IGNORED

Sierra: Loving God Into Existence Through Her Husband

choralcrusader8613

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, to be fair, someone sent her the bows, so maybe it was just a way of saying thank you.

However, I was a little bit defrauded seeing 2 girls with leggings and NO SKIRTS. I may have to lie down and rest.

Well, that is why they have to have giant bows--without skirts you wouldn't know if they were girls, or boys, and how could you know how to interact with them???  Imagine the  etiquette chaos!  Etc. etc.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Well, that is why they have to have giant bows--without skirts you wouldn't know if they were girls, or boys, and how could you know how to interact with them???  Imagine the  etiquette chaos!  Etc. etc.

just when you think Sierra is relaxing -she goes on about marching her children 

On 11/02/2017 at 10:52 AM, Still have a free arm said:

I am not a Little Caesar pizza fan, but I can eat a bag of crazy bread all by myself....

I just googled Crazy Bread as I didn't know what it was.

All I can say is WHY do we not have this in Australia?!?!?

I'm a bit surprised her comments on women working outside the home being admirable isn't raising eyebrows? Is it just me or that's really unexpected? 

Like how does she reconcile that with her other gender role beliefs? It's obviously different than Gothardism. Is she a super fundie but not a Gothard? Unlike any of the Duggar daughters she does run her own business ... Is this a divergent point between them?

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Does anyone know the typical spacing between her kids? Could she be pregnant with number 6 right now?

She's had 5 kids in 7 years.  But I believe she stated on social media within the last month that she's isn't expecting. She could be pregnant now, however. I will be shocked if she isn't pregnant by May or so

56 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

She's had 5 kids in 7 years.  But I believe she stated on social media within the last month that she's isn't expecting. She could be pregnant now, however. I will be shocked if she isn't pregnant by May or so

That is a pretty narrow spacing, even closer together than Michelle's children, on average.

I do wonder about the fact that there seem to be fewer pairs of twins within fundie circles even though they have a lot of children! The only quiverfull family I know who has twins  is the Duggars.

If I look around my friends and family there is a staggering amount of twins even though most of the couples only have 2 or 3 children. If you walk on the streets of my hometown and count the number of twin baby carriages in comparison to the singletons you would find that around 10-15 % of babies are twins. Why are there so many twins all of a sudden? Medical help? Also: what are the odds of Kelly Bates having 19 single children without a pair of twins in it. The odds must be pretty slim?

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

That is a pretty narrow spacing, even closer together than Michelle's children, on average.

I do wonder about the fact that there seem to be fewer pairs of twins within fundie circles even though they have a lot of children! The only quiverfull family I know who has twins  is the Duggars.

If I look around my friends and family there is a staggering amount of twins even though most of the couples only have 2 or 3 children. If you walk on the streets of my hometown and count the number of twin baby carriages in comparison to the singletons you would find that around 10-15 % of babies are twins. Why are there so many twins all of a sudden? Medical help? Also: what are the odds of Kelly Bates having 19 single children without a pair of twins in it. The odds must be pretty slim?

The twins increase is due to fertility treatment and the fact that women are waiting until they are older to have children. After 35, women have a greater chance at multiples. Most fundies, however, have babies early so they have a lesser chance at twins. 

I thought I read that your odds increase with the more times you are pregnant. So it is a bit surprising that someone like Kelly Bates didn't have multiples since she had 10000 pregnancies and was older for some of them.

Most people I know with twins did NOT use fertility treatments. Nor were they on their 3rd, 4th, 5th children, etc. Mostly people in their late 20's/early 30's on their 1st or 2nd pregnancy.

Twins is also more common if you get pregnant soon after being pregnant.  I have two friends that had 3 kids in 13-14 months that way. 

In my family twins run on both sides and it just so happened that when my mom got pregnant with me and my brother that she fit the factors that made you more likely to have twins: Being Africa (or African descent), between 5'4-5'6 and I think like 130/140 pounds. It more common race wise in blacks than whites I believe! (Have done heavy research because if I do end up having children my biggest fear is having twins)

Points for: "If you have no interest, kindly scroll up and disregard" 

Less points for the $55 USD Price tag ($71.53 AUD) and the fact there's a maybelline product that does the same for a LOT less money.

1 hour ago, hollywood said:

I would not be surprised if Sierra started selling Lularoe. It seems to be ~the thing~ 

None of these fundies are ever going to be able to sell LLR unless they pool together, it is $1000s to start up...

I think you could get numerous brands for less money--including L'Oreal and Origins. And go to a store and actually see what they look like. And notice her post says nothing about animal testing, allergens, organic/non-organic, etc.

I think Sierra realizes that with 5 kids underfoot, she can no longer work weddings (and she was trying to sell off her wedding stock a while ago), and she's desperately casting about for other ways to make money.

I really do detect a hint of financial desperation amongst all the hyperactivity. 

On 2/16/2017 at 4:55 PM, JillyO said:

I'm sure you'll all be super glad to hear that Sierra has joined the MLM circus!! (Sadly, she's not shilling Plexus... yet!)

WHY would people buy this? If I want to pay $55 for a lippie, it will be Chanel or Tom Ford. Not this random crap. And a remover just for your lipgloss? Why can't you use your normal makeup remover, or a dab of coconut oil? People are insane, LOL!

On 2/17/2017 at 9:50 AM, HereticHick said:

I think you could get numerous brands for less money--including L'Oreal and Origins. And go to a store and actually see what they look like. And notice her post says nothing about animal testing, allergens, organic/non-organic, etc.

I think Sierra realizes that with 5 kids underfoot, she can no longer work weddings (and she was trying to sell off her wedding stock a while ago), and she's desperately casting about for other ways to make money.

I really do detect a hint of financial desperation amongst all the hyperactivity. 

Yeah, if I had $50 to spent on lipstick, I'd go to Sephora and get some Lipstick Queen (my favorite brand). I think they run about $20-25 each, so I could get two! Most designer lip glosses run about $10-20 and lipsticks are about $15-40 depending on brand, so I don't know why people would spend $55 on a no-name MLM product like this. 

I agree that their family probably isn't very financially stable and she's looking for other sources of income. Unfortunately, I don't foresee her coming up with anything particularly lucrative, as selling overpriced crap to other poor people isn't exactly a viable business model. 

Nobody's got money for that, but especially not an audience that's already been fleeced by the Dillards this week. Leghumping is a costly hobby!

On 2/15/2017 at 0:06 AM, candygirl200413 said:

In my family twins run on both sides and it just so happened that when my mom got pregnant with me and my brother that she fit the factors that made you more likely to have twins: Being Africa (or African descent), between 5'4-5'6 and I think like 130/140 pounds. It more common race wise in blacks than whites I believe! (Have done heavy research because if I do end up having children my biggest fear is having twins)

Apparently people of Yoruba descent/ethnicity have some of the highest rates of twin births in the world, which might partially explain why twins are more common for black people (though scientists believe that the high twin birth rate in Yoruba areas of Nigeria is at least partially due to diet, and I'm sure that an African-American woman eats very differently from a Nigerian woman). Genetics are weird, man.

Sierra can't scrub her lips because they are too sensitve. I learned that scrubbing your lips is actually very good and makes them more healthy. I guess this doesn't apply when you can make a lot of money by making people believe they need an expensive lipgloss remover to Sierra.

Wait, I just actually read that really carefully and realized the $55 gets you ONE colour, one gloss and the remover?!?!??!! 

I used Covergirl Outlast lipstick for my wedding, because they last that freaking well. It's a lipstick--"like a gloss, but dries-it's not a stain!", comes with the gloss/balm to wear over it, and came off very easily with a makeup remover wipe. I had that stuff on for 14 hours and forgot about it, didn't need one touch up. Total cost: like $12 Canadian. 

My mom sold Avon when I was a kid, she didn't make much but she did okay, and got lots of free samples that saved us money having to buy them...that's still a thing, why isn't it a fundie thing?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived