IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

Season three begins with Jinger's Gown:

The Jinger Gown

Jinger said yes to marrying Jeremy and now it's time to start planning for the big day, which is just 3 months away! The family takes a trip to DC to find Jinger's perfect dress. But with more options than imagined, will she find the dress of her dreams?

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Season three begins with Jinger's Gown:

You almost make it sound interesting. 

I don't know where, maybe I read it but the promo for this season mentioned that Jill & derrick would be "going to the dock to check on derrick's health." I wonder if they get that stuff from reading here or if he's just going to get the braces off. Or if there's really something wrong w/him. We prob. won't hear about it till the last episode.

If they had to read here to realize that something might be off with Derrick then I am even more worried about the whole family than I was before. Couldn't they just look at him and have an idea that he might need a check-up?

Unfortunately, I actually believe it could be serious with Derick's health. I actually have the feeling that whatever's up has gotten to the point that they have to address it publicly. I know the Duggar's are attention seekers, but I don't think that anyone has yet tried to fake illness for ratings before.

Derick is just possessed by the spirit of Jim Bob, that's what's making him throw up.

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic

Judging by the fact that the wedding already aired, and that they've done it plenty of times before, I'm gonna guess most of the wedding "planning" is going to have been filmed after the wedding happened. 

If only the duggars were better actors with slightly more interesting lives. 

52 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Judging by the fact that the wedding already aired, and that they've done it plenty of times before, I'm gonna guess most of the wedding "planning" is going to have been filmed after the wedding happened. 

If only the duggars were better actors with slightly more interesting lives. 

They put together the wedding episode just 10 days after it happened.  That was just so the fans didn't complain about having to wait 3 months to see it.  We've seen some stills of the wedding prep/dress shopping in real time so I don't think they would need to tape anything later. This is TLC's typical mo.  They shoot, edit and then air that footage a season behind.  The longer wedding episode is supposed to include the reception and honeymoon which we have not seen yet.  

I still don't fully understand why they couldn't have extended the season by 2-3 episodes and include the shit in this season and then follow up with a VSE about the wedding.  This season could have been about Joy's courtship (with a teaser from the end of last season) and then honeymoon/moving to Texas stuff.  I know they have to schedule far in advance but push back whatever runs opposite from Counting On. 

Anyone want to wildly speculate on why they were moved to MONDAY at 9PM instead of Tuesday at 8?  Monday seems to be a much more valuable time slot.  

I think counting on makes the most sense if you consider it this way:

Executive: Okay, interns - this is your shot. You can do anything you want so long as you don't bother any real (paid) professionals, and you get everything donated. Basically, don't bother me or cost me money.

Intern: I have an idea, but there is an airtime scheduling issue

Exec: Nope, don't bother me or anyone I have to pay for their time

Intern: But-

Exec: Is it free? Otherwise, no. Okay,  that's all the time I have allotted for this show this season. Go wild, kids!

9 PM is prime time, much more than 8 PM... but then again, they're having a marathon of "my 600 pound life" today and then "paranormal lockdown."

This isnt really riveting television... 

It actually looks like they're shooting for an "outdaughtered" lead in... totally different audience.

Aaand... the duggars appear to be a lead in for "the putmans"  another mega family that seems kind of fucked up

I predict:   Someone starts courting.

Someone preps a wedding.

Someone gets married.

Someone gets pregnant.

Someone has a baby.

Someone takes a trip somewhere.

Wake me if anything new happens.

I wonder why so many of the younger kids are courting/marrying before the older ones. Jana, JD, and Joseph have never courted. But 5 of the kids younger than they are have (if you include Josiah). Maybe the parents were strictest on the older ones (excluding Josh who experienced a little bit of childhood before the parents got entrenched in the Gothard cult) therefore their personalities are repressed? I feel really bad for Jana and JD they are 26 yrs old and deserve some adventure. I mean I guess being a reality star is a pretty interesting life but still. 

Next thought:  I think the timeline of events with Jeremy was totally faked, bc he and Jinger were posted as a couple together in the Duggar Family Blog portraits (which is run by personal friends of the Duggars) way before he officially proposed. They were obviously sure that Jeremy was a done deal very very soon. I wonder what compelled this 29 year old guy to rush so quickly into the marriage? How can this experienced guy who's probably sampled more than a few women before be SO positive about spending the rest of his life with someone he's never even kissed? What if they were totally incompatible? The virgin husbands wouldn't know the difference, but this guy sure would. Something is just strange about it. Btw did anyone think he looked kind of unhappy in the "honeymoon update" where Jinger talks about a koala? But maybe he was just tired idk. 

23 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

I wonder why so many of the younger kids are courting/marrying before the older ones. Jana, JD, and Joseph have never courted. But 5 of the kids younger than they are have (if you include Josiah). Maybe the parents were strictest on the older ones (excluding Josh who experienced a little bit of childhood before the parents got entrenched in the Gothard cult) therefore their personalities are repressed? I feel really bad for Jana and JD they are 26 yrs old and deserve some adventure. I mean I guess being a reality star is a pretty interesting life but still. 

Next thought:  I think the timeline of events with Jeremy was totally faked, bc he and Jinger were posted as a couple together in the Duggar Family Blog portraits (which is run by personal friends of the Duggars) way before he officially proposed. They were obviously sure that Jeremy was a done deal very very soon. I wonder what compelled this 29 year old guy to rush so quickly into the marriage? How can this experienced guy who's probably sampled more than a few women before be SO positive about spending the rest of his life with someone he's never even kissed? What if they were totally incompatible? The virgin husbands wouldn't know the difference, but this guy sure would. Something is just strange about it. Btw did anyone think he looked kind of unhappy in the "honeymoon update" where Jinger talks about a koala? But maybe he was just tired idk. 

they do mess with those timelines, don't they? ^_^ duggar time applies to lots of things, not just the right to be rudely late everywhere they go...

I'm hoping that what happened was that Jeremy really did fall for Jinger, and vice versa...they obviously do have chemistry, here's hoping that lasts

I remember at the end of the season a couple years back, someone behind the camera asked Jinger if there were any young men in her life (something along those lines, don't recall exactly)...Jinger gave such a BIG grin, but said nothing (I think), I knew right then she had someone in mind.

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Derick is just possessed by the spirit of Jim Bob, that's what's making him throw up.

I'm thinking maybe some prolonged ill effects following a full moon.

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

I'm thinking maybe some prolonged ill effects following a full moon.

well, stay tuned...we are fixin' to have another one tomorrow ^_^

8 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

they do mess with those timelines, don't they? ^_^ duggar time applies to lots of things, not just the right to be rudely late everywhere they go...

I'm hoping that what happened was that Jeremy really did fall for Jinger, and vice versa...they obviously do have chemistry, here's hoping that lasts

I remember at the end of the season a couple years back, someone behind the camera asked Jinger if there were any young men in her life (something along those lines, don't recall exactly)...Jinger gave such a BIG grin, but said nothing (I think), I knew right then she had someone in mind.

You must be referring to the end of S1 of counting on which was what, last April-ish? In that scene, which was when they were in El Salvador, It was obvious that Jinger was hiding something. But before that scene, Jinger gave no indication that she had someone. And what's interesting is that before they announced Joy, she didn't give any indication that she had somebody either (besides from the rumors of her texting in one scene this past season). They're quite good at keeping things under wraps. 

2 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

You must be referring to the end of S1 of counting on which was what, last April-ish? In that scene, which was when they were in El Salvador, It was obvious that Jinger was hiding something. But before that scene, Jinger gave no indication that she had someone. And what's interesting is that before they announced Joy, she didn't give any indication that she had somebody either (besides from the rumors of her texting in one scene this past season). They're quite good at keeping things under wraps. 

they are indeed...that's what I was referring to, it was in the spring...unlike Jinger and Jeremy's courtship, etc. (wish I didn't always think of Johnny & June's "Jackson" when I think of them :my_dodgy: gets stuck in my head), I firmly believe the union between Joy and Austin has been in the works for years, I imagine it's quite the fundie coup for JB

9 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

they are indeed...that's what I was referring to, it was in the spring...unlike Jinger and Jeremy's courtship, etc. (wish I didn't always think of Johnny & June's "Jackson" when I think of them :my_dodgy: gets stuck in my head), I firmly believe the union between Joy and Austin has been in the works for years, I imagine it's quite the fundie coup for JB

Agreed. This is a pic of some birthday party from January 2015. In the pic you can see Austin, then right next to him is her sister Megan and right next to her if Joy. That's pretty close if you ask me and that was 2 years ago!

IMG_1789.PNG

6 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

Im really glad for her to be dating somebody who's a bit famous in his own right (worlds strictest parents show, owns a camp, etc) rather than a random fan/latcher-on like Ben! 

2 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

Im really glad for her to be dating somebody who's a bit famous in his own right (worlds strictest parents show, owns a camp, etc) rather than a random fan/latcher-on like Ben! 

I am too...Joy loves the outdoors, another bonus...theirs really could be another love match, without all the visible heat of Jinger and Jeremy during courtship, just something very comfortable for both of them because they have known each other forever

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived