IGNORED

The Invisible Jinger (and Her Preacher Man Jeremy)

choralcrusader8613

On 1/3/2017 at 11:04 AM, Buzzard said:
Thats actually the most true musical talent a Duggar has ever demonstrated. 

I never even knew Jinger could play piano, let alone like that. They're always trying to pass Jana off as the talented pianist. Just think if she could've went to school for it like Erin did. It makes me hate her parents even more for denying her that opportunity.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe she can give piano lessons - I hope she's got enough music theory background for that. Everyone needs to be able to make money / have a social circle outside of friends and family.

On 1/2/2017 at 11:32 AM, SamiKatz said:

People do leave the fundie lifestyle,  though, there are people who post on this board who have done so.  From information I've learned since I started posting here, I have great admiration for those who did leave, it must have been a difficult process to do so.

There are so many Duggar kids (or a Bates) that it would seem like at least one of them would evolve to a different viewpoint but who knows.  

Agreed, but it's way easier to leave when you're not getting paid TLC money to maintain the lifestyle, and your future is a dozen kids stuffed into a pop-up trailer.

26 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

Agreed, but it's way easier to leave when you're not getting paid TLC money to maintain the lifestyle, and your future is a dozen kids stuffed into a pop-up trailer.

And that it'd be a massive hullabaloo once someone snaps (which, out of nineteen children, is likely). Then the rest of the family would get involved trying to defend their lifestyle, and so on. Also consider that the interpersonal relationships involved aren't that of colleagues, but of family. There's a lot to lose if someone leaves, and the Duggars are particularly vulnerable due to their (relative) high profile.

Why the hell have they made us sit through those kids screeching away on the violin when Jinger can play piano like that??? Now I'm wondering what other musical talent that family might be suppressing. 

Also have they ever shown Jana playing the piano? I know they mentioned it but idr ever seeing any proof lol 

1 hour ago, zadie said:

Why the hell have they made us sit through those kids screeching away on the violin when Jinger can play piano like that??? Now I'm wondering what other musical talent that family might be suppressing. 

Also have they ever shown Jana playing the piano? I know they mentioned it but idr ever seeing any proof lol 

I've seen Jana and Jinger both play the piano on old episodes (or maybe specials) and I've seen Jill play the harp. 

Also, I believe the Duggars all get piano and violin lessons but I think some are much better than others. If I remember correctly, Josh, Jana, and Jinger all play the piano fairly well (not concert pianist well). 

So that clip...when was it filmed? What church is that? Why are there no other people there besides whoever is filming and that guy standing there?

If you look back on several 19KAC episodes, Jinger is always on the piano (e.g when the Bates visited and she was playing piano with them) I'm not surprised she's that good. It's probably one of the only ways she gets to express herself since being molded into a meek submissive house servant godly young lady.

1 minute ago, Jinder Roles said:

If you look back on several 19KAC episodes, Jinger is always on the piano (e.g when the Bates visited and she was playing piano with them) I'm not surprised she's that good. It's probably one of the only ways she gets to express herself since being molded into a meek submissive house servant godly young lady.

Maybe Jinger will go all "Lucy Honeychurch" (from A Room With A View).  She'll start playing Beethoven and that will be that.

5 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

March isn't a good time to have an outdoor wedding and reception. Tornado season. I'm lucky that my wedding (March 21, 2015) was a beautiful day. I still had a church wedding and indoor reception. I fed my guest and there was dancing. Something tells me Joy will have a cake and punch reception for 1,000 people not a buffet or plated meal.

Dare I say Jinger plays piano better than Erin Paine.

If I had to invite 1,000 to my wedding, I'd be getting married at 11 a.m., giving everyone tea and crumpets then sending them home!

This is my first post (after years-long lurkdom...woohoo!), so forgive me...I still need to take some time to figure out quotes and such. But I had a quick thought. Remember the NYE pictures that looked funky and edited (can't remember if it was discussed here or in a different thread)? One of the lost boys was missing a chunk of his face...do you think it might be because he was enjoying one of those engagement cake pops, and they edited it out so as not to give it away? Just a thought. 

9 hours ago, awkwardblackchick said:

this is something

Uhm... how exactly do we know this really is Jinger? Not once is her face shown in this video, and anyone can name any video anything they want, so I'm not convinced by the fact that it's called 'Jinger plays the piano'. Now, if it truly is her, then yay, the girl can really play! But I have my doubts...

4 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Uhm... how exactly do we know this really is Jinger? Not once is her face shown in this video, and anyone can name any video anything they want, so I'm not convinced by the fact that it's called 'Jinger plays the piano'. Now, if it truly is her, then yay, the girl can really play! But I have my doubts...

I agree...something is just not right.

JB's rich, tight wad ass can afford a proper reception. He just doesn't want to.

5 hours ago, FreeSiah said:

I never even knew Jinger could play piano, let alone like that. They're always trying to pass Jana off as the talented pianist. Just think if she could've went to school for it like Erin did. It makes me hate her parents even more for denying her that opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On one of the old specials, Jinger and Jessa played a ragtime duet as the family scrambled to move. The scene played off the Silent Film era.....badly.

I haven't seen Jessa touch a musical instrument since her wedding. Hanging a mandolin on the wall and propping a guitar in a corner no one can access doesn't count as musically inclined.

1 hour ago, ItsaJjungle said:

This is my first post (after years-long lurkdom...woohoo!), so forgive me...I still need to take some time to figure out quotes and such. But I had a quick thought. Remember the NYE pictures that looked funky and edited (can't remember if it was discussed here or in a different thread)? One of the lost boys was missing a chunk of his face...do you think it might be because he was enjoying one of those engagement cake pops, and they edited it out so as not to give it away? Just a thought. 

I believe it was just distorted due to the fish eye effect or panoramic view or whatever you want to call it. I am not a camera person so I don't know the term for it.

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

i was thinking the same thing! how could we be sure that is really jinger? it seams to be her but...

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

It was posted by the family, so I'm guessing it is B-roll from TLC that we I mean Buzzard will end up seeing in an upcoming episode of Droning On Counting On. Probably at the main church where Jer split from. Probably a new piano and they wanted Jing to test it out. 

4 minutes ago, divadivine said:

It was posted by the family, so I'm guessing it is B-roll from TLC that we I mean Buzzard will end up seeing in an upcoming episode of Droning On Counting On. Probably at the main church where Jer split from. Probably a new piano and they wanted Jing to test it out. 

It doesn't match the interior of Grace in San Antonio or Laredo.  Maybe his parent's church?

On Jessa's Instagram there is video of Jinger playing the same piece. It's dated November 29, 2015. The frame starts with angel statues on the piano and goes to her playing showing her face. It was on a Daily Mail clip that had Jesssa Seewald/Instagram tagged. The Daily Mail clip is annoying because of the advertising but I'll include here. I was just curious after assuming it was her in the other post.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/femail/video-1233174/Jinger-Duggar-plays-piano-Thanksgiving-weekend.html

7 hours ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Regarding Jinger on the piano video, she's sitting there in a trench coat playing without sheet music. I don't know her music education but I find her playing very nicely done. I never could get that comfortable on the piano and definitely never had a signature piece like that. 

I am very impressed as well...I listened 3 times, brought me to tears every time, can't believe I just sat here and cried like a baby ^_^ sheesh.

4 hours ago, flycat said:

It doesn't match the interior of Grace in San Antonio or Laredo.  Maybe his parent's church?

It kinda looks like the place they more than likely saw the nutcracker at. 

I remember that episode where they put the two grand pianos closer together and Jinger played them both at the same time. She's always been good. Being a SAHD gives you lots of time to practice.

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

It kinda looks like the place they more than likely saw the nutcracker at. 

Nah, the video has pews while the theatre has seats. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived