IGNORED

Seewalds 18 - Spurgy and Henry

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Just occurred to me that Spurgeon and Benjamin both have eight letters, and Henry and Jessa both have five.  Coincidence?

I'd say yes, coincidence. Lol

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Laziness runs very, very strong in this bunch. I am not surprised at all. BMS probably googled strong, historical Christian preachers or some other odd Seewaldesque buzzwords, a list of names popped up, and the Seewalds chose from those names. Their research probably lasted no more than 10 minutes. 

I can just imagine bin all nasally, "hey this one sounds cool." And Jessa "OK see if there's any preachers with the last name Henry so we can say that one was based off a Christian hero too and not just cute."

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Just gonna leave this here.

IMG_7964.PNG

I'm legit dying of laughter imaging what their reactions would be to this comment.  :laughing-rolling:

George's full name is George Alexander Louis - George for the Queen's father, Alexander for the Queen (middle name Alexandra), and Louis for Lord Mountbatten (uncle to Prince Philip and mentor to Prince Charles who was killed by the IRA.)

Charlotte's full name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana - Charlotte for Prince Charles and Pippa (middle name Charlotte), Elizabeth for the Queen and Catherine (it's her middle name), and Diana for obvious reasons.

I doubt they would reuse any of those names for a third child, though looking at names in William's family tree would be a good bet.

Yes I know why those names were chosen. They like to repeat certain names though. Arthur, Adelaide and Victoria are all possibilities looking at the genealogy. Or third child they might have complete freedom and go with Spurgeon lol.

20 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I love the Tudor dynasty, but can't watch the show. From what I've heard there are too many historical inaccuracies. It'd drive me crazy. :pb_lol:

There are a TON of inaccuracies that did drive me nuts (I have a degree in medieval history and there really isn't too much they got right), but I was able to watch it since it's pretty entertaining and I am a fan of Jonathan Rhys Myers, and Natalie Dormer is wonderful as Anne Boleyn. I just had to separate it in my mind and watch it for entertainment value and not historical value. I was the same with the Borgias when it was on TV.

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Yeah....in my opinion "classic" doesn't equal the negative connotation that goes with the word "antiquated." Henry is definitely a more classic/traditional name that is rising in popularity with other classic names. I think the previous trend of "-den" names (Ayden, Jayden, Brayden, Hayden) and "yoo-nique" spellings is coming to and end in the U.S. 

I know several baby boys named Henry. (I actually really like the name.) I agree it's part of the classic British name resurgence, like Alice, Oliver, and Eleanor. It's actually quite yuppie of Jessa and Ben.

7 hours ago, kassie said:

Brandy and Leia? ;)

Totally sounding hipster, it was the first sci-fi space princess. :jedi2: I did however campaign very hard for baby girl number 2 to be named Amidala. Dh agreed at first but changed his mind.

It seems like they research the names with the Christian blocks on. I wonder how many fundies have name regret. 

8 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I figure if Catherine and William do have a second boy Edward will not be in the running despite it's long English royal history because of the behavior of David, William's great-great Uncle who abdicated over Wallis Simpson in 1936. 

Do you think it occurred to Jessa and Ben they named their new baby boy after one of the best known philanderers in English history? Nike!

Well Edward did go by David, so there is that. So they may use it, it might be seen as a retaking of Edward. Diana used William and the last King William wasn't exactly...a treat. :P You never really can tell. 

As for Jessa and Ben, they likely don't know who Henry the 8th is. I don't imagine that they covered the Tudors. 

21 hours ago, singsingsing said:

He looks like a Henry.

I can't believe they gave him a normal first name, though. WTF. Wilberforce is great. Wish they would called him Wilber. Spurgeon and Wilber sound like an awesome duo in a kids' chapter book series or something. But seriously, Henry is so much better than I ever could have hoped for from them. It makes Spurgeon look even worse, though, and now it's really too late to switch it around and start calling him Elliot.

Not too late he is still young enough to be renamed. They won't do it though a Duggar admit to a mistake? Hell no! Hopefully he'll grow up and demand to be called Elliot. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

"Henry" was on my list of names for my first boy. I liked it until someone suggested "Hank" being a nickname, then that instantly tarnished it. 

I hate Hank as a nickname as well. Which is why we've never called our Henry "Hank." Nor has anyone else, thankfully. Now we just have to hope he doesn't choose it as a nickname when he's older.

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

I know several baby boys named Henry. (I actually really like the name.) I agree it's part of the classic British name resurgence, like Alice, Oliver, and Eleanor. It's actually quite yuppie of Jessa and Ben.

Eleanor was our top girl name. If we ever get another dog, that's probably what we'll name her. :)

2 hours ago, Wenny said:

It seems like they research the names with the Christian blocks on. I wonder how many fundies have name regret. 

Lol my parents def had the "Christian blocks" on! Until the last kid, they insisted on bible names. Some of my sisters lucked out and happened to get classy, elegant names that just happen to be in the Bible. One has a predominantly Jewish name (not Rachel or Sarah) which I'm sure was an oversight just like Henry Wilberforce being Catholic, LOL. But my name is quite uncommon and glaringly Christian/Baptist/fundie. I'm sure everyone can guess it by my comments lol. (PM me with your guesses LOL). 

I don't see why B/J couldn't have named Spurgeon that preacher's first name Charles instead. I guess that wouldn't be in-your-face evangelistic. 

22 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

OK, I would never have thought Wilberforce, because I live in the vicinity of Wilberforce University (private, coed, liberal arts historically black university...affiliated with African methodist Episcopal church, first college owned and operated by African Americans). It was named after William Wilberforce. 

So now we know their theme for sure. Maybe they will let their kids attend it? Or maybe #2 will get a scholarship? 

I agree with whomever said  Elliot and Henry go together well. 

I bet Benessa knows none of this about WW. Or maybe it's a nod to Flame and it being Black History Month. Or something. Ugh.

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

I can just imagine bin all nasally, "hey this one sounds cool." And Jessa "OK see if there's any preachers with the last name Henry so we can say that one was based off a Christian hero too and not just cute."

I know they way he went on and on and then said Jessa thinks its cute. 

He is so contrived and fake.  And what a way to treat the woman who gave birth. 

Why does he always have to be such a dick in the sense that he can't hide his obvious issues 

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Just gonna leave this here.

IMG_7964.PNG

I'm legit dying of laughter imaging what their reactions would be to this comment.  :laughing-rolling:

Looks like they deleted it.

I think that may be funnier than the actual comment!

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

I bet Benessa knows none of this about WW. Or maybe it's a nod to Flame and it being Black History Month. Or something. Ugh.

That actually endears me to them. I'm the kind of corny person who likes the idea of picking a name which is a nod to what's going on in the birth month. 

They could have chosen something Valentines-themed if it were a girl, for example.

Henry is cute...though I'm not a fan of Ben's constant pandering to black people with the name Wilberforce. If he really wants to combat racism he should start with his in-laws. No, actually he should start with his sister (ugh)

If he wants to continue his trend of naming children after Christians who were put anti-slavery narratives, his next son should be Oluadah Equiano (or Gustavus Vasa). A former slave who wrote a famous anti-slavery autobiography and through his industriousness, bought his freedom. He was a living contradiction to the popular narrative that Africans were uncivilized and therefore deserved to be enslaved.

#2 is adorable though. Poor Spurgeon...I'd protest if I were him.  

1 hour ago, seraaa said:

That actually endears me to them. I'm the kind of corny person who likes the idea of picking a name which is a nod to what's going on in the birth month. 

They could have chosen something Valentines-themed if it were a girl, for example.

Nothing these folks do could endear me to them. They probably don't know it's BHM.

This one is directed at our history buffs: it would be really great if STARZ/Showtime/HBO would go back a little bit farther in the Plantagenet line and do (ta da!) John of Gaunt and Kathryn Swynford!!

On "trendy" names: Ha! My dad was waaaay ahead on that score-or so I'm told by DD, Kiddo and DIL's friends. I get "that's soooo cooool! Your name is Dante, like uhmmmm, uh, the guy that wrote that Inferno book?" Yes, dear uneducated child, just like the guy that wrote "that Inferno book." 

6 hours ago, freethemall said:

I think it went the other way around. Jessa suggested it because she liked it but Ben had to tie a christian hero somehow.

I realized what rubs me the wrong way about these names. Bin is just so try-hard psuedo-intellectual, and the names are all part and parcel of that. Dude, you're twenty-one, you have an associate degree (not knocking them, but if he wants to be seen as an intellectual he's going to have to work on his education a bit more...) and you're married to a Duggar. The intellectual thing is not gonna happen, Bin. Ever.

ETA: I predict at some point they'll have one named after John Newton. Which, screw that guy and screw that song. 

42 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

This one is directed at our history buffs: it would be really great if STARZ/Showtime/HBO would go back a little bit farther in the Plantagenet line and do (ta da!) John of Gaunt and Kathryn Swynford!!

TV needs to stay away from history, I cringed by way through The Tudors and Reign. Because that is totally how it went down. 

I also totally think that Jessa was like his name is going to be Henry and Ben added in Wilberforce. I think there's always going to be a gap between birth and name because the are going to be arguing about the name. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived