IGNORED

The Invisible Jinger (and Her Preacher Man Jeremy)

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, Vex said:

The thing is, Jeremy can say whatever he likes about pants and wine being fine but he's only paying lip service because he did not want those things in a wife. There is zero chance they're going to practice any form of birth control because one of the main Gothard beliefs is that even natural family planning and abstinence is a massive sin. I see so many people suggest Jeremy might not be into a massive family because he only has three siblings. To that I say: no chance. So what if his parents only had three kids? Maybe they had fertility issues they haven't shared. Maybe their views on birth control were different back in their child rearing days. Michelle was a cheerleader as a kid, doesn't mean any of her daughters were. Jeremy chose a girl from a cult who says any form of birth control - even just abstaining - is a terrible sin. There is no way Jinger would have married him if they had a different view on this extremely crucial point of doctrine. Whether you like it or not, everything we've seen suggests Jinger is going the same way as Jessa and Jill, barring fertility issues.

Sure, she might have some more exposure to liberal viewpoints through Jeremy but that doesn't amount to a hill of beans unless she takes it on board herself, and there is nothing to suggest she might.

I'm getting married in March and I'm the first person my fiance has ever dated. I have plenty of experience, but I'm his first everything. It does make me a bit nervous, honestly, but we're such a great fit for each other that it's never been an issue.

If it helps, my husband was my first everything and we've been married over 10 years. Have known each other almost 14 years. :)

One of the only things that makes me go "hmmm" about the possibility of them not having 1000 kids...is Jinger's reaction during that after-show special when asked about it. More specifically, her reaction when Derick made a comment (can't remember now what he said.) She almost winced. And the way she and Jeremy looked at each other was interesting to me. Could be nothing, of course. But it did make me wonder.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I know everyone keeps hoping Jeremy will be her ticket to experience the real world and bloom as a human, but given her past that is doubtful. She may relax a little, but as far as changing very little will happen.

Think about all of the traveling the Duggars have done in their own country and elsewhere. These turds have more passports stamps than a normal person, yet it hasn't broadened any of their views. They are so caught up in their bubble and avoiding anything they don't agree with none of their travel experiences take, ie new people, culture, food, language, history, etc., It all falls flat on them. It is most noticeable on Jessa, just watch the way she was very defensive in her body language during her honeymoon.

Yes, somethings will change and she will experience new things, but I don't see her becoming a worldly woman. Jeremy didn't want a worldly woman. He sought out a meek, submissive, and in her own words, a follower to add to his bigger picture of preacher and perfect preachers wife.

Thank you! Thank you! This is what I've been thinking and just could not explain. The Duggars have been ALL over the world...and yet...I feel like it was just work to them. None of the kids seem to "welcome" the experience. But then again, we only saw what TLC wanted us to see. I'm on camp with believing Jeremy wanted a quiet submissive wife who would have no problem being just a wife. Nothing wrong with being a wife IF that's what you really want. Some wives want other things and do other things...and some husbands are cool with it. At the moment Jinger is the star. We only know him, because of her. And he better not forget that! 

13 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

If it helps, my husband was my first everything and we've been married over 10 years. Have known each other almost 14 years. :)

One of the only things that makes me go "hmmm" about the possibility of them not having 1000 kids...is Jinger's reaction during that after-show special when asked about it. More specifically, her reaction when Derick made a comment (can't remember now what he said.) She almost winced. And the way she and Jeremy looked at each other was interesting to me. Could be nothing, of course. But it did make me wonder.

@ClaraOswin, I gratefully depend upon others to watch the retchfest that is DuggarTV, so I'm in the dark about the above. What was the gist of Derick's comment and how did you interpret the look she and Jeremy exchanged, please?  Many thanks -- no, undying gratitude to you for watching and then recalling! *wussyMJB*

10 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Yup, that wince made me wonder too.   She gave a good impression of someone NOT wanting a honeymoon baby, imo, which seems a weird thing to keep in a show that's their "ministry".  It certainly made her more relateable, though. 

13 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I know everyone keeps hoping Jeremy will be her ticket to experience the real world and bloom as a human, but given her past that is doubtful. She may relax a little, but as far as changing very little will happen.

Think about all of the traveling the Duggars have done in their own country and elsewhere. These turds have more passports stamps than a normal person, yet it hasn't broadened any of their views. They are so caught up in their bubble and avoiding anything they don't agree with none of their travel experiences take, ie new people, culture, food, language, history, etc., It all falls flat on them. It is most noticeable on Jessa, just watch the way she was very defensive in her body language during her honeymoon.

Yes, somethings will change and she will experience new things, but I don't see her becoming a worldly woman. Jeremy didn't want a worldly woman. He sought out a meek, submissive, and in her own words, a follower to add to his bigger picture of preacher and perfect preachers wife.

We all thought Derick was going to be Jill's ticket out. Nope.

We all thought Ben, with his Pretty Fly For A White Guy schtick, would at least kind of broaden Jessa's horizons, or at least embarrass her into becoming a more take-charge woman. Nope.

Jeremy seems like he actually wants to encourage Jinger's artsiness and love of fashion and he seems like he's good at romancing her in a more personal way that takes her interests and personality into account -- contrast to Ben wooing Jessa with "these are things girls like and you are a girl so you like them" gestures -- but I don't have high hopes. I get a bit of a Prince Hans vibe from him.

20 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think they only consider the pill akin to murder since it can stop a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus. NFP and condoms go against God's Gothard's wishes of having children until someone dies or goes through menopause. Gotherd's views are to take over the world by breeding as many kids as possible. You keep those kids stupid, sheltered and scared of the real world, so they to will have dozens of kids and those kids and those kids. He preaches nothing about loving supporting or being able to feed, clothes, and house those kids, just have them, oh and the parents must also stay stupid, sheltered and scared of the real world no working for other people no friends out side of your cult. 

I'm kind of curious what Gothard's views on infertile women and on women like Michelle who are all dusty and dried up in the womb area? 

So what if the kids only get rice to eat and have to hide out in the bathroom in order to fill their stomaches. So effing stupid. It's a brainwashed cult. 

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

@ClaraOswin, I gratefully depend upon others to watch the retchfest that is DuggarTV, so I'm in the dark about the above. What was the gist of Derick's comment and how did you interpret the look she and Jeremy exchanged, please?  Many thanks -- no, undying gratitude to you for watching and then recalling! *wussyMJB*

Derick asked if Jin and Jer were going to have babies right away, or said something like they would be pregnant by Christmas or some thing like that indicating immediate childbearing. Jinger looked askance. Jeremy said God would take care of it. What was he going to say, ha ha. I hope he believes in BC. That would be a relief. I guess the world will know soon enough, ha ha. 

4 hours ago, elliha said:

This isn't really the way it works in reality though. Jeremy might not be into Gothard at all. It is not all or nothing, Gothard is part of the greater umbrella of very conservative to fundamentalist Christians but not the only version. They vary in how they view each other but many who are fundamentalist are not into Gothard but do not view those who are as bad Christians. He might not care if Jinger wears pants and she may or may not choose to do so and this wasn't anything he really cared about when he picked her, he likely did care that they were both conservative Christians and shared some important points like being anti abortion and partly counter-cultural but her being raised in a more Gothard oriented household might have had nothing to do with him picking her. It might even been a "fault" he overlooked. I don't get that he is a fan of her upbringing really and while he might choose differently from his parents he is on good terms with them and they are likely to be a bigger influence than JB.

Exactly, he's a pastor trying to grow a church & needed a wife quickly he needed a good Godly wife, she fit that bill, and as well known as she is, no on will question her faith. It seems fairly obvious to most of us that he really likes her and she him. Plus We don't know how Jeremy and Jinger really hooked up, only what we've been told on a "reality" tv show. They met on a mission trip we were told, were Boob & DQ on that trip? Did they get to talk alone before Jeremy was on radar as a suitor? There was a good deal of time where ma & pa were very distracted with Smugger, Jilly Muffin and Blessa. Jinger could have been talking to him with out their knowing. She knew the only way he would pass the test was if played the game right.  He maybe a conservative preacher, and I would expect nothing less from anyone in this family but, is he neck deep in the fundy cult? That remains to be seen. 

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Thank you! Thank you! This is what I've been thinking and just could not explain. The Duggars have been ALL over the world...and yet...I feel like it was just work to them. None of the kids seem to "welcome" the experience. But then again, we only saw what TLC wanted us to see. I'm on camp with believing Jeremy wanted a quiet submissive wife who would have no problem being just a wife. Nothing wrong with being a wife IF that's what you really want. Some wives want other things and do other things...and some husbands are cool with it. At the moment Jinger is the star. We only know him, because of her. And he better not forget that! 

They never welcomed foreign travel, new experiences or the ability to learn anything new because they are convinced that they alone possess all the right knowledge, solutions and experiences. Delusional thy name name is Duggar/Seewald/Dillard/Vuolo

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Derick asked if Jin and Jer were going to have babies right away, or said something like they would be pregnant by Christmas or some thing like that indicating immediate childbearing. Jinger looked askance. Jeremy said God would take care of it. What was he going to say, ha ha. I hope he believes in BC. That would be a relief. I guess the world will know soon enough, ha ha. 

Pretty much the above. The producer Scott was the one who asked when they would start a family or whatever. Jinger and Jeremy looked at each other like they weren't sure how to answer. I think they gave a canned response about letting God decide. Then Derick, I think trying to be witty, made a comment about how he predicted by Christmas. Jinger winced. Almost like she was annoyed with her BIL talking about her sex life/fertility/whatever. I wonder if the clip in online somewhere. Someone more savvy than me might be able to track it down.

I don't think this is black and white.  In otherwords,  I think Jeremy came to the family with an agenda, but that doesn't rule out that he didn't truly fall for Jinger.  And I think Jeremy may indeed be a very conservative Christian, but that doesn't mean he is a Gothardist.   

He may say he is open to having as many children as God supplies, but that doesn't mean that he also is resistant to NFP or other non-hormonally based BC.  He may well be smart enough to reconcile "God's will" as something more abstract, than literal in every situation.  He may see having the free will to plan, through natural methods the size of your family as something that is fitting with "God's Will".   

Do we have any recordings/videos from Jeremy's Dad's sermons, or Jeremy's sermons where he talks about a godly imperative to have a large family? 

He may have been attracted to Jinger's naivete and meekness, but he may also enjoy seeing her try new things, and grow and mature.  I know many men who thought they wanted a simple, uneducated woman, who ended up being bored by that and found intelligent, complex women more exciting.   

And, while we haven't seen Jinger flat out be rebellious to her parents,  her courting behavior was pretty darned close to rebellious in their world.  We know that JB and M have always set those rules, despite what the couples have said, and it was pretty clear that Jeremy and Jinger were not down for handsex only and side hugs.  And I think we can see that Jinger's wedding was, if not a rebellion, than certainly a break from the usual duggar weddings.  Now,  whether that bothered JB or not, who knows, but she clearly looked at her sisters terrible weddings and said "nope, not doing that".    I think at this stage in Jinger's life,  she will follow Jeremy completely.  If he makes lifestyle and cultural choices different from her parents, Jinger will go along.  I think she is open minded about new experiences.  I have no problem seeing Jeremy encouraging her to try some champagne at a friend's wedding, or wearing a normal (one piece) swimming suit at the beach and I think Jinger would do it. 

I hope eventually Jinger will find her own voice and that Jeremy will be secure enough to let her grow, but until then I think Jinger will follow Jeremy.  I don't think she will be the least bit worried about doing things differently from her parents if Jeremy pushes for it. 

So I think if Jeremy says,  Let's wait 2 years to have a baby, I think Jinger would say "ok".  If Jeremy said,  I like to have a beer once in a while when hangin' with my bros,  Jinger would be ok with that.  If Jeremy listens to secular Music, I think Jinger would listen as well. 

I think Jeremy is conservative, I don't know if he is fundie,  I think he is ambitious and I think he is smart enough to realize that if he wants to have a big megachurch someday,  He probably needs to have a slightly more mainstream image for his wife.  The 'freak' factor of her being a duggar will get some attention initially, but will die down eventually.  But the interest of her being a Duggar who followed a slightly different path will get both of them more longevity out of that connection.  Their story will be ever so much more interesting if we see an evolution of Jinger from quiet oppressed woman raised with virtually no education or options, to a woman who has retained a strong faith and relationship with Jesus, but has realized this can include a broader world view, and conscientious application of the free will that God blessed her with.   

This is the story that Jeremy should be working towards.  He will be seen as the tall handsome, secure and loving husband who opened the world for his wife.  He will be a hero and Jinger will be a delightful woman who can experience life and love. 

overall Jeremy is the one to watch for the next few months.  Derick is lost for the next 11 months or so. What with Jill pregnant and probably can't leave until December of next year... how will he react outside and inside

Ben has no hope. He will be speaking at some conference - going towards the light - what's next his own show....who will watch that. 

As for Jessa pushing Jeremy towards her sister - i wonder if she realizes now that her best friend would actually fly the coup and now she has to deal with it. 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

overall Jeremy is the one to watch for the next few months.  Derick is lost for the next 11 months or so. What with Jill pregnant and probably can't leave until December of next year... how will he react outside and inside

Ben has no hope. He will be speaking at some conference - going towards the light - what's next his own show....who will watch that. 

As for Jessa pushing Jeremy towards her sister - i wonder if she realizes now that her best friend would actually fly the coup and now she has to deal with it. 

Maybe she thought on some level that Jeremy would move to Arkansas once they are married and did not realize that Jinger would be completely willing to move so soon. Jinger would be the first Duggar girl to leave home. Jill and Jessa stayed around for a bit.

9 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I think at this stage in Jinger's life,  she will follow Jeremy completely.  If he makes lifestyle and cultural choices different from her parents, Jinger will go along.  I think she is open minded about new experiences.  I have no problem seeing Jeremy encouraging her to try some champagne at a friend's wedding, or wearing a normal (one piece) swimming suit at the beach and I think Jinger would do it. 

I hope eventually Jinger will find her own voice and that Jeremy will be secure enough to let her grow, but until then I think Jinger will follow Jeremy.  I don't think she will be the least bit worried about doing things differently from her parents if Jeremy pushes for it. 

So I think if Jeremy says,  Let's wait 2 years to have a baby, I think Jinger would say "ok".  If Jeremy said,  I like to have a beer once in a while when hangin' with my bros,  Jinger would be ok with that.  If Jeremy listens to secular Music, I think Jinger would listen as well. 

This is the story that Jeremy should be working towards.  He will be seen as the tall handsome, secure and loving husband who opened the world for his wife.  He will be a hero and Jinger will be a delightful woman who can experience life and love. 

But, if she's wearing a one piece bathing suit or waiting to have kids because Jeremy told her to, is Jinger really "liberated"? To me freedom and self-ownership isn't about what a woman wears or how many kids she has, but whether she is doing what she truly wants or not. 

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion on this thread, but if a woman couldn't figure out who she was until her husband taught her, I'm not sure if she ever did the difficult work of learning who she is independent of others.

1 minute ago, sunshine said:

Maybe she thought on some level that Jeremy would move to Arkansas once they are married and did not realize that Jinger would be completely willing to move so soon. Jinger would be the first Duggar girl to leave home. Jill and Jessa stayed around for a bit.

and that Jeremy would just fold up his life that he created and become the interchangeable husband 

nope he left and took her with him 

29 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

But, if she's wearing a one piece bathing suit or waiting to have kids because Jeremy told her to, is Jinger really "liberated"? To me freedom and self-ownership isn't about what a woman wears or how many kids she has, but whether she is doing what she truly wants or not. 

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion on this thread, but if a woman couldn't figure out who she was until her husband taught her, I'm not sure if she ever did the difficult work of learning who she is independent of others.

I think you may have missed my point.  Jinger is not really equipped yet for self ownership, fully.  But I think if she gets the support and the mentoring from Jeremy she might be able to mature to that point.  Some learn quickly.  Look at Faith Pennington.  She was raised in very oppressed fundie ways, but she escaped and seems to have come into her own very quickly.  Others may take a longer time to get there, if ever. 

I don't think, at this point in time, Jinger is empowered enough to just transform herself.  I think she is going to need some exposure to other things,  and a 'headship' that isn't threatened by changes in his wife.  If Jeremy is a decent man, he will welcome Jinger becoming self actualized.  If he isn't, and he keeps her under his thumb, then I think Jinger will remain pretty subservient for a long time.  I think Jinger needs to see Jeremy push what she considers to be boundaries of a 'godly' life and reconcile that he is still a good, faithful believer before she will start to feel safe exploring her own boundaries. 

I am not 100% optimistic any of this will happen.  Jeremy sought out the Duggars as many of us have pointed out.  He could very well be perfectly aligned with all of Gothard's teachings,  he may want to be her headmaster forever, keeping her preggo and submissive the rest of her life.  I hope that isn't the case, but who knows. 

33 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Jinger has no template to draw on though as to doing what she really wants even means.  She's been raised to believe her worth as a female is as a helpmeet to men, and to birth as many children as possible.  She needs exposure to different environments, people and experiences to start exploring and understanding what she does or does not want to wear, think or do.

I watched the Leah Remini/Scientology series on A&E, as well as the Return of the Daughters video someone posted here yesterday, and it really brings home how brainwashed these kids are.  

Of course Derick would be so open about the body of his sister-in-law on TV. Boundaries, Derick, do you have them?

These kids have been lucky enough to travel, but they didn't experience much. They saw exactly what their parents let them see under their umbrella of protection. I feel like an excultmember wrote about this in a book, but I can't  pinpoint it, total memory blank. (Zichterman? Or maybe one of those Mormon cults?) The writer wrote about how it's an illusion of experiences, and choices, and I agree.

4 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Thank you, @2manyKidzzz

Indeed, I would've had a shoe through the flatscreen if I'd seen that!

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:49 PM, grandmadugger said:
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:42 PM, Kira said:
2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Pretty much the above. The producer Scott was the one who asked when they would start a family or whatever. Jinger and Jeremy looked at each other like they weren't sure how to answer. I think they gave a canned response about letting God decide. Then Derick, I think trying to be witty, made a comment about how he predicted by Christmas. Jinger winced. Almost like she was annoyed with her BIL talking about her sex life/fertility/whatever. I wonder if the clip in online somewhere. Someone more savvy than me might be able to track it down.

I think we've seen three or so times when Jeremy felt at odds with the prevailing conversation and you could watch the wheels turning as he figured out what he could possibly say, or kind of countered it with his own take that went a little against the grain.  I'm one of the ones with hope for this guy.  I'd love to see the clip too.  I can only find two clips from an after show with Jeremy, not the whole thing, and I can't find it for purchase (I know, I know, who would pay to watch it?  Me.)  If any one has got it please post -- sounds like it's worth a re-look.

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

I don't think this is black and white.  In otherwords,  I think Jeremy came to the family with an agenda, but that doesn't rule out that he didn't truly fall for Jinger.  And I think Jeremy may indeed be a very conservative Christian, but that doesn't mean he is a Gothardist.   

He may say he is open to having as many children as God supplies, but that doesn't mean that he also is resistant to NFP or other non-hormonally based BC.  He may well be smart enough to reconcile "God's will" as something more abstract, than literal in every situation.  He may see having the free will to plan, through natural methods the size of your family as something that is fitting with "God's Will".   

Do we have any recordings/videos from Jeremy's Dad's sermons, or Jeremy's sermons where he talks about a godly imperative to have a large family? 

He may have been attracted to Jinger's naivete and meekness, but he may also enjoy seeing her try new things, and grow and mature.  I know many men who thought they wanted a simple, uneducated woman, who ended up being bored by that and found intelligent, complex women more exciting.   

And, while we haven't seen Jinger flat out be rebellious to her parents,  her courting behavior was pretty darned close to rebellious in their world.  We know that JB and M have always set those rules, despite what the couples have said, and it was pretty clear that Jeremy and Jinger were not down for handsex only and side hugs.  And I think we can see that Jinger's wedding was, if not a rebellion, than certainly a break from the usual duggar weddings.  Now,  whether that bothered JB or not, who knows, but she clearly looked at her sisters terrible weddings and said "nope, not doing that".    I think at this stage in Jinger's life,  she will follow Jeremy completely.  If he makes lifestyle and cultural choices different from her parents, Jinger will go along.  I think she is open minded about new experiences.  I have no problem seeing Jeremy encouraging her to try some champagne at a friend's wedding, or wearing a normal (one piece) swimming suit at the beach and I think Jinger would do it. 

I think Jeremy is conservative, I don't know if he is fundie,  I think he is ambitious and I think he is smart enough to realize that if he wants to have a big megachurch someday,  He probably needs to have a slightly more mainstream image for his wife.  The 'freak' factor of her being a duggar will get some attention initially, but will die down eventually.  But the interest of her being a Duggar who followed a slightly different path will get both of them more longevity out of that connection.  Their story will be ever so much more interesting if we see an evolution of Jinger from quiet oppressed woman raised with virtually no education or options, to a woman who has retained a strong faith and relationship with Jesus, but has realized this can include a broader world view, and conscientious application of the free will that God blessed her with.   

Perfectly phrased.  I'm with you on this one.

39 minutes ago, season of life said:

Of course Derick would be so open about the body of his sister-in-law on TV. Boundaries, Derick, do you have them?

I think I'm missing something, is there a new episode tonight?

As much as we all hope that Jinger gets away from the cult (or at least becomes fundie lite) and that Jeremy will ~rescue her from them and be her ticket out, I kinda doubt it. He bought into the koolaid and abandoned a secular aka sinful life for Gothardism to become a prescher. Honestly, he possibly may feel guilt (don't know the right word) about his previous life choices and go even "fundier" into their beliefs because of that. I'd love for Jinger to get further away from the cult but realistically, I don't see that happening.

2 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

I think I'm missing something, is there a new episode tonight?

I think they're referring to that q&a episode! 

16 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

I think we've seen three or so times when Jeremy felt at odds with the prevailing conversation and you could watch the wheels turning as he figured out what he could possibly say, or kind of countered it with his own take that went a little against the grain.  I'm one of the ones with hope for this guy.  I'd love to see the clip too.  I can only find two clips from an after show with Jeremy, not the whole thing, and I can't find it for purchase (I know, I know, who would pay to watch it?  Me.)  If any one has got it please post -- sounds like it's worth a re-look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_7y35sUtZg

Bad quality but it's after 37:00.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived