IGNORED

Dillards 27 - Allergies, Fever, and the Dangers of Being a White Baby

choralcrusader8613

I will be praying that Derick and Jill hear the good news of the gospel.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Derick's latest tweet.

I wonder if they're getting more pushback from the locals since they've returned. Maybe the locals are sick of their crap.

I could see some of them putting up with it for a while, but not forever. If these people are devoutly Catholic, I could see them getting ticked off after a while. And even if they aren't, I'm sure they're sick of two white people parading around and telling them how they should live their life.

17 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

"

If he really is a handful, beyond normal toddler boundary testing, I do think it's entirely possible he's feeding off Jill's anxiety and Derick's overall negative vibes and it's causing him to "act out." Not that Derick would care.

I don't even have children and I see the above completely in that household.   Children can feel things, adult children can feel things.  Jill is always anxious loud person. 

1 hour ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Derick's latest tweet.

Why or why won't people from a primarily Catholic nation, who hear the gospel at every mass, listen raptly as I twist the gospel to make them feel like shit? 

Derick is crazy. I guess Jill is too. I can't imagine that people who already have a Christian religion would listen to this stuff. So weird.

On 3/10/2017 at 4:29 PM, Letizia said:

I think if she gets overwhelmed she'll stop/slow down on the breeding as opposed  to having a psychotic break with reality like her mother. I just don't think someone like Jessa could truly function in a super chaotic overwhelming environment (again) no matter how gung ho she seems at this point. Given that she is the opposite of their keep sweet ideal and she married someone a lot more pliable than she is I see her ceasing to practice what she preaches once it loses the enjoyment factor. Of course in typical religious hypocrite fashion I can see her continue to preach her bullshit. 

On the other hand I'm legit worried for Jill's mental health if things stay in their current state. That concern will massively increase if the next birth is a struggle like Israel's. I almost wish Jim Bob would intervene since Jill is obviously incapable of speaking up for herself. I wonder if Derrick's mom has noticed how much Jill is struggling and if she'd say anything to her son or Jill. 

I don't think Cathy would. She's just as if not more zealous than Derick, and I have a feeling that she'd play Misery Olympics with Jill and guilt her by way of "I lost my husband and got cancer and I kept sweet and smiling and trusting God, so why can't you?"

5 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Did Derick delete his Insta? He posted earlier today about being grateful for wifi and spreading JEEBUS!!!! 

Now I can't even do a search for him, and no, I did not comment on his post. 

No its still there. Be posted a photo of himself, Dumber, and Baby Jim Bob 3 hrs ago.

1 minute ago, Jilli said:

@marmalade His profile is still there for me as well as the post you speak of.

Weird. I couldn't search for him on my laptop, and the post disappeared from where I posted it earlier. But I could search it on my phone. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

Why or why won't people from a primarily Catholic nation, who hear the gospel at every mass, listen raptly as I twist the gospel to make them feel like shit? 

I'll bet their first few followers came around to see what they could get from Jill and derrick-- and more power to them. Maybe Derrick is pushing for more of a commitment now and people are fleeing as they should. 

I also wonder if Derrick has spoke out against Marian adoration cause I think that would make people leave in droves. My very Catholic grandmother has Mary statues and images throughout her house, and I'm sure breaking those statues or destroying those photos would be blasphemy to her. I don't know if Derrick has spoken out against Marian imagery or devotion but I'm sure it's in line with his beliefs and its just another way of going in blind, with no consideration or even real knowledge of people's beliefs and traditions. 

In regards to Issy being more of a handful compared to Spurge, I wonder how much could be put down to boredom.

It seems that Spurgeon is often at the family house where there is always something going on. That many aunts/uncles/cousins means he's constantly stimulated and kept busy. Issy on the other hand has spent months in the company of just his mother and father, locked away in a compound. Even if J & D were the most invested parents, most children would go stir crazy being kept within the same walls day in day out. 

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I'll bet their first few followers came around to see what they could get from Jill and derrick-- and more power to them. Maybe Derrick is pushing for more of a commitment now and people are fleeing as they should. 

I also wonder if Derrick has spoke out against Marian adoration cause I think that would make people leave in droves. My very Catholic grandmother has Mary statues and images throughout her house, and I'm sure breaking those statues or destroying those photos would be blasphemy to her. I don't know if Derrick has spoken out against Marian imagery or devotion but I'm sure it's in line with his beliefs and its just another way of going in blind, with no consideration or even real knowledge of people's beliefs and traditions. 

I've asked before...but I thought they were suppose to mission in countries where most of the population are NOT Christians. Has anyone openly asked why they decided to not mission elsewhere?? I just don't see how they are helping at all. Bet it's just annoying to locals. I had to send 2 Mormon guys away last month. Nothing against Mormonism, I'm just not interested. Told nicely and sent them on their way.

These people aren't just Catholic. They are also strong.  They are survivors. They have faced real struggles all their lives and they are still here. 

They come from a culture and people that was subject to agressive, violent, and oppressive colonization that sought to wipe them out.  And yet they are STILL HERE. 

It is an absolute insult that a girl who has been exposed to so little adversity that she can't even handle a shower rack falling would EVER think to instruct them.

It is an insult that grifters who feed their family with free money think that they are "saving" them.

And yes, it is absolutely disgusting that there is a white compound that is armed, guarded, and essentially identical to the Spanish colonial outposts of the past that is attempting to strip them of what remains of their cultural religious identity. 

I seriously hope that they are meeting resistance. Theu should be. Because this is fucking bullshit. 

5 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I've asked before...but I thought they were suppose to mission in countries where most of the population are NOT Christians. Has anyone openly asked why they decided to not mission elsewhere?? I just don't see how they are helping at all. Bet it's just annoying to locals. I had to send 2 Mormon guys away last month. Nothing against Mormonism, I'm just not interested. Told nicely and sent them on their way.

They don't consider Catholics to be Christians. Especially in areas where the Catholic Church incorporated indigenous religious traditions. The only REAL Christianity is white American Christianity.  

This is not Duggar exclusive. Many IFB folks believe the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon.

You hit the nail on the head, @Georgiana. D and J would do well to read up on the colonization of SA and the genocide that went with it... not that it would change anything... sigh... 

38 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

They don't consider Catholics to be Christians. Especially in areas where the Catholic Church incorporated indigenous religious traditions. The only REAL Christianity is white American Christianity.  

This is not Duggar exclusive. Many IFB folks believe the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon.

I had a high school bf who attended a church that was borderline IFB... you definitely had people who lived that way but there were people on the fringe-- ie, children attending public schools, moms working. Anyway, the experiences I had as a young Catholic at this church were very upsetting. Being told Catholics were of the antichrist, having to write my address on a card so they could contact me if I stopped attending, etc. As a result, I'm fairly uncomfortable around devout Baptists and to a lesser extent, Protestants. My husband is playing basketball in a Baptist church league and I'm nervous to tell these people I am Catholic and have no intention of converting. 

What annoys me is that El Salvador could truly benefit from foreign assistance, yet thee missionaries are not doing anything productive to help. 

The country never truly recovered from the Civil War. The country has high levels of poverty. The country has a huge problem with gang violence and gendered violence against women. There are parts of the country so troubled that the police have lost control over them and won't even go to and the military has to respond to problems. Health care standards are quite low. The murder rate is one of the world's highest. Kids, but especially girls, frequently drop out of school early because it's dangerous to get to/from school in many parts of the country. Kids as young as 6 are made to join gangs under the threat of their family's safety. High levels of rape (including gang rape) and abortion being completely illegal means a lot of very young single parents raising kids in poverty, and high rates of STDs. 

But nope, apparently El Salvador's biggest problem is that they are Catholic instead of Evengelical. 

I might actually be able to muster up some respect for them if they were doing something meaningful there....like volunteering in a school or a hospital and doing something useful, like assisting the teacher or keeping supplies orderly and clean. You know, doing something that actually HELPS. De-wreck is a trained accountant, maybe he could tutor math, Jill could potentially get the right qualification to help midwives. (But then again, they might actually have to learn Spanish to be useful in this Spanish speaking country. Heaven forbid!). 

I'd still disapprove of them taking their infant child into an unsafe environment but at least I'd have one less problem with them. 

But nope, they're not doing anything meaningful, all they're doing is telling people they are doing Jesus wrong. 

It's nauseating. 

(And on the topic of Spanish.....I grew up speaking fluent Spanish and I know the language has some tricky things to get right (like the subjunctive), but it's really not that hard to get to a conversational level if you are willing to put in a few hours study a week. I tutor University students in Spanish and after 2/3 years, people who came to me only being able to say "hola"' are conversational. Sure, they're not perfect and might be a little broken/have an accent and make some mild grammar mistakes, but they can get by and make themselves understood. And these students generally have other subjects to work on and part time jobs. I don't know what Jill and De-wrecks excuses are.....)

6 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I wonder if they're getting more pushback from the locals since they've returned. Maybe the locals are sick of their crap.

I could see some of them putting up with it for a while, but not forever. If these people are devoutly Catholic, I could see them getting ticked off after a while. And even if they aren't, I'm sure they're sick of two white people parading around and telling them how they should live their life.

Our country is going to hell in an orange hand basket and this dolt goes to Scary Brown Merika to hand out candy and tracts.

I just checked Wikipedia and El Salvador is 47% Catholic, 33% Protestant and it said that the number of Evangelicals is growing rapidly. They did not mention the Dullards. So maybe they just mostly bother the Protestants. In any case, they are putting their child and future child at risk for their nonsense.

3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I just checked Wikipedia and El Salvador is 47% Catholic, 33% Protestant and it said that the number of Evangelicals is growing rapidly. They did not mention the Dullards. So maybe they just mostly bother the Protestants. In any case, they are putting their child and future child at risk for their nonsense.

3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I'm trying to edit and making mistakes. Sorry.

14 minutes ago, Trynn said:

Not the right type of Protestant

Can't they do that in the USA then? :dontgetit: 

guess that wouldn't be special enough! 

" If mission work is something they take seriously, than it would have behooved them to take a serious approach, and not the haphazard, poorly organized, grifting approach. (Cultural insensitivity and self-righteousness aside.)"

I think they have a very odd view of "mission work." They seem to approach it as if it were a prison ministry (not that I'm saying even the Rahway Lifers should be subjected to this pair)--try to convert, of course, but also let the poor wretches have "comfort" and know that "we care." Hence the giving out a crayon each to children and having a "woman's party" with them setting out a few (probably American-style) snacks and singing to them in English. If 

It would never occur to them that people who live in relative or actual poverty have rich lives with family, friends, socializing, interests, music, art, crafts, activities they enjoy, etc. They need Americans to come down (and apparently in busses with armed guards) to give them a little joy in the bleakness.

Jill I can understand because that's what she got from her family inducting her at (I think it's age 10?) into their "mission trips." Derrick should know better.

If I remember correctly, Jill said one of her purposes was to give these people "hope." I think these idiots are not only of course the dumb-ass zealots who want to introduce Catholics to Christianity, but that they truly believe that just their mere presence in the midst of what they perceive as despair is a "blessing" to the "neighbors" they refuse to learn how to communicate with.

I'm pretty sure that the Duggars haven't done SOS missions for the past 15 years. I don't even think SOS has been around that long. If memory serves, I think they started doing SOS around the time they started filming 17 Kids, which would have been 2008, or possibly 2007 just before TLC started filming. They were definitely down there when Josie was born, 2009, and it wasn't their first trip. 

Someone please correct me if I'm misremembering. 

eta: I went to SOS's site to see if they had any information about when they started (they didn't). But I found this gem of a baptism, featuring Mr. Dullard in all his hirsute glory. 

http://www.soshope.org/about/news/

@patsymae I love your post above.....yes, that the Dullards assume that the people living in what they consider poverty don't have any richness of family, friends and activities. 

This leaves me speechless, which is rare. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived