IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind numbing blathering - part 4

Back at the shop... JInger comes out with "number 3" and they play happy music - she walks out in slow mo.  Clearly this is "the dress."  She hugs renee.   Jessa says that this is the picture "you showed me."  So... bullshit on this being all a surprise and not totally sketched out in advance?  So.... the first 2 were just space killers?

JInger TH - I loved everything about this dress, the sleeves and the train... 

She decides that 3 is the dress.   They give her flowers and a veil.  Renee asks "is this the jinger?"  Jinger says "yes."

We're reminded that Renee has a store in pensacola.  

Renee gives her options about the train.  RIght now its 45 inches.  JInger wants it longer. Jeremy likes long trains and has mentioned it (because thats normal...)

Joy explains that jana has to help with the train beause Jessa is pregnant and it will be long.  All the bridesmaids will have to take a corner.

Jessa TH - my train was decently long but this will be massive and will fillup the whole church. Jeremy is going to be a puddle of tears. Its gorgeous and just what she wanted. Its real and I'm happy for her but selfishly sad because she'll move away.

They all clap (except joy, who's texting).

Jinger TH - I'm excited about walking down the aisle in my dress.

They all hug...

The whole group shows up at "the creative studio" for painting classes.  It will be "fun" to make somtething for their new home.  The owner explains what they will be doing and Michelle nods like my dog when I have a treat in his face.

Michelle points out the new york skyline and says its perfect.  JIll wants to paint jeremy.  FOr some reason Jill is wearing a name tag... with a heart for the I.  Bin wants "sunrisey" colors for the background. Michelle picks a blue that matches her only shirt (her nametag also has a heart for the I).

Spurge cries.  Jill wheels Izzy around.  Jessa decides to sit int he car with the babies and get them to fall asleep.  Jessa says she did it because she's not good at painting so she took the kids to get out. She drives off... I hope she was a listed driver on the rental... 

Derick paints... Jinger says she's been texting jeremy to keep him in the loop without seeing the dress.  

Jessa is in the car and the kids are asleep. 

Jessa TH - this is good training becaseu soon i'll have 2 kids.

Bin painted coffee cuz... she likes coffee.  Joy painted a girl with an umbrella , jana says they'll help her hang it.  Derick and JIll painted a pic of jeremy and jinger intentionally faceless (like an amish doll) so as they age the painting goes with them... Michelle did the ny skyline because it reminds her of the proposal.  

They're actually very good so I call BS on them actually doing this without serious help.

Daddy vuolo did a "she is more rprecious than jewels" pic because godly woman...

Jinger - it was really neat spending this time together.  Thinking about moving to texas, its exciting. Since meetin gjeremy my life has completely changes. Its amazing how your worlds are moving together and looking foward to the future, its a special season.

Next week - they buy shit for his apartment.  Jessa tells them where to hang shit.  Joy gets her courthip.  SHots of the honeymoon.  Jill tells israel he's a big brother.  Jessa gets a 3d ultrasound.

Oh my gosh you guys, this next show is like... Arndts on steroids.

@Buzzard THANK YOU so much for your recap! :) Stellar effort as always :)  

24 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I know it's already been discussed, but who is designer of Jingers dress? From what I've gathered, Renee didn't really "design" it 

What this Renee lady calls "designing" most wedding dress places just call "alterations." Adding another foot to the train of an already-existing does not a designer make.

For transparency, I don't actually know if she designed the dress Jinger wore, but she does apparently pass other people's designs off as her own, so my expectations aren't high.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

He played backup goalie in FINLAND. Not exactly a hotbed of European soccer. Then he rode the pine for the NY Red Bulls and made a whopping $44,000 for the one year he spent there. You can't survive on that amount in NYC. Jeremy has never been flush in cash. 

I just wanted to say that it's totally possible to live quite happily in NYC on much less than 44k -- I've been here for five years living on 2/3rds of that, as do many people I know. 

53 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Hey guys, if you haven't heard, did you know that Jinger is getting her dress designed JUST FOR HER?

:pb_surprised:

You mean she's getting a 'bespoke' dress? And does she know there is a term for that?

US doesn't use the term bespoke very much though.  Custom designed is something I've heard here though. 

Please save us the trouble of moving posts and discuss the Putnams in their own thread.

On 1/11/2017 at 0:16 PM, Buzzard said:

This is all I have to say about the fact that there is a season 3 of this bullshit

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead:

So glad I don't have cable.  I don't have the temptation to watch.  I'll just read recaps here.

I'm going to stick with the same shit different year comment. And I cannot believe that they showed Derick puking. What the hell TLC? That is disgusting even for you. Counting On...these people still being boring! 

Next week is oh good grief - Could it be Twins?

Jessa and Ben listen to the heartbeat of Baby #2, which makes them wonder if it's twins. They travel to see friend Flame in concert, and Ben takes center stage. Jinger continues with wedding planning and finalizes important details.

It is sad how boring, these people are. I live a pretty dull life I admit, I'm not one for lots of fun and excitement all the time, but even I would lose my ever loving mind around these people. FUCK, there isn't enough brain power between the eleventy of them to power night light.   

I'm open mouthed and slack jawed. How does anybody watch that? Can those women's voices (Meeechelle and the shop owners) get any higher, or can they talk to Jinger more like she's a very slow child????

I've never seen anything so exceedingly dull. Watched for a grand total of 87 seconds, if that. Incredible. Astounding. THAT'S entertainment??!!

I'll watch this as soon as it gets posted on YouTube. I probably have a masochistic streak but I can't help myself. It sounds even more staged and over the top than usual. Seems like they've all memorized a few lines about 'god willing, more children', 'marriage is what I've always dreamed of' etc. Reality shows always get more stale over time because they memorize a persona and stick to it- no glimpses into what's going on behind the mask. But I'm still fascinated with the personas they choose to project. Creepy hyper feminine Michelle, Mr. Man Jim Bob, cool Christian 'intellectual' Ben, do-gooder and preachy Derrick and Jill, etc. Jessa seems less capable of putting on a mask, although she says most of the right things. Even if she is smug, I kind of like that about her.

Jinger seems to be trying to emulate Michelle! Except with some sense of fashion. We'll see if Mrs. Perfect Preacher's Wife lasts or if she relaxes in a more authentic environment. Jeremy definitely has the persona of 'just a regular guy trying to do good in a bad world'. But he seems to like power and influence. He may be a real team player with Jinger or he may lord his head of the house position over her to please his ego. That's what I'm watching for this season.

I wonder if Jill will relax now that she's in her comfort zone and maybe be less of a wallflower. It depends on if Derrick's zealotry gets out of control and makes him have a martyr complex. They make depressing companions. 

I like Bin's random forray in Christian hip-hop and other signs of quasi independent thought. Between that and Jessa's happiness in motherhood and general sense of self entitlement, they may create a less conformist family environment (less like the Jim Bob mold).Spurgie may even have some freedom to be his own self (within the cult). Indoctrination just doesn't seem to excite Jessa the way it does Jill. Aw well, time will if Izzie is uptight and anxious vs Spurgie being  easygoing and self-directed. Jinger brood will be probably happy go lucky, maybe creative, but definitely indoctrinated.

I could hardly watch Derick in his Talking Heads.  The spacing of his teeth on the side of his mouth ... wow.  His mouth is huge now, if he can have that much spacing between those big teeth.  He and Jill are just both so strange. 

Jinger's hair for her wedding dress shopping looked awful in the back.  I wanted to comb through it so badly.  But, her wedding dress is beautiful and I am glad she got what she wanted. 

I think it is interesting how JimBoob has not been featured much lately.  (I know this is a new season but he didn't go on the NYC "engagement" trip and wasn't seen in this episode. )  I guess he is busy making sure all his stay at home adult sons have things to do day to day.   

3 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

"Well he didn't really do great with the ring, but he did great with you!"

OH MY LORD I WOULD HAVE SLAPPED THIS FAKE-ASS "DESIGNER" LADY. You do NOT insult the ring of the bride that you're designing for. So rude. 

EDIT: I misheard "only" as "really." So she was not being rude, I'm just deaf :shrug:

I heard it that way too. 

In fact I turned on the closed captions and ran it again  and then I stopped watching for good.

Looks like it was a blessing in disguise that TLC isn't airing where I am right now. Watched 'The Story of God with Morgan Freeman' and Vanderpump Rules instead. Thanks for the recap @Buzzard. Will you accept chocolate since wine is off-limits for now? 

15 minutes ago, doubleT said:

I could hardly watch Derick in his Talking Heads.  The spacing of his teeth on the side of his mouth ... wow.  His mouth is huge now, if he can have that much spacing between those big teeth.  He and Jill are just both so strange. 

Jinger's hair for her wedding dress shopping looked awful in the back.  I wanted to comb through it so badly.  But, her wedding dress is beautiful and I am glad she got what she wanted. 

I think it is interesting how JimBoob has not been featured much lately.  (I know this is a new season but he didn't go on the NYC "engagement" trip and wasn't seen in this episode. )  I guess he is busy making sure all his stay at home adult sons have things to do day to day.   

I think they are intentionally limiting footage with Jim Bob and Michelle to make it feel like a different show. Despite the content being pretty much the same as recent seasons of 19KAC. 

8 hours ago, halcionne said:

Thank you!! And yikes - this is one big shiny house they've got there.

3 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I was wondering if maybe they are salty and jealous about Jinger snagging Jeremy cause he's more of a catch than their guys. (Although I know none of those 3 religious nutcases are actually a catch)

I agree that none of these guys are actually a catch. Derrick could have been one, since he is educated and had a really good job that could have even supported a bigger family on one income, but than he met Jillymuffin and went all Jesuscrazy and this was the end of what could have been a normal life.

I had a choice between watching this or watching South Park episodes on Comedy Central that have all been rerun enough times that I've all but memorized every line of dialogue.  

Cartman et.al. won out.  That tells you something.

@Buzzard, I don't know how you manage to watch this dreck and recap it without the help of alcohol, but I am so grateful that you do. 

41 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wasn't paying enough attention to find out what's wrong with Derick (that made him puke).  Anyone else pick up what it was?

They're saving that for a future episode - along w/ his visit to the doctor. So I expect we'll be seeing the running/puking 'tease' for a couple more episodes plus the actual episode were it's part of the storyline before we learn what the problem is.

Also previewed - Joy and Austin sitting on a rock w/ Austin talking about God & Joy saying something about not knowing - to build will/she won't she courtship drama.

The whole clan moving Jinger(?) in. Are they trying to capture the HGTV viewership? We've seen them move into the TTH, Josh & Anna into grandma's house, Ben and Jessa into the same house, Ben moving into the guest apartment, Josh and Anna moving into the DC house, Jill and Derick moving into the now sold mini mansion, the redecoration of the pool house for Jill and Derick, remodeling the girls room, helping the Bates enlarge their house, building the tree house - have I missed any?

Also previewed Jinger/Jeremy honeymoon, Jill/Derick baby 2.

I watched it all. Started out not too bad but by the 2nd dress...yawn!  I couldn't believe that Derrick and Ben had to go along on the trip AND THEN... the kisses and hugs when they had to go their separate ways. You would think they were going off to war!  Poor Mr. Vuolo trying to keep up a conversation with those 2. Yawn.

Oh, in one of the flashbacks where Michelle is hugging(!) Jessa about her 2nd pregnancy news, was that Josh in the background? Looked like him standing in front of a fireplace.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived