IGNORED

Seewalds 18 - Spurgy and Henry

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Exposedknees said:

At least Jessa puts forth some effort in the family looking decent for a publicized photo. She understands her job, unlike her sister Jill and that "gender announcement."

Agreed! I know you can wear whatever you want but Jills gender announcement was a disaster! They should have used one of the million baby boy onsies they had and they could have at least worn nicer clothes. Jessa, on the other hand, is completely put together. Both kids are dressed nice. She's cleaned up. It's cover ready.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Jill wouldn't be able to reign Derick in nor do I think she wants to. For I believe she agrees with all that he says. Jessa knows how to sell herself. 

Jill drowned in the Kool aid years ago, Jessa as well, but more so for the fame of it. I'm not so sure she's as hard core in her thinking but she'll do (including having 12 kids) and say whatever she needs to to make a buck.  I'm pretty sure she sees her eyes on the big prize of her own following it will be the Seawalds 8 kids and counting. With no duggars in sight, execpt for the j'slave help.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Worships money- Jessa is very much her father's daughter.

Jill is still thinking that God provides all. Jill is immature.

And the comparison between Jill's picture of her pregnancy announcement and Jessa's reveal of Henry, is proof of that. Even Jessa's second pregnancy reveal was more thought out than Jill and Derick holding up a track suit of a 5 year old. 

The pictures are cute, but Jessa's eyes look practically hazel! Aren't they technically blue, although they lean a little green? I've never seen Duggar eyes photograph like this.

Ben and Spurgy's eyes still look super blue, so it seems odd.

13 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

And the comparison between Jill's picture of her pregnancy announcement and Jessa's reveal of Henry, is proof of that. Even Jessa's second pregnancy reveal was more thought out than Jill and Derick holding up a track suit of a 5 year old. 

That's because Jilly Muffin and company are a hot mess. If you're taking a picture for the whole world to see PUT YOURSELF TOGETHER! But Jill has always been kinda tacky with no sense of style or whatever (except you don't need that much sense of style to look decent), and Derick is a hippie so two peas in a pod.

OK, I'm thinking Jessa's eyes must just be on the grey side of the blue spectrum, so for whatever lighting or photography reason they just don't look as heavily pigmented here as Ben and Spurge's. Because I'm pretty sure all the Duggars have blue eyes. This is driving me crazier than it should.

Nah, some of the Duggars have hazel eyes. And that's the wonderful thing about hazel eyes, they change colour depending on the lighting (source: I have hazel eyes).

The position that Jessa's in make my knees hurt. Plus it looks awkward and uncomfortable. It's s lovely photo otherwise, though. 

18 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Spurgeon really is a cute wee chap. He lucked out with his Genes. I can't see Jim-twit in him at all thank goodness.

Bens dad reminds me of somebody. Does he look like one of Trumps team? Or an actor? I can't think who? 

A young Prince Charles?

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I kinda want her sweater, it looks super comfy. :tw_flushed:

My knitterly eyes were trying to decide what type of stitch it uses. I think it might be a seed stitch or a moss stitch. It does look super comfy, but in such a light color, I bet it stains easily. 

I might be reaching but I don't think Jessa drank that much koolaid. She picked a life that suited her. Her husband thinks he's in charge. She probably 'let' him pick Spurgeons name. Yeah she's a fundie but I think she likes the money and spotlight and is ok with playing the game. 

I saw that People cover with the headline 2 KIDS AND COUNTING! I thought, that's a normal amount of kids for a couple...that's not a headline hook. 19 Kids was. But whatever, leghumpers and a PR machine. 

3 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

At least Jessa puts forth some effort in the family looking decent for a publicized photo. She understands her job, unlike her sister Jill and that "gender announcement."

Its easy to look put together when you let the stylist put you together for the photos......

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jessa looks great and the pictures are cute.

she is glowing and the family looks happy

49 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

My knitterly eyes were trying to decide what type of stitch it uses. I think it might be a seed stitch or a moss stitch. It does look super comfy, but in such a light color, I bet it stains easily. 

I bet its from a people stylist :D

I kind of find Jill's nonchalant attitude about appearance refreshing. Especially for someone who grew up in front of the camera. Coming from someone who always cared about her appearance, to the point where I would throw make up on when headed to the grocery store or to pick my daughter up from school. I think she pulls it together when need be. 

8 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

I kind of find Jill's nonchalant attitude about appearance refreshing. Especially for someone who grew up in front of the camera. Coming from someone who always cared about her appearance, to the point where I would throw make up on when headed to the grocery store or to pick my daughter up from school. I think she pulls it together when need be. 

I think that's why there was speculation that the Dillards didn't care enough to put together an elaborate gender reveal for their second child. It could very well be that they only make a public declaration at all because they have to.

And regarding Jessa's eye color, there's potential for color-correction when editing magazine photos. ;) Some of the colors (Spurgeon's hair, for instance) seem a bit too vibrant to be natural, so maybe Jessa's eye color got tweaked (maybe not even on purpose, since you can alter the settings to affect the entire photograph and maybe her changed eyes got overlooked).

2 hours ago, withaj said:

The pictures are cute, but Jessa's eyes look practically hazel! Aren't they technically blue, although they lean a little green? I've never seen Duggar eyes photograph like this.

Ben and Spurgy's eyes still look super blue, so it seems odd.

They could be, I've seen pics of Joy where she looks like she has green eyes and others where she has blue eyes.  Maybe they have that gray scale.  My daughters eyes go from green to brown depending on lighting, what she is wearing and her mood. My friends eyes are gray but will go from gray to green to blue depending on what she is wearing, the lighting or her mood.

7b9716cab3a4d90bddb19fc02909306c.jpg

signs-that-joy-anna-duggar-will-follow-the-traditional-duggar-path-now-that-she-is-18.jpg

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived