IGNORED

Sierra: Loving God Into Existence Through Her Husband

choralcrusader8613

10 years ago we had a severely neglected 12 year old foster child who weighed 30 lbs. :gasp: He's fine physically now.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/22/2017 at 6:32 AM, Carm_88 said:

Righttt! That being said I think she's due for an announcement. emoji849.png

So, random I know, but she did an Instagram live thing the other night and I happened to see it and click on it and she had like 200+ people tuned in and at that moment she answered a question from someone about their family planning  and she told them that they were "leaving it up to God" but that if God blessed them with another then she would be thrilled and then added (a little sadly) "but we currently are not expecting...so yeah.." 

Normally I'd roll my eyes, but she did seem genuinely sad about it so I don't think she was just saying it to throw people off. I'm surprised she addressed it at all, but many enough people were asking her so she finally just told them. Very interesting little "Live" thing. Marjory did one too and I caught a few minutes of it...facilitating. 

I have three grandsons the oldest is 6 and weighs 37 pounds, next is the 4 year old and he weighs 34 pounds, and then there's the chubby monkey who is 10 months old and weighs in at 28 pounds. Now the oldest two and the baby have different dads so that could play a part in it. But monkey's dad isn't a big guy and grandpa has a 29 inch waist. But I hear that grandpa was chubby guy until he learned to walk. He has his grandpa's appetite though. I'm not sure who eats more. 

We make big kids. My hubby is 6'3 (with more tall men on both sides of our family). My 3 year old is 40" tall and 37lbs, my 10.5 year old is 5' tall and 95lbs. Neither of them were 30lbs at a year though. My daughter was 22lbs 10oz and my son was 24lbs even. They were both way up in the growth percentile too. 

I don't think it's a big deal either as people are sharing their vast differences in weights and certainly not shaming at all. I think the original poster asked the harmless question of if it was normal because those who don't have babies/baby family members around really have no idea what's normal or not with babies or children. I'm the "baby" in my family (now 27) and any cousins who have had babies are out of state, so I really haven't been exposed to babies at all. Actually, everything I now know about "normal" birth weights, etc. came from this site! Thanks for the help yall!

7 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Seriously, what if we stop taking about what a baby weights or not? 

faveourite vacation spots 

mine Nantucket and Monaco :D

Going back to allergies, new recommendations are to introduce allergenic foods like peanuts around 6 months if your family has any history of allergies.  Check with your doctor because there are different recommendations for kids with allergies, kids with a family history of allergies, or kids with no family history.  

It looks like one reason for increasing peanut allergy was premature over-cautious advise to avoid peanuts right at the age when kids are most likely to be able to develop tolerance of them. 

We didn't introduce until 1 year. Though I don't think it would have made a difference for us since my son seemed to have an aversion from the get-go. He doesn't like chocolate either. He clearly can't be my child...ha!

My daughter is allergic to many things so it didn't matter when we introduced stuff. She was born allergic to any fiber except 100% cotton, same as her paternal great grandmother. Great grandmother was even allergic to rice!  DD still pops yp with crazy allergies. As a rule of thumb, if I'm allergic or have a reaction to something, I immediately tell her because its very likely she will too.

On 1/27/2017 at 10:31 AM, nst said:

Dali (in China), Westerly (Rhode Island), and Prague! If they could roll all of those places into one (beautiful ancient Chinese city with awesome spicy Yunnan food and fried clams right by the beach with cheap beer that flows like a river and lots of cool historical sites to see), I'd be in heaven.

On 1/20/2017 at 3:02 AM, ophelia said:

Caroline is your pet fundie? That surprises me. I have been following her for years, but never had that kind of "feelings" for her. Oh gosh this sounds so wrong :-D :-D

I have mixed feelings about Sierra. I kinda like her, but at the same time she is annoying AF. But she is one of the fundies that I would have loved to get to know if they hadn't chose the dark pathway to fundiedom.

I've been following Caroline for ages. I first found her looking for maxi skirts online and just fell down the rabbit hole. We disagree on some things (submission, working outside the home, and so on), but she just seems really nice and not judgmental-- not telling her sons that women who dress "immodestly" are whores, letting her daughters wear pants, talking about how it's bad to be legalistic (the bar is set kind of low here, isn't it?). 

On 1/27/2017 at 9:31 AM, nst said:

Rome, hands down. It makes my inner Latin nerd squee. 

I would really like to go to Greece, Iceland, and Israel sometime in the near future. Not all at once, but those are my top three right now.

Sierra did another live video thing on Instagram last night. I only caught the beginning of it. Sometimes she really does seem quite normal. She was talking in a normal voice and whatnot. People were mostly asking the same old questions about the Duggars and if she is going to have more kids. Then she said she was going to talk about cupcakes so I turned it off.

8 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

We just got back from 4 days at Disney World, not my favorite vacation but lots of fun nonetheless!

I love Disney World. I am a huge Disney nerd. :)  We are heading to Disneyland this summer. 

I watched one of her live videos once and all the questions were about how to stay married and babies, but then someone asked her what the Pythagorean theorem was, she didn't know the answer but indicated she did learn it in high school-i thought that was better than nothing! Lol I hope people ask her some more varied questions in the future

This allergy discussion makes me feel bad because I am allergic to nothing. Well dust mites a bit but not even that.

So Sierra's new totally-unlicensed & un-health-department-certified (as far as we know) business venture is "cupcakes in a jar" which I suppose is some sort of Pinteresty-food-thing.

15 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

I watched one of her live videos once and all the questions were about how to stay married and babies, but then someone asked her what the Pythagorean theorem was, she didn't know the answer but indicated she did learn it in high school-i thought that was better than nothing! Lol I hope people ask her some more varied questions in the future

I remember vaguely that we talked about it in 7th or 8th grade, but I couldn't explain it if my life depended on it. So I kind of feel her.

i do know that the Pythagorean Theorem has  to do with right triangles, but i can't remember any details.  that was 10th grade geometry, back in 1986.

Is pythagorean theorem A squard+B squared=c squared. So you will find the hypotenuse by knowing the other two angles? or am I making shit up like high school?  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived