel sorry for Kendra but at least she didn't end up with a Joshie (or so it seems).

"Hey J Kid Number Six. Or Seven. We forget which one you are. Y'all look alike. Anyways, thanks for takin' one for the team by volunteerin' as the next tribute for Team Duggar. It's real swell of you and that blonde girl you're courtin' to help keep us relevant like that. We look forward to watchin' y'all be sacrificed on the altars of matrimony and parenthood just as soon as we sacrifice your sister. Go with Gothard and remember - front hugs and handholding are for hussies!"

If his parents don't release an awkward video saying exactly this - while he's standing right next to them - then I will riot. Riot I say!!!

I was just about to make a joke that the Gil and Kelly must be jealous that Michelle and JB are getting rid of their kids so quickly through these fast marriages. Then I realized that although their kids are moving out of the Duggar house, it doesn't mean they aren't relying on the TV show anymore. All of the married couples so far depend upon fame/Counting On for a paycheck. I know Jeremy has a job as a pastor, but I'm sure they are getting some money from being on the show.

30 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

"Hey J Kid Number Six. Or Seven. We forget which one you are. Y'all look alike. Anyways, thanks for takin' one for the team by volunteerin' as the next tribute for Team Duggar. It's real swell of you and that blonde girl you're courtin' to help keep us relevant like that. We look forward to watchin' y'all be sacrificed on the altars of matrimony and parenthood just as soon as we sacrifice your sister. Go with Gothard and remember - front hugs and handholding are for hussies!"

If his parents don't release an awkward video saying exactly this - while he's standing right next to them - then I will riot. Riot I say!!!

I'll hold your baby while you do, I'm to old for that shit, plus ,I love babies. :) 

5 minutes ago, season of life said:

I was just about to make a joke that the Gil and Kelly must be jealous that Michelle and JB are getting rid of their kids so quickly through these fast marriages. Then I realized that although their kids are moving out of the Duggar house, it doesn't mean they aren't relying on the TV show anymore. All of the married couples so far depend upon fame/Counting On for a paycheck. I know Jeremy has a job as a pastor, but I'm sure they are getting some money from being on the show.

In Fundie comparison, Gil and Kelly are doing much better with their married kids. JB supports like 30 people. Gil doesn't.

5 minutes ago, season of life said:

Wait, wait, Gil and Kelly jealous of Jim Bob and Michelle for getting rid of their kids in marriage quickly? Until just recently, Gil and Kelly were moving along at a much faster clip than the Duggars. They're about even now, I'd say.

I keep a Duggars vs. Bateses spreadsheet, actually, so I can tell you where exactly each family is.

-Each family has 19 kids.

-The Duggars have 4 married kids (Josh, Jill, Jessa, Jinger). The Bateses have 4 married kids (Zach, Michael, Erin, Alyssa).

-One Duggar kid is currently pregnant (Jill). Zero Bates kids are currently pregnant.

-One Duggar kid is currently engaged (Joy). Zero Bates kids are currently engaged.

-One Duggar kid is currently courting (Joseph). One Bates kid is currently courting (Tori).

-The Duggars have 7 grandchildren (Mackynzie, Michael, Marcus, Meredith, Israel, Spurgeon, Henry). The Bateses have 6 grandchildren (Bradley, Kaci, Carson, Brooklyn, Allie, Lexi).

I think that Joseph always wanted someone quiet, and they look genuinely happy.  As far as supporting a family...won't surprise me if Joseph is  the one being groomed to eventually run the family "business".  Jim Bob has always seemed really fond of him, Josh is out of the question and JD's busy, and everyone seems to like him/no scandals.

I don't believe they've known each other for a short time.  Hasn't Kendra's dad been on the show during previous seasons?  And if they've attended the same church, they weren't strangers.

Sooo, I had my first child young. I had prepared myself for the possibility of being a grandma in my thirties. Thankfully, I don't think that will happen since oldest child does not feel ready/plan on being ready for marriage for some time. I do, however, worry about having children at the same time as grandchildren. It's just weird And I'd like to be available to go be my child's slave when they have a child, which isn't so easy when you have your own baby. When FJ expresses general disapproval over the young grandparents/simultaneous babies and grandbabies thing, it just brings up all those feelings for me. I'm still young enough that high school friends are just having first babies and I'm over here thinking about grandchildren.  Sorry for the ramble, sleepy morning thoughts being expressed to my FJ therapists. ;-)

also, @VeganCupcake. Seriously. Say what you will about Guinn Seeeald's personality, she is a beautiful lady. She doesn't look "rough". 

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

Well, to me Sierra looks older than her years.

I can't believe this lady is younger than me (2 years) and has an 18 year old, wtf!!!! That just blows my mind.  (And it was a baby out of a marriage, not a teenage whoops, which happens)

I agree, she looks a lot older than she is. 

JillRod has to be around the same age as Mrs. Caldwell, right? That's also someone who doesn't look her age...or her time. 

1 minute ago, OyToTheVey said:

In Fundie comparison, Gil and Kelly are doing much better with their married kids. JB supports like 30 people. Gil doesn't.

Exactly! I think JB must really like controlling everyone's finances/futures this way because if it were me, I would be completely exhausted at the thought of having to provide for all those couples.

5 hours ago, Marly said:

This is exactly what I was thinking about. When you live in such a strict and small community, and the only people you ever meet are people you go to church with (since you're being homeschooled), and everyone stays relatively put in the same area, so everyone gets their potential mates out of the same small pond, then at a certain point - although the pond might be bigger because everyone spawns like crazy - isn't everyone somehow related?
How do you prevent inbreeding in very strict and fairly closed-off communities? Granted, Jinger marrying Jeremy, someone from outside of the pond, shows that fresh blood is sometimes added into the mix. But is this the rule or is this the exception? And how do the even more strict communities, like the Amish or the Hutterites, do this? 

It's a problem in Amish communities ... so they've started "busing" to other Amish communities in other states to have mixers with young people.  Seriously.

12 minutes ago, season of life said:

Exactly! I think JB must really like controlling everyone's finances/futures this way because if it were me, I would be completely exhausted at the thought of having to provide for all those couples.

The Bates kids have done better "leaving & cleaving" the Dugger's  are lingering & clinging to their parents.  But Boob didn't raise his kids to be independent, he raised them to be dependent on him, and Jill & Josh are proof of this, we'll see about Jinger, but so far the only 2 who've dared move out from under his umbrella aren't fairing so well. Jill in SCA and well Smugger is his own problem. Jessa seems OK but she's still living at TTH for the most part. 

I'm glad a duggar male is finally courting. It was very weird that Boobchelle was only selling off the females. It is interesting though that it is Joe and not John since we know how John is such a Fundie catch. The twins must be truly waiting for their sibling to find their "one."

13 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I'm glad a duggar male is finally courting. It was very weird that Boobchelle was only selling off the females. It is interesting though that it is Joe and not John since we know how John is such a Fundie catch. The twins must be truly waiting for their sibling to find their "one."

Is John a "fundie catch"? I know he seems hard working, but do fundie women(or their parents) care about that? Look at how many fundie women have married unemployed men or men with vague jobs.

This is just speculation, but I think the twins have had failed courtship. I don't think the Duggars would admit it. Also JD was hanging around the Wilkes/Staddons etc families. Possible courtship?

9 minutes ago, Kira said:

Is John a "fundie catch"? I know he seems hard working, but do fundie women(or their parents) care about that? Look at how many fundie women have married unemployed men or men with vague jobs.

I wonder about how it's viewed. Do they worry he'll be swayed to 'outside ideas' or led astray by working with non-fundies/being separated from his family? Look how Josh was led astray by Satan without his family nearby...

6 hours ago, Marly said:

This is exactly what I was thinking about. When you live in such a strict and small community, and the only people you ever meet are people you go to church with (since you're being homeschooled), and everyone stays relatively put in the same area, so everyone gets their potential mates out of the same small pond, then at a certain point - although the pond might be bigger because everyone spawns like crazy - isn't everyone somehow related?
How do you prevent inbreeding in very strict and fairly closed-off communities? Granted, Jinger marrying Jeremy, someone from outside of the pond, shows that fresh blood is sometimes added into the mix. But is this the rule or is this the exception? And how do the even more strict communities, like the Amish or the Hutterites, do this? 

I've gotten to know some Hutterites pretty well through my job, and being nosey I've actually asked them about this.

They are very aware of the issues that inbreeding could cause, and they keep good genealogical records. They send young people back and forth between different colonies to find partners. They have rules about how closely related couples can be, I can't remember where they draw the line, but definitely no first cousin marriages.  They and the Amish raise livestock, so they understand inbreeding and genetic defects pretty well, even without proper biology classes. I would guess that they're much more aware of potential issues than most Fundies, I doubt the SOTDRT covers it very well (if at all).

Some of the Hutterite men I know joke that it's too bad I'm married because they could use a girl like me on the colony. They also used to bring single boys around before I was married, or introduce me to them if I was out at the colony.  I don't know how the process of converting and joining them would work, or if they've ever been successful at bringing anyone new in. I didn't want to delve too deep in fear that they might manage to suck me in, lol. It is kind of an appealing lifestyle to me. 

He seems like he would be since he's so hard working, right? I imagine a family would want their daughters to end up with someone who will provide. I don't know them and appearances can be deceiving so I might be totally off base. 

I just don't see how you spin Joe being able to support a family by selling cars they buy and fix up to sell on a strip of land. Aren't there like 5 of the boys working that car lot? I doubt they are doing brisk business. I also don't know how they can fix up newer cars, which would bring more money, since they are so computerized now and you need special equipment to even have the computer tell you what is wrong. They don't want to admit that Jim Bob will financially support everyone as long as the show is on the air. Once it is over, I think he is going to become much tighter with money. I could see a couple of the younger families sharing homes. Jim Bob cannot financially support 19 individual families with eleventh kids each. He doesn't have Warren buffet money. 

Hmm, I'm surprised. Apparently Pastor Caldwell supports gay people? Or at least doesn't kick them out of his Church?  :my_huh:

19 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Hmm, I'm surprised. Apparently Pastor Caldwell supports gay people? Or at least doesn't kick them out of his Church?  :my_huh:

No. They are criticizing Pastor Caldwell and others for not being anti-gay enough. According to these people, Paster Caldwell teaches that gay people are born gay and must remain celibate. Pastor Caldwell is not supportive of gays.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

Is John a "fundie catch"? I know he seems hard working, but do fundie women(or their parents) care about that? Look at how many fundie women have married unemployed men or men with 

A bit of Internet scouting reveals the 'cop' job is unpaid. JD makes his money from renting the property he owns plus the cars and construction stuff.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2016/01/joseph-duggar-drops-out-of-college-as-familys-school-experiment/

If Joseph HAS gone on to get his real estate/CDL license those could actually end up quite lucrative, especially with the army of free/cheap siblings to help fix up properties?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived