IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I'm pretty sure there was a shot from the plane in the episode.

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Nope. They were shown in the airport.

Ahhh, OK.  In that case TLC probably paid for it as part of filming. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, justmy2cents said:

Ahhh, OK.  In that case TLC probably paid for it as part of filming. 

I'm sure they did, but its just another example of their hypocrisy. . 

45 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I think their motto is 'buy used and save the difference' only if it's coming directly out of their pocket.

And really do they actually SAVe the difference, like if I buy a shirt from good will for 3 bucks, but it would have cost me 10 at the store, new, by that saying I should be putting that 7 bucks in a savings acct. I highly doubt they are doing this , just living cheap.. that should be their motto

buy used and live cheap.

9 hours ago, nst said:

I never thought they would go to such extremes.  Pretend they were so pure yet so dysfunctional which comes out in spades endlessly in the new show.  At least whenever Jessa is around she seems to be more bossy or just feels because she is the married one she can spout.... and again that is the difference from last year when Jill was gone and to this week's episode Jill was her loud self... But what really stood out is how Michelle is so out of touch with her children /adults that she needed to be told by Jessa that one of her daughters called her out.  The dysfunction is shocking  yet amusing    

Wait...when did Michelle get called out by a child?

5 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Jinger was calling to her. I believe. 

36 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

in the bridal shop - Jinge was leaving to try on a dress and she said as she going into the change room 

come on mama and michelle sat there until Jessa said to her mother - jinge wants you to go with her 

and michelle was like oh yes - 

totally oblivious 

2 hours ago, nst said:

in the bridal shop - Jinge was leaving to try on a dress and she said as she going into the change room 

come on mama and michelle sat there until Jessa said to her mother - jinge wants you to go with her 

totally oblivious 

I went back over to watch that and... HAJHAHAHAHAA

Spoiler

mom 1.pngmom 2.pngmom 3.pngmom 4.pngmom 5.png

I'm not going to lie, that was probably my favorite part of the show. That and when it panned back to them to see her dress, and Michelle was sitting there acting all stunned and surprised like she didnt just help her into the dress....

2 hours ago, nst said:

totally oblivious 

That's so sad, especially since marriage is the only big event besides kids in their lives, not having a parent excited and wanting to do that with you has to hurt. 

I think J'shelle is heavily medicated these days. The amount of "out of it" she displays has to be drug induced. Don't know what kind of cocktail she's on, but it must be some heavy duty shit. Ordinary meds don't do that...(full disclosure, I take Lexapro and Xanax when needed). She looks like me on a double dose of Xanax...COMPLETELY out of it (only by accident once)...or maybe Trazadone.

Girlfriend is coming apart at the seams. 

Catching up on "Counting On."

I'm not sure why, but I get so freaking annoyed whenever one of the Duggars/Duggar-adjacents uses the word "desire" instead of "want." ("I really desire the dress to have long sleeves.") Is it their way of making every one of their personal preferences seem earnest and/or holy?

Ugh, so annoying. It's like when people use "utilize" instead of "use" to sound smart.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I think J'shelle is heavily medicated these days. The amount of "out of it" she displays has to be drug induced. Don't know what kind of cocktail she's on, but it must be some heavy duty shit. Ordinary meds don't do that...(full disclosure, I take Lexapro and Xanax when needed). She looks like me on a double dose of Xanax...COMPLETELY out of it (only by accident once)...or maybe Trazadone.

Girlfriend is coming apart at the seams. 

I take Opana and she looks like me when I was adjusting to my meds.  Thank goodness we got that taken care of but for 3-4 weeks, boy was I out of it.

On 1/16/2017 at 6:13 PM, Buzzard said:

The men describe jinger's style - thrifty, unique... urban, trendy, sassy... classical.

Jessa TH - its the jinger style.

They name everything except "modest."

So I just watched this part and the dress shop scene where they keep talking about "designing", and all I can think of is, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."  :smiley-signs131:

(Although I can't really see them using "inconceivable" either :pb_lol:)

Lol they abandoned "buy used and save the difference" after Anna's wedding. Her wedding was such a ridiculous fundie circus. Yet the daughters all got nice weddings, because the show had seen a major shift in tone by then. Even though the Duggars still seem strange, it's crazy looking back to when it was a COMPLETE freak show with the crunchy perms and floor-length jumpers. 

9 hours ago, Buzzard said:

So, riddle me this... The Duggars spew their "buy used and save the difference" lie, right?  How much did it cost to fly all those people to Virginia to get a "custom" wedding gown?  Forget the cost of the dress, what was the cost of GETTING the dress?  Lets ignore the cost of the wedding and the honeymoon entirely.  How can the fans miss this?  They probably spent more on just that episode than most people spend on their entire wedding.

So I did some rough dirty math on this. The Duggars had 8 adults even if they were able to book one of those 99 anywhere flights that's 800 plus those are usually just one way so it would be another 800 coming home. Plus car rental, hotel, and meals for all 8 for at least 2 days. Large vehicles are more expensive to rent so we'll say 75 a day and based on the one Jessa was in they had 2.  I will give them the benefit of doubt that they teamed up on the hotel and slept 4 adults to a room. For meals let's go two meals a day out and average the cost at 7 per meal. That brings us to a grand total of $2324 dollars for a two day trip IF they went average hotel at 100 a night and ate cheap.  My whole wedding was $5000  

7 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

Lol they abandoned "buy used and save the difference" after Anna's wedding. Her wedding was such a ridiculous fundie circus. Yet the daughters all got nice weddings, because the show had seen a major shift in tone by then. Even though the Duggars still seem strange, it's crazy looking back to when it was a COMPLETE freak show with the crunchy perms and floor-length jumpers. 

I really think Anna had a better wedding. It may have been cheap but she feed her guests a proper meal in a proper setting. Jinger is the only daughter to follow her example the other two didn't care about their guests. 

10 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

My whole wedding was $5000  

Mine was 60 bucks. But...we were broke as hell and just wanted to get married. There was a possibility he'd get called to active duty (he was Navy reserve) and it'd be easier to get all the dependent shit done if we were married. 30 bucks for the license and 30 bucks for the Justice of the Peace.  Hell, it's worked this long (almost 20 years now)

Michelle could be taking something or it could be the toll of constantly acting in her own life. She is always playing a role and that constant inner censorship has to be exhausting. When you compare her to Sierra for example, there is a big difference. Sierra makes fun of herself and freely admits to being a hot mess. Sierra seems to be on a mission to reform herself to be more godly (and cultish) but I don't feel like she holds herself up to be the example of the perfect wife, like Michelle does. They are both in what I would consider an unhealthy environment but Sierra's coping seems more conducive to mental health than Michelle's. 

12 hours ago, karen77 said:

buy used and live cheap.

my motto nowadays is more like: buy nothing and still live cheap.

I think I have to watch the wedding dress episode just to see Juterus being out of everything.

3 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

Michelle could be taking something or it could be the toll of constantly acting in her own life. She is always playing a role and that constant inner censorship has to be exhausting. When you compare her to Sierra for example, there is a big difference. Sierra makes fun of herself and freely admits to being a hot mess. Sierra seems to be on a mission to reform herself to be more godly (and cultish) but I don't feel like she holds herself up to be the example of the perfect wife, like Michelle does. They are both in what I would consider an unhealthy environment but Sierra's coping seems more conducive to mental health than Michelle's. 

I think who or whatever the "real" Michelle was before she got sucked into the fundie cult life is still in there...but she can't let it out, she can't let the mask down. I have to wonder, when she goes out alone, does she turn the car radio to the classic rock station? Does she regret her life choices? Does she feel trapped by the expectations placed on her? Does she feel lost now that there's no more babies? 

50 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I think who or whatever the "real" Michelle was before she got sucked into the fundie cult life is still in there...but she can't let it out, she can't let the mask down. I have to wonder, when she goes out alone, does she turn the car radio to the classic rock station? Does she regret her life choices? Does she feel trapped by the expectations placed on her? Does she feel lost now that there's no more babies? 

Really good questions. Unfortunately I don't see that we ever get any answers.

I'm a little late to the party but I just watched the episode:

1. when they described Jinger's style one of the brothers said "simple" but immideately said "in a good way". Are they reading here and saw that we didn't like the word simple in reference to Jinger when Jeremy said it?

2. The wedding dress designer (the blonde woman in the store) was talking to Jinger like she was a child.

3. They say Jinger is indecisive. I don't believe this. Jinger used to have opinions and had all kinds of personality but not indecisive. What they really mean is this: She wants things she can't have in life because she grew up in that cult. So now she can't make the decisions she really wants to make she is left with a question mark and doesn't know what she wants. When I hear people say that someone or themselves are indecisive I never believe it. It just means that they can't have they want or are too afraid to demand it.

12 hours ago, mizandry said:

I went back over to watch that and... HAJHAHAHAHAA

Reveal hidden contents

mom 1.pngmom 2.pngmom 3.pngmom 4.pngmom 5.png

This is amazing! 

I really have to wonder what is going through J'chelle's head since the show/their lives isnt focused all about her and her amazing uterus.

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

I'm a little late to the party but I just watched the episode:

1. when they described Jinger's style one of the brothers said "simple" but immideately said "in a good way". Are they reading here and saw that we didn't like the word simple in reference to Jinger when Jeremy said it?

2. The wedding dress designer (the blonde woman in the store) was talking to Jinger like she was a child.

3. They say Jinger is indecisive. I don't believe this. Jinger used to have opinions and had all kinds of personality but not indecisive. What they really mean is this: She wants things she can't have in life because she grew up in that cult. So now she can't make the decisions she really wants to make she is left with a question mark and doesn't know what she wants. When I hear people say that someone or themselves are indecisive I never believe it. It just means that they can't have they want or are too afraid to demand it.

To your first point- I honestly don't think so. Those boys ( I think it was Jed, Jer, or Jason) seem least likely to be following here. But I think they are smart enough to know that "simple" can come across different ways, and honestly wanted to clarify themselves.

I really really like your third point. I think that makes a ton of sense and it really bums me out :(

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived