IGNORED

The Invisible Jinger (and Her Preacher Man Jeremy)

choralcrusader8613

I wonder if Jinger's lack of social media is Jeremy's way of keeping the focus on him.  They post enough Jinger/Duggar related stuff to draw people to their website but it's a great way for him to get his message out and exposure for his sermons as a pastor.  This way Jeremy can control the message.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, HeadshipRegent said:

As much as we all hope that Jinger gets away from the cult (or at least becomes fundie lite) and that Jeremy will ~rescue her from them and be her ticket out, I kinda doubt it. He bought into the koolaid and abandoned a secular aka sinful life for Gothardism to become a prescher. Honestly, he possibly may feel guilt (don't know the right word) about his previous life choices and go even "fundier" into their beliefs because of that. I'd love for Jinger to get further away from the cult but realistically, I don't see that happening.

I think they're referring to that q&a episode! 

Whoops, haven't seen that one. Thanks :)

6 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Derick asked if Jin and Jer were going to have babies right away, or said something like they would be pregnant by Christmas or some thing like that indicating immediate childbearing. Jinger looked askance. Jeremy said God would take care of it. What was he going to say, ha ha. I hope he believes in BC. That would be a relief. I guess the world will know soon enough, ha ha. 

How did he say it, was he like, haha joke is on you? I wonder how he feels that Jill got pregnant basically on their wedding night. Proud or a bit upset that they had no time to talk 1:1 before they could discuss what they really wanted?

I find it interesting they will be the only Duggar / Bates kid so far to have their second kid AFTER the first turns two ... so wonder what went differently that time, if it was some flicker of intelligence / pseudo NFP post zika exposure or dumb luck.

On 12/23/2016 at 11:06 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Depends for me. The longer my hair is and the higher the humidity the more this happens to me.  My diffuser broke so I air dry my hair now and if I don't get my mouse/frizzes/leave in conditioner combo just right my hair can look crunchy.  I need a hair cut  and a new hair dryer but haven't had time for the cut and the dryer I want is really expensive so I'm waiting until after the holidays to buy it.  Jinger is youg and doesn't know better yet, she'll get the hang of her hair pretty quick. 

I agree.  Additionally, when I travel it always takes me a few days to determine how much product to use... Or even what product as different seasons call for different things for me.   

In regards to curliness changing... Yep!  My sister and I have both gone through many stages of curliness many times in 40 + years.

9 minutes ago, jqlgoblue said:

How did he say it, was he like, haha joke is on you? I wonder how he feels that Jill got pregnant basically on their wedding night. Proud or a bit upset that they had no time to talk 1:1 before they could discuss what they really wanted?

I find it interesting they will be the only Duggar / Bates kid so far to have their second kid AFTER the first turns two ... so wonder what went differently that time, if it was some flicker of intelligence / pseudo NFP post zika exposure or dumb luck.

I thought he sounded very smarmy.....a know it all. It was actually gross to my mind. But I don't believe in having 2manyKidzzz. Ha. 

On 12/30/2016 at 1:23 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I believe she meant that the miscarriage was more like a punishment or something (not sure if that's the right word to use) for previously going against God's plan by using birth control. Not that the pill actually physically caused the miscarriage. But I could be wrong.

If that was her punishment for going against God's will, what was Josh's?

13 hours ago, elliha said:

If I look at the good of the family as a whole I really don't want the older Bates and Duggar kids to stray too much. I want them to be able make some changes adjustments in their life but not so many that their parents decide to cut them off. If they do things differently than their parents but are still welcome home they could be an important inspiration to the younger ones. Say every sibling change two things compared to their parents and they happen to be different things. If the 5 oldest do this then there will be 10 changes already acceptable within the family available when sibling 6 marries. He/she could then choose all of them and then add 2-3 of their own and the parents would have much more trouble saying that now they moved too far if they accepted the changes in the other siblings before them. That is kind of what I hope for, a spectrum within the family that does not demand that they make a full break with the family because having to break with your family is often awful even if they have horrible views, people tend to still want to keep a bond.

Yeah, but like Chutes and Ladders they can just spontaneously slide way back down into fundie-dom.  Remember, JB and M weren't fundie in the first place, they got into it after being kind of normal, so now even though their kids are inching their way out of it doesn't mean there won't be backsliding.

4 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Pretty much the above. The producer Scott was the one who asked when they would start a family or whatever. Jinger and Jeremy looked at each other like they weren't sure how to answer. I think they gave a canned response about letting God decide. Then Derick, I think trying to be witty, made a comment about how he predicted by Christmas. Jinger winced. Almost like she was annoyed with her BIL talking about her sex life/fertility/whatever. I wonder if the clip in online somewhere. Someone more savvy than me might be able to track it down.

To me, their response (especially Jinger's) was that of people who have been asked a question they really don't want to answer truthfully, but they can't or won't lie. 

If their open flouting of touch-related courtship rules is indicative of anything, they likely had all kinds of "inappropriate" conversations with one another as well. And, honestly, I don't think Jinger would be that hard of a sell on "Hey, maybe let's not have 7341834 children." She, Joseph, and Josiah (and possibly Joy as well) really got the short end of the stick, parenting-wise, being too young to have gotten much individual attention from their parents and too old to have gotten sister-moms. She's also old enough to remember the poverty years pretty clearly. So I could see her going either way. Yeah, the indoctrination is strong, but so is the force of all the bullshit she's experienced as a result of it.

3 hours ago, calimojo said:

I am not 100% optimistic any of this will happen.  Jeremy sought out the Duggars as many of us have pointed out.  He could very well be perfectly aligned with all of Gothard's teachings,  he may want to be her headmaster forever, keeping her preggo and submissive the rest of her life.  I hope that isn't the case, but who knows. 

I still haven't been able to come up with a not-squicky reason for Jeremy seeking Jinger out. It's not like there's some shortage of single, conservative Christian/fundie light women out there. The odds were already in his favor on that front. So, what is it? Did he want the fame factor? Did he want a submissive, easily-controlled wife? Did he want a wife that would never divorce him, bringing scandal on him and the church? For all their talk of holiness, evangelical Christians have the highest divorce rates among Christians in the US and are notoriously scandal-ridden in general. Maybe he's hoping that, by marrying someone who is even more conservative than he is, he'll be able to avoid all that? Either way you slice it, it's all pretty gross. 

I agree that he does seem to genuinely love her, though, whatever his original motivation for pursuing her. That much is obvious. And he has put up with a lot of crap from her family already, and likely will into the foreseeable future. That's a lot to sign up for, even if he did want a famous, easily controlled, hopefully scandal-proof wife.  

2 hours ago, HeadshipRegent said:

As much as we all hope that Jinger gets away from the cult (or at least becomes fundie lite) and that Jeremy will ~rescue her from them and be her ticket out, I kinda doubt it. He bought into the koolaid and abandoned a secular aka sinful life for Gothardism to become a prescher.

I'm not saying this to be snide, it's a genuine question-- have we ever seen any evidence that Jeremy is into the IBLP/ATI kool-aid? From what I have seen here (I no longer watch the show except for youtube clips and I don't read tabloids), he has some views that are pretty awful, but are not outside of mainstream conservative evangelical Christianity, as discussed upthread. Did I miss something?

I agree with you.  We don't know if Jeremy is a Gothardist or not.  We know he is a conservative evangelical and possibly fundie.  To be honest, I get confused by the distinction between conservative evangelical and Fundie sometimes.  Not all fundies are of the Gothard ilk though and Jeremy might not be one of those.  He might be, but I haven't heard him say anything directly about it. 

If we see him talking at Big Sandy, then we will know hope is pretty much lost that Jeremy will step up and be his own man. 

18 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

I'm not saying this to be snide, it's a genuine question-- have we ever seen any evidence that Jeremy is into the IBLP/ATI kool-aid? From what I have seen here (I no longer watch the show except for youtube clips and I don't read tabloids), he has some views that are pretty awful, but are not outside of mainstream conservative evangelical Christianity, as discussed upthread. Did I miss something?

I haven't seen any.  I think people are assuming.  Supposedly he came to Jinger via Ben, whom we know has reach in a number of directions outside of IBLP (I don't know how, but he seems to be getting all sorts of connections).  Has there ever been a story of how Ben and Jeremy met?  Ben was in San Antonio for some reason -- was Jessa giving a book talk?  I find it hard to believe that a 28 year old who's experienced the world a bit would find a 20 year old with no college or experience an inspiring Christian study buddy worthy of pursuing and visiting.  Supposedly after they met in San Antonio Jeremy came all the way to Tontitown, AR just to visit Ben ????

Ben actually does have college. He has completed 2 years and is currently enrolled in an online program through Moody Bible Institute. 

The story they told was something about Ben and Jessa being somewhere and having time to spare between flights, so Ben called friends for something to do, and somehow that led to Jeremy.  The story sounds dumb and made up, but who knows.  Ben may have contacts from his online classes.  Maybe Jeremy also knows people who have studied with Moody and maybe that was the connection?  Or, they met on an SOS mission as we know that Jeremy has been on those. 

What is Jeremy's church?  Is it non-denominational or is it a Baptist shoot off?

Just a wild thought, possibly Jeremy did search out Ben if his ultimate goal was a Duggar bride. It would be easier to go through 'a friend' to get to Boob and then to Jinger?   I just find their story of how Ben and Jeremy were friends to be filled with holes.  Just like all other Duggar stories where they try to hide the truth for no reason what so ever.

22 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Ben actually does have college. He has completed 2 years and is currently enrolled in an online program through Moody Bible Institute. 

You're right, I forgot.  What I meant was "away from parents, living in a dorm, more liberal curriculum" college.  But what I really, really meant was that I find it hard to believe that Ben was such an inspiration to Jeremy that he traveled all the way to Tontitown just for a visit.  I think they said that he was visiting and they introduced him to Jinger.  Then at some point they also met again at an SOS mission?  Hmm, this will be quite something to piece together. Maybe after Jeremy and Ben met they decided to go on an SOS mission together and while there Jessa introduced him to Jinger. That would be more believable than a special trip to Arkansas.

They said that they were told that they could go to a bible study at Jeremy's which is how they met. After that Ben talked bible with him on phone and invited Jeremy to visit at which point he was introduced to the entire family. He visited some more and developed an interest in Jinger. According to his father he went on the Mission trip to get to know her better and there he asked JB for permission to get to know her better. There's no indication that he's had anything to do with gothardism or IBLP.  I would not be surprised to see him steer jinger away from that while staying very conservative. My speculation is that they will not have a dozen kids but it's just speculation. I don't know how anyone can emphatically state what someone else will do.

On 12/30/2016 at 8:58 AM, SweetFellowshipper said:

. The Duggars are taught from birth that anything akin to that, even saying no to sex when you feel sick, is on the spectrum of abortion and is preventing God's will directly, and makes you a selfish abortion loving feminist.

Well if the husband is on board with it and turns down or doesn't ask for sex when the wife is ovulating, then you are preventing pregnancy by godly means.

Ahh.  That's what I get for chiming in before catching up to the end of the thread!  Others pointed out the climate differences to hair before I did.  Sorry!

5 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I watched the Leah Remini/Scientology series on A&E, as well as the Return of the Daughters video someone posted here yesterday, and it really brings home how brainwashed these kids are.  

The Scientology show is a good example. Those people don't acknowledge their long term doubts about their "religion" until the shit hits the fan. I bet it will be the same with the Duggar kids. Like someone said a few pages back, they're all living in their own nice homes, plenty of food, travel, and very few children. When they are 5 kids in and can't make the mortgage payment and have to go to a food pantry to eat, they may realize their life style isn't sustainable anymore.

Like in Scientology, the Duggar kids will think "Oh I'm so unhappy in this life, what is wrong with ME?" not "I'm so unhappy in this life, what is wrong with IT?"

A lot of friendship stories are pretty dubious. I met one of my best friends when we turned up at the wrong classroom for different classes. I met a friend when we were waiting for a delayed plane, I sat next to her, saw she had a bag from a town I'd been to on a holiday and struck up a conversation with her. I don't find that part too odd.

I do find it worrying that he then picked someone like that as a bride, but God, hopefully it'll work out and he isn't as bad as he could be. He seems like an intelligent and thoughtful guy but it may not even have been a properly thought out/calculated thing. Vague attraction to fame, being more likely to see/jump on any supposed chemistry... There was an Olympic medallist a couple of years below me at med school. People used to name drop like crazy if they'd had anything vaguely to do with him and I bet he had people following up on social invites, friendships and (though he was in a relationship,maybe married?) potential romance waaaaay more than had he been a regular old broke and boring medical student. That was much more minor fame in an unrelated field and yet people went kind of nuts. Had he been say a scientist on a TV show people would have been worse for sure.

It may be as bad as possible or may be genuinely what they say. Likely somewhere in the middle. Until he appears at Big Sandy etc I'll hope they won't have 12+ kids.

My prediction is that Ben will eventually be a pastor, or something, in Jeremy's Church. Then Jessa and Jinger will be reunited, hopefully in Texas.

I have a hard time seeing Jessa in the role as pastor's wife.  She just doesn't seem to have the necessary selflessness that is often needed for that role. 

58 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I have a hard time seeing Jessa in the role as pastor's wife.  She just doesn't seem to have the necessary selflessness that is often needed for that role. 

not only that - who says that Jinger automatically has to do what Jessa wants her to do now. 

Jessa likes to sit around and do nothing 

@calimojo Jeremy is the pastor of Grace Community Church, Laredo. It's a church plant of Grace Community Church.

The website was actually down for a few weeks and seems to have been revamped (I'm not sure of the format of the previous website) but you can check it out here; www.gcclaredo.com

Typical Catholics aren't real Christians, gays need to be redeemed, expository preaching blah blah blah

Question: Can anyone find the gay conversion therapy that on the website that was previously mentioned? I can't find it anywhere. I think they revamped around the time JinJer got married.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived