IGNORED

Sierra: Loving God Into Existence Through Her Husband

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Wow those pizzas sound like an amazing special! I could have so many people over for Pizza night!

I'd rather that than waiting for cupcakes that don't look like the picture that cost more than what I'd spend on my food for the whole week!

For the record, $40.00 USD is currently $52.12 AUD.

On the $5 pizza, its nicknamed Sleezers for a reason. We have one half a mile away but only go there in a pinch.  If I'm going with a chain store pizza, give me Hungry Howies or Papa Johns. 

They just don't look appealing to me. I like to be able to hold my cupcake. I don't get it. 

9 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

On the $5 pizza, its nicknamed Sleezers for a reason. We have one half a mile away but only go there in a pinch.  If I'm going with a chain store pizza, give me Hungry Howies or Papa Johns. 

Never heard of Hungry Howies. Never had Papa Johns. I'm actually not a big pizza person (though I do like homemade quite a bit.) I don't mind Little Caesars as a cheap meal. I like Godfather's a bit more though.

12 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Hungry Howies is the best!

Dammit, now I want a cupcake.  My "chocolate cupcake" luna bar is not going to cut it.  $10 for a cupcake is beyond a rip off.  This weekend I'm going on a food crawl to celebrate my bday.  I'm super excited.  Meatballs, pickles, cupcakes and candy.  I might toss in a homemade ice cream sandwich.  And at a well established good bakery we will pay $10 for 3 cupcakes where we even get to choose the flavors!!  The only reason she can have so many purchases early on is from friends and fans.  That will die out quickly.  I'm giving this venture 3-6 months.  She's doing this totally half-a$$ed.  It's because she's got a bunch of little kids that she is expected to take care of and even home school.  You can't have a venture like this in your minimal spare time.  The only reason she does long waits and no choice in flavor is because she's going to save up orders, do a whole batch of one or two flavors and then ship them out at once.  I actually feel bad, she has aspirations but is stuck in a lifestyle that doesn't let her fulfill them.  If the older kids were in school and she could put the little ones in part time daycare she could devote several days a week to this and make it work.  

1 hour ago, JMO said:

This weekend I'm going on a food crawl to celebrate my bday. 

Happy birthday for the weekend! Also I just invited myself. You mentioned food, what can I say?

13 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

They just don't look appealing to me. I like to be able to hold my cupcake. I don't get it. 

I'm with you.  The point of cupcakes is portability, but jar cakes require a fork.  You might as well spend ten dollars on a whole cake and put a piece of it on a plate.

i zoomed in on the photos, and Sierra's look a little messy.  For that price they should be magazine-photo perfect.

17 hours ago, catlady said:

Sierra's look a little messy.  For that price they should be magazine-photo perfect.

She would say it's because she's busy attending to her husband and her 5 kids, can't always be tidy! :P

So Sierra has been doing live videos on Instagram and I saw a little bit of the one tonight. She said that Mark is working towards a degree in Christian Leadership with a goal of doing family counseling. 

I did something I never thought I'd do and asked a question (is that creepy?). I tried to frame it non-snarkily just to get an honest answer rather than defensive. I asked "do you think a woman can be a good Christian and still work outside the home?"

She said, basically, yes. She said she knows some "amazing women" who are "strong of faith" who work outside the home who she is "in awe of". And that it's a joint decision about what's best for the family. 

Since all the questions were from fans or at least very civil and she was giving advice, I thought it was a completely honest non p.c. answer. I was surprised by it, but then again a few of her friends have worked outside the home. I don't think she is as conservative on that point as the Duggars. I'm not saying she doesn't believe in 1950's gender roles, and male head of the house, but it sounds like in some situations it's acceptable in her mind for women not to be at home (although still doing all the reproductive labour, probably). I wonder what the women she is referring to do. One I'm guessing is Mrs. Sam the Furniture store owner (Joe Donaldson I think), who I saw awhile go opened her own realtor office after being a manager in the Sam store for awhile. She seems close to them and their daughter.

27 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

So Sierra has been doing live videos on Instagram and I saw a little bit of the one tonight. She said that Mark is working towards a degree in Christian Leadership with a goal of doing family counseling. 

I did something I never thought I'd do and asked a question (is that creepy?). I tried to frame it non-snarkily just to get an honest answer rather than defensive. I asked "do you think a woman can be a good Christian and still work outside the home?"

She said, basically, yes. She said she knows some "amazing women" who are "strong of faith" who work outside the home who she is "in awe of". And that it's a joint decision about what's best for the family. 

Since all the questions were from fans or at least very civil and she was giving advice, I thought it was a completely honest non p.c. answer. I was surprised by it, but then again a few of her friends have worked outside the home. I don't think she is as conservative on that point as the Duggars. I'm not saying she doesn't believe in 1950's gender roles, and male head of the house, but it sounds like in some situations it's acceptable in her mind for women not to be at home (although still doing all the reproductive labour, probably). I wonder what the women she is referring to do. One I'm guessing is Mrs. Sam the Furniture store owner (Joe Donaldson I think), who I saw awhile go opened her own realtor office after being a manager in the Sam store for awhile. She seems close to them and their daughter.

Okay, I'm glad Sierra doesn't think women should be confined to the home. Least she differs from the Duggars there.

Regarding Mark's degree, I'm not sure how it will help them financially.

On 2/6/2017 at 3:43 PM, JMO said:

Dammit, now I want a cupcake.  My "chocolate cupcake" luna bar is not going to cut it.  $10 for a cupcake is beyond a rip off.  This weekend I'm going on a food crawl to celebrate my bday.  I'm super excited.  Meatballs, pickles, cupcakes and candy.  I might toss in a homemade ice cream sandwich.  And at a well established good bakery we will pay $10 for 3 cupcakes where we even get to choose the flavors!!  The only reason she can have so many purchases early on is from friends and fans.  That will die out quickly.  I'm giving this venture 3-6 months.  She's doing this totally half-a$$ed.  It's because she's got a bunch of little kids that she is expected to take care of and even home school.  You can't have a venture like this in your minimal spare time.  The only reason she does long waits and no choice in flavor is because she's going to save up orders, do a whole batch of one or two flavors and then ship them out at once.  I actually feel bad, she has aspirations but is stuck in a lifestyle that doesn't let her fulfill them.  If the older kids were in school and she could put the little ones in part time daycare she could devote several days a week to this and make it work.  

$10 for a cupcake in a jar is waaaaaay too much. I'm in one of the most expensive cities and bakeries here don't even charge that much. The most you'd pay is like $4.50 for the most gourmet cupcake with crazy toppings. 

16 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

Not to be over the top snarky, maybe someone can explain this to me. Why do fundies feel the need to study Christianity or Judaism or whatever to a degree level? Like WTF is Christian Leadership anyway? Is he trying to be a pastor? Can't make it as a minister? Like is that their psychology? I just don't get it. It's like 50% of them are studying religion. Shouldn't they know this by now if they grow up in it? 

BTW I also don't understand all those self-help how to have a good marriage books they all seem to love. Don't they grow up knowing what has to happen? Women cook and clean and the guy is the leader. What else can does books possibly teach? How to remain quiet?

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Not to be over the top snarky, maybe someone can explain this to me. Why do fundies feel the need to study Christianity or Judaism or whatever to a degree level? Like WTF is Christian Leadership anyway? Is he trying to be a pastor? Can't make it as a minister? Like is that their psychology? I just don't get it. It's like 50% of them are studying religion. Shouldn't they know this by now if they grow up in it? 

I too am confused by this and all the "bible study" courses they constantly take. What is going on? You literally have had hours every day of your life to read and memorise the bible so why do you need to take these courses? I know it's a long and complicated book, but let's be honest; none of them is working towards any legit degree/profession at would require this much studying. Also these people have had very limited access to other literature so... why? 

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

From my perspective it's a degree in indoctrination, they are being indoctrinated in their particular brand of religion while also learning skills to help them indoctrinate others. They aren't actually learning real stuff like they would at a real seminary (stuff like the history of religion or the documentary hypothesis).

Owner of Little Ceasars, Detroit Red Wings and Tigers, Mike Illitch passed away yesterday at age 87.  Sad he didn't get to see the arena open this fall.

Bringing home Crazybread is cruising for a showdown at our house LOL!

I don't get  why someone has to put those giant things on a baby's head. I could figure why for a newborn but after the 8/9 mont? Why? 

Well, to be fair, someone sent her the bows, so maybe it was just a way of saying thank you.

However, I was a little bit defrauded seeing 2 girls with leggings and NO SKIRTS. I may have to lie down and rest.

3 hours ago, Yaoichan12 said:

To me, it looks like some ripped fabric was taken, wrapped around the girls' heads then tied to kind of look like a bow. 

That is exactly what they look like!  What a um, thoughtful gift? :confused:  

The pink leggings girl looks like a clone of Sierra.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived