IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

Wearing the orange dress while Jeremy is eating the king fish - is that a hint of a hickiy under Jinger's left ear - on her neck????

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Helena Handbaket said:

My prediction:  Ben and Jessa buy the fifth house Austin is flipping. Joy and Austin move into the family "starter home" AKA Ben and Jessa's place after Jeremy performs the wedding.

I wonder why every wedding is at a different venue. Do the churches not want them back? Most Christian families have a home church and a pastor that they consider family.  

HE'd have to be licensed to perform a ceremony in Arkansas.   I'd doubt they would go to Texas for a wedding. 

I have been painting walls this morning so plenty of time to have some wonderings.

1. I wonder if Jinger even knows what aphrodisiac means?

2. I personally would not have answered correctly if someone asks me, What's a joey. I know what they are but just don't think about them much and again the guys giving goofy answers.

3. I wonder if the girls even know what a hickey is or what they are called. 

4. I wonder where Jinger's clothes are coming from? Did Jeremy buy them and pack them cause we know M & JB would not like them.

5. I do believe Jeremy and Jinger have genuine affection for each other. Josh and Anna just looked awkward when they married. Jill and Derick were cute but still a bit off. Don't get me started on Jessa and Ben, he was just basically a horny teenager. 

6. I thought Joy sounded mature when Austin asked her to court. We all remember Jill's AWESOME statement.  And truly Austin does have some things to offer, flipping houses, working with his family, I think he is the second one to not need to work for Jim Bob. AND maybe he can hire Josh to help flip houses as a construction  worker. Maybe Joy can study Real Estate.

7. Lastly, I wonder how many of the young girls, Josie and up, know anything about Josh's escapades. Do they make sure he is never alone with any of them or if they know anything about his basic shunning.

Ok, back to painting. Peace out!

58 minutes ago, Jiraffe said:

Yeah, that's true. I guess I just read too much into it when it's a Duggar girl! With Joy's tomboy tendencies and the fact that Austin handed her a chainsaw initially, I was hoping to see him showing her how to do the fence job, or having her help with it, and then she was bringing water. But yes, I would do the same thing for my husband if I couldn't or didn't want to be involved in the actual job. Duggar gender roles messed with my brain here. :my_shy:

We cool.  I have a ~friend (not so much any more) that sat on her duff when her husband painted the 2nd story of their huge house and when I asked her what she did, she said nothing, I'm not painting. I asked if she at least took him water and she said No, it was too hot out there. I think that is when I decided she was just a waste of skin.

29 minutes ago, sansan said:

I have been painting walls this morning so plenty of time to have some wonderings.

1. I wonder if Jinger even knows what aphrodisiac means?

2. I personally would not have answered correctly if someone asks me, What's a joey. I know what they are but just don't think about them much and again the guys giving goofy answers.

3. I wonder if the girls even know what a hickey is or what they are called. 

4. I wonder where Jinger's clothes are coming from? Did Jeremy buy them and pack them cause we know M & JB would not like them.

5. I do believe Jeremy and Jinger have genuine affection for each other. Josh and Anna just looked awkward when they married. Jill and Derick were cute but still a bit off. Don't get me started on Jessa and Ben, he was just basically a horny teenager. 

6. I thought Joy sounded mature when Austin asked her to court. We all remember Jill's AWESOME statement.  And truly Austin does have some things to offer, flipping houses, working with his family, I think he is the second one to not need to work for Jim Bob. AND maybe he can hire Josh to help flip houses as a construction  worker. Maybe Joy can study Real Estate.

7. Lastly, I wonder how many of the young girls, Josie and up, know anything about Josh's escapades. Do they make sure he is never alone with any of them or if they know anything about his basic shunning.

Ok, back to painting. Peace out!

We cool.  I have a ~friend (not so much any more) that sat on her duff when her husband painted the 2nd story of their huge house and when I asked her what she did, she said nothing, I'm not painting. I asked if she at least took him water and she said No, it was too hot out there. I think that is when I decided she was just a waste of skin.

I do a large amount of the yard work, mainly because I like being outside. I have had neighbors make comments on why I do so much yard work and ask where my husband is. I hate that people make assumptions. 

Austin's house flipping probably just amounts to sprucing them up with paint/flooring, cleaning up the yards, etc., not a full gut job.

19 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Bin TH - we went to europe on our honeymoon.  Jessa says it was super nice.

Buzzard, you are a rock star for doing this. This line made me laugh because i was imagine it as Ben actually saying "Jessa says it was super nice", as though in a complete fundie role-reversal, only her opinion mattered. (Although with Jessa, that might not be so far-fetched!)

Anyway please don't think I'm poking fun at your phrasing or anything - you do an awesome job, this just tickled me.

17 hours ago, calimojo said:

And he was sweet to her when she felt car sick. 

I agree, except that it probably wasn't a good activity to have scheduled in the first place for someone who gets seasick.

"Hey baaaabe, I know you barf at the thought of boats. but let's do this harbour cruise!"

"But baaaabe I might get seasick!"

"Tough. Headship. Cruise."

....you know?

i just watched the episode and didn't hear Jinger say the "thrilled" bit at the end, or in the clip about next season. Did they edit it out already? what was the context?

6 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Well this courtship happened around October, right? (Judging on when they announced and the foliage/clothes people were wearing). It's been like 6 months since then (or less if he really did ask after Jinger's wedding). 5 houses in 6 months is pretty impressive, especially if he did the work himself. 

Who wants to bet that when Jill and Derick return from CA, they'll get a really nice house that Austin flipped? 

I'm sure he did probably 3 or 4 of those flips prior to asking Boob to court Joy. He said he closed on a house when Boob asked how flipping was going, I'm assuming that was house 5. He and Joy have been "friends" for 5 years and probably pre-courting for several months or even longer. If he talked to his father about courting anyone and asked when he thought it would be a good idea the flipping of 5 houses probably came up then. If he is doing small to mid sized homes he can do 3 or 4 in a year taking into consideration the finding, buying, fixing & selling of a house, each one probably takes 3 to 4 months, ideally.  We don't know his dad said flip 5 houses AFTER Austin asked his dad and Mr. JimBob (GAG) if he could start courting.  

Hey! This is for Sansan. I first heard the Duggar girls mention "love marks" on Josh's wedding day clip. I recall him being extremely lovey dovey. Was very shocked, because who would of thought a Duggar girl was aware of such a thing! Should actually be called, "lust marks" because of the intense sucking that goes on to get those bruises. I used toothpaste to get rid of mine before Ma found out.

20 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Hey! This is for Sansan. I first heard the Duggar girls mention "love marks" on Josh's wedding day clip. I recall him being extremely lovey dovey. Was very shocked, because who would of thought a Duggar girl was aware of such a thing! Should actually be called, "lust marks" because of the intense sucking that goes on to get those bruises. I used toothpaste to get rid of mine before Ma found out.

Given how JB compulsively shows off his lust for/ownership of J'chelle, I wouldn't be surprised if they've seen them on her. :brainbleach: :brainbleach::brain-bleach:

Saw the last episode. Jeremy asking, "What are you second most excited about on this trip?" was a little ew.  Also, I found it surprising when Jinger said that her mom always wanted a kangaroo. Just picturing J'Chelle hanging out with a kangaroo. Weird. I like that when Jinger got a little more "real" with Jeremy about his driving, he seemed to enjoy it. Not that he wanted to scare her, but that he seemed to enjoy her more real, not "keeping sweet" personality. 

34 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Given how JB compulsively shows off his lust for/ownership of J'chelle, I wouldn't be surprised if they've seen them on her. :brainbleach: :brainbleach::brain-bleach:

I was thinking the same thing. 

I just finished watching this episode and was planning on making fun of stuff from it. But it turns out that I actually enjoyed it and really, really like both Jinger and Jeremy. Jeremy seems like a down to earth, cool person, different than some of the other guys. I think it's cool that he came from a different kind of background, more worldly and in touch in a way.

I laughed at the kangaroo part and thought the whole cooking thing was fun too. I liked Chef Bec and how she kind of yelled at them. Now I really want to go to Australia.

As for Joy and Austin, he seems like a good guy too, and the fact that he's actually working is impressive. Flipping houses is hard work. I really couldn't imagine getting married at 19 or 20 and then having 25+ years of being pregnant and popping out kids. Hopefully they'll wait awhile to get married. Anyone know how old Austin is? He seems much older than Joy.

Am I the only one who doesn't see much chemistry at all between Joy and Austin? I think most of it has to do with the fact that I think Austin is SUPER drunk on the kool-aid. Thus, he must keep things pure at all times. Maybe I'm wrong here. I can only hope for the best for those two.

40 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see much chemistry at all between Joy and Austin? I think most of it has to do with the fact that I think Austin is SUPER drunk on the kool-aid. Thus, he must keep things pure at all times. Maybe I'm wrong here. I can only hope for the best for those two.

I don't see chemistry either, but I'm starting to suspect I'm bad at seeing chemistry lol. 

At least they're both outdoorsy people. 

57 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Did you see the couch interview where the interviewer asked what they liked best about each other.  Austin says, "everything" and just stared intensely at Joy.  And then after they agreed to court and Joy got to sit next to him in the car, they were just staring at each other (him only briefly since he was driving).  So I"m sure they have chemistry.  I just think these stupid courtship rules are crazy... Austin asks Joy to court, she got really excited and it would have been a natural moment to just give him a huge hug there.  You don't have to make out, but at least a little hugging... with your brothers sitting 6 feet away....

1 hour ago, PumaLover said:

As for Joy and Austin, he seems like a good guy too, and the fact that he's actually working is impressive. Flipping houses is hard work. I really couldn't imagine getting married at 19 or 20 and then having 25+ years of being pregnant and popping out kids. Hopefully they'll wait awhile to get married. Anyone know how old Austin is? He seems much older than Joy.

Lots of women are less fertile in their late thirties and not fertile at all in their forties, so it would be closer to 20 years. But if she's as fertile as Michelle, she could have over 20 kids.

1 hour ago, luxfilia said:

Saw the last episode. Jeremy asking, "What are you second most excited about on this trip?" was a little ew.  Also, I found it surprising when Jinger said that her mom always wanted a kangaroo. Just picturing J'Chelle hanging out with a kangaroo. Weird. I like that when Jinger got a little more "real" with Jeremy about his driving, he seemed to enjoy it. Not that he wanted to scare her, but that he seemed to enjoy her more real, not "keeping sweet" personality. 

We all know what would happen if Michelle by some miracle got a kangaroo. She'd love on it for six months, then pass it off to Jana.

1 hour ago, PumaLover said:

I just finished watching this episode and was planning on making fun of stuff from it. But it turns out that I actually enjoyed it and really, really like both Jinger and Jeremy. Jeremy seems like a down to earth, cool person, different than some of the other guys. I think it's cool that he came from a different kind of background, more worldly and in touch in a way.

I laughed at the kangaroo part and thought the whole cooking thing was fun too. I liked Chef Bec and how she kind of yelled at them. Now I really want to go to Australia.

Yes, Jeremy said, "fart"! Never have I heard a Duggar that. And we probably never will. Lol, cool fundies can be fun after all.

I doubt I'm adding anything that hasn't been said plenty already, but to the person who suggested Austin's 5th house flip might result in a bigger house for Ben and Jessa - and then Joy and Austin move into their house: I kinda like that idea for a plot line for next season . . . might be fun to watch Ben and Jessa set up a bigger house, with rooms for each kid (or a separate guest room).  And could be cute to see Joy and Austin setting up the old house (though I assume it might be a thing where the family sets it *for* them, right before the wedding - sidenote: my DH is anal retentive when it comes to his environment, and anybody else setting up/decorating our house, would drive him psychotic).

As for Austin and Joy, feel free to throw the tomatoes at me now, but I thought the courtship proposal was kinda cute . . . I know, I know.  It's just a scripted snippet, and only hides the dangerous views they have, but just that moment alone - with Austin seeming sweet, and Joy smiling, I mean I thought it was adorable.  I hope they are loving and kind, and mature to one another.

As for Jinger, and Jeremy, he seems far more adventurous than her, and though it's good to help someone who's been sheltered, experience life - I hope he's patient with her, and and brings her into these scenarios gently with understanding and compassion.  Not a shove into the unknown (to her), and claim she needs to do it because "headship rules".  I mean, it's one thing if she's just unsure about stuff, and needs a gentle push (with lots of reassurance that it's okay, and he'll be right there with her), it's another though if she says she doesn't like something and he's like, "tough" <--- though that's just my general concern coming forward, and not based on any particular red flags from the honeymoon segments.

I think Austin and Joy will live on the ranch, not the Duggar compound.

24 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Yes, Jeremy said, "fart"! Never have I heard a Duggar that. And we probably never will. Lol, cool fundies can be fun after all.

I honestly wondered when he said that if Jinger even knew what that meant, LOL. She did seem to!

JinJer: Puttin' the Fun in Fundy with Farts since 2016.

Alright, I'm just now watching and all I can think when Austin is talking to Jim Bob about what he likes about Joy is a bunch of generic mumbo jumbo, her heart, her work ethic, she loves the Lord. Blah,blah,blah. What he really wanted to say is "I've been watching her.  I want her bewbs.".

And who the heck starts out with, "I've been watching her..." 

Stalker. Lol. I kid. He is probably a nice boy who is nervous. I can't judge. I got married at 21 after knowing a boy 5 months. 3 kids and 13 years later I'm still married. 

But out of all the kids I've always had a hunch she would be the one to be the next Michelle. I don't know why. I guess because she seemed the farthest from it. Usually that's the kid who ends up chugging the most Kool aide in the end. It's tempting Jill's who write the tell all when they feel scorned. 

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

We all know what would happen if Michelle by some miracle got a kangaroo. She'd love on it for six months, then pass it off to Jana.

I just started watching The Young Pope and he receives a kangaroo as a gift and the staff or whatever the vatican people are called were going to put it in a zoo but the new pope says he wants it to be free in his garden. So occasionally while people are out enjoying nature the end up face to face with a kangaroo. I just picture it hopping around the compound.

11 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

I know Joy was a tomboy back in the day but I really don't get a " wants to flee the life"from her.  I don't think it matters how progressive her suitor may or may not be. I just feel like she wants to toe the party line.  She seems good with it.  Idk just a feeling I get and I hope I'm wrong.

Yup. It kind of surprises me how so many people see signs of resistance in practically every one of these women and sometimes even their husbands. Perhaps wishful thinking? Because I've actually seen nothing to suggest every last one of the duggars and Bateses aren't totally invested and in the life. 

They have been indoctrinated since birth and their entire society is part of this mess. They've had virtually no more than superficial contact with the outside world. To veer in any significant way from the edicts of their culture would be miraculous. 

9 hours ago, socalrules said:

I didn't see the episode but Austin can marry/court Joy when he has flipped 5 houses? So 23 year-old Austin is going to be able to quickly flip 5 houses that could take professionals years to do? We are supposed to believe that? Are we also going to see him flip the fifth house on camera and celebrate because now he gets to own Joy? How is any of this believable? Where does the money come from for 5 flips? 

As to the Jinger/Jeremy honeymoon, I am sure  TLC scripted Jinger's clothing and their touchy feely affection. I don't doubt they are affectionate but I am sure they were told to play it up for the cameras. As to Jinger's clothing, that had TLC all over it. They likely picked and paid for everything so she could look sophisticated on camera. She wasn't this trendy before even with more modest clothing. I am pretty sure practically everything is scripted on this show. TLC looks at how the public reacted to each courtship/wedding/marriage/pregnancy and modifies the next one. 

Make no mistake, these are serious, committed, fanatical religious extremists. Their beliefs in purity and pollution are so vested that they view themselves in a holy war with the infidels and they have spent countless hours working hard politically to dismantle the separation of church and state and to take away freedoms and liberty and equality from people not like them, including controlling the bodies and sexuality of others, especially women. There is no way they would allow TLC to cause them to veer from their cultural/religious edicts regarding prohibited behaviors. If anything, they are always pushing the bounds of what TLC will allow, trying to include more religious content than the network desires. 

Despite their humanness and the veneer of likability that TLC masterfully allows us to see, these are, at core, scary people with truly frightening beliefs. And while they may accept some whitewashing in the form of production edits, because they make money from a program that doesn't alienate too much, I'm certain they won't allow production to put words in their mouths or clothes on their backs that veer from their cultural norms. They're too committed to their extremism for that, in my opinion. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived