IGNORED

Another Duggar Courtship: Joseph and Kendra

front hugs > duggs

Ah! I remember you guys here were talking about Joseph & one of those Caldwell girls...I love how you've always basically heard it (or read it!) first from FJ, haha. :my_blush: Anyway, I'm so used to the girls' courting so I don't know how I feel about Joseph's courtship (I've mostly followed Jill, Jinger & Jessa more than the boys) but Kendra seems pretty young...how old is she? *I'm sure I'll find that out once I catch up on these past few pages* Congrats to the both of them, though! and it'll be interesting to have his wedding to look forward to...most likely in the (very) near future. and on Counting On. lol.

edit: ...she's only 18?! and we all thought Joy Anna was too young. *sigh*

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

That poster already posted on this thread admitting they were wrong and apologizing for their behavior.

Not that it really matters, I found it funny that we were actually right for once. We have speculated wrong in the past. I didn't mean it as a slight 

Wouldn't JB expect Joe to fix up his own house ? I remember that he told Smuggar he needed to prepare a home and be prepared to support a family and I'm pretty sure he worked on the little house BJ have now

4 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Wouldn't JB expect Joe to fix up his own house ? I remember that he told Smuggar he needed to prepare a home and be prepared to support a family and I'm pretty sure he worked on the little house BJ have now

JD Owns a house. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Joseph buys a small crappy home to flip and then live in. 

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I seem to recall that he can cook bacon strips?

From way back when Josie was tiny.

I could be wrong, but I think Josiah was doing the cooking in that episode.

12 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Mr. and Mrs. Caldwell look young. :pb_eek:

1545986_767634719930681_1163830472_n.jpg

They look good after having 7 kids. They are definitely young.

10 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Maaannn what happened to Carlin Bates????

I don't think any Duggar kids will court a Bates until much later. Lawson didn't court Jinger, neither did Carlin... For all that speculation, I think the courtships will not overlap a lot with these two families.

48 minutes ago, nst said:

Are the Caldwells Fundie royalty as well? She looks like Joy 

keep it coming 

Only if Jessa is pregnant again - then she might get the cover with Joe on a sidebar. 

but I doubt we will see Joe on the cover of People.  he isn't Jessa.  

which I don't believe because when Jessa was in SCA - Jinger somewhat led on what was happening

Jessa was in Danger America in March, not May. 

I can't unsee Jim Carrey in Caldwell dad now.

Because I know he's a huge probe, I'm going to picture Carrey in "I Love You Phillio Morris" every time.

I have a feeling Gil and Kelly are not dying for one of their kids to court a Duggar after Joshgate.

Joe and Kendra do not strike me as good reality tv material, even their announcement video is boring. 

3 minutes ago, season of life said:

I don't think any Duggar kids will court a Bates until much later. Lawson didn't court Jinger, neither did Carlin... For all that speculation, I think the courtships will not overlap a lot with these two families.

I think that the Bates and Duggar families have known each other for so long it just seems weird for them to date. I just think of the kids I grew up with that were close family friends and I just can't think of them romantically. Maybe that's their issue too. Except for Joy, most of these fundies that are married didn't grow up together. Josiah and Marjorie did and look how that turned out. 

11 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Also, where is the promise ring talk coming from? I didn't see anything about that

In the video he says he got her a promise ring. 

Eta: I was ninja'd. Having finally watched that video, Joe looked almost perplexed that he's just been given a future wife.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

I don't think Joe and Kendra will have a long courtship. I predict they'll be engaged by late summer or fall and married in the winter. We thought Joy would have a long courtship. I wonder if the reason Ben and Jessa had a long courtship is because it was outed too soon.

I agree that the courtship will be the usual 3 month deal (aside from Ben who had to prove himself to Boob before he was allowed to propose). I think the proposal will be squeezed in between Joy's wedding and Jill's spawning. The show will be back sometime this summer, so all of this stuff will help them boost July Sweeps. That means we get a wedding maybe around Labor Day weekend. I don't think they'll go deep into fall. She'll be knocked up by the New Year.

16 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Also, where is the promise ring talk coming from? I didn't see anything about that

It's in the TLC video. 

I think TLC is trying to improve  viewership with a Duggar boy courting. Ratings have gone down consistently since Jill's wedding. Jill's wedding was the golden era of 19KAC, they were at their peak. Jessa racked in quite a few viewers too.

I don't think said revamping will be successful because even though the Duggar girls are not that interesting, the boys are bone dry. They just have personalities that do not translate well on camera - with the exception of Josiah whose courtship failed.

Kendra seems quiet which does not make for good TV. They maybe able to keep afloat with two courtship weddings but Austin is also a wet blanket. Viewers are getting tired of the same-old. TLC's going to try to stretch their seasons with courtships, babies, endless recaps and terrible editing and it won't be good for the gravy train.

They need to do some serious revamping if they want the series to last. Even leg humpers are bored.

48 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Not that it really matters, I found it funny that we were actually right for once. We have speculated wrong in the past. I didn't mean it as a slight 

Oh I didn't take it as one! There were a couple other people before you who were also asking about that poster who didn't see they had already posted in here so I just mentioned it for anyone who missed it. No worries. :)

I don't get the promise ring thing. He'll be buying an engagement ring in short order, why not just save the money towards that? 

20 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I think TLC is trying to improve  viewership with a Duggar boy courting. Ratings have gone down consistently since Jill's wedding. Jill's wedding was the golden era of 19KAC, they were at their peak. Jessa racked in quite a few viewers too.

I don't think said revamping will be successful because even though the Duggar girls are not that interesting, the boys are bone dry. They just have personalities that do not translate well on camera - with the exception of Josiah whose courtship failed.

Kendra seems quiet which does not make for good TV. They maybe able to keep afloat with two courtship weddings but Austin is also a wet blanket. Viewers are getting tired of the same-old. TLC's going to try to stretch their seasons with courtships, babies, endless recaps and terrible editing and it won't be good for the gravy train.

They need to do some serious revamping if they want the series to last. Even leg humpers are bored.

Jeremy, Austin and Kendra are wet blankets.  Maybe they can be trained.  Who will train them = Ben ...

Jeremy is a pastor he has an image I get that.  Austin and Kendra are brand new to the internet and TLC - I foresee a people cover in a couple of weeks... but Kendra's video was just too childish but then I realized it is because she is a child.  

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I don't get the promise ring thing. He'll be buying an engagement ring in short order, why not just save the money towards that? 

because he has to be different 

Just now, nst said:

Jeremy, Austin and Kendra are wet blankets.  Maybe they can be trained.  Who will train them = Ben ...

True, Ben's not exactly Mr. Personality and their courtship still brought viewers in.

We can't overlook the novelty vs been there done that factor. 

It felt to me as if Kendra was reading from cue cards. 

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

True, Ben's not exactly Mr. Personality and their courtship still brought viewers in.

Ben was young and it was young and impressionable time that their courtship happened.  Like a rainy day.  

It was innocent- now it just seems like a pr machine going on.... 

not really real now 

Ben and Jessa were real 

2 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

We can't overlook the novelty vs been there done that factor. 

It felt to me as if Kendra was reading from cue cards. 

it's become a revolving machine...and I bet JB was holding the cue cards. It felt unauthentic. 

I worry about Kendra already. The Duggars seem like they would be a lot for a shy, perhaps introverted person to handle--and that's without adding in the reality TV/D list celebrity issue. 

9 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yeah... it's not like she'll wear it long.

Though, I can't knock him too much -- DH bought me a promise ring about a year before he proposed. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived