IGNORED

Seewalds 18 - Spurgy and Henry

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Spurgeon really is a cute wee chap. He lucked out with his Genes. I can't see Jim-twit in him at all thank goodness.

Bens dad reminds me of somebody. Does he look like one of Trumps team? Or an actor? I can't think who? 

He's always reminded me of Santorum. In more ways than one. 

image.jpeg

Plus, Derick is the oldest of 2 kids, so its not like there is a lot of competition for resources/love/affection/etc. The Seewalds, on the other hand, I could see that being the case with the grandkids down the line. 

13 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Okay, one more time...there is no need to "retake" the name Edward. If the family felt a need, it has already been done. I realize he doesn't get the headlines, but there is an Edward. He is the Queen's youngest child. Here is his bio to help out everyone who did not know he exists: 

http://www.biography.com/people/edward-earl-of-wessex-20846167

I'm pretty sure I forgot the Queen had children other than Charles and Anne until I watched the Crown on Netflix. I of course know all about Andrew and his ex and kids, but they slipped my mind. I can't think of a single thing I know about Edward.

And to whoever mentioned it, the Crown was sooo wonderful! OMG, Claire Foy was fantastic. And Matt Smith of course was great. I can't wait til season 2, I hope it gets to do the entire 6 seasons they have planned (I think it was 6), though I'll be sad to see Elizabeth and Phillip recast with older actors for the later years.

On 13 februari 2017 at 11:24 PM, Lurker said:

Henry VIII in his desire for divorce, broke from Rome and is the founder of the English Reformation, thus playing into their theme.

Will little Henry also have six wives whose destinies will be divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived? :pb_lol:

16 minutes ago, Mrs. Figg said:

People cover is out. Didn't see it posted yet! Forgive me if it is. Or don't. Up to you. ;-)

http://people.com/celebrity/jessa-duggar-seewald-plans-for-big-family/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

IMG_1348.PNG

Glad Jeremy's dad gave him the little quip about zone and man to man defense so Ben has something clever to say for People.

15 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Henry is cute...though I'm not a fan of Ben's constant pandering to black people with the name Wilberforce. If he really wants to combat racism he should start with his in-laws. No, actually he should start with his sister (ugh)

I know from personal experience that sometimes there is nothing you can do about your family's warped worldviews. I think it's great that Ben dares to have strong opinions that might be controversial in his own family. 

it's the only way she will get the bigger house 

more children 

more covers 

see she always wanted a big house - this is how she will get it 

who does Jessa's pr - the woman knows how to promote Jessa and family

and on another note - it's a cute cover 

but quit calling her a duggar - she can't have it both ways - wait I forgot she can 

27 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Jessa got that people cover. Wow. I'm kinda shocked.  

Seriously. George Clooney and twins get the sidebar. They have the first black bachelorette they could have featured but they chose Ben and Jessa?

This cover just feeds the cult. They will never at this point want or need to think any differently. They are Glorified and Exalted. 

My morning thought. Sorry to be so negative. Sigh. 

4 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Seriously. George Clooney and twins get the sidebar. They have the first black bachelorette they could have featured but they chose Ben and Jessa?

shows you how powerful Jessa's pr team is or someone is paying someone. 

I honestly thought they would get a sidebard because COME ON George Clooney 

They are really beating the adoption horse with a stick. Also is this the first time they've mentioned foster to adopt ? Good luck with that one . You couldn't feature your foster child on tv or magazines !

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

They are really beating the adoption horse with a stick. Also is this the first time they've mentioned foster to adopt ? Good luck with that one . You couldn't feature your foster child on tv or magazines !

not the first time she has mentioned fostering.  It's the only believable way anyone will believe her.  I have this theory she will be pregnant ever 15 months.  

Didn't Rosie O'donnel foster a child but she never USED it though unlike these two who would trot it on a magazine cover like people magazine who would only oblige 

I am thinking this is their vision of ministry 

Come October Jessa will be pregnant again 

At least Jessa puts forth some effort in the family looking decent for a publicized photo. She understands her job, unlike her sister Jill and that "gender announcement."

1 minute ago, Exposedknees said:

At least Jessa puts forth some effort in the family looking decent for a publicized photo. She understands her job, unlike her sister Jill and that "gender announcement."

I completely agree.  Jessa knows she can make money from it. Whereas Jill is all seemly and her husband looks like Jesus.  They won't conform = but no doubt Jill will get her cover in July but it will be about Derick's health and Jill's 80 hour labour this time. 

Jessa is not stupid - opportunistic yes 

10 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

Jessa definitely understands how to market her family. Ben and Spurgeon wear the same colour and she and Henry do. Super sweet. Look at those curls on Spurgeon. Also, Ben isn't wearing those geeky awful glasses! 

11 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Jessa definitely understands how to market her family. Ben and Spurgeon wear the same colour and she and Henry do. Super sweet. Look at those curls on Spurgeon. Also, Ben isn't wearing those geeky awful glasses! 

I also think it's about the headship to a degree- notice Ben never posts anymore on his instagram / facebook (and when he does it's to promote clothes)  whereas Jessa has 1.9 million followers on hers.  There is your ministry right there.  It's about promoting the culture of having children and installing what they instill in their cult.  

if you saw the video of where they told the name - Spud was taking one of the socks off Henry and because she knows her audience she encouraged him to take the other one off.  

Whereas Derick goes off and off - so Jessa it seems to reign Ben where Jill can't reign derick in. 

14 minutes ago, nst said:

Whereas Derick goes off and off - so Jessa it seems to reign Ben where Jill can't reign derick in. 

Jill wouldn't be able to reign Derick in nor do I think she wants to. For I believe she agrees with all that he says. Jessa knows how to sell herself. 

I was just watching the early 70s sci-fi flick Logan's Run and the Old Man (Peter Ustinov) that Logan and Jessica meet in the derelict Senate chambers has a cat named Henry.  Of course, the Old Man apparently has more cats that the Duggars have kids so that's not entirely surprising.  The Old Man quotes the TS Eliot poem "The Naming of Cats" to Logan and Jessica who have never seen a cat before.  He also quotes parts of Jellicle Cats and Macavity, the Mystery Cat.

Remind me to pick up a copy of Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats at the bookstore. 

Ben's attempt at intellectually naming his kids doesn't surprise me. He's trying to be a preacher, he's the firstborn son, he's always been told he was hot shit. Everyone goes through a pretentious phase, you're discovering your interests and intellectualism. Mine was thankfully in middle school, when I had no chance of producing any children. I would have named the child Ligeia, because reading Edgar Allen Poe in middle school was SUPER EDGY AND COOL. And he wants to be someone big, so he I guess he's trying to channel that with the whole Christian heroes thing? It just kind of shows how young he really is. He should be in philosophy class, wearing flannels and skinny jeans, trying to impress the girl next to him with his knowledge of Jack Kerouac.

Also, Reign makes me stabby. I get what they're trying to do, having couture dresses instead of historical costumes, but you miss out on so many social cues that are normally presented through clothing, and it's really confusing. 

48 minutes ago, nst said:

I completely agree.  Jessa knows she can make money from it. Whereas Jill is all seemly and her husband looks like Jesus.  They won't conform = but no doubt Jill will get her cover in July but it will be about Derick's health and Jill's 80 hour labour this time. 

Jessa is not stupid - opportunistic yes 

Worships money- Jessa is very much her father's daughter.

Jill is still thinking that God provides all. Jill is immature.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived