IGNORED

Sierra: Loving God Into Existence Through Her Husband

choralcrusader8613

15 hours ago, Mela99 said:

If anybody is in mid-Michigan, you gotta go to Bake n Cakes on Kalamazoo street. Ridiculously good, amazing variety of flavors and they'll customize or invent anything you want!

Now I really want one .... or ten.

I'm looking for a recipe for salted caramel & pretzel cupcakes that don't use any ready-made crap like salted caramel sauce. I don't have that at home, I wouldn't know where to get that here. I'd gladly make it at home myself. So if anyone has one, I would really appreciate if you cared to share. Otherwise I'll have to experiment a little and come up with my own recipe. 

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pretzel said:

I'm looking for a recipe for salted caramel & pretzel cupcakes that don't use any ready-made crap like salted caramel sauce. I don't have that at home, I wouldn't know where to get that here. I'd gladly make it at home myself. So if anyone has one, I would really appreciate if you cared to share. Otherwise I'll have to experiment a little and come up with my own recipe. 

I got you, sister! :) This one is really yummy.

http://chocolatewithgrace.com/salted-caramel-pretzel-cupcakes/ 

And you don't have to worry about buying salted caramel sauce -- I've made this before and it's great.

http://www.averiecooks.com/2014/06/the-best-and-easiest-homemade-salted-caramel-sauce.html?crlt.pid=camp.L89ALI6AOX1L

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

I got you, sister! :) This one is really yummy.

http://chocolatewithgrace.com/salted-caramel-pretzel-cupcakes/ 

And you don't have to worry about buying salted caramel sauce -- I've made this before and it's great.

http://www.averiecooks.com/2014/06/the-best-and-easiest-homemade-salted-caramel-sauce.html?crlt.pid=camp.L89ALI6AOX1L

YES! yes yes yes yes yes! Thank you, thank you. I'll try that as soon as possible. Perfect! Thank you, Mela!

so, after watching michelle's hs friend scramble around, forcing joy anna and all those other kids to spend hours building that butt fugly giant V on the night of the rehearsal dinner - possibly until midnight! with roses that she ordered to little rock in the middle of a clearing where they were gathering random bramble with no other plan for several hours of transport than some buckets she was counting on a bunch of teens to remember....i would like to apologize to sierra for disparaging her abilities as a wedding planner.  

6 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

so, after watching michelle's hs friend scramble around, forcing joy anna and all those other kids to spend hours building that butt fugly giant V on the night of the rehearsal dinner - possibly until midnight! with roses that she ordered to little rock in the middle of a clearing where they were gathering random bramble with no other plan for several hours of transport than some buckets she was counting on a bunch of teens to remember....i would like to apologize to sierra for disparaging her abilities as a wedding planner.  

yeah.... I honestly missed Sierra after that clusterf***

So it appears that Mr. Sierra's boss Sam (of Sam's Furniture) just died in hospice. I wonder what will be the fate of his family business.

38 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

So it appears that Mr. Sierra's boss Sam (of Sam's Furniture) just died in hospice. I wonder what will be the fate of his family business.

That's terrible. And unexpected? I feel like she had posted healthy looking pics with him and her kids recently. Altho a quick look back and the pic I was thinking of was from nov 2015 so maybe not that recent...

(I can't believe I've been following sierra for that long)

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

That's awful.  I wonder if he has been sick a while and Mark has been feeling some pressure, hence the crazed selling of $50+ cupcakes and now the equally expensive lipstick. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I thought Sam was young, do I have the wrong guy?

On 2/28/2017 at 6:29 PM, Mela99 said:

If anybody is in mid-Michigan, you gotta go to Bake n Cakes on Kalamazoo street. Ridiculously good, amazing variety of flavors and they'll customize or invent anything you want!

Now I really want one .... or ten.

They are AWESOME.
I got cupcakes there a week or 2 ago just because :)
Anything with the tagline 'butter makes it better'

(I used to work just down the street.  If any of us were running late for work, your 'get out of the doghouse free' card was swinging in and getting treats for the office from there)

They are AWESOME.
I got cupcakes there a week or 2 ago just because [emoji4]
Anything with the tagline 'butter makes it better'

(I used to work just down the street.  If any of us were running late for work, your 'get out of the doghouse free' card was swinging in and getting treats for the office from there)

What kind did you get ?? I'm thinking of making a stop while DH is out of town on business

I did 6 different ones, because I figured I covered all bases.
The kiddo LOVES the black forest cupcakes-they ahve cherries in them, which is her weakness
I think the Mr. and I are most sold on the cookie dough ones.  THey have cookie dough frosting and cookie dough filling.  Although the cookies & cream ones, w/ the mini oreos on top are damn good too.

Al this talk about cupcakes makes me want to get some. Unfortunally I'm in Denmark at the moment and no shop nearby that is open and can provide me with the kind of cupcakes you all are talking about :my_sad:

I had cake pops yesterday from a local place and they made my evening.  Confession: I take the frosting off and just eat the cake part 

1 hour ago, Pasta said:

I had cake pops yesterday from a local place and they made my evening.  Confession: I take the frosting off and just eat the cake part 

I'm the opposite, I will eat around the cake until I get to the part that is covered in icing. That's how I roll! lol

Somehow, everyone in my family forgot 'lunch' today...
But my child wanted cupcakes this weekend, from the bunny kit nana sent--decorated herself w/ mom's homemade buttercream.  And 3 types of sprinkles, because, sprinkles!
There's some leftover buttercream sitting on my counter--somehow people who forgot lunch still managed to eat a decent amount of buttercream :)

cupcakes2.jpg

f0dcd99f44b1a89cfc3d94c6ddd30a12.jpg

This thread is dangerous [emoji3] I had to make a stop at Bake n cakes and share with all of you - Irish cream, Black Forest, Oreo, lemon, classic white on white and mint chip

On 3/10/2017 at 4:27 PM, Mela99 said:

This thread is dangerous emoji3.png I had to make a stop at Bake n cakes and share with all of you - Irish cream, Black Forest, Oreo, lemon, classic white on white and mint chip

Oh my word! Those look incredible! I have got to make my way over to there to get some! Now granted, I'm like 45 mins away from the place but they look so worth it!  :P 

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

@Mela99 hope you didn't have to spend $60 for those!

$14.00! For a half dozen! All cream filled, topped with handmade buttercream and decorated. See, Sierra? THAT'S worth it.

20 hours ago, Mela99 said:

$14.00! For a half dozen! All cream filled, topped with handmade buttercream and decorated. See, Sierra? THAT'S worth it.

Nicely packaged, fresh and no broken glass. :happy-smileyflower:

On 3/10/2017 at 5:57 PM, Mela99 said:

This thread is dangerous emoji3.png I had to make a stop at Bake n cakes and share with all of you - Irish cream, Black Forest, Oreo, lemon, classic white on white and mint chip

I am drooling! :D Those look amazing, not like those mushy cakes in a jar. 

On 3/10/2017 at 1:27 PM, Mela99 said:

Now I need to go to my local bakery later this week! I hate that Sierra is ripping people off with overpriced, stale, glass shard filled cupcakes, but, I love where this thread drift is going. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived