IGNORED

Sierra: Loving God Into Existence Through Her Husband

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you think that jars won't get broken, if you don't protect them properly? Wow. I mean, that never even came to mind. I thought that would be common sense. 

I'm amazed people said they would order again.

You could probably make a dozen cupcakes in a jar yourself, just for the shipping price!

On 2/1/2017 at 1:07 PM, JillyO said:

And she charges over $40* for four cupcakes, which - much like Erika Shupe's jelly beans - you don't even get to choose the flavors of! WTF, is she insane?! Here's a link to her Etsy if anybody cares: https://www.etsy.com/listing/492996618/cupcake-in-a-jar-4-pack?ref=unav_listing-other

*Etsy automatically converts to €, so I can't see exactly how much she charges in $, but the price I'm seeing in € converts to $41. Insane.

@Bad Wolf, here it is. JillyO posted it back on page 10.  I read the reviews this morning; I can't help but think the best ones are her friends.......

17 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

Reviews are in on the etsy cupcakes. She didn't wrap the jars. Customers received broken glass cupcakes. She's brainless.

Thanks for saying that so I didn't have to. How dumb is that? From reading the reviews I'm also pretty sure she whipped up some off-brand cake mix and ready-made frosting and considered herself a real entrepreneur, that's how simple and smug she is (and that's how nasty those cup cakes must have been). She's proven in the past that she has no concept of real food and confectionery whatsoever. But then again, who spends so much money on cup fakes (pun intended) in a broken jar? I don't know who I should get worked up about more, Sierra or the crazy people who buy her craptastic food on etsy? Have people really become that lazy and incapable that they can't even whip up a few cupcakes from a cake mix all by themselves? Don't get me wrong here, I'm not opposed to nice, clean and private little bakeries who take cake orders from family and friends, but you buy from people you know, or from people your friend's husband's cousin knows, or whatever; you don't buy completely unoriginal and stale cupcakes from a money-grubbing wanna-be celebrity who is too dull to close a lid properly and make sure her orders arrive in a decent state.  

I would really advice people to be careful when buying any kind of food from friggin' strangers on the internet. 

The stupid with Sierra, it burns. 

2 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

"Pulling glass shards out of my $10 cupcake" should be a post count. 

That woman really has no shame, has she? Taking $10 for a freakin' cup cake! I guess frugality only extends to them and their ilk but as long as they can leech off of naive leghumpers or other ignorant people, everything is A.OK. 

5 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

That woman really has no shame, has she? Taking $10 for a freakin' cup cake! I guess frugality only extends to them and their ilk but as long as they can leech off of naive leghumpers or other ignorant people, everything is A.OK. 

Frugality rules only apply to the grifters, not those they are grifting from, apparently.

Who in their right mind would buy cupcakes that need to be shipped, wouldn' t you rather make them or get them from a local bakery? 

Not only do the reviews say they got broken glass, but so many say their cakes we're all dried out. Sierra's an idiot but I think the real dumb dumbs are the people buying them!

Also interesting that there's nothing on her shop now. 

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Hey Sierra we know someone who could set you up selling Plexus!

I don't think the world would be able to handle that :pb_lol:

For anyone wondering how Sierra works in the kitchen, let me remind y'all of this: 

ETA: Please notice how in the Brownie vid Josie sticks her fingers up her nose und and then digs in the flour box? Nice!  No way would I ever eat anything that came out of that kitchen. 

Btw, I'm pretty sure Sierra made a big cheap batch of cupcakes at once and just waited for people to order them. That's probably why they were already stale when shipped off. 

7 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Btw, I'm pretty sure Sierra made a big cheap batch of cupcakes at once and just waited for people to order them. That's probably why they were already stale when shipped off. 

Why does she cook with her long hair swinging  onto the counter?? I see she & Joy pulled their hair up midway through the Oreo balls. The first video was fine bc it was just the Duggars planning to eat that pan. But the rest, nah. 

And yeah I think it's crazy people ordered the price gouged cupcakes OR the lipgloss without more information. Like what is so special about it?? (Organic/cruelty free/etc) 

ALSO wouldn't you think her target demographic (Christian SAHMs that watch the Duggars) would have the time and knowledge to make mediocre cupcakes?? It's not like Sierra is a pastry chef. I really want to know if she's making these out of a box. 

1 minute ago, VeganCupcake said:

And yeah I think it's crazy people ordered the price gouged cupcakes OR the lipgloss without more information. Like what is so special about it?? (Organic/cruelty free/etc) 

What is special about it? Jesus.  

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

What is special about it? Jesus.  

Exactly. The only reason why people are ordering this stuff is so that they can feel part of the same fundie tribe as Sierra and the Duggars, and so that they can then go tell Sierra on Instagram how much they love her.

On 2/26/2017 at 8:47 PM, Bad Wolf said:

Not just $10 per cupcake, add the cost of shipping. More like $12.50. 

For $12.50 that cupcake should come with real imported chocolate, edible gold flakes and a maid to clean up the crumbs when you're done. My favorite local bakery does gourmet cupcakes and the priciest one is $3.50 (worth every damned cent). Not so for a dried up cake in a jar.

On 1/2/2017 at 5:58 PM, boston2495 said:

Oh man, I can't like this enough. I have the exact same thing to a few foods that seem to be pretty uncommon, allergy-wise. At least, I don't know anyone else with these allergies. And, since one of them is agave (meaning no tequila for me), I constantly get people rolling their eyes or making comments about how I must have just overdone it the last time I had margaritas or something. It always amazes me how opinionated people can be about other peoples' medical histories! 

Long story short, you're totally right, and I get so offended whenever I get someone telling me my diagnosed allergies aren't allergies because my negative reactions don't fit into the mold of what negative reactions are acceptable, or whatever. I too have gotten sick from that kind of attitude (when people don't take it seriously or think that my reaction won't be so bad) and it sucks.

I know I'm late to this party but I have an agave allergy!!!! I've never met anyone with it either! I'm so weirdly excited!

Thankfully most people are chill when I tell them. Probably because they ask what happens when I drink it and "I can't breathe" is enough to get their attention.

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

For $12.50 that cupcake should come with real imported chocolate, edible gold flakes and a maid to clean up the crumbs when you're done. My favorite local bakery does gourmet cupcakes and the priciest one is $3.50 (worth every damned cent). Not so for a dried up cake in a jar.

You inspired me to do some research. The highest rated "Cupcake Boutique" in my city charges $2.75 each, or $3.00 for LIQUOR INFUSED. They also offer 12 flavors daily (which you can CHOOSE YOUR OWN) or you can special order from a list of over 50. If people want cupcakes in a jar, why don't they just buy some cupcakes from one of these much cheaper gourmet cupcake shops, and, oh I don't know……PUT THEM IN A JAR??? 

45 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

You inspired me to do some research. The highest rated "Cupcake Boutique" in my city charges $2.75 each, or $3.00 for LIQUOR INFUSED. They also offer 12 flavors daily (which you can CHOOSE YOUR OWN) or you can special order from a list of over 50. If people want cupcakes in a jar, why don't they just buy some cupcakes from one of these much cheaper gourmet cupcake shops, and, oh I don't know……PUT THEM IN A JAR??? 

I'm also surprised that people would fall for that but then again people call mixing two cream of whatever soups together a 'recipe' and I sit there SMH so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised after all. 

All this talk is making me want cupcakes again! Not a stale cupcake though, a nice fresh one. Mmm, knows what I'm getting when I go to the grocery store. 

If anybody is in mid-Michigan, you gotta go to Bake n Cakes on Kalamazoo street. Ridiculously good, amazing variety of flavors and they'll customize or invent anything you want!

Now I really want one .... or ten.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived