IGNORED

Seewalds 18 - Spurgy and Henry

choralcrusader8613

3 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I saw that People cover with the headline 2 KIDS AND COUNTING! I thought, that's a normal amount of kids for a couple...that's not a headline hook. 19 Kids was. But whatever, leghumpers and a PR machine. 

I agree. The cover with that headline looks so dumb. It's just begging for someone to make a parody of it like, 0 Kids and Counting! proudly posing with no kids.

I am so defrauded by Jessa's knees and nearly off the shoulder top. I'll be in the prayer closet.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the pictures, they look great and the photographer did a nice job. No overdoing with the clothes, makeup, etc. but well put together. I am sure a stylist organized it, but nonetheless, it is very nice to see people making an effort. 

I come from an extremely image-conscious society, which I reject, but much too often I see a lot of the other extreme around me - people being overly casual in public, not dressed for the occasion, not put together, etc. 

Nice pics to look at, and the kids are cute - TG they don't look like DimBulb!

2 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

Wonder what's going through Jilly Muffin's brain when she looks at Jessa's People cover???

Probably something like, "That'll be me in about five months."

15 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

Wonder what's going through Jilly Muffin's brain when she looks at Jessa's People cover???

"I'll have the third child first!" :Bazinga:

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

"I'll have the third child first!" :Bazinga:

Cue Jinger's announcement that she's pregnant with quadruplets.

44 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

the newer pictures are even more cuter. Spud kissing Henry. Ben nose to nose with Henry 

the cuteness overload is overtaxing. 

:D

1 hour ago, JessaBlessa said:

I hope they don't make me brush my hair when I do my People cover.

22 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I hope they don't make me brush my hair when I do my People cover.

I hope Derick's hair isn't as long as mine either. Lol

7 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I might be reaching but I don't think Jessa drank that much koolaid. She picked a life that suited her. Her husband thinks he's in charge. She probably 'let' him pick Spurgeons name. Yeah she's a fundie but I think she likes the money and spotlight and is ok with playing the game. 

yeah, I totally agree with everything...a while back, I used the word ambitious to describe Jessa, and it wasn't real popular that I said that, but THIS is what I meant.  She may be a mere fundy woman, but she definitely has her eyes on the prize, thinking ahead all the time, and she'll run over whoever she has to to get what she wants...

so, when JB & M are too tired, used up, or stoopid to carry on anymore, my money's on Jessa (NOT because I like her :P)...the only dark horse I see at this point is Jana, she has earned what Jessa covets and is as smart as she is (just not as mean), and may put up a good fight (with JD and/or a worthy man of her own at her side, I hope)

IMO everyone else is too intimidated by Jessa...I imagine she can throw a hellacious fit if she doesn't get what she wants, and that they walk on eggshells to avoid this.

I suspect that a People cover with Derick and Jill would invite some negative feedback.  They've already gotten, shall we say, a mixed response to their requests for donations and Derick's Twitter insights.

7 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Jessa looks lovely! She bounced back quickly after having Henry. I love her outfit as well!

She looks relaxed and happy, especially in the cover pic.   Wouldn't it be nice if they stopped at 2 gorgeous boys (or maybe had just one more) and she joined the PTA and was the room mom and took her boys to soccer and karate.

She used the same midwife from her first birth ? As in the one who doesn't have a license anymore? Jill wants that state side , people cover every year life....but not with Derrick as her head ship. Unless he cleans up , but I like his unkempt look. I think the Derrick we see now is the real one. The one during courtship was just trying to people please. 

I keep waiting for another announcement. Jessa can't have whole February for herself. Not in this family. So...engagement, 20th blessing or whatever...

After all the commotion there was here about Jill being barefoot on their gender reveal photo, I'm kind of surprised that no one has mentioned yet that Jessa appears to be barefoot (and bare-kneed!!!) on this photo as well.

I personally didn't mind Jill being barefoot, but because that was being commented on so extensively it kind of struck me now how Jessa's bare foot is completely ignored. Granted, the quality and the composition of this picture is much better than Jill and Derick's gender reveal picture was, and the bare foot therefore doesn't look out of place or strange. But given the usual amount of snarking on small details, the absence of comments on this feature is striking to me.

It wasn't the barefoot thing we were comenting, it was the little thought they had put into that pic, i put more effort in my drunk selfies

14 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

My knitterly eyes were trying to decide what type of stitch it uses. I think it might be a seed stitch or a moss stitch. It does look super comfy, but in such a light color, I bet it stains easily. 

Pretty sure it's seed stitch. Moss stitch has two of the same rows before switching, but seed stitch switches every row. 

I love seed stitch, but the thought of knitting an entire sweater in it makes me want to cry. 

Jessa definitely looks relaxed and happy. I think she's reached, in her mind, the definition of status as a successful woman now that she is a wife and mother of 2. She probably likes it that Ben is so overtly 'godly', with his Christian studies and so on too. In her community she's the example of what someone her age should be doing. Like in another community being 24 with an ivy league degree and an internship somewhere exclusive would be a status symbol of a successful young woman. I think Jessa likes that status a lot and she is also savvy enough to know what that can do going forward as a public relations tool to market the "young Duggar" attraction to the fans. Ben also seems to have some concept of "cool" (as a fundie) and I think she knows going with that makes them more relatable even when it's way out of her comfort zone (like the whole Flame thing). Jill just doesn't think in terms of how things look to others beyond a minimal amount of effort. Jessa on the other hand spends a lot of time on how things appear.

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Cue Jinger's announcement that she's pregnant with quadruplets.

I'd pay money to see Jill fly to Texas and sit next to Jinger, who is laying down on her new(ish) couch. I hear heartbeats; fast-slow-faster-slower-fast-I hear so much! That means there could be more babies. You know faster heartbeats usually means a girl ... 

Cue to Jinger&Jeremy; God has got this! No need for ultrasounds, we have Jill. 

There's a huge difference in pictures because Jessa's was styled by professionals and Jill just sent People a picture from home. Anyone remember the picture posted of a boy and girl outfit on Duggar family instagram for Seewald baby #1 when they were trying to have readers guess the "gender"?  No one here was very impressed. Had Jill had a stylist on hand her picture would have turned out much better. If she gets the cover after dill2 is born they'll look a lot more put together I imagine.

53 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Had Jill had a stylist on hand her picture would have turned out much better. If she gets the cover after dill2 is born they'll look a lot more put together I imagine.

They're gonna to need a hell of a stylist to make Derick look better.

Cover of People for a second child born to 2 young people?

It was a slow week- and the A+ List celebs must have turned it down.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived