Jump to content
IGNORED

Dillards 27 - Allergies, Fever, and the Dangers of Being a White Baby


choralcrusader8613

Recommended Posts

Last thread here:

Title taken from a comment on Jill's instagram:

On 3/3/2017 at 10:59 AM, HereticHick said:

Jessa's Instagrammed post of Facetiming with Izzy inspired this priceless comment. WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE WHITE BABIES?

 

Capture.JPG

As far as we know, the Dillards are still mission-cationing in CA, despite the fact that Jill is pregnant and might have another difficult labor on her hands, plus the risk of Zika. She's also praying for protection from bacteria and insects in Central America, and Derick is still doing his once-a-week preaching to the Catholics, instead of getting a job in the States he's actually trained to do.

Meanwhile, we're all asking, "And they want $24,000 for a few months of this?!" :argumentative::annoyed:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@nastyhobbitses I decided to check in on the Dillards after avoiding them the past week and started with the last page, which was your ice cream response.  I was so confused until I read back a page. Lol. But I do agree with you. Mint chocolate chip guy not only thinks strawberry will kill you but he doesn't even really understand what strawberry guy is saying and is attempting to preach through a translator. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My thing about "missionaries" like Derick and Jill is that they are bold enough to go into another country, and tell those people that their beliefs are completely wrong. I feel that's rather like going into someone's home and picking apart their family pictures. It's a personal belief. If you believe that there is a god but that it's a massive purple and blue panda who does the Macarena, fine. As long as you don't harm me and I don't harm you, what does it matter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

My thing about "missionaries" like Derick and Jill is that they are bold enough to go into another country, and tell those people that their beliefs are completely wrong. I feel that's rather like going into someone's home and picking apart their family pictures. It's a personal belief. If you believe that there is a god but that it's a massive purple and blue panda who does the Macarena, fine. As long as you don't harm me and I don't harm you, what does it matter?

That's an interesting statement. Does anyone more familiar with their type of Christianity have an idea of what their answer would be to this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worse yet if you say "I'm lactose intolerant" and Mint Chocolate chip guy is still trying to give you the ice cream that you know will give you diarrhea. He means well but he's being condescending as hell by not believing that you can't have/don't need dairy.

I don't even know where I'm going with this metaphor but Derick really irks me and I wish he'd take his mint ice cream and shove it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Inky said:

That's an interesting statement. Does anyone more familiar with their type of Christianity have an idea of what their answer would be to this?

Probably that if you don't know Jesus like they know Jesus you'll be going to Hell. They are therefore doing this for the good of the El Salvadorians to make sure they get to Heaven. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Inky said:

That's an interesting statement. Does anyone more familiar with their type of Christianity have an idea of what their answer would be to this?

Not a Christian, but from my understanding as a Jew who has been proselytized at is pretty much the ice cream/cyanide thing. Jill and Derick have been told all their lives that they will burn in hell forever if they don't ascribe to a very specific form of Protestantism. They were saved from hell by accepting Christ in a very specific way. If you were told all your life that you needed to follow a specific ritual so you wouldn't suddenly burst into flames and burn to death, you would be horrified to see people not following this ritual. They're going to burn to death! They need to do the not-burn-to-death ritual so they won't burn to death! If they're following another ritual, you have no idea if that ritual will make you not burst into flames; they may think that their ritual isn't hurting them, but what if they burst into flames? And what if you tell other people about your ritual that will not protect you from burning to death? They might burn to death too!

When my friend in elementary school told me completely stone-faced that I would burn in hell forever because I'm a Jew, she honestly meant it out of concern. She believed she was telling me about a danger I faced and that doing things her way would protect me from it. That perspective made me less angry at her, but not completely not-angry.

Jill and Derick honestly believe that they are bringing people to salvation and they are doing them a favor. It's a super problematic perspective to have, but from my understanding, they don't think they're doing anything wrong, because they're saving people's souls from damnation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Worse yet if you say "I'm lactose intolerant" and Mint Chocolate chip guy is still trying to give you the ice cream that you know will give you diarrhea. He means well but he's being condescending as hell by not believing that you can't have/don't need dairy.

I don't even know where I'm going with this metaphor but Derick really irks me and I wish he'd take his mint ice cream and shove it!

Well I guess I'm fundamentalist-intolerant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Inky said:

That's an interesting statement. Does anyone more familiar with their type of Christianity have an idea of what their answer would be to this?

They truly, honestly believe that those who are not Christians ('real' Christians - Catholics are not included in that category for them) are going to hell. Hell isn't just a vague concept for them, or something they give lip service to. It's a real place, it's eternal, and it's more terrible than anything you could ever imagine. They believe that every single human being is destined to suffer eternal torment in hell unless they are 'real' Christians. To be a real Christian, you have to realize that you are a sinner, feel the shame of your sin, repent of your sin, and ask Jesus to forgive you and save you. Many further believe that there are other things necessary for salvation, such as non-infant full immersion baptism. 

Imagine actually believing that every person you meet who is not the right kind of Christian is going to hell. Every single one. You go on a mission trip and meet a vulnerable, sweet, innocent, funny, happy 10-year-old girl who doesn't believe what you believe. Later on she dies in a terrible car accident. She wasn't saved. She is burning in hell, enduring more pain, punishment, torment and agony than any human mind could possibly comprehend, and she will stay there burning for eternity.

That's what they honestly believe, and why they feel the need to convert people. Now I don't know whether the Dillards are Calvinists or not - Calvinists believe that certain people are saved and certain people are damned no matter what because of what God predestined, but even Calvinists believe that they must try to convert people because the Bible calls them to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What @nastyhobbitses and @singsingsing said.  Their special flavor of ice cream is the only flavor that will get you out of hell fire.

I truly believe that Jill and Derick combined have the intellectual acumen of the average flea.

If challenged about their "mission" they would burble a bit about feeling "burdened" by the thoughts of the "lost souls" in Central America.  They were "called" to the mission field, dammit.  Give them cash!

They might be able to summon up a Bible text or two in defense of their position, but I doubt it.

Basically they think they are fulfilling the Great Commission.  All other evil religions must be stamped out and Catholics are so not Christian, you guys.  Catholics are infidels and heathens who worship false idols.

Well all that, and they don't want to actually work for a living.  Being a fake missionary gets them praise in their circles.

I have no sympathy for them. At all.

And I'm enjoying the ice cream analogy. :)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder if Jill and Derick ever take on other proselytizers, who are just as sure that they're right and everyone else is wrong.  What would happen if they were stuck on a flight with a bunch of Scientologists or enthusiastic Mormons?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder if Jill and Derick ever take on other proselytizers, who are just as sure that they're right and everyone else is wrong.  What would happen if they were stuck on a flight with a bunch of Scientologists or enthusiastic Mormons?

Dare I hope for a cage match? :popcorn:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want to comment on what I see as Jill's bizarre blog post, dated February 28th. Here's what I noticed.

Jill gives a long list of the trials they have faced so far on this trip in dangerous Sintral Amurrica: Jill and Israel have coughs and colds. Israel develops an eye infection. Jill and Israel are bitten by fire ants. (Interesting that Derick doesn't encounter any of these trials.) Perhaps we are supposed to see these hardships as evidence of the purity of their motives and the strength of their commitments? (I can't remotely find it in myself to feel sorry for them, but I'm a hard-hearted bitch.)

Then we hear about Israel's encounter with the "hot water dispenser." Well first, they should consider themselves lucky to have access to have hot water. Second, why can't they watch their one child more carefully? Two adults, one child--how hard could it be? (I know accidents will happen, but I feel as if Jill is blaming the trying conditions of their home for Israel's burn, rather than recognizing her own responsibilities.)

Then there's the cold shower story. Given what I know about Duggar child-rearing practices, I just get a bit of a shiver from this sentence: "He held his hand in the water for a long time waiting for the water to warm up before we finally had to help him get in and quickly get cleaned up." I picture Israel, screaming, forced under the cold water against his will.

I'm not impressed, next, by Jill's dig at local people who "tend to rely on the pastor for their 'spiritual food.'". The fact is, when Derick goes in there, pretending that he knows something about the Bible and Christianity, he is explicitly encouraging the local people to rely on HIM as a source of knowledge. And I have no reasons whatsoever to suppose that Derick has any special knowledge or skills when it comes to religious teaching.

Then Jill writes, "I am reminded of my greatest mission field, my little family! Although at times life can seem overwhelming, I’m so grateful for my sweet, supportive hubby who reminds me that 'God’s grace is sufficient' and encourages me when I wonder if my daily duties are enough." SUCH an interesting comment. First, it seems totally bizarre to me that someone would regard her spouse and toddler as her "mission field." Second, she's obviously wondering whether she is doing enough. Guess what, Jill: Grifting $24,000 and spending your time caring for your child and baking banana bread is definitely NOT enough, at least in terms of value for money. Third, she ADMITS that life seems overwhelming, something that FJ has recognized for a while. Jill is totally out of her depth, and I have to wonder what price Israel and the new baby might pay for it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder if Jill and Derick ever take on other proselytizers, who are just as sure that they're right and everyone else is wrong.  What would happen if they were stuck on a flight with a bunch of Scientologists or enthusiastic Mormons?

 

15 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

Dare I hope for a cage match? :popcorn:

It would be a sight to see, at first, as JillDer spies what they think would be a plane full of sitting ducks... until the others begin to talk. Then JillDer would fall down, crying out to God, "Persecution! Persecution!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Derrick isn't the chocolate chip mint ice cream. Derrick is the lack of enzymes needed to process dairy. Small doses doesn't do much harm but fill your self up a big bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream and suddenly you are wishing you had ate the cyinide laced strawberry ice cream. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I gathered from Jill's blog post:

We went back to El Salvador, god knows why. The last few people we haven't completely pissed off were gracious enough to pick us up from the airport, entertain The Miraculous Great White Infant, and decorate the house we grifted. We acted as though we were entitled to such a welcome. Derick's English-speaking friend (because Spanish is haaaaaard) is disabled. But we still won't value him as a person until he wheels his ass to church to listen to Derick drone in broken Spanish about how catolicismo is no bueno.

I allowed my not-quite-two-year-old to fuck around with a dangerous appliance. We decided the best thing to do would be to never use this appliance at all, to the detriment of our comfort (and wasting a luxury not many people in this country have), instead of doing a better job of childproofing the house and actually watching Israel. I figure Jesus will take a break from doing something about all the drowning and suffocating Syrian and Iraqi children to protect us, so I don't have to take any real responsibility for my child's well-being.

Israel is taking well to the local culture, but we're going to homeschool him and be low-key racist to all his friends, so his Spanish is going to suck once he's fully verbal. All the better to keep him enmeshed in the cult and have fewer places to run away to.

Instead of watching my child closely and monitoring the water temperature carefully to prevent my child from getting scalded again, I'm just going to make my child take frigid showers. Problem solved!

Nobody here prays right. I know better than anyone else because I am white and was never taught critical thinking. I have no respect or regard for local cultural practices and variances in religious observance that might make more sense in this area's cultural/political/economic context.

We're trying to start a small business. I'll give you three guesses on whether or not we're going to get the proper permits and paperwork to do so, and whether or not we're going to respect or fairly pay the locals who help us/need to rethink their life choices.

Gotta wrap this up. Making banana bread to distract myself from the fact that I'm completely overwhelmed and this isn't the life I want and I'm trapped because I have never been allowed to assert myself and decide what I actually want to do with my life. Someone please help me.

Please pray for us as we:

Continue to take reckless risks with our health and well-being because Derick doesn't want to get actual psychiatric counseling and I learned everything I know about parenting from two dipshits who let my brother sexually assault me and my sisters multiple times and whored us out to television when we were children.

Welcome more of our dipshit family and friends to come be useless with us, but only for a blissfully short period of time.

Harass Salvadorians about Jesus.

Start a new project that we will end up abandoning a few months in.

Find a replacement for this guy who helps us and who has the gall to be terminally ill.

Bring on a new lackey to take on most of our work because we're going to use your hard earned money to fly back to the US whenever someone in our family makes eye contact with a member of the opposite sex.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please note that I find JillyMuffin and Dreck to be completely delusional and irresponsible, but it was noted by Jill that she, Dreck and Iz-ruul will be returning to the States before giving birth to baby Cyprus, or Syria, or whatever the hell they name #2. It seems like a lot of people are under the impression that she's planning a VBAC in "Central America" with a local lay midwife assisting. Of course not, don't be daft! She's planning on flying back to Northwest Arkansas to have a VBAC at home with one of her Certified Professional Midwife buddies helping out. Lots of pedicures, selfies with the big eyes, and fun in the birthing pool await, until God gives them a sign to get her ass to the closest hospital, at which time they will pray for God's blessing in the decision to get professional medical intervention. 

In all seriousness, I hope that Jill recognizes God's hand in blessing these medical professionals with the knowledge and talent to help her and her baby. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Analytica49 said:

Then there's the cold shower story. Given what I know about Duggar child-rearing practices, I just get a bit of a shiver from this sentence: "He held his hand in the water for a long time waiting for the water to warm up before we finally had to help him get in and quickly get cleaned up." I picture Israel, screaming, forced under the cold water against his will.

This makes me so sad. Izzy has always seemed like a high-maintenance, fussier child (compared to Spurgeon , and maybe the M kids), and although I'm sure Jill and Derick love him, I also get the feel that he is more of a burden than either of them expected a child to be. I hope he is getting the patience and attention he needs. (I mean, he has two parents, neither of which are really employed, so taking care of one child shouldn't be an impossible task.) :pb_neutral:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Please note that I find JillyMuffin and Dreck to be completely delusional and irresponsible, but it was noted by Jill that she, Dreck and Iz-ruul will be returning to the States before giving birth to baby Cyprus, or Syria, or whatever the hell they name #2. It seems like a lot of people are under the impression that she's planning a VBAC in "Central America" with a local lay midwife assisting. Of course not, don't be daft! She's planning on flying back to Northwest Arkansas to have a VBAC at home with one of her Certified Professional Midwife buddies helping out. Lots of pedicures, selfies with the big eyes, and fun in the birthing pool await, until God gives them a sign to get her ass to the closest hospital, at which time they will pray for God's blessing in the decision to get professional medical intervention. 

In all seriousness, I hope that Jill recognizes God's hand in blessing these medical professionals with the knowledge and talent to help her and her baby. 

She won't be doing a VBAC in Arkansas either. Lay midwives aren't allowed to do that. She'll either have to skip the home birth, skip filming and pray it never gets out who helped, or travel to Oklahoma or Missouri where it is legal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Analytica49 said:

I want to comment on what I see as Jill's bizarre blog post, dated February 28th. Here's what I noticed.

Jill gives a long list of the trials they have faced so far on this trip in dangerous Sintral Amurrica: Jill and Israel have coughs and colds. Israel develops an eye infection. Jill and Israel are bitten by fire ants. (Interesting that Derick doesn't encounter any of these trials.) Perhaps we are supposed to see these hardships as evidence of the purity of their motives and the strength of their commitments? (I can't remotely find it in myself to feel sorry for them, but I'm a hard-hearted bitch.)

Then we hear about Israel's encounter with the "hot water dispenser." Well first, they should consider themselves lucky to have access to have hot water. Second, why can't they watch their one child more carefully? Two adults, one child--how hard could it be? (I know accidents will happen, but I feel as if Jill is blaming the trying conditions of their home for Israel's burn, rather than recognizing her own responsibilities.)

Then there's the cold shower story. Given what I know about Duggar child-rearing practices, I just get a bit of a shiver from this sentence: "He held his hand in the water for a long time waiting for the water to warm up before we finally had to help him get in and quickly get cleaned up." I picture Israel, screaming, forced under the cold water against his will.

I'm not impressed, next, by Jill's dig at local people who "tend to rely on the pastor for their 'spiritual food.'". The fact is, when Derick goes in there, pretending that he knows something about the Bible and Christianity, he is explicitly encouraging the local people to rely on HIM as a source of knowledge. And I have no reasons whatsoever to suppose that Derick has any special knowledge or skills when it comes to religious teaching.

Then Jill writes, "I am reminded of my greatest mission field, my little family! Although at times life can seem overwhelming, I’m so grateful for my sweet, supportive hubby who reminds me that 'God’s grace is sufficient' and encourages me when I wonder if my daily duties are enough." SUCH an interesting comment. First, it seems totally bizarre to me that someone would regard her spouse and toddler as her "mission field." Second, she's obviously wondering whether she is doing enough. Guess what, Jill: Grifting $24,000 and spending your time caring for your child and baking banana bread is definitely NOT enough, at least in terms of value for money. Third, she ADMITS that life seems overwhelming, something that FJ has recognized for a while. Jill is totally out of her depth, and I have to wonder what price Israel and the new baby might pay for it.

 

I don't like to wish ill on a baby that is not born yet.  But why Jill always so overwhelmed.  Perhaps pregnancy doesn't agree with her.  Also.    I get the impression that Jill stays home all day by herself and that is her daily duty. 

These people are truly confounding. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Please note that I find JillyMuffin and Dreck to be completely delusional and irresponsible, but it was noted by Jill that she, Dreck and Iz-ruul will be returning to the States before giving birth to baby Cyprus, or Syria, or whatever the hell they name #2. It seems like a lot of people are under the impression that she's planning a VBAC in "Central America" with a local lay midwife assisting. Of course not, don't be daft! She's planning on flying back to Northwest Arkansas to have a VBAC at home with one of her Certified Professional Midwife buddies helping out. Lots of pedicures, selfies with the big eyes, and fun in the birthing pool await, until God gives them a sign to get her ass to the closest hospital, at which time they will pray for God's blessing in the decision to get professional medical intervention. 

In all seriousness, I hope that Jill recognizes God's hand in blessing these medical professionals with the knowledge and talent to help her and her baby. 

But she won't, as far as we know, be traveling back to the states to get the appropriate pre-natal care that she and the baby should be receiving. And we all know that neither she nor Derick have the language skills necessary to procure solid care in CA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But she won't, as far as we know, be traveling back to the states to get the appropriate pre-natal care that she and the baby should be receiving. And we all know that neither she nor Derick have the language skills necessary to procure solid care in CA.

I completely agree! It just seemed like a lot of folks were thinking she was planning on giving birth in CA. Of course prenatal care and avoiding the Zika virus are paramount to a healthy baby, but why would they take precautions? Even the thought that he was needed back in CA by SOS at this time and she refuses to send him down there alone amazes me. Why would you put your unborn child at risk of Zika exposure like that? These two have no idea how incredibly moronic they are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She won't be doing a VBAC in Arkansas either. Lay midwives aren't allowed to do that. She'll either have to skip the home birth, skip filming and pray it never gets out who helped, or travel to Oklahoma or Missouri where it is legal. 

Or do a homebirth, and claim that baby came so fast that they couldn't get to the hospital or birthing center.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, bananabread said:

This makes me so sad. Izzy has always seemed like a high-maintenance, fussier child (compared to Spurgeon , and maybe the M kids), and although I'm sure Jill and Derick love him, I also get the feel that he is more of a burden than either of them expected a child to be. I hope he is getting the patience and attention he needs. (I mean, he has two parents, neither of which are really employed, so taking care of one child shouldn't be an impossible task.) :pb_neutral:

I get the impression that Jill is used to mellower kids and Derick is interested in being the very traditional 50s dad who sometimes plays with his kid and disciplines him, but doesn't really want to care for him 24/7, because that's women's work. So Izzy has an overwhelmed mom who's accustomed to "trained", more laid-back children who aren't as spirited as he is, and a dad who treats him more like an amusement than a full-time responsibility. I will give Bin some credit for seeming like he's a lot more involved and active as a co-parent with Jessa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jill must have seen some spirited kids in her family. The howlers weren't laid back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Destiny locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Trending Content

  • Recent Status Updates

    • livinginthelight

      livinginthelight

      So..my son is getting married at the beginning of March and I tried on dresses today. I need to lose weight. I'm about 60-70 pounds overweight and I absolutely have to. I'm not one to post statuses but I'm doing everything I can to hold myself accountable. I'm sitting here wanting to stuff my face and I know this isn't the answer. I can do this. I will be okay. I'm going to make myself check in regularly. Whether or not anyone sees this, I am going to be posting.
      · 2 replies
    • PennySycamore

      PennySycamore

      Is anyone here from Moore County, NC?  I hope they catch the domestic terrorists that shot up the power substations.  All to stop a drag show!  Throw the fuckers in jail.
      · 1 reply
    • VooDooChild

      VooDooChild

      Today, I dusted everything but the ceiling fans.  Sorry Maxwells!
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      · 2 replies
    • Maggie Mae

      Maggie Mae

      What do people do in the Sonoran desert? I've hiked the hikes I wanted to do. Seems like all that is left is golf, shopping at chains that exist everywhere, and stuff I've done. Oh and eating. I can only eat so many times a day. It's too cold to rent a paddleboard or swim. 
      · 7 replies
    • KnittingOwl

      KnittingOwl

      First snow storm of the season hit today. It got windy tonight, and we lost power. Somehow this continues to be a shock to PSE. Why they refuse to upgrade the infrastructure or do something so that 10s of thousands of people don’t lose power and heat literally every time it’s windy, I do not understand. We live in the Pacific Northwest. It gets windy!
      · 3 replies
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      Nebraska's new football coach is an evangelical bullshit artist who participates in "Man Up Ministries" conferences in the off season. Their motto is "Fighting for Biblical Manhood". Excuse me while I go vomit. 
      · 2 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Don't know I'd charge quite that much though.
       

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Wisconsin’s first thanksgiving 

      · 0 replies
    • mango_fandango

      mango_fandango

      Long time no visit…
      COVID has finally caught up with me. Dad tested positive first, last Friday, then my mother, brother and I all tested positive today. Main symptom is feeling really really tired. Hopefully it doesn’t get much worse 🤞 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah probably not the best place to put that quote...

      · 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.