IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Jinger's dress - part 3

Next dress, everyone has to close their eyes again.  Jinger reminds us what she's doing.

JIll - dress number 2 is more in line with jinger's tastes.

Renee explains that the train can come off and go on another dress so they can design what she wants.

JInger TH - its hard for me to imagine that. I was excited when they brought out more lace to give me a visual.

Joy - its easier to have someone design a dress instead of looking through dresses.

Renee explains lace... in her whisper voice.  Between her and Michelle I'd stab myself in the eye.

Bin explains the moment he saw Jessa - flashback - it was a gorgeous, graceful dress. It was fluffy...  He teared up and jeremy will tear up a lot.

The J'slaves like this dress better.  Jeremy's mom pretty much just sits there. They'll need fluffing lessons for the train.

Time for number 3 because Jinger still isnt convinved. SHe likes the general idea but... 

Back to the menfolk, who are getting ice cream and pretending like it was just a spur of the moment decision and not at all what they told the wives they were going to do.

Derick is surpised because they only have one flavor, its the topping that are different.

Jeremy's dad says spending time with jinger is great and he was excited to meet the rest of the family.  THe littles sleep while the "men" eat.  Bin asks for advice about going from one kid to 2.  He says that its easier going from 1-2 than 2-3 but that his wife would know better.  YOu can still go "man to man" and bin likes the "football" analogy.  

Dont compare one kid to another because they're unique.

Derick - even though we dont have 2 yet, lord willing we'll have 2 and its not fair to compare two people to another.

Vuolo asks if the littles have tendencies.

Bin - spurgeon is laid back.  As he gets older we'll be able to give a more definitive answer

Derick - he's like jill - warm and affectionate, like jill.  He's a people person.

Jana and Joy describe him as strong willed.

Vuolo - we look foward to being grandparents.

Normally I have no issue with people describing other people as strong-willed, hell I am strong-willed, but whenever I hear a duggar describe a person smaller than them with that word all I can think of is how much blanket-training they're administering to correct that 'problem.' 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like riveting TV I missed.

Did that wedding shop employee respond to all the tweets rightfully calling her out on claiming to be the "designer" yet?

10 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Next week is oh good grief - Could it be Twins?

Some thoughts on the twins bs:

- there had better be two heartbeats, Jessa! Yours and babies!  If there isn't we have a problem!

- both bin and Jessa have said repeatedly "going from one child to two."  They had a whole convo about how going from 2 to 3 is the hard jump.  Remember Binny, you said you liked the "football" analogy (not sports).

drop the manufactured drama.  It's annoying and when you know it's not possible it's just lying.  Lies make baby Jesus cry...

I forgot that the show was even on. Reading @Buzzardrecaps, makes me see that I'm glad that I forgot. LOL

Anyway, why can't Jessa help carry the wedding dress train? I don't understand. Was there mention of her not being able to lift fabric while pregnant?  

Also, a simple "Derick has x which is causing him to lose weight" would have sufficed TLC. Seriously, I can barely handle my own vomiting and gagging, let alone watch someone else do it on TV.

I got sad hearing Israel being described as "strong-willed". I can honestly see Jill blanket training (where as I don't see Jessa IMO, obviously all this is speculation). And with Derick's recent twitter behavior, I can now see him supporting that as well (where I can't see Ben being on board with it). I hope I'm very wrong about Jill and Der though.

Also- honest question. i have heard man-to-man and zone defense in terms of basketball for sure. Is that commonly used football terminology as well?

12 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I just wanted to say that it's totally possible to live quite happily in NYC on much less than 44k -- I've been here for five years living on 2/3rds of that, as do many people I know. 

Second this. Plus the NY Red Bulls play across the river in Harrison, NJ near Newark. I lived there in 2012 and paid $300 later $550 to rent a room. Harrison is on the PATH train which is essentially the subway to NJ and is much cheaper than NJ Transit trains.

When they were describing Izzy it was all so generic.  He's strong willed?  He's energetic? He wants what he wants? REALLY!!  HE'S A TODDLER!!!  Now, there are some kids who are easy going but that description fits most toddlers and what's more, they said it after hesitating a minute like they didn't know what to say.  Only Derrick didn't hesitate to describe him.  I'm guessing it's because this wasn't long after he came back from CA and they were still getting to know toddler Izzy.  But considering they've known umpteen toddlers this was very generic unless they mean that of all the toddlers they have known he is especially strong willed. 

I think blanket training is to happen pretty early (like when they start to crawl), so if Israel is strong willed at this point, maybe that means he has been allowed to actually get off of the blanket to date.

I'm a little confused...promos for next week's episode shows nothing about wedding prep. So are we or are we not getting wedding prep all season long? Did they just have to show us the wedding dress episode because that was a part of the designers contract? The designer will "gift" the dress to Jinger as long as she gets an episode shilling her boutique?

Did anyone else think all 3 wedding dresses looked the same?  I honestly thought dress #1 was the one she ended up in... and then comes #2 which, what, had more lace on the bodice?  But it was pretty subtle.  And then #3 had maybe a slightly different border on the train?  I'd have to see them side-by-side to see any difference.

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I got sad hearing Israel being described as "strong-willed". I can honestly see Jill blanket training (where as I don't see Jessa IMO, obviously all this is speculation). And with Derick's recent twitter behavior, I can now see him supporting that as well (where I can't see Ben being on board with it). I hope I'm very wrong about Jill and Der though.

Also- honest question. i have heard man-to-man and zone defense in terms of basketball for sure. Is that commonly used football terminology as well?

I'm not much of a football lover, but I thought the same thing- is zone defense a thing in football?

I immediately thought of basketball and was surprised at Ben's response.

12 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Did anyone else think all 3 wedding dresses looked the same?  I honestly thought dress #1 was the one she ended up in... and then comes #2 which, what, had more lace on the bodice?  But it was pretty subtle.  And then #3 had maybe a slightly different border on the train?  I'd have to see them side-by-side to see any difference.

The 2nd and 3rd ones were more similar, but the 1st one was just a plain shell-

I want to know why they are trying to convince the audience that a designer would spend the time making three potential wedding dresses for someone on a third rate basic cable reality show? Do they realize a designer isn't going to make you even one dress, let alone three, unless you are super famous to warrant the publicity or actually pay them? Plus, designing and making a well made wedding dress takes time. We know those dresses were actually bought somewhere else but are people really this stupid? I am still trying to understand how anyone believes Jinger, and not TLC, planned that wedding. The Duggars have never been shown to have any type of sophisticated tastes and I doubt Jinger is the anomaly.

In other news, these people are incredibly boring.  The have nothing to talk about other than pregnancy/babies and courtships/weddings, none of which they make even remotely exciting. 

Best part of the episode- Mr V telling the guys that they should never compare kids because each one is unique and an individual. Oh Boy, he needs to pass this message on to JB and Michelle Duggar.

Just now, socalrules said:

I want to know why they are trying to convince the audience that a designer would spend the time making three potential wedding dresses for someone on a third rate basic cable reality show? Do they realize a designer isn't going to make you even one dress, let alone three, unless you are super famous to warrant the publicity or actually pay them? Plus, designing and making a well made wedding dress takes time. We know those dresses were actually bought somewhere else but are people really this stupid? I am still trying to understand how anyone believes Jinger, and not TLC, planned that wedding. The Duggars have never been shown to have any type of sophisticated tastes and I doubt Jinger is the anomaly.

In other news, these people are incredibly boring.  The have nothing to talk about other than pregnancy/babies and courtships/weddings, none of which they make even remotely exciting. 

Pregnancies and babies are the only reason that these people ever got a show in the first place.

1 hour ago, freealljs said:

Anyway, why can't Jessa help carry the wedding dress train? I don't understand. Was there mention of her not being able to lift fabric while pregnant?  

They were referring to her maybe having difficulty bending over to grab the train while heavily pregnant, not to her not being able to lift fabric.  In the end she did do the heavy lifting so as we can see she didn't have any trouble bending over.

15 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Remember they also tried to convince people that the duggar girls don't know how to cook. And, in what is probably my favorite moment in this show, that Jana isn't their slave. By talking about all this other shit in addition to cooking and raising children that they make her do. But then having her just stand by while her brothers did it because it was all men's work. 

I haven't watched CO this season so far. I don't get the logic. We already saw Jingers wedding so we know everything she picked out. Why draw out the wedding planning clips AFTER the wedding? It's not new. It's not suspenseful. do they seriously not have enough footage for a new story line? The wedding stuff is like beating a dead horse at this point (although as a recent bride myself, I get major train envy whenever I see Jinger'a dress)

On 1/11/2017 at 6:33 PM, VeganCupcake said:

I wonder why so many of the younger kids are courting/marrying before the older ones. Jana, JD, and Joseph have never courted. But 5 of the kids younger than they are have (if you include Josiah). Maybe the parents were strictest on the older ones (excluding Josh who experienced a little bit of childhood before the parents got entrenched in the Gothard cult) therefore their personalities are repressed? I feel really bad for Jana and JD they are 26 yrs old and deserve some adventure. I mean I guess being a reality star is a pretty interesting life but still. 

Next thought:  I think the timeline of events with Jeremy was totally faked, bc he and Jinger were posted as a couple together in the Duggar Family Blog portraits (which is run by personal friends of the Duggars) way before he officially proposed. They were obviously sure that Jeremy was a done deal very very soon. I wonder what compelled this 29 year old guy to rush so quickly into the marriage? How can this experienced guy who's probably sampled more than a few women before be SO positive about spending the rest of his life with someone he's never even kissed? What if they were totally incompatible? The virgin husbands wouldn't know the difference, but this guy sure would. Something is just strange about it. Btw did anyone think he looked kind of unhappy in the "honeymoon update" where Jinger talks about a koala? But maybe he was just tired idk. 

Why would it matter who marries first? If we buy [and I don't] that they are "free" to choose the one then it's just when they find them.  As for no kissing etc...um a lot of cultures don't do anything physical before the wedding. And many generations did so here. It's not that big of a deal to "learn" to kiss. Plus society has long looked the other way at a guy having "experience" but the girl must be just that--a "girl" (maiden) who hasn't been touched.  On the time line--after the Zack Bates courting fiasco I think they're all faked. That Marjorie or her parents bailed has more to do with the Joshy timing and her not getting a "role" to help with her love of "acting."

Man-to-man and zone are descriptive of defensive strategies in both basketball and football although I associate it more with basketball.  The play-by-play announcers at basketball games use the terms fairly frequently.  The NBA did not allow the zone defense before the 2001-2002 season.

Zone defense

21 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

There is an audience for people like the Duggar's, the right wing Christians, and not even fundy or fundy light who see any negative comment, no matter how inconsequential as an attack on themselves.  By keeping the Duggar's on TLC they are appeasing those folks who also like other shows, By not showing advertisements during the Duggar hour they are appeasing everyone else, we are talking 1 hour of TV 12 weeks out of the year, they can lose that revenue to keep viewership up on other shows.  They are trying to have their cake and eat it too here. 

As for intelligence. I do not think Jessa is dumb by any stretch, I don't really think any of them are with maybe the exception of JillyMuffin. She is ether just an epic level ditz, or dumber than a box of rocks. It is hard to tell, but she come across as a little flaky and very unsure of herself, I know people like that, they are very book smart but they don't have a lick of common sense, so they come across as stupid.  

It is hard to know what kind of education the older Duggar's got from I'd say Joe on up. We know Joy was the 1st baby handed off to a sister mom, so was she the 1st to be educated  by her siblings?  Jill was 7 only 7 when Joy was born and Josh was 9, they had 9 kids 9 & under How much SOTDRT could they have gotten really? Lack of common sense aside, there was/is probably a real lack of book knowledge.  they couldn't afford tutors at this point either they were all in a tiny house hiding in the bathroom just to get enough to eat. Remember babies 10 & 11 can 14 months after Joy. It had to be brutal for the oldest 8 or so kids. The youngest 3 were far to young to fend for themselves and oldest were probably much like the youngest, practically feral with minimal supervision and no guidance beyond do what we say or you will be beaten until you do.  All the kiddults down to the lost girls have had a truly horrific upbringing of abuse neglect and for the older ones malnutrition.  That is probably why all the older boys are so short. 

But even conservatives hate them. I read comments on Fox news and they even hate them. 

3 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

But even conservatives hate them. I read comments on Fox news and they even hate them. 

I'm talking the hard core Trump type conservatives, the ones, like the Duggar's, who see anyone with an R behind their name to be the savior of the world. It is a small group when looking at the country as a whole there are approximately 325 million Americans, even if only 25 % of American's think like I stated that is over 80 million people. That number seems large but it is only a quarter of people in the country.  

Yes I'm pulled that 25% out of my ass here (I have no idea what the real numbers are here) .  I'm just trying to show that even a small percent of people can add up to big numbers when looking at the whole picture.  And TLC is obviously owned and operated by an far right wing conservative christian, that is the only real explanation for why the Duggar's are still on, unless they like us are waiting for one of those kids to jump on the 1st stripper pole bus out of town and are waiting for the big pay day?

Snarking about Jingers style and their fashion advice, only because they put it out there: 

Jinger has totally lost her groove. Back when she was the "quirky" one,  she was kind of cute with her boho style, wearing berets and flowers and being an amateur photographer. But she is so frumpy now! She dresses like a 60 year old church lady, with the cardigans, boring skirts and flats.  And her hair looks awful. Like it's really thin and falling out... Maybe too much with the curling irons? Maybe she is dressing like she thinks a pastor's wife should? 

I think Jessa can pull off the maxi skirts and tied tops with her figure. But the maxi skirts swallow up Jinger. Jill looks like a penniless missionary (dressing the part), I miss Joys denim skirts and t- shirts, that seemed to fit her tomboy personality. The only one I think dresses "classy" is Jana...she looks like a professional with a job (what she should be able to do). 

This probably comes across as BEC, but I thought Jill looked very frumpy walking through the airport with a floor length skirt. It also didn't seem safe when you're negotiating escalators, luggage and a baby. OK, I'm done.

28 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

This probably comes across as BEC, but I thought Jill looked very frumpy walking through the airport with a floor length skirt. It also didn't seem safe when you're negotiating escalators, luggage and a baby. OK, I'm done.

I once had a long skirt get caught in an escalator, and if the two people behind me hadn't alerted me to that really early and helped me rip it out, I could have gotten really hurt, and in the best case would have been walking around bottomless for sure.  

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

And TLC is obviously owned and operated by an far right wing conservative christian, that is the only real explanation for why the Duggar's are still on,

You'll need to go find some proof to back up that statement, especially considering who is running TLC.  :5624797b0697e_headbash:

and what bothers me and I am Totally BEC today is jessa and her attitude and her bare feat - endless and her laying about 

the episode where she decorates Jeremy's abode should be highly snarky 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived