IGNORED

Seewalds 18 - Spurgy and Henry

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Spurgeon is grandpumpkin apparently. :P 

Spurgeon really is a cute wee chap. He lucked out with his Genes. I can't see Jim-twit in him at all thank goodness.

Bens dad reminds me of somebody. Does he look like one of Trumps team? Or an actor? I can't think who? 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I realized what rubs me the wrong way about these names. Bin is just so try-hard psuedo-intellectual, and the names are all part and parcel of that. Dude, you're twenty-one, you have an associate degree (not knocking them, but if he wants to be seen as an intellectual he's going to have to work on his education a bit more...) and you're married to a Duggar. The intellectual thing is not gonna happen, Bin. Ever.

ETA: I predict at some point they'll have one named after John Newton. Which, screw that guy and screw that song. 

Exactly! I've always assumed Bin brushed off criticisms of Elliot's name as people just not being intellectual enough to appreciate it.

@Carm_88, I hear you loudly and clearly on Reign! That swill is an abomination!  Megan Followes is way to pretty to play Catherine de Medici! Even with TV "must be attractive" added in. The clothes are pretty though, if horribly inaccurate. I'm a girly girl so ruffles and flourishes...

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Well Edward did go by David, so there is that. So they may use it, it might be seen as a retaking of Edward. Diana used William and the last King William wasn't exactly...a treat. :P You never really can tell. 

As for Jessa and Ben, they likely don't know who Henry the 8th is. I don't imagine that they covered the Tudors. 

Okay, one more time...there is no need to "retake" the name Edward. If the family felt a need, it has already been done. I realize he doesn't get the headlines, but there is an Edward. He is the Queen's youngest child. Here is his bio to help out everyone who did not know he exists: 

http://www.biography.com/people/edward-earl-of-wessex-20846167

6 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Exactly! I've always assumed Bin brushed off criticisms of Elliot's name as people just not being intellectual enough to appreciate it.

I'm willing to cut Bin some slack on this. He's what 20? He's essentially in the same phase most college kids are thinking that theyre super intellectual and don't realize how ridiculous they sound until a few years later. I'd hate to think what names I'd have picked at 19/20.

45 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

needs to stay away from history, I cringed by way through The Tudors and Reign. Because that is totally how it went down. 

Have any of you seen the Crown on netflix? I LOVE it, and it makes me wonder what really went down in the royal household. 

1 minute ago, Gillyweed said:

Have any of you seen the Crown on netflix? I LOVE it, and it makes me wonder what really went down in the royal household. 

I loved The Crown! It was absolutely amazing! :my_heart: I thought Matt Smith as Prince Philip was amazing. Some historical inaccuracies but nothing that made me cringe. 

16 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Okay, one more time...there is no need to "retake" the name Edward. If the family felt a need, it has already been done. I realize he doesn't get the headlines, but there is an Edward. He is the Queen's youngest child. Here is his bio to help out everyone who did not know he exists: 

http://www.biography.com/people/edward-earl-of-wessex-20846167

I know he exists. He was in the province to fill in for the Princess Royal prior the 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Beaumont Hamel. My comment was the Edward VIII went by David, he was rarely called Edward, more often called something not so great. The guy who played him in The Crown was fantastic. 

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Well Edward did go by David, so there is that. So they may use it, it might be seen as a retaking of Edward. Diana used William and the last King William wasn't exactly...a treat. :P You never really can tell. 

As for Jessa and Ben, they likely don't know who Henry the 8th is. I don't imagine that they covered the Tudors. 

Wills was named after Prince Wiliam of Gloucester though.

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I'm willing to cut Bin some slack on this. He's what 20? He's essentially in the same phase most college kids are thinking that theyre super intellectual and don't realize how ridiculous they sound until a few years later. I'd hate to think what names I'd have picked at 19/20.

Touche. I had a friend in college who wanted to name a kid after Immanuel Kant. I also once dated an extremely, extraordinarily pretentious man who wanted a Persephone. :my_confused:

With a few exeptions The Choice of names for senior Royals   will use is limited  to the traditional  names that have been used and reused in the family for hundreds of years and that are not being used by any living family member. And the Monarch gets last say. This is why When Prince Andrew wanted to name one of his daughters Annabell he was shot  down and why  William Could not have used Diana for Charlotte.  

my theory; Ben got to choose the first name fore Spurgeon, since he was the head of the house, and let Jessa choose the seconds first name, but he got to slip Wilberforce in there. I think this shows in how Jessa refers to spurgeon as #spugeonElliotSeewald on instagram, reminding everyone that his middle name is Elliot, the true test to this will be if she refers to henry as #HenrySeewald, or #HenryWilberforceSeewald. 

(so late to the name reveal party! I'll be catching up on these pages later...)

I have no problem with the name Henry - it's a cute & *gasp* normal name! But when Ben was explaining the whole story behind it & 'Wilberforce' (phew, what a middle name) I just sat here thinking "Why must there be some inspirational and big story behind everything?!" They said they thought Henry was cute so just leave it at that! I didn't even bother finishing the last few seconds of the video, because Ben. :my_rolleyes:

IMO, it is far more honorable, indicative and loving to name your child after a beloved family member- especially as a middle name, than after someone whom neither of you has ever met.

I also think Henry feels old-fashioned (and yes, I know it is popular right now). However, I think Hank is a cute nickname. I named one of my foster cats last year Handsome Hank. 

When I saw Wilberforce, I literally said to my friend, "WILBERFORCE?!?"

So the more I think about Henry, the more I think he needs a dog, Ribsy. Sadly, the Duggars would never catch this reference. I loved the Beverly Cleary books when I was growing up. Now, if the Duggar cousins would also include Beatrice (Beezus) and Ramona… (I know they weren't cousins in the books, but would be fun to have them in the extended family.)

7 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Spurgeon really is a cute wee chap. He lucked out with his Genes. I can't see Jim-twit in him at all thank goodness.

Bens dad reminds me of somebody. Does he look like one of Trumps team? Or an actor? I can't think who? 

I think he looks like RFK Jr in this pic. 

2 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I am assuming the Wilberforce is after William Wilberforce?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

You're correct. They explained the connection in the video.

@GobsmackedHe looks similar to Steve Carrell at times. Just not funny. Or smart. Or witty. Or nice.

8 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Yeah, my sister was born when my parents were 19 and 20 and her name is way worse than all the others. Hopefully they have learned the hard way just how much we and others can snark on Spurgeon. I feel for the little fish but he can change the order of the names when he is older if he likes. He will survive. Henry Wilberforce is so much better. 

10 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Prince Charles?

pc.jpg

And can I just say something that I realized just now?

All the married Duggar daughters will have, or already have, the first grand children on their husband's side of the family, even though their husbands all have siblings. Is it because the Duggar daughters always marry the eldest sons/child of the family? How weird is that? What are the chances? Not very high I assume? Are they doing this on purpose in order to milk all the ressources for their children on the husband's side of the family? It's all about using up ressources with these guys. I mean  it's simple: have the first few grandbabies and be the queen. get the grandparents and unmarried siblings to help you in the household. Having the first grand-children in a family is a great position to be in. I witnessed it first hand in my own family.

I can actually see JB trying to convince his daughters to marry a first born son of a family because of that. Isn't Joy also courting the oldest child of a family?

I think it depends on the family.  I had the first grandchild in my husband's family.  Then my husband's sister had a baby and my daughter seems to barely exist to his parents.

I don't think there's a conspiracy to marry the oldest boy in each family to use up resources.  I don't think they need to do that. 

Joy's guy's sister is married and is pregnant (or already had it?). Joy won't have the first grandchild there. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived