IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

From her time in Arkansas, my mother called stepdad Mr. S at times and the Dawg even, Mr. Louie.  I mostly heard it toward older people or people in authority type positions, but I heard a few wives going Mr. X.  The miss thing was all over so I'm not sure I can sort it in my mind.

My dad's family is/was from Arkansas, and I lived there for several years as a very small tot, and my great aunt always called me Miss XXX it was her term of endearment, she called me this until she died 2 years ago, I was 44 when she died. I do it to my nieces now, I never put the two together until just now. LOL.  

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Kelsey said:

One thing I forgot to mention: Jeremy defrauded me in his sweatpants. I mean I could see the outline of "his hooded friend."

:brainbleach:

48 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My dad's family is/was from Arkansas, and I lived there for several years as a very small tot, and my great aunt always called me Miss XXX it was her term of endearment, she called me this until she died 2 years ago, I was 44 when she died. I do it to my nieces now, I never put the two together until just now. LOL.  

I'm in the midwest. My family never did this, but my husband's family all refer to people as Ms. _, Mrs. _, or Mr. _. If they're related, they're Aunt _, Uncle _, Grandmother _, or Grandfather _. They're pretty serious about it, too. They don't correct me, but they'll correct toddlers when they're just learning to speak. Repeatedly. Until they get it right.

It makes me uncomfortable, but it's hard to explain why. It's not that I don't respect these people, or appreciate the familial relation. I referred to an uncle of mine as Mr. Uncle _ for years as a child (jokingly at first - I'd called him Uncle _ trying to get his attention, and he corrected "That's Mr. Uncle _ to you."). For some reason, it just weirds me out when it's grown adults calling one another by those names.

I'm from northern New Jersery we don't really call people Mr or Miss first name. I personally still call people Mr or Mrs last name espically the parents of old classmates of mine that I see once in while. Even though a few have asked me to call them by their first names. 

5 hours ago, karen77 said:

I flew from LA to Sydney on the big Airbus 380 (full double decker) and it was 15 hrs. NOte it was 13 hrs coming back in a 747 but landing in San Fran.

We flew LAX to Aukland in 13 hours.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, Bazinga said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see much chemistry at all between Joy and Austin? I think most of it has to do with the fact that I think Austin is SUPER drunk on the kool-aid. Thus, he must keep things pure at all times. Maybe I'm wrong here. I can only hope for the best for those two.

I don't think you're wrong.  He ASKED if he could side hug.  Jeremy would have just done it. 

And Jeremy had his arms around Jinger a lot, just when hanging out on a couch and not just during quick greet side hugs.  In the "visit Laredo" episode in a TH he said "Apparently they don't do that."  In other words, he didn't ask permission, it didn't even occur to him to ask permission -- he just did what would be  normal for a couple hanging out on a couch.

It must be maddening to not hold hands.

26 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

I don't think you're wrong.  He ASKED if he could side hug.  Jeremy would have just done it. 

And Jeremy had his arms around Jinger a lot, just when hanging out on a couch and not just during quick greet side hugs.  In the "visit Laredo" episode in a TH he said "Apparently they don't do that."  In other words, he didn't ask permission, it didn't even occur to him to ask permission -- he just did what would be  normal for a couple hanging out on a couch.

But having just said this, I do want to give Austin a chance and I do see sweetness between he and Joy.  He's not a guy used to expressing emotion, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love her.  In some of the promos there were cute looks between them on the Rock that they didn't show in the actual episode (they keep doing that which is so annoying).  I also think the whole no-touching thing makes it so much worse.  So much chemistry gets expressed through simple hugging/snuggling that they can't do, so it makes it look awkward when if he could just frickin' reach for her hand it wouldn't look so weird.  I think his vow not to hold hands during courtship was because he wanted to live up to Joy's family's standard to win her.  I have a feeling his parents haven't set that rule so he didn't grow up with it. That's why he felt he had to make a vow and stick to it.  I do respect that his father set a work/monetary goal for him before marriage and he does seem to have a good work ethic.  I doubt they'll be in the TTH compound.  They'll probably live in a cabin at Fort Rock, help out there but he'll still flip houses etc.  I don't agree with people who say she's better off than Jinger.  Noooo.  That family is way fundy.  My only hope is that since he only has one sibling, it means he grew up thinking BC is normal and truly doesn't want 4,372 children. 

And yes -- the whole cameras/chaperones/staged thing must have made everything look way worse than it really is.  And we've only watched them together for all of 7 minutes maybe.

On 3/1/2017 at 8:32 PM, Kangaroo said:

Yep! Male red kangaroos are incredibly dangerous. 

They're bigger and stronger than humans, and they can impact a lot of damage very quickly when threatened.

Its not uncommon to hear stories of dogs being attacked by Roos, and humans that try to assist are also hurt.

Generally in a captive environment, you won't find an aggressive adult male. Generally you'll only have Eastern Grey females and juveniles.

For less dangerous alternatives let me introduce to you:

The Wallaby, the Mala, the Bandicoot and the Quokka (everyone's favourite smiley guy!)

images (2).jpg

download.jpg

images (3).jpg

images (4).jpg

I'm just quoting this because OMG CUTENESS!!!!  That little smiley guy needs to replace my kitty.

2 hours ago, trustworthy said:

Joy made a comment about not holding hands and remaining pure.  I wondered if it was some shade at JinJer since they didn't follow those rules.  I'm starting to think JB/Meechelle set the rules until they are met with someone who can stand up for himself

37 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Joy made a comment about not holding hands and remaining pure.  I wondered if it was some shade at JinJer since they didn't follow those rules.  I'm starting to think JB/Meechelle set the rules until they are met with someone who can stand up for himself

Ok, I know this has been said before. Jinger and Jeremy only held hands AFTER engagement, like all the other couples. A little frontal hugging is as racy as they got. The only reason Joy pointed out that they aim to remain pure is because they remind us of that with every relationship. Just spouting the party line.

On 2/22/2017 at 2:40 PM, VeganCupcake said:

Well regardless of income you will have to pay for childcare until the baby is school age if you continue working. 

Ok let me clarify what I meant cause it came off wrong. I CANNOT afford a nanny or daycare right now & therefore won't have kids until I can. Because I don't want to ever stay home. I know lots of moms are FORCED ago stay home bc of childcare costs. But in my post I said you will have to pay fir it IF you keep working, which s true. Unless your spouse stays home. 

@grandmadugger LMAO at their idea that remaining pure includes no handholding! Hahaha 

Remaining pure = no hand holding will never not be funny.

Reminds me of when I was in grade school and we all had to stand in a circle holding hands during an assembly. Such heathens, we were. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Reminds me of when I was in grade school and we all had to stand in a circle holding hands during an assembly. Such heathens, we were. 

You didn't have a boy circle and a girl circle? No wonder the Duggars don't want to send their kids to evil public schools. The horror.

27 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

You didn't have a boy circle and a girl circle? No wonder the Duggars don't want to send their kids to evil public schools. The horror.

No way. We all held hands and turn in a circle singing "Little Sammy/Sally Saucer." It was in kindergarten and very racy! ;) 

And what if you played Heads Up 7 Up? What if a boy pushed your thumb down? SCANDALOUS!

My first kiss - 5th grade playing spin the bottle on a school trip.

We did have a boy and a girl circle while playing that game, then we met up for the kissing part :my_angel:

The crap about not holding hands annoys me. Do these people think holding hands will catapult them into the nearest bedroom? Goodness.

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Omg I remember at school once someone was sick & we all held hands (random gender arrangement) for a PRAYER CIRCLE. Ha what could the Duggars say about that? Well I do remember Mullet freaking out when Jessa/Ben held hands to pray before dinner. 

i have just started the most recent ep and I am in full agreement with you guys who think Austin is a serial killer.. like.. he just has this socio/psychopath vibe.. and a very resting bitch face. He reminds me of Dexter. Young guy.. finding his place slaughtering animals that threaten Ye Olde Fort Rock Family Camp... 

Just the way he's like "HEY. Yourdadhome? I'm gonna go talktohim >:|"

The crap about not holding hands annoys me. Do these people think holding hands will catapult them into the nearest bedroom? Goodness.

Well said! It has always made me crazy too!

30 minutes ago, season of life said:

Clearly, you don't know the power of hand holding.  Haha :content:

There was a time that men went crazy over seeing a woman's ankle. ha

15 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Ok, I know this has been said before. Jinger and Jeremy only held hands AFTER engagement, like all the other couples. A little frontal hugging is as racy as they got. The only reason Joy pointed out that they aim to remain pure is because they remind us of that with every relationship. Just spouting the party line.

I always thought they started holding hands as soon as they started courting and then started cuddling more after engagement. Just what I thought I remember seeing while watching this season

11 minutes ago, st4rfl33t said:

i have just started the most recent ep and I am in full agreement with you guys who think Austin is a serial killer.. like.. he just has this socio/psychopath vibe.. and a very resting bitch face. He reminds me of Dexter. Young guy.. finding his place slaughtering animals that threaten Ye Olde Fort Rock Family Camp... 

Just the way he's like "HEY. Yourdadhome? I'm gonna go talktohim >:|"

And now they're officially engaged...

Just now, st4rfl33t said:

I always thought they started holding hands as soon as they started courting and then started cuddling more after engagement.

No. None of them have held hands before engagement, only after.  They are too pure for that.:my_rolleyes:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived