IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see much chemistry at all between Joy and Austin? I think most of it has to do with the fact that I think Austin is SUPER drunk on the kool-aid. Thus, he must keep things pure at all times. Maybe I'm wrong here. I can only hope for the best for those two.

So many people saying Austin is an uptight creeper & he and Joy have no chemistry, after he had 7/8 minutes of screen time, most of which was spent talking to boob or asking Joy to court, with FOUR of her brothers watching them. We haven't seen them together on a date, even with chaperones, or getting to spend time aloneish together on screen yet, just TH & that awkward interview with with Danni. Even normally peppy Joy seemed uncomfortable talking to Danni, after what was probably only a few weeks of courting.  I think those interviews are  very uncomfortable for a couple of kids who've never held hands much less kissed or been alone with each other (or alone at all).

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We all know what would happen if Michelle by some miracle got a kangaroo. She'd love on it for six months, then pass it off to Jana.

Or teach it how to clean house and take care of her kids. [emoji23]

9 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Me too! It was just such a normal comment to make when traveling. I don't think of Michelle as an actual person mostly I just picture her as some kind of asshole robot. JInger managed to humanize her with an off the cuff comment about kangaroos.

Is it weird to anyone else how the kids are not portrayed as actual perople until after marriage? Until marriage there are small glimpses of personality but they are mostly like drones.

Well of course kangaroos are her favorites! They have to carry babies around on their bodies. Whether they like it or not. Ha ha! 

Maybe I'm being unfair, but to me, nothing is normal about this woman. It's all political. Ick. 

Both Jinger and Jeremy said they've been on flights that were longer than the one to Sydney.

Jinger said hers was the one to China. Did the Duggars fly straight from the Midwest to China? (I didn't see those episodes). It just seems weird to me that a flight to Sydney would be shorter, unless the flight to China was nonstop from the Midwest and the flight to Sydney was from the west coast?

I suppose it's not really that important, it just stood out to me when they said that.

16 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

Both Jinger and Jeremy said they've been on flights that were longer than the one to Sydney.

Jinger said hers was the one to China. Did the Duggars fly straight from the Midwest to China? (I didn't see those episodes). It just seems weird to me that a flight to Sydney would be shorter, unless the flight to China was nonstop from the Midwest and the flight to Sydney was from the west coast?

I suppose it's not really that important, it just stood out to me when they said that.

When you fly to anywhere in China from the west coast of the US, the flight path is a parabola: you have to go up, over the arctic, and back down.  It's 14 ish hours. Sydney may well be a shorter flight.  

4 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

When you fly to anywhere in China from the west coast of the US, the flight path is a parabola: you have to go up, over the arctic, and back down.  It's 14 ish hours. Sydney may well be a shorter flight.  

When I flew from Seattle to Beijing we followed a path sort of skirting the southern part of Alaska and back down. I believe it was about 12 hours or so.

5 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see much chemistry at all between Joy and Austin? I think most of it has to do with the fact that I think Austin is SUPER drunk on the kool-aid. Thus, he must keep things pure at all times. Maybe I'm wrong here. I can only hope for the best for those two.

I noticed that she had a cute and sly smile toward him when he asked her to court but he just kept staring at her, deadpan. Little emotion. 

Then afterward, she was feeling romantic and kept staring at him in the car, hoping he would stare back and smile, making that intimate connection. But he just stared soberly straight ahead. 

I don't think it's going to be a very fun match. 

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Did you see the couch interview where the interviewer asked what they liked best about each other.  Austin says, "everything" and just stared intensely at Joy.  And then after they agreed to court and Joy got to sit next to him in the car, they were just staring at each other (him only briefly since he was driving).  So I"m sure they have chemistry.  I just think these stupid courtship rules are crazy... Austin asks Joy to court, she got really excited and it would have been a natural moment to just give him a huge hug there.  You don't have to make out, but at least a little hugging... with your brothers sitting 6 feet away....

Yeah. I think he's horny. But I don't know that he really knows anything about Joy and she seems different than he is. Horniness and compatability are two different things. 

33 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

When I flew from Seattle to Beijing we followed a path sort of skirting the southern part of Alaska and back down. I believe it was about 12 hours or so.

Yeah but they're in Arkansas going to Australia. Much farther away than from Seattle to Beijing, right? 

It stood out to me too. 

It is a 14 hr flight nonstop DFW - Beijing, which would be the closest nonstop hub for them. DFW - sydney nonstop is 17 hrs, so they must have had stops.

9 hours ago, MoonFace said:

HE'd have to be licensed to perform a ceremony in Arkansas.   I'd doubt they would go to Texas for a wedding. 

He is ordained. He just needs to file the original ordination  papers, like Mike Schadt and Chuck Vuolo did.

43 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I'm watching it now and I couldn't find an answer, was her first outfit leggings with a tunic?

I believe it was the first one, with the long plaid top...I had a nightshirt very much like that, many years ago, so I thought she was wearing her nightclothes for a couple minutes ^_^ looked good on her, very comfy to wear on a long plane ride...

22 minutes ago, amendgitan said:

I noticed that she had a cute and sly smile toward him when he asked her to court but he just kept staring at her, deadpan. Little emotion. 

Then afterward, she was feeling romantic and kept staring at him in the car, hoping he would stare back and smile, making that intimate connection. But he just stared soberly straight ahead.

I noticed the same thing - that she seemed excited (dare I say joyful?) that he was asking her to court but he didn't quite match her emotion about it. I kept thinking maybe he was nervous about asking or maybe he's just not comfortable showing a lot of emotion, especially on camera?

9 minutes ago, amendgitan said:

Yeah but they're in Arkansas going to Australia. Much farther away than from Seattle to Beijing, right? 

It stood out to me too. 

6 minutes ago, Chicken bones said:

It is a 14 hr flight nonstop DFW - Beijing, which would be the closest nonstop hub for them.

I just looked up flight times to Sydney from Los Angeles (just because it's a likely hub) and a nonstop flight is coming in at around 14-15 hours, so I guess if they did fly to China from DFW and to Sydney from somewhere like LAX (or elsewhere in California) the two flights might clock in at around the same length.

^ Yep. From memory, the flight from Sydney to LA is about an hour shorter than the other direction as well. It's a big flight haha

On 22.2.2017 at 9:22 PM, JillyO said:

Well, yeah, it's far from perfect. There is still a shortage of day-care spots for kids under two, but we're definitely on a good way. And it's light years better than anything in the U.S. I know several men who have stayed home with kids. One of my co-workers is currently on parental leave for his second daughter; they're splitting the time (she stayed home for six months, now he's staying home for six months). They did the same thing for their first daughter three years ago. But I think you said you're in Bavaria. I can imagine that - because of the more conservative culture - things are pretty different there. I'm in Berlin.

I know this discussion was a gazillion years ago (I'm sorry to bring it up again, but it really bothers me). I live in Bavaria and I know a lot of men who are staying home longer than two months. I even know quite a lot of stay at home dads.
And my family NEVER asks if I will have kids (or by anynone else for that matter). My extended family is very conservative and catholic but never in my life was I asked when I'm planning on having kids. I'm my grandma's second oldest grandchild and the only one in a steady relastionship and still, nobody cares about my baby making plans. But maybe that's just my family, I don't know. But I have to add that most of my friends don't get these questions asked either.

And for the part of being an unemployed engingeer (@eveandadam): My former roommates brother is an enigneer and he worked for a famous Bavarian car company in the US for 2 (or 3?) years and has a lot of work experience and he can't find a job, because nobody is hiring engineers these days. He's been unemployed for over a year. The new shit is electrical engineering, because every company thinks electric driving is the way to go and will make all the greenhouse effect go away.

Austin creeps me out. He gives out a Michael Pearl vibe that makes me a queasy 

4 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Austin creeps me out. He gives out a Michael Pearl vibe that makes me a queasy 

He creeps me out to and I have no idea who Micheal Pearl is-so I am going with Justin Bieber type of man 

After finishing the episode, I just think Austin was nervous. Every one kept saying he's funny, so I have to think he was just not used to being filmed, plus asking a girl to court him. I did see some chemistry she kept staring at him, and he'd look at her and smirk like he was into it but trying to act cool. I mean, dude was in a car with her 4 brothers. Pretty sure his behavior was normal. Haha

More Jinger and Jeremy! They seem cute and almost normal! Actually they seemed really normal. Nothing like her sisters. Loved the the guy saying they must have not had a TV at home. Lmao cause it's true. I felt bad for her getting sea sick, but sweetie your whole dang family throws up if they spin in a circle, get a seabands to keep in your purse. 

The difference in Jinger and Jill is astounding. Jinger showed her shoulders! I was like, whaaaaaaat???? I don't care if y'all think Jeremy dressed her. NIKE! That's the most rebellion any of these people have ever shown. I mean their mother had them blur her KNEES. A sleeveless shirt is like the biggest f-u to her upbringing I could imagine. Small steps for some, but wow. Worldly. Haha 

Jinger, walk your sleeveless butt into the nearest drug store and buy a box of condoms and keep on having new experiences if that's what you want. She certainly doesn't seem excited about having kids yet from what I've seen and that is perfectly fine. 

So I will admit that I was an early Austin hater.  But, her brothers really like him and until last week's episode he was never on camera.  Joy is spunky and seems to like him so I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt and say that he may be reserved.  I did find the interview they did during the commercial break last week to be nicer.  I'm still sad that she will be an 18 yr bride.  In the preview for next season Austin already asked JB to get engaged and he was flipping his 5th house so I'm on the band wagon that the end of April is their wedding.  She'll be pregnant by 19.  And I hated seeing her babble on about how they were choosing the higher path for their courtship by not holding hands and keeping stricter standards.  WTF.  I hope she's happy.  

I love Jinger's new wardrobe.  I'm assuming she thrifted it herself in preparation for their honeymoon.  Good for her.  

27 minutes ago, JMO said:

So I will admit that I was an early Austin hater.  But, her brothers really like him and until last week's episode he was never on camera.  Joy is spunky and seems to like him so I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt and say that he may be reserved.  I did find the interview they did during the commercial break last week to be nicer.  I'm still sad that she will be an 18 yr bride.  In the preview for next season Austin already asked JB to get engaged and he was flipping his 5th house so I'm on the band wagon that the end of April is their wedding.  She'll be pregnant by 19.  And I hated seeing her babble on about how they were choosing the higher path for their courtship by not holding hands and keeping stricter standards.  WTF.  I hope she's happy.  

I love Jinger's new wardrobe.  I'm assuming she thrifted it herself in preparation for their honeymoon.  Good for her.  

Joy is 19. She'll be 20 in October.

On 2/21/2017 at 0:29 PM, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Soooooo I guess we're getting a Caldwell girl courtship announcement pretty soon. It can't be an accident that the only ones helping with the flowers/decorations are Austin and 2 Caldwell girls... If they're showing them on the program we must be pretty close to the announcement.

With one of the Duggar boys? 

Regarding Jinger's clothes, I'm pretty sure the Duggar closet contained many sleeveless tops and dresses that were normally layered with sweaters or double shirts underneath. I don't think Jinger would have to have hidden this kind of stuff, she just liberated her shoulders from that second layer.

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

With one of the Duggar boys? 

The general suspicion here on FJ is that it's Joseph. Not a word from the Duggars yet, so that's not official.

Just watched the episode, and when  it comes to Jinger... It seems to me that getting laid suits her well. (Sorry for that...   :evil-laugh: ). Their honeymoon looks pretty awesome. I wish I could go to Australia someday :my_cry:

When it comes to Austin, I can't really say much about him, I think he might gen nervous in front of the camera. I know I would be... Time will tell. I don't get the "weid/creepy vibe" many people seem to get from him. They're fundies and they're all weird and creepy, so maybe I'm not sensitive enough to get his aberration in creepiness or something... lol. Although the "miss Joy Anna" thing was funny

It breaks my heart though that Joy will probably be a teenage bride... :my_sad:

First I thought, "good, Joy will have the benefit of knowing someone a good long time, and she must be able to make a good informed decision" about marriage and moving off the compound. 

I do think Austin will have her living and working on the family campground. If that happens, I fear his father, who seems to be a pretty severe taskmaster, taking over and dictating to the couple as he's always dictated to his son. If that happened, Joy's version of her life would be diifferent from the one she had at the TTH, but only marginally. Still "under the protection" of an autocrat, just one with a different name.

Jinger, too. Jeremy may be the fundy preacher through and through, but Jinger is with him now in Laredo, and it seems as if he and he alone will be HER headship, so I hope things loosen up a little bit for those two. 

Wasn't there some sort of party for Jinger where people brought clothes or bought clothes for her? Pre wedding?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived