IGNORED

The Invisible Jinger (and Her Preacher Man Jeremy)

choralcrusader8613

I think Ben may have connections through his family. The Seewalds were VF. Do we know how high they were on that totem pole? Also, the Duggars attended some VF events, and Michelle was VF MOTY. With connections in VF and IBLP, Ben is in a good position to launch a ministry at some point.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

@calimojo Jeremy is the pastor of Grace Community Church, Laredo. It's a church plant of Grace Community Church.

The website was actually down for a few weeks and seems to have been revamped (I'm not sure of the format of the previous website) but you can check it out here; www.gcclaredo.com

Typical Catholics aren't real Christians, gays need to be redeemed, expository preaching blah blah blah

Question: Can anyone find the gay conversion therapy that on the website that was previously mentioned? I can't find it anywhere. I think they revamped around the time JinJer got married.

I skimmed through their statement of faith, and didn't see anything about gay conversion therapy, just a nod to "side b Christianity," aka "you can be gay but you can never act on it." Which, of course, is seriously toxic in its own right, but at least no one gets electrocuted? 

Ugh. Even though all of that stuff is typical of conservative, non-denominational Reformed churches, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That theology is so mean-spirited that I cannot even. 

13 hours ago, anotherone said:

Yeah, but like Chutes and Ladders they can just spontaneously slide way back down into fundie-dom.  Remember, JB and M weren't fundie in the first place, they got into it after being kind of normal, so now even though their kids are inching their way out of it doesn't mean there won't be backsliding.

Yes, but I am talking about a different situation though. I am talking about those who were raised religious, went secular/less religious and then went back. JB and Michelle didn't go back to religion, they were almost like converts to a new faith. 

Jeremy filled out that huge survey that JB has to court his daughter, Jeremy went on tv and let his life be filmed, Jeremy knew what he was doing when he signed up for this. Did he he want Jinger for her name and what she represented? Oh I think he did. Jeremy is very much concerned with himself and his image, I do think that he is ambitious. Does that mean he will do birth control? Depends on whether or not it's best for the pastor to have a cute little brood or two or three cute children. I think Jeremy is very calculating and he will do what he thinks is best. I also get the feeling that he has to have control, so yes head butting with JB will happen. I think he can be a massive smarmy douchebag but I hope he's sweet to Jinger.  

Didn't Jeremy talk once about how he was really searching for fame with the whole soccer thing? Or did I imagine that?

7 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Didn't Jeremy talk once about how he was really searching for fame with the whole soccer thing? Or did I imagine that?

I believe he did. 

13 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

They said that they were told that they could go to a bible study at Jeremy's which is how they met. After that Ben talked bible with him on phone and invited Jeremy to visit at which point he was introduced to the entire family. He visited some more and developed an interest in Jinger. According to his father he went on the Mission trip to get to know her better and there he asked JB for permission to get to know her better. There's no indication that he's had anything to do with gothardism or IBLP.  I would not be surprised to see him steer jinger away from that while staying very conservative. My speculation is that they will not have a dozen kids but it's just speculation. I don't know how anyone can emphatically state what someone else will do.

This whole thing just seems like a scam.  Anyone trying to contact JB or the family to land one of the girls is creepy.  But if you add the "talk bible" part, they make it seem so holy and pure.  Well, this stranger is contacting me and my famous family - but he must be on the up and up because he's holding a bible study at his house and talked good bible.  JB has played that game well, he must know that others are playing it too.

14 hours ago, twinmama said:

Well if the husband is on board with it and turns down or doesn't ask for sex when the wife is ovulating, then you are preventing pregnancy by godly means.

If that just happened to happen, maybe, but being "on board with it" would likely mean having some idea of when she's ovulating and purposely not having sex at those times. That would be NFP, which is verboden, since you are supposed to be actively trying/"open to" a child at all times.

2 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

If that just happened to happen, maybe, but being "on board with it" would likely mean having some idea of when she's ovulating and purposely not having sex at those times. That would be NFP, which is verboden, since you are supposed to be actively trying/"open to" a child at all times.

That's assuming they're having sexy times basically every day.  If he know's enough about fertility he could be "not in the mood" for about a week and totally skip the window. So two weeks after she has her period, which he would know, they don't get it on.  

You're also assuming these two aren't ok with NFP - which is not something we have any proof of either. 

On 12/30/2016 at 6:38 AM, SweetFellowshipper said:

I guess I just don't get why we go round and round hoping every Duggar couple will abstain, try NFP, maybe even use condoms (which they also think are tantamount to abortion), etc etc. She's marrying a fundie preacher who agreed to be on the show. He agreed to be part of a religion whose main, absolute tenet is no birth control and absolutely no limiting family size. If he had any desire whatsoever to not have a gazillion kids immediately upon marrying, he'd have picked somebody else. That IS their faith. And what evidence do we have that they'd want to, at all, or even feel free to express that incredibly sinful/equivalent to baby killing desire at this point? His family size? Derick's family was tiny and he chose a Duggar to have a different family life. 

My apologies, I can't delete this accidental quote box for the life of me.

On 12/30/2016 at 11:23 AM, ClaraOswin said:

I believe she meant that the miscarriage was more like a punishment or something (not sure if that's the right word to use) for previously going against God's plan by using birth control. Not that the pill actually physically caused the miscarriage. But I could be wrong.

I almost wish this was true, since it would be less of an affront to known science. But JB gives a speech every time he talks about birth control saying that they "looked at the side effects" of the pill after Michelle's miscarriage and "talked to a Christian doctor" to "confirm" that the pill actually can physically cause abortions. They believe the birth control pill killed their baby.

I *really* want to find whoever that "doctor" was and punch him. 

20 hours ago, nst said:

overall Jeremy is the one to watch for the next few months.  Derick is lost for the next 11 months or so. What with Jill pregnant and probably can't leave until December of next year... how will he react outside and inside

Ben has no hope. He will be speaking at some conference - going towards the light - what's next his own show....who will watch that. 

As for Jessa pushing Jeremy towards her sister - i wonder if she realizes now that her best friend would actually fly the coup and now she has to deal with it. 

I know it's foolish, but maybe Jessa was waiting to make her 'escape' until she was sure Jinger could/would come along with her. When I was trying to get away from my hellish home, I knew for certain that I wasn't ever gonna leave until I was convinced my sister could/would come along with me. 

7 minutes ago, srosieb827 said:

That's assuming they're having sexy times basically every day.  If he know's enough about fertility he could be "not in the mood" for about a week and totally skip the window. So two weeks after she has her period, which he would know, they don't get it on.  

You're also assuming these two aren't ok with NFP - which is not something we have any proof of either. 

I think I would need proof of the opposite (that they aren't devoutly Quiverfull), since neither of them have shown any sign of not being fundie or Quiverfull and Quiverfull teachings say NFP=sin. Some people seem to start out hoping the opposite, but Jinger seems very devout to me and Jeremy hasn't shown a shred of a sign otherwise IMO. In fact, because of his guilt over his past he may go even further in the opposite direction, which may have been part of his motivation in marrying Jinger. I don't have that much optimism when it comes to the Duggars or anybody who willingly marries into that dog and pony show. If I'm wrong, I will definitely be pleasantly shocked, though.

I belong to the group of people who believe that whatever the Duggar and Bates kids care to call their choices about the number of children they have they are going to have much fewer kids than their parents on average. I guess that no more than 1-2 kids will even get close to their families. I believe most of them, at least most that marry will have big families by society's standards, probably something like 4-8 kids but still small compared to mom and dad. I guess that those that go for bigger families will at most have 10-12 kids. There will be tons of Duggar and Bates cousins but not 15-20 from each kid. I also think that a couple will not marry and my prediction is that fewer will marry from the Duggars than the Bates. I think that no more than 1-2 Bates will not marry but I think the numbers will be higher with the Duggars, perhaps as many as 5-7. I base this on the fact that two of the older kids are yet not married. They might still marry but the idea of waiting is introduced in the family already and some will wait so long they will either not find a partner or they choose singleness. I also think that the Josh scandal has hurt the value of the Duggar boys on the marriage market within the fundie world. Some do overlook what happened but that does not mean they will overlook it enough to marry into the family and this will hurt the men more than the girls since women marry "away" into the man's family.

While I am glad to see tiny steps away from the Usual Duggar Doctrine (branching out in fashion and -actually- breaking a piece of the unmarried PDA mold!!), I can't help but assume this will all be overshadowed eventually by the same-old-same-old behavior we've come to expect. I'm kinda torn between believing that Jinger gets to be happy now and have the freedom to even gently explore what SHE likes, and being resigned to think we won't see any real changes in the Duggars at all until money dries up or another horrific skeleton falls out of their closet...

3 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

My apologies, I can't delete this accidental quote box for the life of me.

I almost wish this was true, since it would be less of an affront to known science. But JB gives a speech every time he talks about birth control saying that they "looked at the side effects" of the pill after Michelle's miscarriage and "talked to a Christian doctor" to "confirm" that the pill actually can physically cause abortions. They believe the birth control pill killed their baby.

I *really* want to find whoever that "doctor" was and punch him. 

Maybe the doctor says something like the pills could cause abort, but more in the sense of you could ended be pregnant on pills and if don't find out and continue to take the pill a miscarrage could happen, or maybe he was talking about some others pills (like day aftere pill) and JB and DQueen just listen and understand what they want and like...i don't know even why i care, maybe i'm just tired...

9 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Maybe the doctor says something like the pills could cause abort, but more in the sense of you could ended be pregnant on pills and if don't find out and continue to take the pill a miscarrage could happen, or maybe he was talking about some others pills (like day aftere pill) and JB and DQueen just listen and understand what they want and like...i don't know even why i care, maybe i'm just tired...

I assume he just has an agenda and is willing to lie/massively bend the truth, like the doctors at those "pregnancy clinics" that claim to offer abortions but then do a bait and switch. Of course, they could have just heard what they wanted to hear, but specifying that it's a "Christian doctor" makes me think he was a charlatan like the "Christian therapy" they prefer.

They do love their charlatans.

On 12/31/2016 at 3:04 PM, nausicaa said:

But, if she's wearing a one piece bathing suit or waiting to have kids because Jeremy told her to, is Jinger really "liberated"? To me freedom and self-ownership isn't about what a woman wears or how many kids she has, but whether she is doing what she truly wants or not. 

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion on this thread, but if a woman couldn't figure out who she was until her husband taught her, I'm not sure if she ever did the difficult work of learning who she is independent of others.

No, she is not really liberated. But she never had a chance to go through a goth stage/vegan diet stage/Buddhist stage, etc. She was never even allowed to call her parents lame. Most adolescents and young adults try on all kinds of roles and switch heroes rapidly before becoming sure of themselves. Then they marry if they wish. I don't know what life is like for her and I hope she is safe and happy. Jinger's choices were basically marry or SAHD. I also hope that this marriage is positive for her. The desired outcome is that she is trying out new roles and identities, and she becomes more aware of who she is and what she wants. I also hope that her new life gives her more self-awareness. She will need that to be really liberated. 

Perhaps the birth control leading to miscarriage thing is due to the Duggars' weird definition of what constitutes a pregnancy. Since birth control pills are SUPPOSED to prevent ovulation, but it can still happen, an egg COULD become fertilized and then prevented from implanting (since BC thins the uterine lining and cervical fluid). Maybe the Duggars consider keeping a fertilized egg from implanting an abortion? It doesn't make sense, really, but I could see them thinking that. 

13 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Question: Can anyone find the gay conversion therapy that on the website that was previously mentioned? I can't find it anywhere. I think they revamped around the time JinJer got married.

It's the first video on the "testimonies" page: http://www.gcclaredo.com/testimonies.html (Found under "more -> resources") The blurb under it says enough:

David testifies to being saved from a homosexual lifestyle that consumed his life for 27 years. David was involved deep into the lifestyle and only by God's Grace was He set free and made new in Christ. "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality" - 1 Corinthians 6:9. This testimony is also in Spanish, "Jesucristo me Salvó de 27 Años de Homosexualidad"

15 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

Maybe the Duggars consider keeping a fertilized egg from implanting an abortion? It doesn't make sense, really, but I could see them thinking that. 

Yes, and this is true of many Christians who are anti BC. They have other rationale for other forms of BC but the pill specifically is worse because of this. 

As for Michelle's miscarriage and blaming that on the pill, that is just basically just religion being anti-Science to pursue their own agenda (more babies, more Christians) and people looking to find a reason they can control to prevent a hard thing from happening again.

23 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

So it's 2017 which announcement will we get first: Jinger Pregnancy or Joy engagement?

I would hope neither, but this is the Duggars, so...

1 hour ago, missegeno said:

I kind of figured the "doctor" claim was like their use of "concert pianist," "christian counselor," and "midwife."

It's possible it was just some kind of quack, but to be fair this was 25-30yrs ago and there has been suspected association between birth control and miscarriage in the past.  This study actually found a correlation although I don't see enough from the abstract to consider how they came to their conclusion:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15950668

To be clear, I'm not trying to suggest that there *is* any correlation between taking birth control and miscarriage.  I just think a legitimate doctor could have mentioned the possibility 25yrs ago based on information he had at the time.

My money is on pregnancy. I picture them saving the engagement announcement for right either before or after the last episode of this season. They only do eight at a time now, right?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived