IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, ActualReality said:

Did that dress lady say that Jeremy did a bad job with the ring but a great job at picking Jinger.  :confused2:  WOW!

She actually said "Didn't ONLY do a good job with the ring," not "Didn't REALLY did a good job with the ring." So she was complimenting both the ring and Jinger. I got corrected on this further back in the thread, when I, too, was horrified by her rudeness! I'm glad I'm not the only one who misheard it. I think it was Renee's weird baby-whisper that made her difficult to understand. It was like listening to Michelle 2.0.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

Evangelist V has no right to be shady. He and his "pregnancy crisis" center are just as fucked up as the rest of the Duggars. But since his fam doesn't seem quite as deep in the koolaid (wearing low necklines, sleeveless tops, etc) I'm hoping someday he sees the light. 

I didn't know that Jeremy's dad also had a crisis pregnancy center. I knew Jeremy's parent church had one. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Could have something to do with it. Jeremy has a job unlike Ben so he couldn't move into the property.

that was purely for ratings and JB 's bright ideas 

Jeremy is a grown man opposed to Ben who was a teenager 

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Even the married couples don't get to make too many decisions. They live in the houses JB has chosen for them. Well, maybe Jinger has escaped a little bit.

ETA I wonder how it feels to to to the grocery store alone for the first time. My mother sent me to the shops armed with a list money and a shopping bag from an early age.

Are they allowed to go out shopping without an accountability buddy?   

Most of the sisters seemed reasonably dressed, but Jill looked so unkempt compared to them. 

Wearing flip flops at a wedding dress fitting/shopping? 

3 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I didn't know that Jeremy's dad also had a crisis pregnancy center. I knew Jeremy's parent church had one. 

Your comment is a little confusing, but yes Jeremy's church which he is the pastor of in Laredo has a crisis pregnancy center (aka anti-abortion scare tactic center). 

17 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

Your comment is a little confusing, but yes Jeremy's church which he is the pastor of in Laredo has a crisis pregnancy center (aka anti-abortion scare tactic center). 

I think she was referencing that she didn't know that Jeremy's DAD had a crisis center, I wasn't aware of that either.

Someone in another thread asked about ratings:  Jan 16:  1.259 M and a .37 rating according to a post on another forum. 

I'm predicting the episode where they address dericks health is going to get a lot viewers because of curiosity. I'm also predicting they're all gonna be disappointed because TLC will give us barely more details than given in he previews. 

17 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm predicting the episode where they address dericks health is going to get a lot viewers because of curiosity. I'm also predicting they're all gonna be disappointed because TLC will give us barely more details than given in he previews. 

Because there's probably nothing wrong with him. 

20 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

What's wrong with the attendant seeing you in a thong? I would probably wear a thong under my actual wedding dress, unless I'm wearing spanx. I guess I would fail that fitting LOL 

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Bridal shops may prefer customers to wear full-coverage underwear for hygiene reasons, not modesty reasons.

^^ That. It was in the literature when you signed up for a slot. Please wear full coverage underwear, no more than 4 people, be on time. etc. etc. That's what I was talking about when saying these girls know a month in advance because they agree to the terms and then end up going commando anyway.

It seems like this season is another flop. But seriously, 1.25 million people watched this shit? That amazes and saddens me.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, AnnaRuk09 said:
13 hours ago, nst said:

i wonder if they paid the lady to say what she to jinge about the modesty stuff? 

She totally said it on purpose, but probably not because they paid her.  She's a total Duggar wannabe and said it to show how accommodating she is.  She wants their fan base to call her for dresses obviously.  It was a stupid question because Jinger was covered from neck to toe.  

12 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

I also wonder how the heck someone who is an introvert in these huge families ever survives. I would be driven stark staring mad by never having the chance to be alone (other than in the bathroom or the prayer closet).

Me too.  I restore and refresh by being utterly alone and I need tons of alone time.  I've lived alone my whole adult life accept for three years after college, and I've always had my own room from age 13 on.  Even in college I always had a single room, sometimes as part of a suite, but never a shared sleeping space.  I would go absolutely mad having to always be around people like that.  Some of them probably are like that (introverts) and don't know why they're unhappy.  I suspect Alyssa Bates is a bit like that and getting married and moving away was a huge relief.  She said something about there being no privacy growing up.  And she almost never looks happy in the episodes when she has to come home -- seems to be reluctantly doing it for the show and perhaps what little they might pay her, but it always seems like going back home is a huge relief to her.

19 hours ago, eveandadam said:

It is so weird when the modesty standards of some Duggars and Bates become less modest than my personal modesty standards (I'm looking at Jinger and Alyssa, here).

I find it weird too.  While I love sleeveless tops and shorts with my knees showing, I find it strange that they think their often close hugging clothing is modest as long as their shoulders are covered!  When Jessa was pregnant she has such clingy tops -- I'd never do that if I was pregnant, because I figure no one really needs to see my belly button and extended tummy up close and personal like that.  But somehow if their shoulders are in cap sleeves they feel like they're being modest, whereas I feel like those clingy tops bring more attention to their bodies than my sleeveless tops and shorts!  As others have said, if you talk incessantly about being modest, you're not modest. 

I find it particularly funny when we get those shots of the Bates girls on the beach all excited to be there.  They are in denim skirts, full blouses, totally styled hair and flip flops and I'm thinking, what the heck is the point of being on the beach?  Why is this even remotely fun for you?  In those skirts you can't run in the sand, you can't go in the water, you must be roasting hot.  Why is this viewed as wonderful and a vacation?  And the fact that you're always posing with styled hair over one shoulder, one hand on your hip, you are clearly trying to get husbands.  I feel like this is the official "fundie-virgin-look-how-pretty-and-modest-I-am-and-I'm-now-18-and-available" pose.  It's like Lawson always posing with one of his sisters' babies so he can look so sensitive and caring and domestic for all the maidens out there.

42 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

It seems like this season is another flop. But seriously, 1.25 million people watched this shit? That amazes and saddens me.

This seems somewhat funny to me and I am not snarking in you, truly. Amazed that 1.25 M watch this but we are all pondering it. Obviously not 1.25M of us but still enough. I am a visual person and I will watch it even though people on here say to not watch it so the viewership numbers don't go up. Sorry, it is just the rebel in me.

3 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I'm fully aware that Jeremy's church and it's parent church run pregnancy centers. When I said Mr. V I was talking about Jeremy's dad so Jeremy's church has nothing to do with the fact that I smiled when Mr. V tossed a little shade at the Duggars. 

I think there is a weird paradox with the premise of the show. Supposedly it is a form of ministry, which is why they explain all their godly rules all the time. Like how the wedding dress must be modest. They hold themselves up as an example of a good Christian family.

But then, they protest they never claimed to be better than anyone whenever they are found to be less than perfect. They say they believe in humility and a 'servant's heart' etc. 

I know I'm not saying anything everyone here hasn't thought many times but it always strikes me again once they start preaching their rules. It's a big reason I find it hard to take a 'Live and let live' approach towards their way of life. Because they are expressly trying to change the way other people live.

8 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

I think there is a weird paradox with the premise of the show. Supposedly it is a form of ministry, which is why they explain all their godly rules all the time. Like how the wedding dress must be modest. They hold themselves up as an example of a good Christian family.

But then, they protest they never claimed to be better than anyone whenever they are found to be less than perfect. They say they believe in humility and a 'servant's heart' etc. 

I know I'm not saying anything everyone here hasn't thought many times but it always strikes me again once they start preaching their rules. It's a big reason I find it hard to take a 'Live and let live' approach towards their way of life. Because they are expressly trying to change the way other people live.

I never thought they would go to such extremes.  Pretend they were so pure yet so dysfunctional which comes out in spades endlessly in the new show.  At least whenever Jessa is around she seems to be more bossy or just feels because she is the married one she can spout.... and again that is the difference from last year when Jill was gone and to this week's episode Jill was her loud self... But what really stood out is how Michelle is so out of touch with her children /adults that she needed to be told by Jessa that one of her daughters called her out.  The dysfunction is shocking  yet amusing    

If I had to wear a frumper when I was young, I too would be pushing the modesty boundaries as much as I could. Let them discover themselves now that they don't have Gill/Kelly and JB/Michelle to answer to!

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Because there's probably nothing wrong with him. 

Yes there is!   :evil-laugh:  He is living under the Duggar spell and it's making him sick!

Just now, MoonFace said:

Yes there is!   :evil-laugh:  He is living under the Duggar spell and it's making him sick!

No, the koolaid is not making him sick, shhhh don't tell him that! Just keep drinking that koolaid Derick! :P 

So, riddle me this... The Duggars spew their "buy used and save the difference" lie, right?  How much did it cost to fly all those people to Virginia to get a "custom" wedding gown?  Forget the cost of the dress, what was the cost of GETTING the dress?  Lets ignore the cost of the wedding and the honeymoon entirely.  How can the fans miss this?  They probably spent more on just that episode than most people spend on their entire wedding.

@Buzzard Is there a chance that they drove?  They took the 11 seat van and then they were shown in a van in Virginia.  Could that have been their van that they took?  

If they did fly I'm sure TLC picked up the tab.

Just now, justmy2cents said:

@Buzzard Is there a chance that they drove?  They took the 11 seat van and then they were shown in a van in Virginia.  Could that have been their van that they took?  

I'm pretty sure there was a shot from the plane in the episode.

Just now, justmy2cents said:

Nope. They were shown in the airport. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived