IGNORED

Sierra: Loving God Into Existence Through Her Husband

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

@NST  I don't think Georgetown Cupcakes is worth standing in the long line. When in DC, go to Red Velvet instead (the cupcakes cost US$3.50-$4.00 I believe).  Sen. Elizabeth Warren lives in a condo above the Penn Quarter location of Red Velvet, lucky woman.

That's the same price you pay here in my UK city for a fancy schmancy cupcake in a cute box.

But, eugh, in the middle of writing this I did go on my favourite website to see what comparison prices are and 

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/kupkase/product/love-luvnut-cake-pot

it's 2 for £20, which is around $25  but they look 10x better

4 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I had a great donut at Wegmans today. The Devil Made Me Do It. 

Wegman's is my weakness. I have a love for their general tso tofu and lo mein that runs deep.........and now I'm hungry.

3 minutes ago, Minionmayhem said:

Wegman's is my weakness. I have a love for their general tso tofu and lo mein that runs deep.........and now I'm hungry.

The trouble with the donuts/cookies/pastries.....is that they are there for the "taking", free and open, no case, you don't have to ask. That is just a crime. 

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

@NST  I don't think Georgetown Cupcakes is worth standing in the long line. When in DC, go to Red Velvet instead (the cupcakes cost US$3.50-$4.00 I believe).  Sen. Elizabeth Warren lives in a condo above the Penn Quarter location of Red Velvet, lucky woman.

I think I have to agree with you.  I watched their reality show and it looked intriguing.   But we have something similar here called Cupcakes which are expensive and really not that good. But they made a reality show and their show was better than the cupcake. 

And I think I remember i saw the Duggars at a Georgetown Cupcakes in an episode. 

As for going to DC - on my bucket list as well as Graceland 

7 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I had a great donut at Wegmans today. The Devil Made Me Do It. 

Wegmans! OMG, every visit's a treat!

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Yes, but they come with Extra Jesus.  And if you eat one, you are like one degree of separation from the Duggars, which is what some leghumpers crave.

I did not know that about Senator Warren. Red Velvet is also very close to the FRC.   Their weekly special flavors are always a temptation for me. Groupon sometimes has offers for a discount on a dozen cupcakes.

14 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

How many things has she sold already? Chocolate covered strawberries, hand written cards, jar cupcakes, what else was there?

she also made that apple butter a couple of months ago.

7 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

she also made that apple butter a couple of months ago.

And those ugly Oreo pops. I wonder how much money she actually makes with all this stuff. And how it works out on an hourly basis.

My friend just gave me a massive slice of cookie dough cheesecake. She's a genius in the kitchen. Oh right Sierra's cupcakes in jars, noooo don't pay $10 for a cupcake. Make friends and have them make you delicious treats. 

Sierra does these food related gigs once in a while. With her followers, I'm sure she makes some $$. Personally I wouldn't buy anything off IG. I don't know if she could do it daily though.

So at first I thought it could be a reasonable amount to spend if it included shipping...I just looked at her Etsy site and it's an extra $11 for shipping and it's ready to ship in 1-2 weeks. If I'm going to pay $50+ for smashed up cupcakes in a jar then they better be delivered within 24 hours! 

On 2/4/2017 at 11:48 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I would only pay $10 for a cupcake if it came with Tom Hiddleston feeding it to me and telling me I'm pretty after every bite.

Me too.

Hold up!  This woman is charging $39.99 for 4 cupcakes sloppily shoved into a jar?!  People pay for this?  

4 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

Hold up!  This woman is charging $39.99 for 4 cupcakes sloppily shoved into a jar?!  People pay for this?  

Apparently they do. :dontgetit:

It looks like she has made 98 sales sine joining Etsy. Only 4 reviews so far though and they are just for the cupcakes. One review says "Shipping made them so that they didn't really look like the picture, but the taste makes up for the look!!"  I guess that means they don't look cute and layered. They are likely just a pile of mush. Yum...?

Oh...and the 4-pack is $40. And to ship to my zip code would be $11. You also don't get to pick your flavors. Wow. I think I'd rather get 10 pizzas from Little Caesars. 

18 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Apparently they do. :dontgetit:

I don't know how she justifies that amount.  My husband says they look like a cat threw up in a jar.  

17 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

You also don't get to pick your flavors.

The price bothers me, but this REALLY bothers me. I'm paying $10 a cupcake and don't even get to count on getting my preferred flavor(s)? Really???

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

Oh...and the 4-pack is $40. And to ship to my zip code would be $11. You also don't get to pick your flavors. Wow. I think I'd rather get 10 pizzas from Little Caesars. 

Wow those pizzas sound like an amazing special! I could have so many people over for Pizza night!

I'd rather that than waiting for cupcakes that don't look like the picture that cost more than what I'd spend on my food for the whole week!

For the record, $40.00 USD is currently $52.12 AUD.

Why order from Arkansas at outrageous prices when these are available locally?

Super-Bowl-Jars-WEB.jpg?t=1485721574

Is this some new trend? Before Sierra, I'd never heard of a cupcake in a jar. Maybe I don't go onto Pinterest enough.

I'm slightly tempted to start a crowdfunder, so one "lucky" USA FJer can take one for the team and order one!  Chipping in $3 would be worth it for the giggles!

Yes, bless Pinterest, they are quite common at least in some area.

This was from a local bakery fundraiser for Ronald McDonald house.

11174377_930902256949671_392838703700624

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived