IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

I didn't get to watch the last 20 mins yet but Austin seriously gives off a Maxwell vibe. He admires her ability to keep the younger kids in line?!? And of course "she has a heart for the Lord". She's diligent?! Wtf. It's like a fundy singles ad. He's looking for a work horse to raise a bunch of kids. Run Joy!! And Jeremy is saying one too many sex references.  Gross dude. But they seem very relaxed and happy together.  It made me sad that Derrick and Benessa talked about the honeymoon as a time you get to know each other better. Isn't that what dating is for? And JB had to be a Dick about a courting request once again. I felt like part of that scene was spliced out. He went from asking for time to think to welcoming him with open arms in 90 seconds.  

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

On a side note, does anyone else's  phone automatically correct Jinger y o hinge? 

It usually gets changed to finger on my phone.

18 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I missed it. Did he ask permission/blessing to court her or to marry her??

He asked to court in the show but in the new season commercial he asks for permission for her hand in marriage...

I agree, Jeremy and Jinger seem really comfortable together and I liked how free she felt to sort of criticize his driving.  And he was sweet to her when she felt car sick. 

And I agree, Austin seems like a dud.  Very stilted and overly proper. 

So is it really worth it to TLC to fly them all the way to Australia to only show them throwing a boomerang, playing a didgeridoo, shopping at a farmer's market and cooking together?  I wouldn't think so.  Nice to see Jinger so comfortable with Jeremy and reverting to her true self. I'm disappointed that Joy is already engaged (at least the previews made it seem like she is.) I thought they'd wait til summer.

well, hopefully they did more than what was shown.  I actually thought they spent time in NZ also.  In fact weren't they over there around the time they had an earthquake?

Hopefully they spent most of their trip just being together without camera people.

Where do you think those interviews with the host are done?  They all look like the same set,  so I assume they have a specific location.  Are they flying the family to where ever TLC is?  Or is it set up somewhere near the TTH?  If so, then that would mean that it is likely that Jinger and Jeremy came back to Arkansas after the honeymoon.

Jeremy and Jinger are cute together and seem much more real than the other couples. 

As much as I would like to see how Jinger manages her new life, I really do hope they just bow out and only make appearances now and then, a la Alyssa Bates Webster

3 minutes ago, calimojo said:

well, hopefully they did more than what was shown.  I actually thought they spent time in NZ also.  In fact weren't they over there around the time they had an earthquake?

Hopefully they spent most of their trip just being together without camera people.

Oh, I'm sure they did do things that we didn't see.  I was just thinking that the expense for TLC wouldn't be worth it. I guess we'll see when the numbers are available.

I know they were supposed to go to NZ first but plans changed after the earthquake.  I don't know if they ended up going there at all.

5 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Where do you think those interviews with the host are done?  They all look like the same set,  so I assume they have a specific location.  Are they flying the family to where ever TLC is?  Or is it set up somewhere near the TTH?  If so, then that would mean that it is likely that Jinger and Jeremy came back to Arkansas after the honeymoon.

Jeremy and Jinger are cute together and seem much more real than the other couples. 

As much as I would like to see how Jinger manages her new life, I really do hope they just bow out and only make appearances now and then, a la Alyssa Bates Webster

I agree. I'm pretty sure they went to NZ as well. The only specific timeline mentioned in the episode was that they would be in Sydney for 6 days. They didn't specify anything else for the trip, and thus could easily have gone to NZ without being accompanied by any of the crew since it doesn't sound like it got filmed.

1 hour ago, Pukingpearl said:

Hey! Jinger is sounding and looking like a relaxed, comfortable adult and not a robot!! And she and Jeremy seem to be on equal footing with one another instead of her being under his authority. And she wasted no time in breaking free of Duggar modesty standards. 

I know someone will remind me that these people are still crazy, but baby steps? I think it's a lot smoother transition to reality when you're not wearing a frumper or being dry humped at a mini golf course against your will.

I wonder if a bathing suit was worn and fun at the beach was had?  I can see Jeremy talking her into it, they are in a  country where they would be almost completely unknown, it is hot it summer, there is the ocean, why not, they didn't film everything.  Jinger could have found a nice modest one piece or she could have really gone wild and got a bikini.  

I think they cancelled the New Zealand portion of their trip because of the earthquake, but I'm not sure if they cut the whole honeymoon short or if they just spent those extra days in Australia.

5 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

I agree. I'm pretty sure they went to NZ as well. The only specific timeline mentioned in the episode was that they would be in Sydney for 6 days. They didn't specify anything else for the trip, and thus could easily have gone to NZ without being accompanied by any of the crew since it doesn't sound like it got filmed.

They were going to go but NZ had a massive earthquake a few days before they were supposed to go so they canceled that leg of their trip. 

13 minutes ago, Pasta said:

He asked to court in the show but in the new season commercial he asks for permission for her hand in marriage...

Yikes! But the day was obviously coming. I wonder when he asked to marry her. I haven't seen the clip to analyze it lol. It must have been sometime in 2017 though. And they're obviously already engaged right now.

On the Fort Rock website, the April 27-30 "family conference" looks very suspicious as it's the only event  that's unavailable because it's booked. It also says "the family conference is a private event." If it really is their wedding, it would fit very well into the timing if they got engaged Jan-Feb. Jill and Jessa got married about 3 mo. after engagement. For Jing it was about 3.8 months. 

10 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Yikes! But the day was obviously coming. I wonder when he asked to marry her. I haven't seen the clip to analyze it lol. It must have been sometime in 2017 though. And they're obviously already engaged right now.

On the Fort Rock website, the April 27-30 "family conference" looks very suspicious as it's the only event  that's unavailable because it's booked. It also says "the family conference is a private event." If it really is their wedding, it would fit very well into the timing if they got engaged Jan-Feb. Jill and Jessa got married about 3 mo. after engagement. For Jing it was about 3.8 months. 

It IS a wedding. A poster from another site called Fort Rock with the premise that her daughter wanted to get married there that weekend. She was told that it was already booked for a wedding. 

14 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They were going to go but NZ had a massive earthquake a few days before they were supposed to go so they canceled that leg of their trip. 

Interesting. I wonder what that did to the timeline of their trip. If they were supposed to go to NZ before Australia as someone suggested up thread, then did they just spend longer in the States first, or change the timing of the Australia trip? I wonder.

12 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

This may be such a small thing to comment on, but I kind of liked that Jinger said "I decided to do floor length dresses because my sisters hadn't done that yet". Such a small thing, but trying to set herself apart and keep her own independent style in a way.

And it sure isn't easy to come up with a way, in that family, to stand out (especially in their own self perceptions).

25 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wonder if a bathing suit was worn and fun at the beach was had?  I can see Jeremy talking her into it, they are in a  country where they would be almost completely unknown, it is hot it summer, there is the ocean, why not, they didn't film everything.  Jinger could have found a nice modest one piece or she could have really gone wild and got a bikini.  

How did she break with Duggar modesty???

9 minutes ago, marmalade said:

It IS a wedding. A poster from another site called Fort Rock with the premise that her daughter wanted to get married there that weekend. She was told that it was already booked for a wedding. 

Ooh so it's got to be there's! I wonder if the person calling actually had a daughter who wanted to get married there. I would've made that up so I can get more info on the event! Where exactly did you see it?

4 minutes ago, Jiraffe said:

I was just thinking this too. Ben and Jessa looked incredibly awkward together on their honeymoon episode, and Jinger and Jeremy are joking around, looking very happy and not forced. 

So I was about to say, I felt bad for her with the close-up shot of her profile they just showed...her skin was looking rough. Then it occurred to me...may not be acne. May be...beard burn????? You go, Jinge. Lol

As for this next part about Joy...not that we don't already know, but sigh. 

i think Ben and Jessa were not prepared to look like they wanted to show true emotion.  It has always been private with them 

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I didn't get to watch the last 20 mins yet but Austin seriously gives off a Maxwell vibe. He admires her ability to keep the younger kids in line?!? And of course "she has a heart for the Lord". She's diligent?! Wtf. It's like a fundy singles ad. He's looking for a work horse to raise a bunch of kids. Run Joy!! And Jeremy is saying one too many sex references.  Gross dude. But they seem very relaxed and happy together.  It made me sad that Derrick and Benessa talked about the honeymoon as a time you get to know each other better. Isn't that what dating is for? And JB had to be a Dick about a courting request once again. I felt like part of that scene was spliced out. He went from asking for time to think to welcoming him with open arms in 90 seconds.  

I actually like Austin, in spite of his uber fundieness. With his family owning the camp, a place that the Duggars have spent time at,  I  think Joy, who loves the outdoors and IS a fundie gal, will feel very much at ease, -happy, if I dare say. Austin seems sweet to me. And kind of quiet/shy like Joy. I wish them the best.

5 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Ooh so it's got to be there's! I wonder if the person calling actually had a daughter who wanted to get married there. I would've made that up so I can get more info on the event! Where exactly did you see it?

This was at least six weeks ago, not long after the announcement. I couldn't begin to hunt down the post now, but it did happen. 

So far all of the couples have had a no hand holding until engagement policy except Jinger/Jeremy.

1 hour ago, Pasta said:

OMG are you serious 

that is insane 

1 minute ago, RosyDaisy said:

So far all of the couples have had a no hand holding until engagement policy except Jinger/Jeremy.

I don't think they held hands before engagement either, did they?

I am really hoping we don't get a people cover with Joy and Austin engaged for at least a year 

and next season Jinger and Jeremy go to the grocery store - how exciting 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived