IGNORED

The Invisible Jinger (and Her Preacher Man Jeremy)

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

Watching Jinger in that video kind of reminds me of when I was 14. The cringeworthy blunder years, where you said and did inappropriate things with your "first love." Thank any god you want (Christian Jesus God, God, Allah, Zeus, Loki, whatever) that I didn't have to marry that guy, nor was very much of it on film. And the stuff that was captured on film was either local cable tv channel or SUPER 8 HOME VIDEO! So NO ONE WILL EVER SEE IT! 

I have to keep reminding myself that these girls are in their 20s and not 14-16 year olds with their first brush at a relationship.  If they were teenagers, in a normal life, we would see the first crush, dating, the first real loves and all the baby talk awkward moments.  With these girls they get non of that. They get courting. I am not sure hw many guys the four of them talked with before deciding on that special one, but I am going to say none. They are primed to get married and once they find that person it is almost as if they go 0-lovey dovey.  It's like they've won a prize. All while their dufus parents , who got a regular teenage life, stands around and applauds this and the marriage.

I do often wonder how these relationships will last in the years to come. They are so young. Look at Jill and Derek. She was clingy supreme with Derek in the beginning. He seemed nice, but look at him now, he is a douche and Jill takes it because it's her place too. Sheesh Even Bin makes food once and awhile for Jessa. I just wonder what we will see in 5 years.  I really loath J'chelle & Boob.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember, Jill said she was in love with someone she hadn't met? Then she and JB zoomed off to Nepal and Derick asked permission to court. Seriously, who does that? 

3 hours ago, awkwardblackchick said:

Vuolo Family singing christmas carols

awww look at jinge having fun in church! that's a pretty secular song for her, too...

@SweetFellowshipper Thanks for the info! I remember the FLAME posts and charity posts but completely missed the CK and BLM posts. Wow, Benye is  more openminded that I thought. (still a fundie fuckboy tho) 

Also I think bae is an acronym for 'before anyone else'...sounds a lot like a shortening of babe though. 

53 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

@SweetFellowshipper Thanks for the info! I remember the FLAME posts and charity posts but completely missed the CK and BLM posts. Wow, Benye is  more openminded that I thought. (still a fundie fuckboy tho) 

Also I think bae is an acronym for 'before anyone else'...sounds a lot like a shortening of babe though. 

I found it all pretty shocking, myself. Ben actually seems to help Jessa cook and such and has something resembling a bit of empathy. To think I thought Derick would be the better husband and Bin was a dud! He still is a dud but Derick is a dud supreme. 

17 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

On his social media posts, he posted links to 1) info about a police shooting of a black man and its injustice, 2) a post he wrote about how out of touch and lacking in empathy whites are towards black and Hispanic Christians and the discrimination they face, and 3) a link that had a somewhat left of center view of the CK protest, a statement that there does appear to be a racism problem in the police force and a list of black men who had recently been killed by police. He also said that voting for Trump wouldn't make America great again and his post for Obama was in *response* to his followers insulting him, very different from the vague "prayer" posts of other fundies. In addition to the interviews (there were at least 2 or 3), obviously. 

Is he likely still racist in some ways? Yes. But he was absolutely blasted and called racist by his fans for his statements. I think that's proof enough that he's doing something pretty damn controversial. Does he have the same political views as me? No. But he's a 20 year old brainwashed fundie kid who's actually taking the time to examine and address some aspects of racism and takes a TON of flack for appearing "liberal." Asking him to understand and unpack structural racism and the microaggressions in which he engages or openly and eloquently write about Black Lives Matter is a bit much IMO-- he grew up in a cult and is young, sheltered, and not terribly bright. What he's said is very radical for his circle, though. If we can get excited about Alyssa's much less controversial *pants* I think we can get excited about this.

Hell, when I was in undergrad and taking women's studies classes I'm sure I bought into all kinds of subtle sexism that I'd know how to point out and unpack now. But if someone had required that of me immediately upon exploring those issues at age 18-19, I wouldn't have been capable and probably would have said and thought some ignorant things. And I wasn't in a cult and went to a Seven Sisters college, so I didn't have Bin's crap working against me. I laid the intellectual groundwork then, though. 

Probably should be on the seewald thread but 100% agree. Ben is an immature, sheltered, uneducated fundie kid, but that's not his fault and this IS progress for him. The mere fact that he's commenting on stuff like Trump and BLM shows he's at LEAST trying to critically think about these issues. These people aren't going to wake up one day saying "I think I'm going to become a radical, post-modern, pro-choice, pro LGBTQ, intersectional feminstist today". Changes in belief take baby steps and will take a lot of time if they happen at all. Ben is meeting people from different walks of life (like Flame) and are taking those different perspectives to heart. 

A trait of a mature mind is realizing you don't have all the answers; the knowledge and wisdom to seek out those who know more, and to humble yourself to learn from them ... something none of the Duggars have ever been able to do.

35 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I found it all pretty shocking, myself. Ben actually seems to help Jessa cook and such and has something resembling a bit of empathy. To think I thought Derick would be the better husband and Bin was a dud! He still is a dud but Derick is a dud supreme. 

Derick is a douche supreme. 

@immodest_countenance, hell, even some of the white "liberals" I know have some dumbass apologist things to say about police brutality and racism in the criminal "justice" system, and some demeaning ignorant things to say about Kaepernick and BLM. For a Duggar hubby to be talking about those things somewhat positively is...Whoa.

4 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

Omg yes. I'm not necessarily against marrying the first person you're with as everyone is different and some people do meet their soulmate young, but all I think of when I see these kids is what I was like with my "boyfriends" at 14, 16, even 18. I would hardly call those "relationships." I can't imagine if we had tried to get married or have babies. It was basically play acting.

Some people do get it right the very first time or they find someone who is perfect for them very young. The issue with the Duggars is that once a courtship stops, you're stuck. They very rarely end. And you don't get enough time together to truly get a feel for the real person. 

@SweetFellowshipper

It's because, even in the age of information overload, people get their news from echo chambers. I know many young, liberal, college educated individuals who detest BLM. I'd hate to admit that sometimes I fall into that category after reading something particularly enraging -- sensationalist, falsey news is very good at what is does and 2016 has been the embodiment of post-truth politics. Ben's whole life has been one big echo chamber, and the fact that Ben was able to see past even an inch of some of the bullshit, says something about him. 

22 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Some people do get it right the very first time or they find someone who is perfect for them very young. The issue with the Duggars is that once a courtship stops, you're stuck. They very rarely end. And you don't get enough time together to truly get a feel for the real person. 

@immodest_countenancesorry, don't know why it won't let me untag you from this post. 

@Carm_88, I'll be the first to admit that I personally only know a few people who made it work after a young marriage, but I live in a hyper-academic bubble where it's highly uncommon to marry or have a child before mid-30s (I'm in my mid 20s and that was considered very young. I was actually right at the national average). But I know it does happen. I just assume that the ones who make it work 1) matured together during their marriage, 2) had total freedom in their choice, and 3) either took a break where they were single or felt free to do so if they had wanted. They weren't hindered in terms of their agency in any way. I don't see any possibility of maturation for the young Duggar marrieds because they don't have particularly high IQs or good critical thinking skills, nor do they have any sort of worldly know how, and they were unceremoniously shoved into marriage and parenthood mere weeks or months after their first sexual/romantic feelings were allowed to be mildly expressed in public. Even kids who marry their first serious boyfriends or girlfriends have likely gone on dates with others, kissed or had sex with others or at least felt free to flirt, chat or express some basic level of interest in boys/girls/sex in general or mild schoolboy/girl crushes. This is literally the first time these kids have been allowed to talk to the opposite sex or say someone's attractive and it's already couched in the idea of marriage and parenthood. Terrifying. This is so beyond any sort of thing I can imagine. The young people I knew who got married at 19 and made it might not have had extensive experience, but they had crushes for years, went to school and had parties and dances with the opposite sex, attended college and at least knew that any attraction or interaction didn't equal "necessary lifelong commitment" (and once married were free to choose when or if they procreated). Do the Duggars? I don't know. I seriously think they're basically taught that checking somebody out or the mildest fluttery feeling is proof that God wants you to marry the person. 

14 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

I think Jinger has started wearing sleeveless shirts

15727357_448856661904943_9097021359048304147_n.png

good for her :D lots of eyeliner going on again...where was this?  looks like they are at the racetrack...

Just now, goldengrove said:

good for her :D lots of eyeliner going on again...where was this?  looks like they are at the racetrack...

I wonder if it is from the honeymoon?  Didn't they go to the opera house? 

2 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

could be, I did read that...if not, maybe it was taken in philly (on closer look, that does look like a rather churchy crowd)

4 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Jeremy was talking about the two of them enjoying Jinger's birthday gift when he posted it on FB, so I don't think it's from the Sydney Opera House.

4 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Jeremy was talking about the two of them enjoying Jinger's birthday gift when he posted it on FB, so I don't think it's from the Sydney Opera House.

I was basing it on the opera glasses. Maybe he took her to a show when they went to Philly. 

16 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I was basing it on the opera glasses. Maybe he took her to a show when they went to Philly. 

I wonder what they saw. Maybe an orchestra? Many operas, despite being old, could deal with *inappropriate* things

That looks like the academy of music? or maybe the kimmel center? i know the academy is playing the nutcracker right now. maybe the vuolos took her to see the ballet.

I definitely recognize the red seats though. I have seen many shows at the academy in my life.

stages-aom-1.jpg

On 12/26/2016 at 1:48 PM, candygirl200413 said:

Slightly off-ish topic, but Jessa's video on instagram said that Jing and Jeremy are still on their honeymoon but they looked like they had a possibly Christmas celebration?

I think she meant that figuratively, not literally. Jeremy has several sermons posted on YouTube dating back to Thanksgiving weekend. 

6 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

-snip- Omg yes. I'm not necessarily against marrying the first person you're with as everyone is different and some people do meet their soulmate young, but all I think of when I see these kids is what I was like with my "boyfriends" at 14, 16, even 18. I would hardly call those "relationships." I can't imagine if we had tried to get married or have babies. It was basically play acting.

Oh my lord, this is so true. I'm still with my first boyfriend (Can't be giving away pieces of my heart now, can I? :pb_rollseyes:) but we have changed SO MUCH over the course of our many-year relationship. Luckily, we were still compatible when we changed from the teens we were into the adults we are (even more so, in fact), but whaddya know, we got to KNOW each other over a period of many years, and are only now talking about marriage... god, we were so awkward at first. I cringe when I remember us during the first year :pb_redface:

On 12/21/2016 at 1:24 PM, socalrules said:

I don't get the idea of doing videos to wish someone happy birthday or congratulations on a pregnancy. It isn't really about the person you are talking about, it's about how it makes you look to others by making the video. I just don't find any of it cute or sweet. It's like only being able to show affection in public but not in private. The videos are very self-serving. They don't prove anything. 

Well, I see it in a similar vein as the Facebook/Instagram shout-out compilation/sappy messages I see every so often. Yes, there's a very strong "OMG LOOK AT ME AND MY BFF" vibe to it, but it's nice to have a little shout out every now and then for the recipient. While the Duggar style is "fill-in-the-blank" child and God/Jesus/blessing, this seems more personalized and is probably still some of the first "just me" attention Jinger is receiving. I'm a little less annoyed with this one

On 12/27/2016 at 4:53 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Was that the NotJoshDuggar one? The same one that started TFDW? I miss that guy. 

It was FakeJoshDuggar, and it got shut down by leghumpers right quick. 

There was that other Duggar snark page, the name of which I can't remember, that lasted a little while longer, but was also eventually shut down. Neither page broke any rules. Leghumpers also got me #BlessaBlocked. I NEVER posted on any of Jessa's social media, but I *did* post on the second snakr page one day. As near as I can tell, anyone who replied to a post on this one day was reported to Jessa with a tag, and Jessa blocked about 30 people that I know of. IIRC, that was also the day that the page was shut down; if not that day, very soon after. 

On 12/27/2016 at 9:32 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't think he is? I remember he started a wordpress blog after IG kicked him off but he never updated it. 

FJD used to be a FJ member but has since moved on to other snarking ventures. 

1 hour ago, goldengrove said:

That's not a race-track, it's a concert house. Possibly Sydney Opera House, on their honeymoon.

51 minutes ago, mtc3659 said:

That looks like the academy of music? or maybe the kimmel center? i know the academy is playing the nutcracker right now. maybe the vuolos took her to see the ballet.

I definitely recognize the red seats though. I have seen many shows at the academy in my life.

stages-aom-1.jpg

Can you imagine? She's FINALLY getting to live a real life. Wearing what she wants, going to shows, probably watching TV and listening to music, maybe reading a secular book? I really REALLY hope they wait to have kids, even a year let them enjoy their 1st year of marriage without planning for a baby. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived