IGNORED

Dillards 27 - Allergies, Fever, and the Dangers of Being a White Baby

choralcrusader8613

10 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Nonprofit accounting is a special field in accounting. He doesn't have any experience that I know of. Only traditional corporate accounting at WalMart. Not sure how long he was there. He has very little accounting experience of any kind.

As far as I know, he doesn't specifically have any nonprofit work experience, or any management experience. It's a complete joke that he started his own nonprofit. 

Edit to Add: Thats how little he thinks of TLC viewers. He wasn't willing to do any of the things to adequately prepare himself to run a nonprofit, but has the audacity to ask for money anyway.

At least he should be fully aware that he's doing it wrong.

Wait, he started his own non profit? I somehow missed that. Unbelievable. I was under the impression there is some sort parent organisation. I might now have more knowlegde than him about non profits after you explained me the very very basics.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Palimpsest, thanks for your post outlining the requirements of 501(c)3s.  I knew about the 990s and have reviewed my share when I was on the Board of a national organization, but didn't know that the Annual Report was also required.  A few years ago, we actually didn't do an Annual Report (That's a long story that I don't want to get into.) .  No wonder some of our most valued Board members were having a conniption about this!

501(c)3s are also not supposed to engage in partisan political activities.  They can face a revocation of their non-profit status is they do.

10 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Thats how little he thinks of TLC viewers. He wasn't willing to do any of the things to adequately prepare himself to run a nonprofit, but has the audacity to ask for money anyway.

Very stupid of him.

I've noticed other "missionaries" like the Dillards getting tax exempt donations by running the money through what I can only call clearing houses like this one:  http://gibmission.org/

I suppose it is legal and above board.  

GIBM dumped John Shrader (he's now running donations through Daddy's church).  I suppose that is legal too.  

7 minutes ago, breakfree said:

Oh I dunno how true this is, depending on what races you're talking about, though a credible argument might be made that here in Europe this consciousness is more  religious (dare I say anti muslim) with an unfortunate side effect of making people more race-conscious toward those with brown skin.

I'm American but have spent the VAST majority of the time since I turned 21 living in Europe- primarily in France, now in Holland, super briefly in Germany (I'm 31 now so it's been close to 11 years). I honestly think that people who are or who sometimes just have the misfortune of looking muslim are often treated and spoken about in more outrageous ways here than they ever would be in 'polite company' in many if not most places in  the USA (though admittedly I think behind closed doors many people in the USA can be just as nasty). I feel like I see unfortunate situations play out daily here showing just how conscious people are of this. It's true there's no racial census here but people are certainly aware of race.

Of course, in Sweden for all I know it may be a lot different. But this is my own experience in Western Europe.

Sadly Sweden is getting more and more racist. I still think it's a bit different to ask for race on more official kinds of records though. 

The development in Europe scare me. There is so much fear and I feel we are forgetting history to protect what we feel is ours and are ignoring the fact that we all have to share the world. There is only one. 

3 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Jessa has a village and is married to the village idiot. I don't think Jill wants that kind of village. 

I'm pretty sure Derick has been more the village idiot than Ben these days. Dragging your pregnant wife and child back to a country that has zika so that you can play missionary is dumb as anything. 

32 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm pretty sure Derick has been more the village idiot than Ben these days. Dragging your pregnant wife and child back to a country that has zika so that you can play missionary is dumb as anything. 

How about that Jeremy? Lol! He's the only one with a job and Jim Boob told him to get a second one. When do we get to see Jim Boob telling Bin and Dreck to get a FIRST job, let alone a second one? - kidding of course. I don't want to see Jim Boob on the show at all. TLC needs to stick a fork in that one. He's done.

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Palimpsest, thanks for your post outlining the requirements of 501(c)3s.  

You are welcome.  I hope I got it all right! 

The Annual Reports, yeah.  A lot of non-profits forget about them and don't get caught.  It does help to keep them accountable to the donors though.  It was a big part of my last but one job, but they really don't have to be terribly elaborate.  

I've volunteered with one small nonprofit to get the pesky thing done for a few years.  The Director hates writing so I just list the accomplishments and challenges she tells me about, spiff it up in fancy language to look impressive, and plug it into a template.   I also plug in the numbers the accountant gives me - numbers and I do not get along.  It isn't very long and we send it out in a newsletter as well as having it on line.   I'm afraid I'd rather donate my time to write the report  than scoop up dog poop and clean the kennels but that is needed too!

3 hours ago, ShipFullOfHeads said:

I might now have more knowlegde than him about non profits after you explained me the very very basics.

I think it's safe to say that you do. 

@Palimpsest Thank you for the info. You're awesome! 

On 3/7/2017 at 2:38 PM, Million Children For Jesus said:

My son wanted to start a non-profit for a cause dear to his heart. We did the research and mapped out a plan. There is a lengthy process involved. A nonprofit isn't something you can hatch up overnight, even if you feel passionate and have conviction. (Or God tells you to. I'm sure God would approve of a well thought out business plan.)

Yes I'm sure as well.  God would approve, so why don't the fundies approve?

5 minutes ago, anotherone said:

Yes I'm sure as well.  God would approve, so why don't the fundies approve?

Excellent question. Fundies make listening to God look like a bad idea, since it appears God consistently hammers them with bad advice. 

11 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

All I can say is these two make me really, really angry. Angrier than the others, possibly, because in addition to being under-educated, hateful cult members, they not only want to impose their cult-ish worldview to people at home, but have the presumption and arrogance to go to another country and push it on those folks, without any cultural awareness or sensitivity whatsoever. 

I can only speculate, but I also highly doubt they have their immigration paperwork in order to be "working", or whatever they are doing, in El Salvador. 

:angry-screaming:

As I've said before, I speculate that the reason they went home all the time last time around was because you can only stay in El Salvador visa-free for 90 days.

Granted, I knew a ton of people in China who were getting multiple entry 180-day visas and then just popping over to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Mongolia, or South Korea for a couple days to reset it and give themselves another six months. It's...less than honest, but having gone through the process of getting work, tourist, and student visas in several countries, I can't say I don't sympathize/haven't done similar things while my more permanent arrangements were still in process.

Though I looked up El Salvador's work permit requirements. Compared to a lot of countries I've been to, it's a freaking cakewalk. They have no excuse for being semi-legal/illegal immigrants, ESPECIALLY if they voted for Trump.

1 minute ago, nastyhobbitses said:

As I've said before, I speculate that the reason they went home all the time last time around was because you can only stay in El Salvador visa-free for 90 days.

Granted, I knew a ton of people in China who were getting multiple entry 180-day visas and then just popping over to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Mongolia, or South Korea for a couple days to reset it and give themselves another six months. It's...less than honest, but having gone through the process of getting work, tourist, and student visas in several countries, I can't say I don't sympathize/haven't done similar things while my more permanent arrangements were still in process.

Though I looked up El Salvador's work permit requirements. Compared to a lot of countries I've been to, it's a freaking cakewalk. They have no excuse for being semi-legal/illegal immigrants, ESPECIALLY if they voted for Trump.

You're underestimating the lazy and entitlement factors with these folks-

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Not to mention the part where he quit a stable job with good benefits, health insurance, and good prospects for career progression to play white saviour in one of the world's most violent countries. 

Bin's dumb baseball caps, dumb baby names & wannabe rapping is child's play compared to that.

16 minutes ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Not to mention the part where he quit a stable job with good benefits, health insurance, and good prospects for career progression to play white saviour in one of the world's most violent countries. 

Bin's dumb baseball caps, dumb baby names & wannabe rapping is child's play compared to that.

I didn't quite know El Salvador was considered one of the world's most violent countries. Wow. 

Derick is a zealot, I have said this before. Religious zeal. A truly religious person with values that included helping others and making their lives easier and better would not be doing what the Dullards are doing, i.e.  Trying to convert Catholics. This zeal allows him to be blinded by the light, so to speak, and put Jill and Israel in a more dangerous situation than, clearly, they need to be in.

Disgusting, truly.

On 3/7/2017 at 4:46 PM, Georgiana said:

Jill Duggar Dillard is undereducated and NEVER learned to think outside the box or problem solve. If it didn't happen in the TTH, she cannot process it. That's why she has no idea how to live in a country with a different language, customs, and without first world luxuries.

But the training is so severe for precisely the reason you are using.  They don't WANT them to think outside of the box, or else they may see that the people are very interesting and have sensible ideas and then be tempted to leave the cult.  You don't want them influenced at all.  How else can you keep people in a cult?  It reminds me of military training- you are training the guys to jump without thinking when the leader tells them to, or else how would anyone go into battle?  Your troop of 20 guys is facing 100 enemies - hey run right into them all and secure the building.  Normal people would go, yeah right, no way, but the soldier must follow without thinking.

Maybe that's why those mission organizations are so well insulated from the locals.  Not just for safety, but to ensure that they don't learn too much from them.

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I didn't quite know El Salvador was considered one of the world's most violent countries. Wow. 

Derick is a zealot, I have said this before. Religious zeal. A truly religious person with values that included helping others and making their lives easier and better would not be doing what the Dullards are doing, i.e.  Trying to convert Catholics. This zeal allows him to be blinded by the light, so to speak, and put Jill and Israel in a more dangerous situation than, clearly, they need to be in.

Disgusting, truly.

Yes, I completely agree that he is a zealot. That's what makes him more dangerous than, say, Ben, even if you could argue he lives out his values more consistently. I also expect he will get worse as he gets older.

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Disgusting, truly.

Yeah, it is one of the "murder capitals of the world" and totally the kind of place a husband should be "leading" his wife and infant children to....

http://theconversation.com/how-el-salvador-became-the-murder-capital-of-the-world-64196

(Don't get me wrong, it is not a slam on El Salvador/Latin America. I'm half Colombian and my mother's hometown was the "murder capital of the world" during the 80s/90s, but Derick has the option of living in a much more stable country and is placing his young family in needless danger AND potentially exposing his pregnant wife to Zika in order to convert dirty heathen Catholics. I can not get past that....)

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Unless we missed some trips home and/or border hops, their last stint was 10 months (Oct 2015-Aug 2016).

Are we doing the name and birthday guesses yet? A boy (obv), called Solomon James, born on 7 July, weighing 8 lbs 10 oz. 

I apologize if someone else posted this. (I did check, but I'm on my phone and it's easy to miss stuff).

Jamie the Very Worst Missionary posted a link to the People article about the Dillards leaving for CA, along with this commentary:

UGH!! THIS is the NONSENSE of MODERN MISSIONS:

“Through our ministry and your support, we can help support local churches, and impact hundreds of lives on a daily basis. Once a week we go into villages hit hard by violence, and provide various skills training for adults, Bible study, kids programs, and crafts. On average we help over 40 adults and children every week.”

Hmmm. Ok. Questions that matter:

When Missionaries "support the local church" --- ASK --- If the local Church exists (FTR, in Central America *it does* and *it's flourishing*), WHY can't they serve their communities without the "help" of white north Americans?

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST to support a North America family (who will most likely live a north american lifestyle) in a foreign country (don't forget the part where they fly back and forth to the US a few times a year, or in this case, to have a baby)??

Are you impacting "hundreds of lives, daily" or "40 people a week"???
The article says they're still learning Spanish - HOW THE FUCK DO YOU TEACH JOB SKILLS TO PEOPLE WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE???

Listen. I get it. I've been there, done that.
But in the spirit of self-awareness and in my God-given call to LOVE OTHERS, I was forced to take an honest look at my place and my purpose in the world. After a long, hard look around, I realized that much of what we do overseas, to the tune of B-B-B-BILLIONS of dollars a year, is complete and utter bullshit. It's simply NOT OK, and the Church (that's you and me, friends) is responsible to hold missions and missionaries accountable for their "work".

Jamie the Very Worst Missionary is awesome. My one quibble is with her last point: HOW THE FUCK DO YOU TEACH JOB SKILLS TO PEOPLE WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE HAVE NEVER HELD DOWN A JOB?

11 hours ago, anotherone said:

But the training is so severe for precisely the reason you are using.  They don't WANT them to think outside of the box, or else they may see that the people are very interesting and have sensible ideas and then be tempted to leave the cult.  You don't want them influenced at all.  How else can you keep people in a cult?  It reminds me of military training- you are training the guys to jump without thinking when the leader tells them to, or else how would anyone go into battle?  Your troop of 20 guys is facing 100 enemies - hey run right into them all and secure the building.  Normal people would go, yeah right, no way, but the soldier must follow without thinking.

Maybe that's why those mission organizations are so well insulated from the locals.  Not just for safety, but to ensure that they don't learn too much from them.

But this thinking is so short sided- either JB is stupid or very, very perverse.

Think about it. He controlled his kids to the point of dulling their intellect and rendering them unable to function in every day society. That's what we are seeing with Jill-Josh and probably Jessa too, if she didn't have the village at her every whim and disposal.

So, how did JB think the cult would grow beyond is own life and pocketbook?

It will die out because none of the kids, or at this point their spouses, have the ability to become JB...well, maybe JD or Jana, but they have no adult credibility, because as single people, they are still considered "kids".

43 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But this thinking is so short sided- either JB is stupid or very, very perverse.

Think about it. He controlled his kids to the point of dulling their intellect and rendering them unable to function in every day society. That's what we are seeing with Jill-Josh and probably Jessa too, if she didn't have the village at her every whim and disposal.

So, how did JB think the cult would grow beyond is own life and pocketbook?

It will die out because none of the kids, or at this point their spouses, have the ability to become JB...well, maybe JD or Jana, but they have no adult credibility, because as single people, they are still considered "kids".

Jessa is the type as I have said who will plan ahead with regards to everything.  It's in her nature. But Jill and Josh are lost causes and that is JB's fault.  

Even the type of girl Joe is courting who I am sorry is a baby who will be married within the year is insane.  JB can control her simply. He controls his sons he now will control this chickie.  Joy on the other hand will be going towards another patriarchal type of man so that is on her. 

Beyond his pocketbook no - because they are all dependent on him. 

so now Joy is considered above her sister Jana  - we should rename FJ to Free Jana 

On 3/7/2017 at 4:52 PM, feministxtian said:

I have the perfect place for JillyMuffin and Dreck...Newburgh Indiana...it's damn close to the middle of nowhere and it's as bassasswards as they are...I lived there for almost 8 HORRIBLE years...Hauled my ass back to the safety of the east coast as soon as the ink on the divorce decree was dry...then I went nuts and headed for the desert...

I live in Indiana and I've never heard of this town, but we've got enough crazies in this state to last a long time, no Dillards needed!

1 minute ago, Cat Damon said:

I live in Indiana and I've never heard of this town, but we've got enough crazies in this state to last a long time, no Dillards needed!

it's just east of Evansville...in Warrick County. Umm...the county line is somewhere near I-164 and State Route 66. I lived even further east, closer to the Warrick/Spencer County line, near the ALCOA plant.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived