IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

7 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

The Duggars first had their warehouse church with Jill's wedding so they needed a big church option.  Currently they are attending a small IFB church that wouldn't hold their 1000 wedding guests so they have to go find somewhere to rent.

That and each girl might want a slightly different venue just so that their wedding will be set apart a bit, and less copying of another sister, especially with the weddings so close together.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I've got three thoughts on this.

1. It could be an Austin thing, with him wanting to prove to himself that he can support Joy.

2. Flipping five houses could be a promise to Austin's Dad, to prove that he is ready for marriage and ready to support a family.

3. Jim Bob may have learned from allowing Derrick and Ben into his family, and may have decided he wants a son in law who can support his daughter, instead of another adult for Jim Bob to support. I also think Jeremy has more independent financial stability than Derrick and Ben.

On the show it was Jill that said "his dad [Austin's] set a good goal for him: flip 5 houses before you get married."  

I don't think it was for him to prove anything. It could've been, but I'd imagine he's been doing this line of work for some time now. JB would be well aware of that since he's known him for so long. IMO I think his dad said it to give a sense of time as to when it would be a good time to ask Joy. Flipping 5 houses would be what, anywhere from 5-8 months or more depending on many things. 

So... next season is Joy's courtship, engagement and wedding. Two babies. Two possible courtship and Jinger is thrilled about........something?

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

3. Jim Bob may have learned from allowing Derrick and Ben into his family, and may have decided he wants a son in law who can support his daughter, instead of another adult for Jim Bob to support. I also think Jeremy has more independent financial stability than Derrick and Ben.

:deadhorse: TLC checks are supporting the Seewald and Dillard families*. Ben and Derick have college educations and work experience(Ben had two jobs when he started courting Jessa). They could support themselves with "real jobs" if they wanted to. Let's see what happens with Jeremy and Austin. I think the Duggars know people are complaining about the lack of "real jobs".  It will be interesting to see what happens when TCL is gone.

*Ben is working with some ex VF leaders and Derick and Jill are missionaries :pb_rollseyes:

27 minutes ago, Helena Handbaket said:

My prediction:  Ben and Jessa buy the fifth house Austin is flipping. Joy and Austin move into the family "starter home" AKA Ben and Jessa's place after Jeremy performs the wedding.

I wonder why every wedding is at a different venue. Do the churches not want them back? Most Christian families have a home church and a pastor that they consider family.  

I got the impression Austin lived with his family and that is where he works, if he is a volunteer firefighter in St. Paul AR he will need to live near there not the Duggar's, and the Rock is an hour from TTH. Not sure where he flips houses at, Fayettevile is on the way to Joy's and one of biggest cities in AR, Springdale is also near TTH and a bigger city in AR as well, so he's got lots of areas to do it in. I also think they will have to live closer to Fort Rock since Austin does work there as well. It is only an hour away so family can swing by when ever, but not EVERYDAY like Jessa has living in town.

When they were asking where they were wanting to live she said country and I think she said something about a country boy too, I think living on a ranch with horses and farm animals would be her idea of wonderful.  So it sounds like Austin is her brand of awesome. 

25 minutes ago, Kira said:

So... next season is Joy's courtship, engagement and wedding. Two babies. Two possible courtship and Jinger is thrilled about........something?

:deadhorse: TLC checks are supporting the Seewald and Dillard families*. Ben and Derick have college educations and work experience(Ben had two jobs when he started courting Jessa). They could support themselves with "real jobs" if they wanted to. Let's see what happens with Jeremy and Austin. I think the Duggars know people are complaining about the lack of "real jobs".  It will be interesting to see what happens when TCL is gone.

*Ben is working with some ex VF leaders and Derick and Jill are missionaries :pb_rollseyes:

she is thrilled that they went to the grocery store together...something her father never did 

how do we know Ben is working for vanity fair?

2 minutes ago, nst said:

she is thrilled that they went to the grocery store together...something her father never did 

VF is vision forum not vanity fair.

3 minutes ago, nst said:

He isn't. It meant ex-vision forum leaders.

5 minutes ago, nst said:

I think VF = Vision Forum

And yes, how do we know that BS is working for former VF leaders?

8 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

The getting to know eachother part of the relationship should really happen before the honeymoon. 

Hands clapping over here! I know there are other cultures that arrange marriages. But the Duggars claim the period before and during the courtship is when ya get to "know" a person. Oh well...guess Jeremy meant, seeing each other in underwear, pillow head, no make up, morning breath, birth marks, hidden tatoos, farting in sleep, and knowing that snuggling does not always lead to lovemaking...sometimes you she just wants to chill in your arms. Does anyone have anything more to add?? 

Just now, Tangy Bee said:

Hands clapping over here! I know there are other cultures that arrange marriages. But the Duggars claim the period before and during the courtship is when ya get to "know" a person. Oh well...guess Jeremy meant, seeing each other in underwear, pillow head, no make up, morning breath, birth marks, hidden tatoos, farting in sleep, and knowing that snuggling does not always lead to lovemaking...sometimes you she just wants to chill in your arms. Does anyone have anything more to add?? 

Derick also said it.

@amendgitan,

She creeps me out. Very scary woman. I think she's the type to get aroused by watching an infidel burn at the stake. 

Yikes! A few years ago I would've scoffed at this, but when a mother of 19 -- one in NICU -- took the time, not for family, but to bash the beer-license commercial aspirations of a mom & pop gas station, amendgitan , I believe you might be right!!

Just watched some clips. Poor Joy. I hope Austin is just horrifically awkward on camera, trying to be honorable and proper, and he's more laid back in private. I wonder if his income is legit. I watched that World's Strictest Parents episode when the courtship was first announced, and Papa Forsyth doesn't seem like an enabler like JimBob. Still terrifying, with the no closed doors because you shouldn't have anything to hide thing.

Something that really stuck out to me was Jinger said her mom loved kangaroos. It's like, wow, Michelle has a favorite animal? That's not a human baby? I don't know, I sometimes forget that she's a human being, with a life just as complicated as mine. I'm still not a fan of her, of course, and I think she's failed her kids and repressed their opportunities/lives, but... I don't know, that statement just made me sad. I think her beliefs are awful, but I kind of feel bad for her, too.

I didn't see the episode but Austin can marry/court Joy when he has flipped 5 houses? So 23 year-old Austin is going to be able to quickly flip 5 houses that could take professionals years to do? We are supposed to believe that? Are we also going to see him flip the fifth house on camera and celebrate because now he gets to own Joy? How is any of this believable? Where does the money come from for 5 flips? 

As to the Jinger/Jeremy honeymoon, I am sure  TLC scripted Jinger's clothing and their touchy feely affection. I don't doubt they are affectionate but I am sure they were told to play it up for the cameras. As to Jinger's clothing, that had TLC all over it. They likely picked and paid for everything so she could look sophisticated on camera. She wasn't this trendy before even with more modest clothing. I am pretty sure practically everything is scripted on this show. TLC looks at how the public reacted to each courtship/wedding/marriage/pregnancy and modifies the next one. 

12 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I didn't see the episode but Austin can marry/court Joy when he has flipped 5 houses? So 23 year-old Austin is going to be able to quickly flip 5 houses that could take professionals years to do? We are supposed to believe that? Are we also going to see him flip the fifth house on camera and celebrate because now he gets to own Joy? How is any of this believable? Where does the money come from for 5 flips? 

As to the Jinger/Jeremy honeymoon, I am sure  TLC scripted Jinger's clothing and their touchy feely affection. I don't doubt they are affectionate but I am sure they were told to play it up for the cameras. As to Jinger's clothing, that had TLC all over it. They likely picked and paid for everything so she could look sophisticated on camera. She wasn't this trendy before even with more modest clothing. I am pretty sure practically everything is scripted on this show. TLC looks at how the public reacted to each courtship/wedding/marriage/pregnancy and modifies the next one. 

Austin's father put a stipulation that he shouldn't/couldn't marry until he had flipped 5 houses.  I'm sure this was to show that he had an ability to support a wife and children AND give Joy time to grow up, if he's had a thing for her for a couple years he's had to wait until she was at least 18. 

TLC didn't dress Jessa up, she picked out her own clothes. Those clothes have Jeremy written all over them.  He took her shopping for honeymoon clothes, and clothes to wear back home.  He wants her to look the part of a well put together preachers wife.  I doubt the touchy feely was scripted, they were touchy feely while courting why would it stop now? 

2 hours ago, Helena Handbaket said:

I wonder why every wedding is at a different venue. Do the churches not want them back? Most Christian families have a home church and a pastor that they consider family.  

The Duggars do seem to value keeping their church private. I don't think we've ever seen it on the show. Between the crazy leghumpers and their more extreme detractors, I don't blame them.

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Oh no... please tell me we're not going to be speculating on Jinger's reproductive decisions now based on whether or not she wanted to play a digeridoo... :pb_lol:

Keeping in line with the QF she should have laughed, played and said she really wants a honeymoon baby. 

As long as they havn't announced I'm going to cling to every little hope there is that they are waiting. Even if it is riddiculusly small. :)

I haven't seen the show yet, but if I am reading correctly, his dad said "flip 5 houses" not 5 MORE houses so maybe he already had a couple under his belt.

5 minutes ago, Purrl said:

I haven't seen the show yet, but if I am reading correctly, his dad said "flip 5 houses" not 5 MORE houses so maybe he already had a couple under his belt.

Yes, the statement was very ambiguous.

1 hour ago, MargaretElliott said:

Just watched some clips. Poor Joy. I hope Austin is just horrifically awkward on camera, trying to be honorable and proper, and he's more laid back in private. I wonder if his income is legit. I watched that World's Strictest Parents episode when the courtship was first announced, and Papa Forsyth doesn't seem like an enabler like JimBob. Still terrifying, with the no closed doors because you shouldn't have anything to hide thing.

Something that really stuck out to me was Jinger said her mom loved kangaroos. It's like, wow, Michelle has a favorite animal? That's not a human baby? I don't know, I sometimes forget that she's a human being, with a life just as complicated as mine. I'm still not a fan of her, of course, and I think she's failed her kids and repressed their opportunities/lives, but... I don't know, that statement just made me sad. I think her beliefs are awful, but I kind of feel bad for her, too.

Me too! It was just such a normal comment to make when traveling. I don't think of Michelle as an actual person mostly I just picture her as some kind of asshole robot. JInger managed to humanize her with an off the cuff comment about kangaroos.

Is it weird to anyone else how the kids are not portrayed as actual perople until after marriage? Until marriage there are small glimpses of personality but they are mostly like drones.

17 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

Ew. Joy bringing the menfolk water while they do something with a fence or something. EW. That was so......subservient. 

I don't agree, whenever my husband is doing something that either I can't do or don't want to do, I at least will bring him tools he might need or water to keep him hydrated. Never considered myself to be subservient, just thoughtful.

2 minutes ago, sansan said:

I don't agree, whenever my husband is doing something that either I can't do or don't want to do, I at least will bring him tools he might need or water to keep him hydrated. Never considered myself to be subservient, just thoughtful.

Yeah, that's true. I guess I just read too much into it when it's a Duggar girl! With Joy's tomboy tendencies and the fact that Austin handed her a chainsaw initially, I was hoping to see him showing her how to do the fence job, or having her help with it, and then she was bringing water. But yes, I would do the same thing for my husband if I couldn't or didn't want to be involved in the actual job. Duggar gender roles messed with my brain here. :my_shy:

17 hours ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Two beds for their honeymoon suite? 

Be grateful they didn't show the sheets. :brainbleach:

17 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Those are.... shoulders?!??!  .... and knees....

And she left the hotel wearing a short dress with leggings.  :CLINDOEIL:

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

Wonder if the marriage will be license to grift for a living?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived