IGNORED

Sierra: Loving God Into Existence Through Her Husband

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

What pizza do you buy? I could get 8 large ones from the pizza place down my street or 6 from domino's

ETA Whatever, i forgot the dollars to euros conversion, so it would be 6 pizzas and 3 or 4 from Domino's

I could probably get 4–5 pizzas in Sweden. But Norway is a different story. :)

Sweden is a pretty expensive country but Norwegians cross the border to shop. 

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I have some of a Timmie's breakfast wrap if you want me to send it to you..

Hmmm, I just had a blueberry muffin and an ice capp but thanks! :) 

Pizza is kind of an institution in my area and prices are all over the board. And you get what you pay for. Little Caesars starts at US$5, but the quality is marginally better than frozen (nothing wrong with that).  The local shops make from scratch and are infinitely better.  The best places charge closer to $20 depending on size and toppings. 

Thank you every one!

Now I'm going to have to have pizza for Tea! Not had one for ages though.

Chicken with Spinach, thin crust with a poached egg on top. Yummy!!!!!!

We have a very popular local bakery that makes amazing cupcakes. They are HUGE and so delicious- all kinds of crazy flavors with fancy toppings and some with filling. They charge $3.50 each. If I was going to pay $10 a cupcake, it would have to be something like what this local bakery does.

Best pizza deal around here are take and bakes. You can get a family sized pizza from papa murphy's for $13. Or there is a great local place that sells take and bakes buy one get one- we usually get two larges for $16.  

Where I'm from (by NYC- the land of good pizza) a pie costs about $16. If you go into a pizzeria and order a slice, it's $2. 

My town has a phenomenal award-winning cupcake store, where a cupcake costs about $4, but there are deals like buy 5 get 1 free, etc.    

I wouldn't pay a tenner for a whole cake, let alone one lil cupcake. I wouldn't care how delish and yummy it was or what fancy toppings or designs added onto it. 

I know I am considered cheap by some people who know me, but I see it as being more sensible about money, I don't like to splurge excessively. I know my careful spending attitude is not for everyone, but I would be very surprised to hear if those prices  she is flogging them at considered acceptable to most people.

And who is Sierra's target buyers? Fundies? I would hate to think how many need to be ordered with those super sized families. 

$10.00 for a cupcake is daylight robbery.

Unless it's a Adriano Zumbo "creation" which takes him ages or gold plated, I am not paying $10.00 +!

The most I have seen fancy cupcakes around here for are $5.50 AUD.

Does anyone know if Sierra is licensed through the Arkansas Dept. of Health to sell food online? If not, she's breaking the law. 

24 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I love this expression! I've only ever heard "highway robbery", but this is funny. :D

The really nice cupcake/bakery places near me charge about 2-3.50 for really delicious cupcakes. I only buy one or two at a time once a month. But no way would I buy thru etsy cupcakes in a jar. How does she mail them securely? The boxes don't look like they are for jars or made to be shipped. How can she guarantee the cupcakes in a jar will arrive in once piece? Plus shipping is like an additional $11. highway robbery indeed

13 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I could probably get 4–5 pizzas in Sweden. But Norway is a different story. :)

Sweden is a pretty expensive country but Norwegians cross the border to shop. 

Oh yes we do. Sweden, the land of candy and bacon! I might be headed over the border next week, and that's what I'll buy.

One of the winners of Cupcake Wars has a shop nearby, they charge $3.50- $4.25 for a single cupcake. No way I'd pay $10.

@catlady I smiled when you mentioned Little Ceasars. Works good for lunch on a busy weekend but otherwise not my fave. And still can't believe they're naming the new arena that.

13 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Even Sprinkles doesn't charge $10 a cupcake. 

Nope not even at the cupcake ATM or the sprinkles doggie cupcakes.  We may or may not frequent Sprinkles....

If a cupcake is 10 bucks, it's because it took some time to decorate it. Like the decorations are detailed and part of the price is in the time the decorator put into it. That isn't the case with these. They look like they didn't take a lot of time to create and ordinary cupcake ingredients aren't usually expensive. So I'm hoping her price includes he cost of shipping. Otherwise she's fucking nuts.

On 02/02/2017 at 10:24 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

Unless it's a Adriano Zumbo "creation" which takes him ages or gold plated, I am not paying $10.00 +!

Even Zumbo's individual cakes are cheaper!

http://zumbo.com.au/product-category/individual-cakes/

(If I ever get to Aus, I am SO going to Zumbo's for tea!  Too much Aussie Masterchef has me salivating!  And Anna Polyviou's!  And then food at Billy Kwong's!)

On 2/2/2017 at 6:16 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If a cupcake is 10 bucks, it's because it took some time to decorate it. Like the decorations are detailed and part of the price is in the time the decorator put into it. That isn't the case with these. They look like they didn't take a lot of time to create and ordinary cupcake ingredients aren't usually expensive. So I'm hoping her price includes he cost of shipping. Otherwise she's fucking nuts.

I wouldn't pay $10 for a cupcake - not even from Georgetown Cupcakes which is on my bucket list to try. 

Now Florentines are a whole other thing - I have searched high and low for the perfect Florentines.  I have hit the mother load from two places :D

On 2/2/2017 at 5:24 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

I would only pay $10 for a cupcake if it came with Tom Hiddleston feeding it to me and telling me I'm pretty after every bite.

On February 2, 2017 at 4:37 PM, marmalade said:

Does anyone know if Sierra is licensed through the Arkansas Dept. of Health to sell food online? If not, she's breaking the law. 

I'm sure the woman who lets little kids walk all over her counter tops and otherwise neglects basic hygiene rules when cooking thought to check the health code laws. :pb_rollseyes:

9 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I would only pay $10 for a cupcake if it came with Tom Hiddleston feeding it to me and telling me I'm pretty after every bite.

Please sign me up for this! I will gladly pay $10!

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I am completely mystified about cupcakes in a jar for too much money. 

I really want to believe that she's an impressively conniving businesswoman who knows enough gullible women who will happily spend $10 on a mason jar full of mushed-up cake if there's a cute label on it.

How many things has she sold already? Chocolate covered strawberries, hand written cards, jar cupcakes, what else was there?

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I am completely mystified about cupcakes in a jar for too much money. 

Yes, but they come with Extra Jesus.  And if you eat one, you are like one degree of separation from the Duggars, which is what some leghumpers crave.

@NST  I don't think Georgetown Cupcakes is worth standing in the long line. When in DC, go to Red Velvet instead (the cupcakes cost US$3.50-$4.00 I believe).  Sen. Elizabeth Warren lives in a condo above the Penn Quarter location of Red Velvet, lucky woman.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived