IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

Austin (from what I've seen of the clip) have me weird vibes too. Although, he might just be getting used to the cameras, especially if he's shy. Plus, he's trained to be serious/godly all the time. 

I can't believe Jeremy talked about aphrodisiacs. I wonder if Jinger even knows what that is. He was surprisingly frisky (I know Duggars allude to sex all the time but he was definitely more physical) 

Run Joy! 

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

call me picky, but i couldn't get over jeremy buttoning his denim shirt all the way up to his neck. is that a thing? i thought it looked ridiculous. jinger looked so good in that orange dress i couldn't believe it.

2 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

I can't believe Jeremy talked about aphrodisiacs. I wonder if Jinger even knows what that is.

LMAO what?! I missed the show, what'd he say? Isn't that a little defrauding for a pastor to be discussing, lol. 

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

They're going "down under." Jeremy hopes they can take a deep breath and enjoy one another and have quality alone time building a relationship and getting to know eachother.

The getting to know eachother part of the relationship should really happen before the honeymoon. 

17 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I agree, this is most likely why they are media silent, they don't want to be "famous" they want to live their life, they haven't been seen or heard from since their honeymoon, well there were a few shots of Christmas with his family but other than that they have been quiet I think. 

@antwan I think Jinger's uncomfortable stares are more of she is uncomfortable with the implications of her future sex life by her sisters & creepy Derrick If I were a sheltered virgin I would be squicked out by that talk as well. I'm really hoping we are right in thinking it will be a while before JinJer have kids.  I hope they wait at least a year before she gets pregnant. 

These people don't believe in birth control. It's flat against their core religious beliefs. Jinger married a pastor. She has showed not one sign of veering from the extreme fundie lifestyle. Even if she showed a tiny bit more arm or whatever. 

Unless she has reproductive issues she will be knocked up rapidly and looking forward to a life of endless bloat and babies. 

On 2/25/2017 at 0:53 PM, calimojo said:

I have seen that scene a few times and each time I see it differently.  At first, I just thought she was over dramatizing it for the show.  Then another time, I really felt like Michelle was a zealot in their courtship rules and was truly shocked.  Another time, I felt like she was truly alarmed and looked at JB to see his response because she was almost fearful that he would melt down, but when he more or less shrugged it off, she seemed to relax. 

So I don't know what to think.  Could it be that Michelle herself has changed?  Could it be that she is having a realization that some aspects of their control over adult children is wrong.  Who knows?

You know I've always thought Michelle is the most fanatic zealot of the two of them. I think she fantasized about dying a martyr during childbirth. I think that kind of zealotry excites her. 

But she has to follow her husband's lead so she has to back down when he disappointingly doesn't make a big deal about some sort of transgression as she would like. 

She creeps me out. Very scary woman. I think she's the type to get aroused by watching an infidel burn at the stake. 

5 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Anyone catch Jeremy talking about how seafood is an aphrodisiac? They are so natural together and I loved how Jinger was so sarcastic and had a personality.

I really don't like Austin and I can't believe on the preview, he is asking Boob's blessing to marry Joy. *barf*

So sad. He's a dour, humorless person. I think she's just super excited to achieve the dream of every woman in their culture to get married.  She's going to be so trapped. So young. 

2 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Austin (from what I've seen of the clip) have me weird vibes too. Although, he might just be getting used to the cameras, especially if he's shy. Plus, he's trained to be serious/godly all the time. 

I can't believe Jeremy talked about aphrodisiacs. I wonder if Jinger even knows what that is. He was surprisingly frisky (I know Duggars allude to sex all the time but he was definitely more physical) 

Run Joy! 

Wasn't his family on one of those strictest parents in the world shows?

Oh no... please tell me we're not going to be speculating on Jinger's reproductive decisions now based on whether or not she wanted to play a digeridoo... :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Oh no... please tell me we're not going to be speculating on Jinger's reproductive decisions now based on whether or not she wanted to play a digeridoo... :pb_lol:

So that's what they're calling it nowadays. Good to know.  ;) 

6 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

LMAO what?! I missed the show, what'd he say? Isn't that a little defrauding for a pastor to be discussing, lol. 

They were cooking and eating seafood and the chef was getting pissed because Jeremy kept stopping to put his hands around Jinger and kiss her and he said something like "sorry, seafood is an aphrodisiac" 

9 minutes ago, hollywood said:

They were cooking and eating seafood and the chef was getting pissed because Jeremy kept stopping to put his hands around Jinger and kiss her and he said something like "sorry, seafood is an aphrodisiac" 

I wonder if Jinger knew what that meant. 

8 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Run Joy! 

I'll give him time that was really his 1st time in front of a TV camera as an adult with out his parents around. JD was really awkward when he 1st started doing the TH but he's gotten more comfortable with them and seems less like the stick up his butt has a stick up its butt. 

8 hours ago, griffin said:

call me picky, but i couldn't get over jeremy buttoning his denim shirt all the way up to his neck. is that a thing? i thought it looked ridiculous. jinger looked so good in that orange dress i couldn't believe it.

Yeah, that top button reminded me of my awkward son when he was 14/15 and insisted that the top button be done, he FINALLY listened to his girlfriend at 16 who got him to stop.  I was shocked at how TINY Jinger is, I realize all the girls wear lose fitting clothes with several of layers under them, but putting her in fitted clothing emphasizes just how tiny she is.  I thought she looked really good the whole time.

5 hours ago, amendgitan said:

Snip 

So sad. He's a dour, humorless person. I think she's just super excited to achieve the dream of every woman in their culture to get married.  She's going to be so trapped. So young. 

Wasn't his family on one of those strictest parents in the world shows?

We saw an all of 5 minutes of the boy, and 3 of them were talking to Boob asking to date his 18/19 year old daughter. I'll reserve judgment on him.

I agree, I think Joy is caught up in her sister's getting married and having babies.  i imagine she's spent most of her life wanting to fit in with the older sisters and was finally allowed into the "club" when Jess & Jill started courting and they needed another sister mom to pick up the slack in chores. And I still don't think Jessa or Jill saw her as more than their baby sister, considering Joy is Jill's oldest child in away. Her marring and having a baby will put her in the same league as them. 

Yes, his family was on Strictest Parents he was 14/15 at the time.

that "can I give you a side hug" moment between Joy and Austin made me so uncomfortable.  poor Joy. She deserves so much better. :(   On a happier note, horrible fundie ideology aside, Jinger looks fantastic to me, and happy! I agree with whomever mentioned about the "beard-burn" lololol! ;) 

I know the whole rock thing was staged with Joy and Austin - but it was so uncomfortable to watch... I kept imagining all her brothers behind the camera. Just made me feel so used on Joy's part. 

I still don't like Jeremy regardless. 

So did Joy get a gift to mark the occasion? Necklace, something? Or was that only Derick who included a gift? 

Second, who did Austin make the no-handies vow to -- JB or his father? 

Third, did he seriously say "I cannot get married until I flip five houses?"

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

So did Joy get a gift to mark the occasion? Necklace, something? Or was that only Derick who included a gift? 

Second, who did Austin make the no-handies vow to -- JB or his father? 

he could have said it behind the scenes so we don't know 

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

Snip

I've got three thoughts on this.

1. It could be an Austin thing, with him wanting to prove to himself that he can support Joy.

2. Flipping five houses could be a promise to Austin's Dad, to prove that he is ready for marriage and ready to support a family.

3. Jim Bob may have learned from allowing Derrick and Ben into his family, and may have decided he wants a son in law who can support his daughter, instead of another adult for Jim Bob to support. I also think Jeremy has more independent financial stability than Derrick and Ben.

33 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I think he said it was a condition his father set. I bet he did it in record time.:pb_lol:

13 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I think he said it was a condition his father set. I bet he did it in record time.:pb_lol:

Well this courtship happened around October, right? (Judging on when they announced and the foliage/clothes people were wearing). It's been like 6 months since then (or less if he really did ask after Jinger's wedding). 5 houses in 6 months is pretty impressive, especially if he did the work himself. 

Who wants to bet that when Jill and Derick return from CA, they'll get a really nice house that Austin flipped? 

I might be all sorts of mixed up -- the courtship started while I was studying for the bar -- but I thought Austin worked for HIS father at their.... camp or whatever it is? Can anyone pint me to a good synopsis of all this?

I know Joy was a tomboy back in the day but I really don't get a " wants to flee the life"from her.  I don't think it matters how progressive her suitor may or may not be. I just feel like she wants to toe the party line.  She seems good with it.  Idk just a feeling I get and I hope I'm wrong.

My prediction:  Ben and Jessa buy the fifth house Austin is flipping. Joy and Austin move into the family "starter home" AKA Ben and Jessa's place after Jeremy performs the wedding.

I wonder why every wedding is at a different venue. Do the churches not want them back? Most Christian families have a home church and a pastor that they consider family.  

Well what I got is that Austin has an actual work ethic and is making money. Beyond that they are all stuck in the cult. Poor Joy is so young to start having babies. 

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Go ask Rufus, he's got the inside scoop. :lol: And this is definitely not the most bizarre theory on this thread.  Jinger was the one who said that they were told women shouldn't play it since they'd get pregnant.  I assume she just didn't want to.  

Getting back to Joy/Austin, I hope we see a lighter side to him.  I doubt it.  They have the promise to be the most fundy.  Also, what is a "dozer" business?  Is that for bulldozer?

14 minutes ago, Helena Handbaket said:

I wonder why every wedding is at a different venue. Do the churches not want them back? Most Christian families have a home church and a pastor that they consider family.  

The Duggars first had their warehouse church with Jill's wedding so they needed a big church option.  Currently they are attending a small IFB church that wouldn't hold their 1000 wedding guests so they have to go find somewhere to rent.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived